I am hoping someone knows the answer. If I buy a 10 day non- park hopper ticket, can I use two of the ticket day’s going to two different parks on the same day.

For instance I go to Hollywood on my 6th ticket day and go to Epcot that evening using my 7th day ticket.

I only want to hop one day and it’s much cheaper to just add an extra day the pay for park hoppers

Thoughts

I only want to hop one day and it’s much cheaper to just add an extra day the pay for park hoppers
WDW is aware of this and therefore any such potential loophole is closed. Park-hopping is all-or-nothing based on the length of ticket. You cannot use 2 separate "entries" from a multi-day ticket on the same calendar date.

Though park hopper is only $85-$90 extra regardless of the length of ticket. Overall, only $70-$75 more when you look at a 9 day vs. 10 day ticket. So if you want to hop, just buy a 9 day ticket and add the hopper.

I emailed Passholder support to ask for clarification and they said all annual passes should be 365 days. So maybe the person didn't know what they were talking about or maybe those of you who are still getting the 366 post Fall 2021 are getting some pixie dust. They did refer me to the plandisney website to confirm this information. :) So I would just plan on getting 365 days out of a new AP (from date of activation).
That’s sad. So it means if I had renewed my AP this year, and the renewal started on March 11, 2023, I could use it to enter a park on March 10, 2024, but if I tried to enter on March 11, 2024, I couldn’t (unless I had renewed it again). I wonder what the benefit is to Disney of cutting off that one day?

Would MDE say this year’s renewal expired on March 10, 2024?

That’s sad. So it means if I had renewed my AP this year, and the renewal started on March 11, 2023, I could use it to enter a park on March 10, 2024, but if I tried to enter on March 11, 2024, I couldn’t (unless I had renewed it again). I wonder what the benefit is to Disney of cutting off that one day?

Would MDE say this year’s renewal expired on March 10, 2024?
Yes, it's my understanding that your pass would say that it expired on March 10 and that would be the last day you could enter the parks on that pass.
One of the people I spoke to about this said that at one time you would have gotten 366 days (hence, everyone on the internet saying you get 366 days), but that was simply a fluke of how the system worked and it has since (fall of 2021, he said) been corrected.
It's not really that big of a deal for those that renew, but for those of us who don't want to constantly have an annual pass, it's a bit of a disappointment.

I think the 366 impacts new APs but not renewals.

For a renewal with the original AP expiring March 11th:
3/11/2023 + 365 days = 3/11/2024 (Excel is my friend!)

APs are valid on the expiration date. Therefore 3/11/2023 was a valid day on the original AP, as such it should not be counted as "day 1" of the renewed AP. It's just a matter of how one looks at -- or counts -- "day 1." I don't know how many people actually go to the parks on their expiration date to do the renewal.

But it does seem to impact new APs in that a new AP purchased on 3/11/2023 would only be valid through 3/10/2024. We'll see for sure once folks start purchasing (and using) their new APs later this month.

I think the 366 impacts new APs but not renewals.

For a renewal with the original AP expiring March 11th:
3/11/2023 + 365 days = 3/11/2024 (Excel is my friend!)

APs are valid on the expiration date. Therefore 3/11/2023 was a valid day on the original AP, as such it should not be counted as "day 1" of the renewed AP. It's just a matter of how one looks at -- or counts -- "day 1." I don't know how many people actually go to the parks on their expiration date to do the renewal.

But it does seem to impact new APs in that a new AP purchased on 3/11/2023 would only be valid through 3/10/2024. We'll see for sure once folks start purchasing (and using) their new APs later this month.
I can confirm this!

My friend activated APs for her family last spring (new activation after COVID refunds). The initial AP activation expires 1 day prior to the first day of her trip this year. I see her renewals sitting in MDE and they show the same date as the original AP expiration, not 1 day less.

So you lose the day on the initial activation, but keep it when renewed.

So weird
I checked today and the change button is there. It was definitely not yesterday.
I have 3 tickets for different vacations within the next year. Only one had the change option . Now all 3 do 🤷‍♀️
Weird……
Same. I have tickets from UT, and when I looked the other day, there was no change button for them. I just went in and looked, and now there is one. The link didn't work when I clicked on it... but maybe just having the link is progress?

Excellent question which really depends on how you "do" Disney. At the moment the big driver for purchasing tickets early is to make park reservations, the system will not allow you to do so without.

I'd think you're safe to buy the tickets 3 months out so you can also have time to plan dining (60 days out) and sync it with your park days. If you don't want to make dining reservations you can push this off further.
Yes, I really hate that reservations are needed now but it is what it is. Thank you, I think 3 months out makes sense as we will be making a few dining reservations 🍻

I can confirm this!

My friend activated APs for her family last spring (new activation after COVID refunds). The initial AP activation expires 1 day prior to the first day of her trip this year. I see her renewals sitting in MDE and they show the same date as the original AP expiration, not 1 day less.

So you lose the day on the initial activation, but keep it when renewed.
But isn't it still the same number of days. I think some of this is semantics. So in your example, if they bought and activated the AP on April 11th 2022, it would have expired on April 10th 2023. They could use it on both the first day and expiration date of the AP. Now when they renew, they can use the new pass from April 11th 2023 through April 10th 2024. The expiration date doesn't change, nor does the first day they can use the new pass. Am I missing something?

So in your example, if they bought and activated the AP on April 11th 2022, it would have expired on April 10th 2023.
Previously that first AP activated on April 11, 2022 would expire April 11th 2023, not the 10th. A day is getting lost off the first AP.

Question regarding bridging a ticket...
If we have a ticket that includes memory maker and waterpark option, do we have to add that option when bridging to an AP? We're being told by ticketing that since our tickets include memory maker and water parks that we can bridge to APs on the 20th but have to add the $99 photopass and $99 waterpark option to each AP.

Just want to bump my question to see if anyone can help with this! :)

I was at WDW last year during Hurricane Ian and and had one unused day on my five day ticket that was given an extended expiration date. I am headed back to the park next month to use my remaining day. I'd love to extended it by another day. Does anyone know if Guest Services has been allowing adding days to those extended expiration date tickets?

I'd love to extended it by another day. Does anyone know if Guest Services has been allowing adding days to those extended expiration date tickets?
You can ask but I doubt it. Generally speaking, any "upgrades" to a ticket need to be done within 14 days of first use even if the ticket has not yet expired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter