1. It should.
2. If you're before 30 days out, that sounds right.
3. Well, this is a FASTPASS question, and you are posting on a TICKETS thread. :o
1. Okay, Fingers crossed.
2. Thank you!
3. Lol it sorta fits because its a question of whether or not the ticket start date will be recognizable by the MDE.... ?! ;)

Thank you as always for your help!!!!

I posted this on the Canadian page as well, but just in case, I will add it here.

Hi. I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist. They are already linked to my MDE account. I paid $416 per ticket (plus taxes, fees) for
1. buy four days get five. One park per day.
2. Now, with the Canadian offer, I can get 7 days for $377 per ticket.
3. Do i have any options here to add days?
4. I don't imagine I would be eligible for any type of refund, since I bought through someone other than Disney,
5. but it would sure be nice to be able to add a couple of days.

ETA: I am staying at Pop Starting on Friday, December 6.
6. Original ticket was to start on the 7th.
7. If it's possible, I would like to add 2 days for before, and would be staying offsite.

Thank you for any information!
1. That is a standard 5-day Base ticket.
2. Sounds like a bargain.
3. To the Undercover Tourist ticket? You can add up to 5 additional days to the UT ticket.
To the "Canadian" ticket? I don't know. (Doubtful.)
4. Correct.
5. You can add up to 5 additional days to the Undercover Tourist ticket.
6. Do you consider the UT ticket to be the "original" ticket?
7. AFAIK, you can, but it might be rather expensive.
Have you tried upgrading your UT ticket from your MDX account?

I am still uncertain about what you are asking.
To which ticket do you want to add days?

1. That is a standard 5-day Base ticket.
2. Sounds like a bargain.
3. To the Undercover Tourist ticket? You can add up to 5 additional days to the UT ticket.
To the "Canadian" ticket? I don't know. (Doubtful.)
4. Correct.
5. You can add up to 5 additional days to the Undercover Tourist ticket.
6. Do you consider the UT ticket to be the "original" ticket?
7. AFAIK, you can, but it might be rather expensive.
Have you tried upgrading your UT ticket from your MDX account?

I am still uncertain about what you are asking.
To which ticket do you want to add days?
I only have one thicket which I bought from UT. I would like to add days before it’s scheduled activation date and the price using the Canadian offer is still lower than what i paid.

Thanks for the help!

Question regarding AP renewal.
I am intending to renew as Platinum (currently have FL Res Gold) and was curious to know, especially since I have a trip planned for 12/30-1/1. Would the Gold pass bump up to the platinum pass once I exchange the voucher or do I need to purchase Park tickets for the day(s) I am blocked out? For that matter I have a trip planned on the 6 and 7 of December, and will likely exchange the voucher then.
PS my current pass expires in January.

Last edited:

My friend who lives in FL just bought a FL resident one day hopper for October 18, and when I tried to put it in MDE for her, I cannot. She does not have her own MDE. Can she not make FPs ahead of time?

wasn't sure where to ask this question

I upgraded my park tickets in 2018 to AP; first day I entered the park was Friday, Dec 7, 2018, I assumed that my expiry date would be Saturday, Dec 7, 2019.

Today was my FP+ booking date for my last trip. It allowed me to book FP+ for Sunday, December 8 which I found weird. So I checked my expiry date on my APs on MDE, it says December 8, 2019. Does this mean my APs are good for Dec 8, 2019? Originally planned on going to MVMCP that night (haven't bought tickets yet, so this is not the reason able to book FP+ for Dec 8), so if APs are still good would go to a different park in the AM. Just debating on changing FP+ for Dec 8 to a different park but don't want to loose out cause I'm 100% sure that start day of AP was Dec 7, 2018 so am surprised that AP stats active until Dec 8, 2019 (expiry date as listed on MDE).

My friend who lives in FL just bought a FL resident one day hopper for October 18, and when I tried to put it in MDE for her, I cannot. She does not have her own MDE. Can she not make FPs ahead of time?
Open a new MDX account in HER name with her address.
You or she can then book her FP+ in advance.
If you will be traveling together... link her new MDX account (as a "friend") to your MDX account, and you can book her FP+ along with yours.

wasn't sure where to ask this question

I upgraded my park tickets in 2018 to AP; first day I entered the park was Friday, Dec 7, 2018,
1. I ***umed that my expiry date would be Saturday, Dec 7, 2019.
Today was my FP+ booking date for my last trip.
2. It allowed me to book FP+ for Sunday, December 8 which I found weird.
3. So I checked my expiry date on my APs on MDE, it says December 8, 2019.
4. Does this mean my APs are good for Dec 8, 2019? Originally planned on going to MVMCP that night (haven't bought tickets yet, so this is not the reason able to book FP+ for Dec 8),
5. so if APs are still good would go to a different park in the AM. Just debating on changing FP+ for Dec 8 to a different park but don't want to loose out
6. cause I'm 100% sure that start day of AP was Dec 7, 2018 so am surprised that AP stats active until Dec 8, 2019 (expiry date as listed on MDE).
1. That is correct.
2. It could very well be a glitch. (MDX is just chock FULL of glitches!)
On the other hand...
3. It is POSSIBLE that the date got changed (by Disney) to Dec. 8.
4. If it is NOT a glitch, then yes.
5. Yes.
6. If you can give it a day or two before you change your booked FPs for Dec. 8,
maybe you should. If it's a glitch, it may right itself in a short while.

Last edited:
I am intending to renew as Platinum (currently have FL Res Gold) and was curious to know, especially since I have a trip planned for 12/30-1/1.
1. Would the Gold p*** bump up to the platinum p*** once I exchange the voucher or
2. do I need to purchase Park tickets for the day(s) I am blocked out?
For that matter I have a trip planned on the 6 and 7 of December, and will likely exchange the voucher then.
PS my current p*** expires in November.
EDITORIAL COMMENT: What is it with the filter editing out "***", all of a sudden?

Back to your questions:
1. The lower level AP would not allow entry at the park gate.
(Your "renewed AP" can be issued at any "level" you choose, and still get the "renewal
price" for that level of AP at the time.)
2. If your new AP will not allow entry, then yes.

I really am not following the question.

Last edited:
EDITORIAL COMMENT: What is it with the filter editing out "***", all of a sudden?

Back to your questions:
1. The lower level AP would not allow entry at the park gate.
(Your "renewed AP" can be issued at any "level" you choose, and still get the "renewal
price" for that level of AP at the time.)
2. If your new AP will not allow entry, then yes.

I really am not following the question.
I’ve updated the question.

1. I am intending to renew as Platinum (currently have FL Res Gold) and was curious to know, especially since I have a trip planned for 12/30-1/1.
2. Would the Gold p*** bump up to the platinum p*** once I exchange the voucher
3. or do I need to purchase Park tickets for the day(s) I am blocked out?
4. For that matter I have a trip planned on the 6 and 7 of December, and will likely exchange the voucher then.
5. PS my current p*** expires in January.
1. If you do that, you will have a FL Resident Platinum AP that STARTS in Jan. 2020.
It will not be usable before the Anniversary Date of your current AP.
(Until that date, your current AP will remain your only usable AP.)
2. Nope.
3. Yes.
4. You would not be able to get the new AP ("AP Card") until it becomes active at the Anniversary Date of your current AP.
5. When asking specific questions about dated tickets (APs have always been dated,)
please include the exact dates. (It helps me follow the timeline.)

EDIT:
It might (MIGHT) be possible to wait and renew your current AP by using the value of your tickets
for your 12/30-1/1 trip as partial payment. That way, you could save some money.
Again, that is only a POSSIBILITY... but it is worth pursuing.
(When does your current AP expire?)

Last edited:
So when Sam's had the discounted tickets I made 3 purchases (total 6 tickets). I linked the tickets to my MDE account, then reassigned several tickets to various family members. (not making a note that each ticket was linked to a specific purchase order number).

So far, two tickets have been redeemed at the ticket window for APs but it was an ordeal matching up the correct purchase order number to the correct ticket. I thought that once I reassigned tickets to individual MDE accounts that they would only need to provide ID, but they also needed to provide the correct PO number.

I forget which purchase order numbers match which vouchers. Should I try to straighten this out by phoning Disney now? Or should I just provide all of the purchase order numbers to family members when subsequent vouchers get redeemed at the ticket booth?

Let's go WAY BACK to your initial desire to upgrade your current ticket to an AP.

Have you actually tried to do this upgrade from INSIDE your own MyDisneyExperience account.
Have you looked at any of the upgrading options that should be available to you in MDX?

What is the price listed there for upgrading your current older ticket to AP?
One thought... you are not trying to "bridge to gate" so leave that out of the conversation. "Gate" is what they charge, today, if you walk up without a ticket. Your ticket will not have that value.

I suggest a simple request of "how much to upgrade this ticket to X?" (I think you want an AP but I didn't go back that far). And know the difference between the current price of the new ticket you want and the $435.59 value of the old ticket. Then if they quote something more, say "oh, that's not what I expected" and walk away. Then try again later with another CM.

While I suspect there are still quite a few older tickets in people's pockets (houses, safe deposit boxes, wherever), as time marches forward there are fewer and fewer of them turned in for upgrade on any kind of regular basis, making this a more unusual transaction. It will likely just get harder to find a CM well-versed in upgrading such old tickets in the future.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thought I would update to the eventual end experience on my old tickets...

I ended up going to DS in hopes that I might get a different answer in a new spot - ultimately I did not. I explained the background to the CM that I bought the pass from an authorized reseller and the price other CMs showed as price sold to broker and not what I paid. The CM agreed that the price paid didn't matter, and said the first thing she needed to do was convert my old tyvek passes to current media in order to see the value the passes carried for the upgrade. After she converted the passes, she said the passes had a $345 upgrade value - not the $435 referenced here. I said that I was expecting more based on what I had read and asked for a supervisor. The CM said I could talk to a supervisor, but it wouldn't change anything because the system was controlling the upgrade value. She mentioned that the system changed within the last month or two - where they used to have a 2 or 3 step process of looking up a value to upgrade - the system now does that step for them. So there was nothing different a supervisor could/would do. With this being my 4th CM attempt, I gave up and said to do the upgrade. Ultimately I didn't even get the $345 the CM mentioned. I think a new FL Gold Pass is $699, and I paid $399 (plus tax).

Could it be that there is still some other path to get the $435 upgrade value? Maybe. I'm just sharing my experience, along with the comment that the system just changed within the past couple months, that might point to the upgrade story being different from post 6 (or whatever number it is).

I do have 2 other old tickets that were converted to new media that I can add to my MDX and see what those tickets show as a value towards renewing my AP. I have a feeling it's going to be the same answer though.

So when Sam's had the discounted tickets I made 3 purchases (total 6 tickets). I linked the tickets to my MDE account, then reassigned several tickets to various family members. (not making a note that each ticket was linked to a specific purchase order number).

So far, two tickets have been redeemed at the ticket window for APs but it was an ordeal matching up the correct purchase order number to the correct ticket. I thought that once I reassigned tickets to individual MDE accounts that they would only need to provide ID, but they also needed to provide the correct PO number.

I forget which purchase order numbers match which vouchers.
1. Should I try to straighten this out by phoning Disney now?
2. Or should I just provide all of the purchase order numbers to family members when subsequent vouchers get redeemed at the ticket booth?
If you have the time, i would try the #1 option.
Better to spend the time fixing things from home over wasting “Disney time” messing with ticketing issues.

If you have the time, i would try the #1 option.
Better to spend the time fixing things from home over wasting “Disney time” messing with ticketing issues.
Yeah, was trying to avoid calling Disney. I tried looking at the original emails from Sam's but there is no ticket information listed. Just that I bought X tickets and a purchase order number. So I guess I will have to call Disney to match up the ticket numbers to the PO numbers.

Update: took only a few minutes for Disney to tell me which tickets linked to which purchase orders.

Last edited:
Thought I would update to the eventual end experience on my old tickets...

I ended up going to DS in hopes that I might get a different answer in a new spot - ultimately I did not. I explained the background to the CM that I bought the pass from an authorized reseller and the price other CMs showed as price sold to broker and not what I paid. The CM agreed that the price paid didn't matter, and
1. said the first thing she needed to do was convert my old tyvek passes to current media in order to see the value the passes carried for the upgrade.
2. After she converted the passes, she said the passes had a $345 upgrade value - not the $435 referenced here. I said that I was expecting more based on what I had read and
3. asked for a supervisor.
4. The CM said I could talk to a supervisor, but it wouldn't change anything because the system was controlling the upgrade value.
5. She mentioned that the system changed within the last month or two - where they used to have a 2 or 3 step process of looking up a value to upgrade - the system now does that step for them.
6. So there was nothing different a supervisor could/would do.
7. With this being my 4th CM attempt, I gave up and said to do the upgrade.
8. Ultimately I didn't even get the $345 the CM mentioned. I think a new FL Gold Pass is $699, and I paid $399 (plus tax).

9. Could it be that there is still some other path to get the $435 upgrade value? Maybe.
I'm just sharing my experience,
10. along with the comment that the system just changed within the past couple months, that might point to the upgrade story being different from post 6 (or whatever number it is).

11. I do have 2 other old tickets that were converted to new media that I can add to my MDX and see what those tickets show as a value towards renewing my AP. I have a feeling it's going to be the same answer though.
So sorry you were caught up in this mess!

1. Hmmmm. Doesn't smell right to me.
2. OK. Doesn't smell right to me.
3. Yup. Good.
4. Anytime you hear THAT one (no matter where you are,) be suspicious.
"Oh, I know the manager personally, and (s)he'll back me on this one. THIS is the way we do it."
5. Well. Doesn't smell right to me.
6. There is ALWAYS something a supervisor "can" do. No telling if (s)he WILL do anything, of course.
7. I can understand that. Law of diminishing returns.
8, And see, THAT really doesn't smell right!
9. Yes.
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5) Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
And, very carefully explain the situation.

10. While that's possible (ANYTHING is "possible,") seems highly unlikley that they would make that change at a time when no new ticketing prices have been posted.
(Doesn't pass the "smell test.")
11. I'm concerned that the "conversion" MIGHT have convoluted/distorted the original ticket value.
Anyway, DO check their MDX "value."

Last edited:
Hi! I won (20) 1 day park hopper tickets. Yay! 5 of us are going to Disney in November. I assigned each person 4 tickets in my Disney experience. One person going can’t go anymore. Can I just remove her tickets and use them at a later date? I believe they expire late 2020. Tjanks

Hi! I won (20) 1 day park hopper tickets. Yay! 5 of us are going to Disney in November. I assigned each person 4 tickets in my Disney experience. One person going can’t go anymore. Can I just remove her tickets and use them at a later date?
Yes.
Actually, if that person is not going... those tickets will just "sit there" unused, anyway.
No real need to "do anything" until such time as you know who will be using those tickets.
At that time, you can transfer the tickets to that other person.

Yes.
Actually, if that person is not going... those tickets will just "sit there" unused, anyway.
No real need to "do anything" until such time as you know who will be using those tickets.
At that time, you can transfer the tickets to that other person.
Thanks! That is what I was hoping for!

AP Renewal Question!

I have the Platinum AP, am within my 60 day renewal window, and will be traveling in on Friday. I have a 4-Day park hopper that went unused this summer during a family vacation that is attached to my name. I thought that it would use the ticket as I scanned in each day and was surprised to see I still have the ticket until sometime in January when it expires. I want to use this ticket toward my renewal, which I understand has to be done at a ticket window / GR location. Is the value on the ticket the current 4-Day price, or would it be the price the ticket was when we booked the package? We had booked in before the prices changed, so I'm assuming that will be the value of the ticket.

I'm trying to do my math so I know what to expect, but I don't know whether or not the current prices apply, or if I should look at the prices before the change. Does anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter