1. When upgrading I know that the price bridging "credit" you get applied to the new ticket is based on the WDW value of the ticket you purchased based on the "mint/create" date. (I think I said all of that correct). My question
2. is the "credit" the WDW "GATE" price or "ONLINE, pre-sale" price?

For our family trip in May we purchased 7 day base tickets from Undercover Tourist. Our purchase was made after the February price increase and after UT raised their prices to match. Knowing about the "mint/create" date issue when upgrading,
3. I questioned them (UT) about the mint/create date of the tickets that we were to purchase, and they responded that their tickets aren't "printed" until a purchase was made, so that date would be their "create" date.
Considering their reputation here and in general, I'm trusting that they are telling me the truth. The reason behind my question, is that my wife and I are running Dopey in January and are planning to upgrade to annual passes. I am just wanting to make sure I am correct on what the cost should be before I get to the upgrade counter. The WDW online price for the tickets we purchased (7 day base starting on May 18th), based on our purchase date (which as previously indicated should also be the mint date) is listed as $480.19 +tax. Current annual pass cost is $894 which would leave us with and upgrade cost of $413.81 + tax each. However if the "credit" is based off of the "gate price" of $500.19, then the upgrade cost would only be $393.81 + tax.
1. Correct.
2. ONLINE. (This is often also called the "pre-arrival price.")
3. I've recently seen that response.

It makes me uneasy, as it is contrary to how UT markets their tickets.
"We have a limited number of remaining "X-type" tickets to sell but when they're gone, they’re gone."
I'll be keeping an eye on this for awhile.

Regardless, use the on-line prices in your upgrade computations.

Last edited:
1. Correct.
2. ONLINE. (This is often also called the "pre-arrival price.")
3. I've recently seen that response.

It makes me uneasy, as it is contrary to how UT markets their tickets.
"We have a limited number of remaining "X-type" tickets to sell but when they're gone, their gone."
I'll be keeping an eye on this for awhile.

Regardless, use the on-line prices in your upgrade computations.

Thanks. I had seen "Gate price" refereed to a couple of times in the top posts and wasn't sure. Was hopeful, but not expecting. :)).

As for the UT prices. They had updated/raised their prices in response to the WDW price increase in February, so it wasn't a X number remaining issue. I'm honestly a little uneasy as well as it would be a $40 increase per ticket. :( It it turns out they lied or were deceptive, then I guess I'll take my business elsewhere next time.

I'm honestly a little uneasy as well as it would be a $40 increase per ticket. :( It it turns out they lied or were deceptive, then I guess I'll take my business elsewhere next time.

It's not so much being uneasy about them being deceptive...
What does make me wonder is if the person who is giving out this "our tickets aren't printed until they are ordered" info is actually properly informed about it.
When a guest calls "Disney" that guest stands a chance of encountering CMs who are not fully trained and who can be ill-informed about actual operating procedures.
Could it be that some responses from other entities are also less than fully informed?

Stay tuned.

It's not so much being uneasy about them being deceptive...
What does make me wonder is if the person who is giving out this "our tickets aren't printed until they are ordered" info is actually properly informed about it.
When a guest calls "Disney" that guest stands a chance of encountering CMs who are not fully trained and who can be ill-informed about actual operating procedures.
Could it be that some responses from other entities are also less than fully informed?

Stay tuned.

:)) Understood. If it makes any difference the tickets we got were actually e-tickets that we applied to our MDE account. We are planning to use last years bands / buy new ones when we get there.

I have a 2-part question:

1) I have been many times, and usually am a passholder. We have forgone it for the past couple of years to save money. We are going back around Labor day. I was going to purchase the Discover 3day Fl Res pass from WDW, but someone told me about purchasing from UndercoverTourist. I have always purchased my tickets directly from WDW in the past, even when it wasn't my AP tickets. When I see the "Discounted" tickets, I am usually leery of the discount thinking that they may not be valid tickets, or that I would encounter issues using them at the gate.

Is it possible to purchase these and then activate them on the app for advanced fastpasses prior to arriving? Or do you have to take them to the gate to exchange them?

2) My brother, who is in the Navy, will also be joining us later. He said that he is going to get his passes from on base. Anyone know if they are also given actual passes? I would like to link our accounts so we can make advanced fastpass reservations together. Or are they also given vouchers that have to be exchanged when we get to the gate?

1) I have been many times, and usually am a passholder. We have forgone it for the past couple of years to save money. We are going back around Labor day. I was going to purchase the Discover 3day Fl Res pass from WDW, but someone told me about purchasing from UndercoverTourist. I have always purchased my tickets directly from WDW in the past, even when it wasn't my AP tickets. When I see the "Discounted" tickets, I am usually leery of the discount thinking that they may not be valid tickets, or that I would encounter issues using them at the gate.

Is it possible to purchase these and then activate them on the app for advanced fastpasses prior to arriving? Or do you have to take them to the gate to exchange them?

2) My brother, who is in the Navy, will also be joining us later. He said that he is going to get his passes from on base. Anyone know if they are also given actual passes? I would like to link our accounts so we can make advanced fastpass reservations together. Or are they also given vouchers that have to be exchanged when we get to the gate?
1) There are many legitimate WDW authorized ticket discounters. When you order tix from them you can put those tix into your MDX and book FPs in advance.

2) Yes. You can do that.

Last edited:
So, military passes are active tickets that can be immediately entered into MDX, not necessarily vouchers?

1) There are many legitimate WDW authorized ticket disconters. When you order tix from them you can put them into MDX and book FPs in advance.

2) Yes. You can do that.

So, military passes are active tickets that can be immediately entered into MDX, not necessarily vouchers?

AFAIK, yes.
However, even if they WERE certificates ("vouchers") their numbers can be put into MDX and FPs booked in advance.

If he gets his tickets from the ITT office at his local base he will receive vouchers that he will have to activate before entering a park but these vouchers can be entered in MDX so FPs can be made in advance. If he orders his tickets from Shades of Green(military hotel at Disney) and pays the $10 shipping he will be sent active tickets. Either way works fine - the vouchers just have to be activated before entering a park.

I think I made a slight mistake. Can someone please give me some advise? My daughter and I have AP's so it has been a long time since I have purchased a package.
When free dining came out for Sept I went ahead and purchased one ( for just the 2 of us ) so that we could stay on site and have a few meals. My thoughts were that the tickets could be given to her husband and daughter ( who will be turning 3 at the end of the year ) so that they could use them to upgrade to AP's later on.
Well when I pull up My Disney Experience it says that the tickets are only good till the end of our stay and it doesn't give me the option to re-assign them.
Can I purchase an upgrade to extend them?
Can the ticket be reassigned?

Thank You

I think I made a slight mistake. Can someone please give me some advise? My daughter and I have AP's so it has been a long time since I have purchased a package.
When free dining came out for Sept I went ahead and purchased one ( for just the 2 of us ) so that we could stay on site and have a few meals. My thoughts were that the tickets could be given to her husband and daughter ( who will be turning 3 at the end of the year ) so that they could use them to upgrade to AP's later on.
Well when I pull up My Disney Experience it says that the tickets are only good till the end of our stay and it doesn't give me the option to re-assign them.

Thank You

Your tickets can be reassigned, as-is.
But you can't do so until you have arrived at WDW.
You can't transfer the tickets until your check-in date.

Thank You

If they are not going with you on the trip, you would have to upgrade the tickets to flexible date options because tickets are date specific now. I am not sure if you could get them reassigned after arrival, but it's unlikely they would allow you to do it before arrival, since your package required a ticket purchase.

The Discovery FL Res passes are only valid until June, so they will not work for a Labor Day trip. You'll want a regular FL resident 3-day ticket. Disney's website pushes the Discovery tickets and makes it hard to find the regular FL tickets. You have to click on the 1-day ticket section and then pick the 3-day option. For my August dates, UT and AAA are about $5 cheaper than direct purchase from Disney for non-hoppers. Hoppers are $12-15 cheaper at UT and AAA.

I have 4 adult/1 child unused 6 day MYW passes with park hopping. The type that expires 14 days after first use. Purchased around early 2012 via undercovertourist. I can not for the life of me find my receipt of how much I paid. Does anyone know where to find this? I am likely to sell them to some family members and have no desire to squeeze them. Is there some place where people find this or post passes for sale since I also want to make sure I can show them they are actually saving a lot of money, especially, since they plan to go during Christmas this year.

I have 4 adult/1 child unused 6 day MYW passes with park hopping. The type that expires 14 days after first use. Purchased around early 2012 via undercovertourist. I can not for the life of me find my receipt of how much I paid. Does anyone know where to find this? I am likely to sell them to some family members and have no desire to squeeze them. Is there some place where people find this or post passes for sale since I also want to make sure I can show them they are actually saving a lot of money, especially, since they plan to go during Christmas this year.

You could try searching in your email for a receipt or go on the Undercover tourist website. I found my past purchases there when I was looking to see how much I paid.
That is a very nice discount for you to pass on to your family. :)

Go to the site link below.
Find the kind of tickets you have, then take about 15-20% off.

That would likely seem quite fair for a price.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160715112900/http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm

That is a very nice discount for you to pass on to your family. :)

actually, we have only been 1 day since 2014 (first and last FP+ experience - hated it) and even that day was on a 10 day PH no expiration bought even earlier than 2012 - they have 7 days left still - and so I had no idea how much passed have gone up, especially around Christmas.

hmmm...love my family members but might need to re-consider. also, being a canuck and all, they would have been bought when the dollar was pretty close to 1:1 and so with current fx, they are worth about CAD$2000 more than we paid. I guess I understand why they stopped the no expiration tickets...

Many thanks and I am trying to dig around for the receipt and email used for UT purchase. they are still in the little plastic things they used to mail them in... and in our safety deposit boxes along with some really old PH+ passes with crap loads of flex features...

actually, we have only been 1 day since 2014 (first and last FP+ experience - hated it) and even that day was on a 10 day PH no expiration bought even earlier than 2012 - they have 7 days left still - and so I had no idea how much passed have gone up, especially around Christmas.

hmmm...love my family members but might need to re-consider. also, being a canuck and all, they would have been bought when the dollar was pretty close to 1:1 and so with current fx, they are worth about CAD$2000 more than we paid. I guess I understand why they stopped the no expiration tickets...

Many thanks and I am trying to dig around for the receipt and email used for UT purchase. they are still in the little plastic things they used to mail them in... and in our safety deposit boxes along with some really old PH+ passes with crap loads of flex features...

I understand. I have some of those old tickets tucked away too. Those no expiration ones are great to use if and or when you do go back for a day or two. My husband I buy AP's but I also have some of the older MYW tickets that I bought from UT and use them when our kids go with us. I don't blame you if you have second thoughts on selling them for what you paid. You might change your mind and be happy you hung onto them for yourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter