I've read the 26 pages on the other thread and must have missed something, and have a question. We are going for 2 weeks at DVC in March 2019 and again for a month from Feb. 1, 2020. Our plan is to buy DVC Gold Annual Passes. Is that still the best plan? I wanted to wait to buy them to save the money but would it be better to buy them now before the price inevitably goes up?
I know there are blackout dates around Christmas and Easter but that doesn't affect us. Can they add more blackout dates, even after I buy the pass? I'm thinking they might want to do that when Star Wars opens.
Thanks,
Tony

We are going for 2 weeks at DVC in March 2019 and again for a month from Feb. 1, 2020.
Our plan is to buy DVC Gold Annual Passes.
1. Is that still the best plan?
2. I wanted to wait to buy them to save the money but
3. would it be better to buy them now before the price inevitably goes up?
4. I know there are blackout dates around Christmas and Easter but that doesn't affect us.
5. Can they add more blackout dates, even after I buy the pass?
6. I'm thinking they might want to do that when Star Wars opens.
1. It is a very safe bet that a month and a half worth of tickets would be substantially more costly than buying any kind of AP.
2. Yup.
3. Another good bet is that current prices will be lower than future prices.
4. OK.
5. Anything is possible.
6. Could be.
If that happens, and it does impact your plans, you could upgrade to a higher level of AP
(at such time as it might become necessary.)
That would certainly be less expensive than buying a comparable number of standard tickets
for your extended stays.

Thanks for the quick reply. Especially helpful was #6 "upgrade to a higher level of AP". That never occurred to me. lol.
To buy the DVC gold annual pass, do I just buy a voucher online and then add it to my DME online so I can do FP+ at 60 days out and then activate the voucher at guest services when we arrive?
Thanks,
Tony

To buy the DVC gold annual pass, do I just buy a voucher online and then add it to my DME online so I can do FP+ at 60 days out and then activate the voucher at guest services when we arrive?
If you purchase online, it should automatically be linked to your MDE profile. If not auto linked, it can be linked manually. Once linked to MDE, you can make advance FP+ selections.

Once you arrive at WDW, you need to stop at any Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location to active the pass. You will need your DVC Membership ID Card and all adults (ages 18+) need to show a photo id that has the same address as the membership.

Never done so much pre-planning before. I can have an MDE profile before I buy the APs? I didn't know that.
Thanks again,
Tony

FWIW, as a data point, I’ve called ticketing twice since my AP renewal window opened and both phone CMs were unable to use my UCT 4 day base e-tickets (already linked in MDE) to apply to my renewal. The first one just said it couldn’t be done. The second one said it couldn’t be done because she couldn’t see the value. I pressed a little on that, saying they should be valued as a current 4-day ticket (my parents just bought them a couple of months ago, so they are current stock. We didn’t know we’d be renewing our APs at that point). She said they are only valued at what the third-party paid. So we know that’s not true, but often said at the parks. I’ll try again another day, since a couple of people on the boards here have reported upgrading third party tickets via the phone. It wouldn’t be a huge deal to me, but I have the feeling an AP rate hike will be coming before I renew. So I’d rather take care of it now.

FWIW, as a data point, I’ve called ticketing twice since my AP renewal window opened and both phone CMs were unable to use my UCT 4 day base e-tickets (already linked in MDE) to apply to my renewal. The first one just said it couldn’t be done. The second one said it couldn’t be done because she couldn’t see the value. I pressed a little on that, saying they should be valued as a current 4-day ticket (my parents just bought them a couple of months ago, so they are current stock. We didn’t know we’d be renewing our APs at that point). She said they are only valued at what the third-party paid. So we know that’s not true, but often said at the parks. I’ll try again another day, since a couple of people on the boards here have reported upgrading third party tickets via the phone. It wouldn’t be a huge deal to me, but I have the feeling an AP rate hike will be coming before I renew. So I’d rather take care of it now.
Thanks for trying.
Just not sure why this wouldn't be able to be done over the phone in today's day and age. More than likely the CM you work with ON SITE is looking at the same computer system as everyone else. I just want to do it sooner than later to avoid the potential AP increase AND to just save myself some time on arrival.

Though the more I think about it, the more I think I may just hang onto my 5-day tickets (as they were purchased before tickets had expiration dates) and use them way in the future.

I am still trying to figure out this new ticket pricing. If I have a 3 day ticket from UT on hand and we are going in January will there be any problems?

I am still trying to figure out this new ticket pricing. If I have a 3 day ticket from UT on hand and we are going in January will there be any problems?
The upcoming changes have no effect on usage of tickets purchased prior to 10/16/2018.

Thanks for trying.
Just not sure why this wouldn't be able to be done over the phone in today's day and age. More than likely the CM you work with ON SITE is looking at the same computer system as everyone else. I just want to do it sooner than later to avoid the potential AP increase AND to just save myself some time on arrival.

Though the more I think about it, the more I think I may just hang onto my 5-day tickets (as they were purchased before tickets had expiration dates) and use them way in the future.

This is exactly what I would do if I had any leftover non expiring tickets. I do have MANY "pluses" left (from when the non expiring 10 day use to come with WP and minigolf) that I haven't used in quite some time but know they are there since I emailed the tickets to guest relations and they came back to me with how many pluses were on each.

I would just buy what you can/need now and use the 5 day tickets in the future for an unexpected quick trip or when you feel the need.
I would, though, make sure that the tickets are set up that they take your new set first and not use days on your old set.

I'm new to this too and just from all the posts and threads I have been reading, I believe this will be fine. We plan on purchasing tickets before October 16 from UT and also Platinum APs from DVC and Disney. I plan on the UT tickets being used in January and April.

This is exactly what I would do if I had any leftover non expiring tickets. I do have MANY "pluses" left (from when the non expiring 10 day use to come with WP and minigolf) that I haven't used in quite some time but know they are there since I emailed the tickets to guest relations and they came back to me with how many pluses were on each.

I would just buy what you can/need now and use the 5 day tickets in the future for an unexpected quick trip or when you feel the need.
I would, though, make sure that the tickets are set up that they take your new set first and not use days on your old set.
Right . good point .. I will need to make sure to get my AP to be the first in the list to be used. Wish there was a way you could order your own tickets. Would feel better.

Right . good point .. I will need to make sure to get my AP to be the first in the list to be used. Wish there was a way you could order your own tickets. Would feel better.

How do you mean?

I have a "fake" friend name listed on my MDE and I reassigned some 6 day PH to it. That way they aren't even linked to the profiles I normally use. It's easy to reassign tickets.

How do you mean?

I have a "fake" friend name listed on my MDE and I reassigned some 6 day PH to it. That way they aren't even linked to the profiles I normally use. It's easy to reassign tickets.
Sure .. that is what we call in the IT business a "workaround" .. making a fake account isn't an elegant solution ..like simply assigning a priority number to each of your tickets (or dragging/dropping them) so you know which will be used first.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been asked.
I have a brief stay booked the first week of December (onsite, tickets, DDP). Any information on whether or not I will be able to downgrade my tickets if the price is lower since it is low season?
Thank you.

I have an unusual question... We currently have a set of AP's for the family that I want to save for as long as possible and a set of 5 day base tickets purchased from visit Orlando...both sets are linked in MDE.

We have decided to upgrade/ bridge the 5 day set to AP's once we go on our next vacation they DO have expiration dates.

Will having two sets of AP's linked in MDE cause problems? Will Disney even allow this or should i make some "fake" MDE family members?

Hi...We are visiting in November and have Undercover Tourist ticket vouchers that we will need to have converted to RFID cards. We plan on eating at Grand Flo for lunch on our arrival day. Will we be able to do our ticket conversion at the resort concierge? Thanks.

Hi...We are visiting in November and have Undercover Tourist ticket vouchers that we will need to have converted to RFID cards. We plan on eating at Grand Flo for lunch on our arrival day. Will we be able to do our ticket conversion at the resort concierge? Thanks.
Should be fine.

If for some reason that doesn't work, just take a ride on the monorail and stop at MK (Guest Relations outside the gates) or TTC (ticket booths there) and get the cards.

Last edited:
I have an unusual question... We currently have a set of AP's for the family that I want to save for as long as possible and a set of 5 day base tickets purchased from visit Orlando...both sets are linked in MDE.

We have decided to upgrade/ bridge the 5 day set to AP's once we go on our next vacation they DO have expiration dates.

1. Will having two sets of AP's linked in MDE cause problems?
2. Will Disney even allow this or
3. should i make some "fake" MDE family members?

1. No, because the ones you will be HOLDING ONTO will only be "AP certificates" and not activated APs.
Non-activated AP certificates cannot be used to enter a park.
2. Sure.
3. You can, if you like, but see #1 above.

Apologies if this has been asked.
I have a brief stay booked the first week of December (onsite, tickets, DDP). Any information on whether or not I will be able to downgrade my tickets if the price is lower since it is low season?
Thank you.

Downgrades are specifically and expressly not allowed.
(But, it never hurts to "ask nicely.")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter