• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are looking to rent for a month in December near WDW. But I want to be sure I'm not missing anything about tickets.
1. The most days we can buy at a time is a 7 day ticket, correct?
2. Are there strategies people are using when they have a long trip booked?
1. Yes.
2. Some may buy more than one multi-day WDW ticket ($$.)
So, you COULD buy two (or more) 7-day tickets ($$.)

And/or some may also buy tickets to other Orlando attractions.

So, my daughter and I currently have Gold AP's and will be renewing them since we already had them and are able to. My fiancé is wanting to buy one. They aren't allowing that right now are they? I am frustrated because we really want to get him a pass as we both have one, some household, and we go often. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Hoping someone can help me here. Here is my situation:

• I am DVC direct purchaser, so I can still renew a Gold AP.
  • My AP expires November 30.
  • I have an unused ticket that I would like to apply towards the renewal.
  • I won't be in WDW until December 7.
Here are my questions:
  1. Is it still allowed at all to apply existing tickets towards AP renewal?
  2. Can I do it over the phone?
  3. If I can't do it over the phone, is there a grace period such that I will be able to do it at Guest Services on December 7?
  4. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hoping someone can help me here. Here is my situation:

• I am DVC direct purchaser, so I can still renew a Gold AP.
  • My AP expires November 30.
  • I have an unused ticket that I would like to apply towards the renewal.
  • I won't be in WDW until December 7.
Here are my questions:
  1. Is it still allowed at all to apply existing tickets towards AP renewal?
  2. Can I do it over the phone?
  3. If I can't do it over the phone, is there a grace period such that I will be able to do it at Guest Services on December 7?
  4. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance for the help!
I don’t think you can apply an existing ticket over the phone, but you can renew on December 7 in person, because your renewal window extends 30 days after your current AP expires. I don’t know whether you’ll be able to apply the existing ticket either - we did that once and got a little speech from GS CM that it wasn’t allowed but she’d do it as a one time exception. So go for it!

Hi folks,

So I have a 3 day park hopper ticket that I bought before COVID and was going to use the tickets the weekend that the parks closed in March (anniversary trip). My wife and I have a quick 3 night stay after Thanksgiving and we are still on the fence on if we want to use them now, wait later or just use one day as the below message (in bold) is implying that we wouldn't have to use all 3 days during our trip or even within a few days of each other. Also this is not apart of a package but we are staying on property.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3-Day Ticket with Park Hopper Option

Valid: Sat, Nov 28, 2020 – Sun, Sep 26, 2021

Theme Park Admission: Any 3 of the Valid Dates

So we want to add a ticket for my grandson (5 years old) to our 3 night stay... We are both Platinum AP holders, how do I do this...
I tried calling, and the CM did not seem the least bit interested in helping me, and was very distracted, sounded like she had kids in the background.
Can anyone tell me how to do this...

Thanks in Advance..

So we want to add a ticket for my grandson (5 years old) to our 3 night stay... We are both Platinum AP holders, how do I do this...
I tried calling, and the CM did not seem the least bit interested in helping me, and was very distracted, sounded like she had kids in the background.
Can anyone tell me how to do this...

Thanks in Advance..
Are you looking to buy just a 3 day ticket or an AP? If it’s just a regular ticket, you should be able to purchase it online and add it to your MDE for your grandson and then make park reservations. If you want to buy another AP, I don’t think they will let you do that right now as it wouldn’t fall into any of the criteria to purchase an AP at this time.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here it goes. I have an AP that is not active and an AP discounted resort reservation. Do I need to have the AP activated prior to checking in? We are using ME to arrive at the resort and I'm trying to figure out what to do. Thanks!!!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here it goes. I have an AP that is not active and an AP discounted resort reservation. Do I need to have the AP activated prior to checking in? We are using ME to arrive at the resort and I'm trying to figure out what to do. Thanks!!!
No, you're fine. The AP will activate when you first enter a park. That will start the count-down to expiration as well.

Sorry, so what is your question, @FromSCtoGA ?

Hi,

My question is have you or anyone seen this since COVID with tickets that were slated to be used after the parks shut down? Is Disney allowing those with tickets pre-covid that couldn't be used to use these tickets for any days (as it says) until September 2021 (not a specifictime from first use) So in essence could I use 1 day during Thanksgiving and then another day in March 2021? I know it is a lot but thanks for giving it a shot.

Henry

You can't add a ticket for one guest as part of a Disney resort package. All guests on the reservation need to have all the same elements.

But you can buy him a ticket separately and link it to his profile. As long as he is a registered guest he will be in the "resort guest" pool for park reservations, just as you are.

Hi,

My question is have you or anyone seen this since COVID with tickets that were slated to be used after the parks shut down? Is Disney allowing those with tickets pre-covid that couldn't be used to use these tickets for any days (as it says) until September 2021 (not a specifictime from first use) So in essence could I use 1 day during Thanksgiving and then another day in March 2021? I know it is a lot but thanks for giving it a shot.

Henry

Yes, it is exactly as it says.

So in essence could I use 1 day during Thanksgiving and then another day in March 2021?
Yes, I have read a couple of reports that this is exactly what they are allowing for those tickets with expiration dates extended to 9/26/2021. You can split it across multiple trips. You cannot modify the ticket in any way such as adding more days, and I think that includes refund of the hopper option; any modification removes the 9/26/2021 expiration and it becomes a "regular" ticket again. If any days are unused at the expiration, I believe they will be lost completely; by contrast, a fully-used ticket can be held as credit towards a new ticket next fall or later.

Hi can you explain to me about the last part of your comment? I'm a little confused.

Thanks
If you never use your ticket, and it passes the expiration date, that ticket holds a value (usually the purchase price) which can be applied towards a new ticket. So if you have tickets that expire in 2021 but decide not to travel for a couple of years, and instead plan a trip in Dec 2022, the value of your unused tickets can be put against the cost of new dated tickets for your 2022 trip.

You can't add a ticket for one guest as part of a Disney resort package. All guests on the reservation need to have all the same elements.

But you can buy him a ticket separately and link it to his profile. As long as he is a registered guest he will be in the "resort guest" pool for park reservations, just as you are.
If they have AP I wouldn’t think they have a resort package. Usually APs book room only reservations with AP discount. But I’m still not sure if they would be allowed to add the ticket for the grandson.

Buying it separately and adding it to MDE is the best route.

If they have AP I wouldn’t think they have a resort package. Usually APs book room only reservations with AP discount. But I’m still not sure if they would be allowed to add the ticket for the grandson.

Buying it separately and adding it to MDE is the best route.

I agree, but that seemed to be what the OP was asking, which is why I explained it that way. The only reason an AP would book a vacation package in normal times is to add a dining plan (a ticketless package). And even then, you cannot add a ticket (or any other package element) for only one person on the reservation. It is all or nothing.

No, you're fine. The AP will activate when you first enter a park. That will start the count-down to expiration as well.
Thank you for your reply. I am wondering more for the discount part of the reservation. I've read conflicting things where if your AP is not active when you check in, you'll be charged full price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter