I think I have this right but just need some confirmation. I have 4 x 1 day park hopper passes and 4 single date passes. There are 4 of us going. I would either like 4 x 4 day hopper passes or keep the 4 x 1 day hopper passes and turn the single day passes to a 3 day pass. Am I right that I cannot combine so that I can make everything into the 4 x 4 day park hopper passes? My best option is to upgrade the single day passes into a 3 day pass? Am I over looking anything? We want to go to the parks 4 days out of the week.

I think I have this right but just need some confirmation.
I have
A. 4 x 1 day park hopper passes and
B. 4 single date passes. There are 4 of us going.
C. I would either like 4 x 4 day hopper passes or
D. keep the 4 x 1 day hopper passes and turn the single day passes to a 3 day pass.
E.. Am I right that I cannot combine so that I can make everything into the 4 x 4 day park hopper passes?
F. My best option is to upgrade the single day passes into a 3 day pass? Am I over looking anything? We want to go to the parks 4 days out of the week.
You have NOW-
A. Four: 1-Day Hopper Tickets
B. Four: 1-Day Base Tickets

You WANT-
C. Four: 4-Day Hopper Tickets

D. It is seldom a good plan to USE more than one ticket during a 4-day (or longer) trip.

E. Right. You cannot combine tickets.

F. Better value would be to upgrade your A. Four: 1-Day Hopper Tickets into C. Four: 4-Day Hopper Tickets.
Then, hold onto the B. Four: 1-Day Base Tickets and use their value to help buy new tickets for a future trip(s).

But, since I don't know your actual needs for this trip and possible future trips, you need to do the math for alternate choices.

Hello all, if this has been addressed, please point me in the right direction.

We purchased AP's in December 2018. We renewed in December of 2019 but only have the "voucher" on our accounts.

Can I exchange the voucher on my next visit and pay the difference to a "new" annual pass so that I have a new expiration date?

We purchased AP's in December 2018. We renewed in December of 2019 but only have the "voucher" on our accounts.
Did you officially “renew” (discounted renewal rate)? Or simply buy new vouchers? A renewal continues the prior AP and extends the expiration date by exactly 12months. A voucher cost regular rate at the time purchased and won’t start until activated, and currently an unused voucher can be activated anytime through 2030 with no need to upgrade to current pricing.

Current APs will be automatically extended by the number of days the parks sre closed. No need to extend a voucher since time wasn’t lost.

Enjoy your vacation!

Did you officially “renew” (discounted renewal rate)? Or simply buy new vouchers? A renewal continues the prior AP and extends the expiration date by exactly 12months. A voucher cost regular rate at the time purchased and won’t start until activated, and currently an unused voucher can be activated anytime through 2030 with no need to upgrade to current pricing.

Current APs will be automatically extended by the number of days the parks sre closed. No need to extend a voucher since time wasn’t lost.

Enjoy your vacation!

I renewed in December 2019 as I posted. My question is can i either cancel that voucher and get a refund or pay the difference between the renewal to buy a "new" voucher. My renewal voucher has not been used. I just won't get the value out of it even if they extend the days since the renewal month is December. For instance, if they extend my December AP until February, my expiration month is still December and so the extension really isn't useful at all. But, If my new expiration month is February or whatever length of time they extend then it would be fine.

Enjoy your vacation!
So even though we became AP holders in December auarynd we renewed in December but won't officially use our renewal until the parks open then our new renewal will be the month we first use it? My daughter renewed in December also and she went on vacation and activated her voucher and her expiration is still December (at the moment) Should her expiration be January or December?

So even though we became AP holders in December auarynd we renewed in December but won't officially use our renewal until the parks open then our new renewal will be the month we first use it?
That's why I asked if it was an actual "renewal" or simply a new AP voucher. A "renewal" with the renewal discount simply continues the prior AP, extending the expiration date out exactly one year regardless of when you use it after renewing. A new AP voucher at full price won't activate until you use it the first time and is good for 12 months from that date (366 days I believe).

My daughter renewed in December also and she went on vacation and activated her voucher and her expiration is still December (at the moment) Should her expiration be January or December?
WDW has stated they will extend APs by the number of days the parks are closed. Since the parks have not yet re-opened, this extension has not yet occurred. At the moment, her AP expires in Dec 2020, but once the parks re-open and WDW updates the APs for the closure, her expiration should be at least Jan/Feb. 2021 (depending on exact expiration date and length of closure).

I have a 7 day PH as part of a package and a 1 day 1 park ticket bought before COVID brought everything to a halt.

If I want to be in the parks for 8 days, is there a way to know which ticket on my MDE will be used first?

I have a 7 day PH as part of a package and a 1 day 1 park ticket bought before COVID brought everything to a halt.

If I want to be in the parks for 8 days, is there a way to know which ticket on my MDE will be used first?
One way is if your old ticket and your new ticket are both DATE-BASED tickets, only the ticket that is good on your trip dates will actually "work."

Otherwise, BEFORE you go to the first park on your trip, stop by any Guest Relations and have the tickets "prioritized" so that the tickets will be used in the order that you want to use them.

Does anyone know if Disney stopped selling individual tickets, outside of a package? I was trying to figure out if I had hit a glitch.

WDW stopped selling tickets with a start date in April or May 2020. You should still be able to buy tickets starting in June through December 2020.

Thanks, might be a glitch then because I couldn’t pull up July or August on my phone. I’m sure calling would work. One member of our party never purchased a ticket so was checking.

I have a 10 day flexible (no start date but has to be used by 12/31/21) park ticket that was purchased for my husband. We have a trip planned in June and if that does happen, if he only uses 5 days out of that 10 day flexible park ticket, does he lose the value on the rest of the days? Or can he use the remaining five days of that ticket on another trip? Can you split it up?

I have a 10 day flexible (no start date but has to be used by 12/31/21) park ticket that was purchased for my husband. We have a trip planned in June and if that does happen, if he only uses 5 days out of that 10 day flexible park ticket, does he lose the value on the rest of the days? Or can he use the remaining five days of that ticket on another trip? Can you split it up?
Generally speaking, no, it cannot be split. All entitlements expire 14 days after first use. I don't know if WDW will allow any leniency in light of the current closures and rebookings, you could call to ask. Since the 10-day flex ticket is good until Dec. 2021, I would probably get a shorter 5-day ticket if you go in June and that's all he needs, and save the 10-day flex for another time.

I am looking for advice on a potential AP purchase (would be my first).

I am currently considering changing my planned yearly August trip this year to December. I would plan to also return in Aug 2021. Both trips will have 10 park days. For this reason, I would like to take advantage of an AP. What I am not clear on is can I purchase an AP to activate on my December trip but still leverage it for discounts on things like MVMCP tix and tours? Part two of my question, is there any advantage or disadvantage to booking the December trip as a package and then upgrading to an AP when we arrive? Again keeping in mind wanting to leverage the discounts for both trips.

I am looking for advice on a potential AP purchase (would be my first).

I am currently considering changing my planned yearly August trip this year to December. I would plan to also return in Aug 2021. Both trips will have 10 park days.
1. For this reason, I would like to take advantage of an AP. What I am not clear on is
2. can I purchase an AP to activate on my December trip but still leverage it for discounts on things like MVMCP tix and tours? Part two of my question,
3. is there any advantage or disadvantage to booking the December trip as a package and then upgrading to an AP when we arrive? Again keeping in mind wanting to leverage the discounts for both trips.
1. Great plan.
2. Yes.
3. Buying a package would allow you to cancel your trip (for some unforeseen reason) and get a full refund on your tickets. I'm not sure, but it might be possible to buy a package with the APs as your "package tickets."

1. Great plan.
2. Yes.
3. Buying a package would allow you to cancel your trip (for some unforeseen reason) and get a full refund on your tickets. I'm not sure, but it might be possible to buy a package with the APs as your "package tickets."

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Your last point is a good one. My initial thinking is buy the APs in July (when I would be making the final decision on cancelling August) and then purchase MVMCP tickets and book the tours I want with the discount. However, if we get to July and still no sign of parks opening, then I'm risking buying an AP that I may not even be able to use in December. Do you know if I am able to purchase party tickets, for example, at regular price and then get an AP discount applied after the fact? Of course none of that matters if I actually could have APs as the package tickets. I'm not sure that is possible either, but it's worth the call in to ask.

You can't book a full "package" with AP tickets. You can upgrade the package tickets to AP after arrival. You can use an AP discount for the room, and show the AP within 24 hours of arrival. You may be able to request a refund (on gift card) for the party ticket and tour discounts.

Another option if you are willing to put out the AP ticket funds now, you could book a "ticketless package" which is room+dining, and buy the AP separately. That AP voucher will carry-forward until activated, regardless of whether you go in August, December, 2021 or later; AP vouchers currently show expiration as 2030, no additional cost to activate. I believe you can book discounts with the AP voucher.

Enjoy your vacations!

Hi all! Has Disney refunded 1 day tickets? Some friends bought 1 day tickets for March, and the tickets can now be used until December 15th. However, they won't be going to Disney until next year. I know they can use the tickets towards buying new tickets, but they'd rather just get the refund if that's possible. Any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter