I discovered 2 value tickets for Epcot HS or AK on our MDX account. Left over from our trip in Sept 2017 which we had to leave during hurricane evacuation. They expire Dec 2018. We have booked and paid for a pkg that includes 8 day hoppers with check in next Sat Sept 1 2018. Is there anyway for me to use these left over tickets towards our trip...I was unaware of them until just now.

I have a trip planned in November that is already paid off. It includes a stay at Pop and a six day park hopper. In a fun turn of events, I just moved to Orlando this weekend. I went to guest relations at Disney springs to upgrade them to an annual pass so that I can begin enjoying the parks but was told I cannot do that until a week prior to the start of my trip. Is this correct? It seems odd that I couldn’t upgrade my purchase now....

I have a trip planned in November that is already paid off. It includes a stay at Pop and a six day park hopper. In a fun turn of events, I just moved to Orlando this weekend. I went to guest relations at Disney springs to upgrade them to an annual pass so that I can begin enjoying the parks but was told I cannot do that until a week prior to the start of my trip. Is this correct? It seems odd that I couldn’t upgrade my purchase now....

Resort "package tickets" cannot be activated until a maximum of 10 days before your check-in date.

However, you can CANCEL your Resort "package" and rebook the resort as "room only."

That way, your ticket cost will be refunded and you can simply buy a new AP, directly,
and as soon as you want to do so.

BTW, if you now live in Orlando, why don't you just cancel the whole resort stay
(the "whole trip" reservation) and just buy a new AP?

Last edited:
I discovered 2 value tickets for Epcot HS or AK on our MDX account. Left over from our trip in Sept 2017 which we had to leave during hurricane evacuation. They expire Dec 2018. We have booked and paid for a pkg that includes 8 day hoppers with check in next Sat Sept 1 2018. Is there anyway for me to use these left over tickets towards our trip...I was unaware of them until just now.

If "8 days" in the parks is all you need for your upcoming trip, there is no good way to use your "found" tickets on that trip.
If you don't/can't use the found tickets before they expire, they will still retain the value at which you originally bought them
and that value can be put towards purchasing new tickets on a future WDW trip.

Last edited:

I can't use the tickets before Dec 31 2018. So will they apply a credit to my upcoming Sept trip? That's my first choice. Should I try to take care of before arrival or at MK guest relations before entering first park? Thank you for your help!!!

I can't use the tickets before Dec 31 2018.
1. So will they apply a credit to my upcoming Sept trip?
2. That's my first choice.
3. Should I try to take care of before arrival or at MK guest relations before entering first park? Thank you for your help!!!

1. If that is at all possible, it would be something out of the ordinary.
No ticket has yet "expired" because these are the first batch of Magic Your Way tickets issued that have an expiration date.
2. As with anything, you can always "ask nicely."
3. Since there is no "standard practice" for this, there's no easy answer.
If they allowed you to apply the value of a still-valid ticket to some other purpose,
THAT would be classified as a "refund" and refunds on purchased tickets is
specifically not allowed.

What would be more likely is that you'd have to wait for the ticket to expire (post Dec. 31, 2018)
and then, on a future trip, use that original ticket "value" toward purchasing a new ticket.
However, see my #2 reply above.

Resort "package tickets" cannot be activated until a maximum of 10 days before your check-in date.

However, you can CANCEL your Resort "package" and rebook the resort as "room only."

That way, your ticket cost will be refunded and you can simply buy a new AP, directly,
and as soon as you want to do so.

BTW, if you now live in Orlando, why don't you just cancel the whole resort stay
(the "whole trip" reservation) and just buy a new AP?

Thank you! We were hoping to keep the vacation as is for one last trip like that as it is paid for and we’ve been looking forward to it for so long. If I do what you suggest, I will lose my dining reservations won’t I?

Thank you! We were hoping to keep the vacation as is for one last trip like that as it is paid for and we’ve been looking forward to it for so long. If I do what you suggest, I will lose my dining reservations won’t I?

Dining reservations do not require (and are not "connected to") any kind of resort reservations or tickets.
Your pre-booked dining reservations will stay in your MDX account, even if you cancel the rest of your "package."

Anyone can make dining reservations (even Orlando residents.) ;)

Last edited:
Robo, thank you for all your advice! I think I may try to "nicely ask" for MNSSHP tickets for one night we are there. Hopefully they will take into account that the state of Florida was under hurricane evacuation during our last trip that I bought these. And I certainly will return at some point so that is an option as well. Will keep my happy humble grateful voice as it sounds like I am at their mercy!

Hey @Robo . Thanks for your resources regarding calculating an AP upgrade. When we arrived at MK on 8/19 we headed to Guest Services to make the transaction. The total that I was given by the CM in the window was about $500 more than I had calculated. She said that since I had MYW tickets I had bought them at a discount so I needed to pay more to upgrade. We had purchased 2 adult and 2 child 8 day park hoppers as part of our FD offer. I told her that I had done the math and that we thought we were paying "full price" because of FD. She resisted momentarily but then the CM next to her told her what to do and she said she could lower the price "a little bit". She came back with the exact amount I had calculated. I would love to hear your thoughts on this transaction. We just booked a FD BBO so we may be in the same situation a year from now.

Hey @Robo . Thanks for your resources regarding calculating an AP upgrade. When we arrived at MK on 8/19 we headed to Guest Services to make the transaction. The total that I was given by the CM in the window was about $500 more than I had calculated. She said that since I had MYW tickets I had bought them at a discount so I needed to pay more to upgrade. We had purchased 2 adult and 2 child 8 day park hoppers as part of our FD offer. I told her that I had done the math and that we thought we were paying "full price" because of FD. She resisted momentarily but then the CM next to her told her what to do and she said she could lower the price "a little bit". She came back with the exact amount I had calculated.
1. I would love to hear your thoughts on this transaction.
2. We just booked a FD BBO so we may be in the same situation a year from now.
1. Everything depends on the training/experience/knowledge/desire to help of the CM you happen to encounter.
So glad that you lucked out on your very first ticket location by being "near" a CM who knew proper upgrade procedure.
2. You may have it easier or have more difficulty next time. Luck-of-the-draw with the CM figures into your transaction.

Next year there MIGHT be more complications with the ticketing for EVERYTHING, as there MIGHT be a major change in ticketing
on the horizon. But, there's no need to panic about that until such time as it MIGHT happen. ;)

Hi I need some help. We are going to WDW with some friends in November. We have a split stay with a cruise in the middle. When we get off of the cruise and come back to stay, our package is a MYW with two base day tickets. Our friends are only staying one night. They have a room only reservation and bought peak one day magic kingdom tickets. How do we link their ticket so we can make fast pass reservations at the 60 day mark? We are all staying on property at Wilderness Lodge. We plan to go to Magic Kingdom the day we disembark. I apologize if I am asking in the wrong place.

Hi I need some help. We are going to WDW with some friends in November. We have a split stay with a cruise in the middle. When we get off of the cruise and come back to stay, our package is a MYW with two base day tickets. Our friends are only staying one night. They have a room only reservation and bought peak one day magic kingdom tickets. How do we link their ticket so we can make fast pass reservations at the 60 day mark? We are all staying on property at Wilderness Lodge. We plan to go to Magic Kingdom the day we disembark. I apologize if I am asking in the wrong place.
If you EACH have separate MYW accounts, invite the others to "join" their account(s) with yours, and you will be able to book all FPs at MK
for all joined accounts.

In your MDX:
MDX-connect_CC.jpg Fam&Friends_CC.jpg

I am considering buying tickets from UT. I pick my fp selections in 6 days.
1. If I choose the eticket, can I link them to my MDE immediately?
2. I guess I need to assign to each party member. Is this difficult?
3. Is there any downside this late in the game, and
4. Is there any way to know the expiration date?
I'm doing this because I just found out part of my party may not be able to go and I'm scrambling to replace the package I had booked. We won't find out until after I make my fp selections and I don't want to risk losing the fps for the party that is able to attend.
Thanks!

I am considering buying tickets from UT. I pick my fp selections in 6 days.
1. If I choose the eticket, can I link them to my MDE immediately?
2a. I guess I need to assign to each party member.
2b. Is this difficult?
3. Is there any downside this late in the game, and
4. Is there any way to know the expiration date?
I'm doing this because I just found out part of my party may not be able to go and I'm scrambling to replace the package I had booked. We won't find out until after I make my fp selections and I don't want to risk losing the fps for the party that is able to attend.
Thanks!

1. It can be "immediately," but usually within a day or two.
(You can call UT and ASK about your specific needs.)
2a. Yes.
2b. Nope.
3. None that I can see.
4. Most current tickets will expire on Dec. 31, 2019.
(You can call UT and ASK about particular tickets' expiration date.)
Even if unused tickets "expire," their "Disney value" at the time of their creation will be retained and you can use
that value when buying new, current tickets at a future time.

One more question: I have not let go of my package yet and I plan to buy the tickets first, then release the package. Or should I call and cancel the package first? Also, because I do not want a package, but rather a room only with 5 day hoppers, do I link them to my MBs or do they just automatically show up in my MDE (this is buying from WDW ticketing and not UT).

One more question:
1. I have not let go of my package yet
2. and I plan to buy the tickets first, then release the package.
3. Or should I call and cancel the package first?

Also, because I do not want a package, but rather a room only with 5 day hoppers,
4. do I link them to my MBs or
5. do they just automatically show up in my MDE (this is buying from WDW ticketing and not UT).

1. OK.
2. OK.
3. If you have already booked FPs for this trip, buy the tickets before cancelling your resort package.
If you have NOT already booked FPs for this trip, it doesn't really matter.

4. Point of order: No ticket is ever specifically "linked to" any MB.
Tickets are linked to your MDE account.
The MBs just access anything that is in your MDE account.
5. If you order your new tickets THROUGH your MDE account, those tickets will automatically
show up there, nearly immediately.
(If they don't, you can easily connect them yourself using the confirmation numbers sent to you.)

1. OK.
2. OK.
3. If you have already booked FPs for this trip, buy the tickets before cancelling your resort package.
If you have NOT already booked FPs for this trip, it doesn't really matter.

4. Point of order: No ticket is ever specifically "linked to" any MB.
Tickets are linked to your MDE account.
The MBs just access anything that is in your MDE account.
5. If you order your new tickets THROUGH your MDE account, those tickets will automatically
show up there, nearly immediately.
(If they don't, you can easily connect them yourself using the confirmation numbers sent to you.)
Thank you! Be cause I am 6 days away from my 60 day mark I think it’s better (safer) to go with the MDE tickets even if a bit more expensive.

Thank you! Be cause I am 6 days away from my 60 day mark I think it’s better (safer) to go with the MDE tickets even if a bit more expensive.

You've not said (that I can find) the number of days you will be in WDW parks.
But,the dollar savings on 6-10 days of tickets for 6 guests via a discounter can be VERY substantial.

I'd contact UT and see if they can reassure you.

If I sell some unused tickets to someone that does not have a MDX account can I just make up a name in my MDX account and transfer them from someone in my account? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter