So my tickets would be transferable to someone else as long as they are not used correct?

Anyone have an idea how much my 4 day tickets would be worth as a refund if I go with the basic package then.. no one from Disney can tell me this.
Tickets are transferable as long as they are not used. Be aware that they will likely disappear from view in MDE once expired. CMs will be able to retrieve them for the credit.

Your credit should be equivalent to the same ticket on WDW’s website today.

So I am here at Disney World now and we were planning on going to guest services first thing in morning regarding the DAS but now I’m wondering if we should do it tonite in case there is a huge crowd of people at the on-site guest services locations buying APs…or are they only available online?

So I am here at Disney World now and we were planning on going to guest services first thing in morning regarding the DAS but now I’m wondering if we should do it tonite in case there is a huge crowd of people at the on-site guest services locations buying APs…or are they only available online?
I would go to a blue umbrella in a park tomorrow morning. I don’t think those do ticket upgrades.

I wish we knew if you can upgrade a 5 day hopper for May tomorrow online to an incredi-pass…..
Or is calling the only option.

There is a full discussion re: Annual Pass queue happening over here. Let's leave this thread for Ticket and Annual Pass questions.

Future posts re: queue and wait will be deleted to keep this thread informative. Thanks for understanding.

I have tickets I don't need now!?

Got through this morning to get my Pirate Pass - There wasn't an option to upgrade my tickets or convert the value of my tickets that I already have (3 day tickets good for may 2023) into the Annual Pass.

Am I just stuck with these tickets that I don't need for at least a year? Do you think I could apply the value towards water park upgrades or something else?

I have tickets I don't need now!?

Got through this morning to get my Pirate Pass - There wasn't an option to upgrade my tickets or convert the value of my tickets that I already have (3 day tickets good for may 2023) into the Annual Pass.

Am I just stuck with these tickets that I don't need for at least a year? Do you think I could apply the value towards water park upgrades or something else?
Upgrades to existing tickets needed to be done by phone this morning. Some options that may or may not work for you:
  • Transfer the 3-day ticket to family or friend who need tickets.
  • Where did you buy your 3-day tickets? If bought from a third party (like UT) you may be able to return them for a refund minus a fee.
  • Hold onto the 3-day ticket and use the credit towards AP renewal next year. It will disappear from MDE so make note of the ticket number and value.
The value of your 3-day ticket is likely much higher than either the waterpark or memory maker add-ons (or both) so I don't think WDW will allow the credit to be used for that. You may be able to use the credit towards some other special event ticket that costs as least as much as the 3-day ticket. Note that typically an "upgrade" (or using the credit) is a 1:1 basis, meaning 1 old ticket/credit for 1 new ticket. So for example you probably can't use the credit towards 2+ After Hours or party tickets.

You have 1 year from today to enter a park using the new AP (activate it). Then the AP will be valid for 1 year from that date.
hey! thanks for the response, follow up question, what happens if you don't enter the park? the pass doesn't expire? could you potentially protect yourself from rising park prices?

hey! thanks for the response, follow up question, what happens if you don't enter the park? the pass doesn't expire? could you potentially protect yourself from rising park prices?
Disney closed that loophole. The pass will remain valued at the price you bought it for as a credit on your account, But that's all. If pass prices rise by $200 you'll need to dish out the additional $200 plus tax beyond what you paid.

Just know that once Mickey has your money - it's his. Very, very rarely will that mouse let go of the cheese. In my opinion, I would not buy an AP not knowing if I'll be using it that year.

Disney closed that loophole. The pass will remain valued at the price you bought it for as a credit on your account, But that's all. If pass prices rise by $200 you'll need to dish out the additional $200 plus tax beyond what you paid.

Just know that once Mickey has your money - it's his. Very, very rarely will that mouse let go of the cheese. In my opinion, I would not buy an AP not knowing if I'll be using it that year.

is the $200 arbitrary or any price increase they will make you pony up if you didn't pay that much

is the $200 arbitrary or any price increase they will make you pony up if you didn't pay that much
Whatever price increase(s) has occurred between when you bought the AP voucher (today) and that future date -- be it May 2024 or 5 or 10 years down the road. Obviously, the longer you wait to use the credit the more you're likely to pay to bring it up to prevailing rates.

Tickets are transferable as long as they are not used. Be aware that they will likely disappear from view in MDE once expired. CMs will be able to retrieve them for the credit.

Your credit should be equivalent to the same ticket on WDW’s website today.
I have a 3 day hopper for November , the CM told me to remove any park reservations and let them expire since I purchased a AP with a different set today. Can these expired tickets hang out for years?
Can their worth ever be used when I renew an AP ? Or do they always have to be used a stand alone tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter