Since you were so specific in asking about a "free dining package ticket" I figured
you wanted to discuss if the dining credits expire.

If what you want to know is when currently-purchased park tickets will expire, that would normally be Dec. 31, 2018.
However, it MIGHT be that the tickets you will be issued in 2018 MIGHT be tickets from a time after an upcoming price increase.
If so, it is possible that those tickets MIGHT have an expiration date of, say, Dec. 31, 2019.
We just don't have enough info to know for sure.

Regardless, unused tickets that "expire" still have some value.
After expiration, their original value price can be used to help defray the cost of purchasing new
tickets, at such time as you make a future WDW trip.

Thanks! I guess we shall wait and see!

If I buy a 4day hopper (5day really) from UT today for $427.95...then convert it to a AP in Feb 2018 at the IG after the first day's use...how much $ exactly will I pay?
Adult non-Florida resident
Thanks for any help

If I buy a 4day hopper (5day really) from UT today for $427.95...then convert it to a AP in Feb 2018 at the IG after the first day's use...how much $ exactly will I pay?
Adult non-Florida resident
Thanks for any help

It doesn't matter what you PAY for a discounted ticket in regard to upgrading.
If the ticket that you buy was minted (dated) after Feb. 12, 2017, to determine the cost of an upgrade:
Subtract the current Disney price of the kind of ticket that you HAVE
from the current Disney price of the kind of ticket that you WANT.
You will pay that difference price for the upgrade.

What is the average price increase on Annual passes? Should I buy UT tickets and upgrade this Spring or just buy AP's now. The problem is I'm not sure I want to upgrade to AP's . I'm leaning toward just buying the UT tickets, but I could be kicking myself if there's a huge price increase in AP's.

What is the average price increase on Annual passes? Should I buy UT tickets and upgrade this Spring or just buy AP's now. The problem is I'm not sure I want to upgrade to AP's . I'm leaning toward just buying the UT tickets, but I could be kicking myself if there's a huge price increase in AP's.

You could also be kicking yourself if you decide you don't want the AP's.

So, the lesser gamble may be buying the deepest-discounted authorized reseller tickets.
(That may or may not be from UT.)

Its worth noting that last year's price increase also saw a change in how tickets' upgrade
value was computed (in relation to when the tickets were purchased.)
So. we don't know exactly WHAT may or may not change this year.

Last edited:

Ok....just to confirm what I think I've read. We have AP's that expire 2/14/2018. We're going in 2 weeks, and again in early March, and again next December. Obviously we'll want to renew our current AP's. So it's 60 days prior or within 30 days after the current expiration is when I can renew? I think I read somewhere, and I hope it's wrong, that if we renew prior, that we'll get a new (earlier) expiration date, v.s. 2/14/2019. Does that make sense? When I purchased the AP's earlier this year, they were for 13 months. I was planning on renewing prior to our early March trip...again assuming the new expiration would be 2/14/2019...or will it be March 2019?

I'm still on the fence with regards to renewing our TIW card. With just 2 of us, who don't do fancy dining, I'm not sure it's worth $150. I read somewhere that we'd need to spend $750.00 in meals/drinks to get back our $150.00. I realize I'm asking a bunch of questions in one post...sorry!

Ok....just to confirm what I think I've read. We have AP's that expire 2/14/2018. We're going in 2 weeks, and again in early March, and again next December. Obviously we'll want to renew our current AP's.
1. So it's 60 days prior or within 30 days after the current expiration is when I can renew?
2. I think I read somewhere, and I hope it's wrong, that if we renew prior, that we'll get a new (earlier) expiration date, v.s. 2/14/2019. Does that make sense?
3. When I purchased the AP's earlier this year, they were for 13 months. I was planning on renewing prior to our early March trip...again assuming the new expiration would be 2/14/2019...or will it be March 2019?

4. I'm still on the fence with regards to renewing our TIW card. With just 2 of us, who don't do fancy dining, I'm not sure it's worth $150. I read somewhere that we'd need to spend $750.00 in meals/drinks to get back our $150.00. I realize I'm asking a bunch of questions in one post...sorry!

1. Yes.
2. A renewal always keeps the same expiration date as the original AP (that's what makes it a "renewal.")
3. The end-date of your renewed AP would be 2/14/19.
4. I have never thought the TiW card was worth its high cost, for use with small parties.

1. Yes.
2. A renewal always keeps the same expiration date as the original AP (that's what makes it a "renewal.")
3. The end-date of your renewed AP would be 2/14/19.
4. I have never thought the TiW card was worth its high cost, for use with small parties.

Thank you! Very appreciative of you taking up what I'm sure is your personal time, to answering all our questions!

Where can I upgrade to hoppers?
Any ticket booth or Guest Relations outside any theme park, water park, or at TTC, or at the Welcome Center Guest Relations at Disney Springs.

Also, if you are staying at a WDW resort, you can add the Hopper at the Concierge desk of the resort.

Can tickets be prioritized at our resort or only at park guest services? Two people in our group need to have three seperate daily admissions put in a certain order.

I have never dealt with this particular issue, so am unsure on protocol.

Can tickets be prioritized at our resort or only at park guest services? Two people in our group need to have three seperate daily admissions put in a certain order.

I have never dealt with this particular issue, so am unsure on protocol.

Guest Relations at the parks can prioritize tickets.

(Guest "Services" carries resort luggage. ;) )

I have a 3 day ticket for Steve with FPs associated with it for a trip beginning December 1. We have 6 nights together at WDW.

My friend, Patricia, is retired Air Force and has a 5 day Military ticket that expires December 19. Patricia will be with us for our whole trip. When we all arrive on Friday, can Patricia reassign the Military ticket to Steve? The person it was bought for cannot come. Everyone except Steve has APs. We have a DVC Moonlight Magic reservation, as well as MVMCP tickets, so Steve was going into parks more than the 3 nights, but with limited time constraints. This way we can get more park time together.

If this can be done, can IT at My Disney Experience get Steve’s FPS put on the new ticket?

Thank you.

I have a 3 day ticket for Steve with FPs associated with it for a trip beginning December 1. We have 6 nights together at WDW.

My friend, Patricia, is retired Air Force and has a 5 day Military ticket that expires December 19. Patricia will be with us for our whole trip. When we all arrive on Friday, can Patricia reassign the Military ticket to Steve? The person it was bought for cannot come. Everyone except Steve has APs. We have a DVC Moonlight Magic reservation, as well as MVMCP tickets, so Steve was going into parks more than the 3 nights, but with limited time constraints. This way we can get more park time together.

If this can be done, can IT at My Disney Experience get Steve’s FPS put on the new ticket?

Thank you.
As long as the military person is with you all at entry time, Steve can use the military ticket for park entry.
There is no need to transfer any FPs, as it doesn’t matter what ticket a guest uses for entry to the park that day, the booked FPs will work for that person.
FPs are not “connected” to specific tickets.

Sorry to ask again what I'm sure is on here somewhere:

I am intending to upgrade e-tickets that were purchased on UT in 2015. These are 3-day PHs that I intend to upgrade to 5-day PHs. They are already linked to the MBs we will be using on the trip.

The question: Do I need anything more with me? Can they upgrade from the MDE or MBs only? There are no hard copy cards. I have an email receipt that I'll keep handy.

I am intending to upgrade e-tickets that were purchased on UT in 2015. These are 3-day PHs that I intend to upgrade to 5-day PHs. They are already linked to the MBs we will be using on the trip.
1. Do I need anything more with me?
2. Can they upgrade from the MDE or MBs only? There are no hard copy cards.
3. I have an email receipt that I'll keep handy.
1. Nope. (Well, a legal Photo ID is always wise to carry.)
2. Yes.
3. Good “back-up.”

As long as the military person is with you all at entry time, Steve can use the military ticket for park entry.
There is no need to transfer any FPs, as it doesn’t matter what ticket a guest uses for entry to the park that day, the booked FPs will work for that person.
FPs are not “connected” to specific tickets.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter