I, too, want to thank you, Robo. You answered my questions even though they have been asked and answered often. And I see you do that with others. It's so nice to get conformation even when we sorta/kinda already know the answer. DISboards is a better place because of you.

I, too, want to thank you, Robo. You answered my questions even though they have been asked and answered often. And I see you do that with others. It's so nice to get conformation even when we sorta/kinda already know the answer. DISboards is a better place because of you.

Aw, shucks!
Thank you so much for taking the time to say such nice things!

(BYW, a big part of my life's vocation -and avocation- is in the field of "Stage Tech.")

I just got off the phone with ticket guest relations. We have FL Resident APs although our primary residence is in GA (don't worry - we checked with Disney before getting our APs... they said this was fine as long as we also have a FL residence, which we do). While trying to renew our APs, we encountered Stitch a few times last night. We were finally able to get to the payment page for our renewals about 11:30 last night. On the final page, our payment was denied because we don't have a FL billing address. GR was already closed. I called this morning to see if they would honor yesterday's ticket prices for us.

Anyway, I was told that they have to check with some credit card billing/processing department so they will get back to us tomorrow. The interesting part is that the CM said that she would issue us an AP renewal certificate. I have seen mention of these on the forums, but it's the first time that a CM has mentioned it to me. According to the CM, she would issue a renewal certificate, and we would have to take it to GR on our next trip to reestablish residency. I do not really understand the difference between a renewal certificate and a new AP (the starting date of the AP, perhaps?). I was really hoping to save some time and not have to deal with establishing residency again (took 30-45 minutes last year), but it looks like we will need to repeat the process.

I guess I won't have to make the decision on wether to upgrade to annual passes in April.What would have cost me 550.00 will now be closer to 800...no thanks. I thought ticket prices would go up proportionally with annual passes, but that wasn't the case. The good news is that if we go back Fall of 2019 to see Star Wars land I won't be paying much more for 7 day park hoppers then I did this year....provided I buy them before Feb of 2019.

I apologize if this has been answered but I am getting conflicting answers from the rest of the world and I am sure you will have the right answer! Can I use an unused, unexpired MYW ticket to renew my annual pass - not purchase a new pass but renew an existing pass?

I apologize if this has been answered but I am getting conflicting answers from the rest of the world and I am sure you will have the right answer! Can I use an unused, unexpired MYW ticket to renew my annual pass - not purchase a new pass but renew an existing pass?
I did that last year at Epcot guest relations.

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. My cousin and family will be at Disney World at the same time as me. They bought the room+ticket package with single park tickets. Is it possible to upgrade the two kids to park hoppers once we all arrive? Or if it is part of a package does the whole party need to upgrade?

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. My cousin and family will be at Disney World at the same time as me. They bought the room+ticket package with single park tickets. Is it possible to upgrade the two kids to park hoppers once we all arrive? Or if it is part of a package does the whole party need to upgrade?

Once you arrive, the kids' tickets can be upgraded without having to upgrade all tickets.

If fastpasses were made with a ticket and that ticket is reassigned, do the fastpasses get reassigned along with the ticket automattically? If not can I reassign the ticket and then do a change party to reassign the fastpasses or will the fastpasses be lost? Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
If fastpasses were made with a ticket and that ticket is reassigned, do the fastpasses get reassigned along with the ticket automattically? If not can I reassign the ticket and then do a change party to reassign the fastpasses or will the fastpasses be lost? Hope this makes sense.

FPs are not "connected to" specific tickets.
There just needs to BE at least one valid ticket in a guest's MDX account in order to book FPs in advance.

If all valid tickets in a guest's MDX account are subsequently transferred out of that guest's MDX account,
that guest's booked FPs would disappear (after a grace period.)

If you transfer a ticket to another guest, you then will have a grace period to
reassign the remaining FPs to another guest.

Military Salute ticket question. We are planning a June trip, it will be me, my husband, 2 kids, and FIL/MIL. Retired military FIL is planning on ordering our tix through SOG. We've just found out that he is scheduled for 8 weeks of daily radiation that ends the week before our trip. If there are unforseen circumstances preventing his going on the trip, are we just out of luck with these military tickets? If he buys the pre-activated tickets through SOG, including his own, will he still have to be present and enter the parks in order to allow the rest of us to do so? Obviously his health is most important but he is anxious about this trip working out so I wanted to make sure I can calm his worries with either A) the news that we can still use the tix if he can't go or B) that I already have a plan set in place if we can't (i.e. different tickets).

Purchasing military member must be present for ticket use.

Thank you. Guess I need to come up with a contingency plan. Not sure if he should still book the military tickets since they are non-refundable, or if we should get regular tickets. I'm not even sure we'd go on this trip without him anyway. We could possibly look into moving the trip to fall but that would still put things up in the air if he is in ill health.

Any updates on rules regarding upgrading? Or more like if there have been changes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter