1. Up to 10 days at a Theme Park, and additional visits to the "Plus" parks (ala Water Parks, etc.)
2. That is not a requirement at all.
3. That'll work, if that's what you want to do.
BUT, there is no need to do the parks in that order.
You COULD visit the "Major" Parks (Theme Parks) all first...
and then use any of the "Water" Parks (etc.) on your remaining days.
The order you visit does not matter at all.
Thanks! Was actually planning to do water parks on the first day and somewhere in the middle so this is perfect.

Well, sorta.
But, what will actually happen is that you'd simply have to pay the difference between what you paid for the special "4-park ticket" and the full price of the ticket that you want.
Zero "savings" over just buying the ticket that you actually want from the beginning.
I thought that might be the case. Thanks!

If an infant turns three years old during a trip,
or a child turns ten years old during a trip,
the infant/child is still considered to be in the younger category for the length of the trip.
This applies whether the family is staying on or off property.
It does not apply to local residents who commute (unless they are staying on property.)

There is no need to carry a birth certificate to try to prove a child's age.
Disney does not ask for "proof" of a child's age.
Disney just asks that a parent be honest about a child's age.
No changes to ticket policies since this was posted? We have a child who will turn 10 on our last park day. Sounds like he'll qualify as a child for our entire (off-site) stay?

It looks like we'll be doing 4 parks days plus 1 day at Typhoon Lagoon for our upcoming trip. On only 1 day are we planning to park hop. It looks like it's cheaper for us to purchase 5 tickets as opposed to 4-day park hopper? Or can we add park hopper for 1-day only? Any advice or anything I'm missing here?

(I apologize for the fact that I'm sure this has been covered before, but my search results weren't matching exactly what I needed to know and this is a dense thread).

It looks like we'll be doing 4 parks days plus 1 day at Typhoon Lagoon for our upcoming trip. On only 1 day are we planning to park hop. It looks like it's cheaper for us to purchase 5 tickets as opposed to 4-day park hopper? Or can we add park hopper for 1-day only? Any advice or anything I'm missing here?

(I apologize for the fact that I'm sure this has been covered before, but my search results weren't matching exactly what I needed to know and this is a dense thread).

Can't add park hopper for 1-day only; you'll be charged the entire amount, regardless of when you upgrade.
4-day one-park ticket + 1 water park ticket might be cheaper than 4 park hoppers

[QUOTE="TulipMom, post: 61399841 We have a child who will turn 10 on our last park day. Sounds like he'll qualify as a child for our entire (off-site) stay?
[/QUOTE]
Correct.

On only 1 day are we planning to park hop. It looks like it's cheaper for us to purchase 5 tickets as opposed to 4-day park hopper?
You cannot use an “extra” day of a multi-day ticket to hop. I suggest re-arrangimg your plans so you don’t hop at all if you want to avoid the hopper upcharge.

Enjoy your vacation!

Can you add a day to the 4 day magic ticket?
I bought the 4 day magic ticket just because I was unsure if I would have enough time for a park on my arrival day, if I get there and decide that I want a 5 day base ticket (added day) do I just pay the difference between the 4 day magic price and the 5 day base price ?

1. Can you add a day to the 4 day magic ticket?
I bought the 4 day magic ticket just because I was unsure if I would have enough time for a park on my arrival day,
2. if I get there and decide that I want a 5 day base ticket (added day) do I just pay the difference between the 4 day magic price and the 5 day base price ?
1. Well, sorta.
2. Yes. You'd pay the difference between what you paid for the special "4-park magic ticket" and the full price of a 5-day base ticket.

We just got back from a 10 day trip a couple months ago and are planning our next trip and we decided Thanksgiving 2021. My question is when will tickets be ok to buy so that they will be good till the end of 2021? if i can buy a couple here and there it would make it easier

We just got back from a 10 day trip a couple months ago and are planning our next trip and we decided Thanksgiving 2021. My question is when will tickets be ok to buy so that they will be good till the end of 2021? if i can buy a couple here and there it would make it easier
With the new "dated" tickets, you should not purchase until you know the specific dates of your trip AND those dates become available from Disney.

(It's not enough that the tickets will be "good until the end of 2021."
You need to know the exact dates of your trip in order to buy the most cost-effective tickets.)

Right now, the last ticket dates available are through the end of 2020.

Last edited:
With the new "dated" tickets, you should not purchase until you know the specific dates of your trip AND those dates become available from Disney.

(It's not enough that the tickets will be "good until the end of 2021."
You need to know the exact dates of your trip in order to buy the most cost-effective tickets.)

Right now, the last ticket dates available are through the end of 2020.

Thank you , i forgot about the dated tickets.

DH & I have 2 day park tickets starting tomorrow. I am vey sick & am not able to go. I do not think we will be able to use the tickets this year. What are our options? Since they will be unused can we transfer them to someone else? Could that be as late as 2021?

DH & I have 2 day park tickets starting tomorrow. I am vey sick & am not able to go. I do not think we will be able to use the tickets this year. What are our options?
1. Since they will be unused can we transfer them to someone else?
2. Could that be as late as 2021?
Sorry to hear of your illness. Get better soon!
1. Yes.
2. Well, I assume that your tickets are "dated" starting tomorrow.
Since that means they will not be valid, as-is, after your pre-stated trip dates, you (or whomever you transfer them to) would have to pay extra (likely) to change the dates of use.
If your tickets fully expire without ever being used, you can still use their original value towards buying new tickets at such time in the future that you will be at WDW.

Sorry to hear of your illness. Get better soon!
1. Yes.
2. Well, I assume that your tickets are "dated" starting tomorrow.
Since that means they will not be valid, as-is, after your pre-stated trip dates, you (or whomever you transfer them to) would have to pay extra (likely) to change the dates of use.
If your tickets fully expire without ever being used, you can still use their original value towards buying new tickets at such time in the future that you will be at WDW.
Thank you.

Does anyone know if we can upgrade 2-days flexible dates tickets to an AP by calling Disney?
I made the mistake of adding the flexible date option before we knew our specific dates and now it sounds like a real waste of money... I know if I let them expire I can use that money to use for an AP, but I would like to get one before the next price increase!

A relative is staying offsite next weekend. Trip is very last minute, they just bought tickets online.

It occurred to me, I have no idea if it’s possible to get into the parks without a physical ticket (or magic band). Google has not been helpful. Do they need to head to guest relations before their first park entrance?

A relative is staying offsite next weekend. Trip is very last minute, they just bought tickets online.

It occurred to me, I have no idea if it’s possible to get into the parks without a physical ticket (or magic band). Google has not been helpful. Do they need to head to guest relations before their first park entrance?

If they have magic bands (or plan to buy them before visiting the parks) they can just link everything in MDE and use their magic bands to get into the parks.

Otherwise, they can stop at guest relations right outside the park gate and get a "hard" ticket, which they can use for park entry and fastpasses.

Just take Photo ID and the email with the ticket info directly to the psrk gates.
They will supply a plastic ticket for entry and FP use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter