If I buy the package for all of us, will those extra tickets sit their unbothered or will I need to do anything special to make sure they don't get used?
You need to stop at Guest Relations or a ticket window to make sure the package tickets are prioritized over the AP. I would NOT count on that occurring naturally.

As for the unused-but-expired tickets -- there shouldn't be any issue with those because until you set them to a specific date they are unusable. You can't just show up at the gate and enter with them.

We have relatives joining us on an upcoming trip.
  • They purchased a 3-day resident pass, but don't know much about it. It sounds as if they don't have a physical pass yet.
  • They probably will not get the Disney app
  • They plan to join us mid-day at Epcot, before they check in at Pop Century
What can they use to enter Epcot? Will they receive a physical 3-day pass?

You mention "resident pass" so if they are FL Residents make sure they bring their proof to activate the tickets. They may need to do this at Guest Relations or a ticket window. And since it sounds like they aren't terribly familiar with WDW tickets, make sure they have park reservations if necessary.

You need to stop at Guest Relations or a ticket window to make sure the package tickets are prioritized over the AP. I would NOT count on that occurring naturally.

As for the unused-but-expired tickets -- there shouldn't be any issue with those because until you set them to a specific date they are unusable. You can't just show up at the gate and enter with them.
Thank you so very much! I'm not in any hurry to activate my AP.

Conference tickets are not date based in the way that regular tickets are. They have a year-end expiration date, like tickets did back in the old days. For 2024 conferences, one day tickets will expire 12/31/24, multiday will expire in mid-January to account for the fact that someone may start their trip before 12/31/24 but use days into the new year.

If you don't use before expiration, you can use the value towards the purchase of a new ticket at a later date.

To confirm: if I purchase conference tickets now for an upcoming Jan 2024 conference, will those tickets (if unused) still expire 12/31 2024? Or expire 12/31 2023 because I purchased them in 2023?

I've been trying to read through this thread, but at the size of it -- I think I better ask a question. Feel free to point me to a certain post if it's already been answered.

We were gifted with park hopper one-day date-based tickets. There are three of us going at the end of January, but all the tickets are in my Disney account. We are planning on going into Disney Springs to the Ticket Center the day before we go to the parks to get the physical ticket cards. What will I need to do in advance, to make that as easy as possible?
We don't use cell phones and won't have Magic Bands, so this is just getting the digital tickets that are in my account onto the Ticket cards that we can use. Hope that's not too confusing. Thanks so much!

We don't use cell phones and won't have Magic Bands, so this is just getting the digital tickets that are in my account onto the Ticket cards that we can use.
Ticket cards, like MBs or MagicMobile, simply access what is in MDE; nothing is "on" the card. Do the other 2 guests have profiles within your MDE? If not, just make profiles for each. If they already have profiles, any MBs or hard plastic ticket they already have will work. Or you can pick-up hard plastic tickets for each on your way into the park, no need for a separate trip to Disney Springs unless you planned to be there anyway.

If you have a print-out of the ticket information, that should work.

Thanks. They don't have profiles in my account, but I'll look into doing that! Sounds perfect.

What type of ticket info -- a screencap of the tickets in my account? They were gifted to me by a friend, so I don't have purchase info or anything. They got the tickets and then transferred them to me in MDE.

My son upgraded his multi-day ticket to a DVC AP last year on 5/15/23, so he thought that he would be able to use the AP through the end of 5/15/2024. We have booked a DVC stay through this time period (using borrowed points from the 2024 use year). We looked at his AP details last night and saw that it expires on 5/14/24 not 5/15/24!
Is there a phone number we can call to fix this?

My son upgraded his multi-day ticket to a DVC AP last year on 5/15/23, so he thought that he would be able to use the AP through the end of 5/15/2024. We have booked a DVC stay through this time period (using borrowed points from the 2024 use year). We looked at his AP details last night and saw that it expires on 5/14/24 not 5/15/24!
Is there a phone number we can call to fix this?
Was the multi-date ticket partially used before the upgrade? If partially used, the expiration date is based on the date that the multi-date ticket was first used. If it wasn't used prior to the upgrade, call the passholder hotline at 407-939-7277.

Thank you erionm
He upgraded it in Epcot guest services on the day we arrived.
I spoke to wdw ticketing and DVC and they both said that 5/14/24 was 365 days after he updated to an AP on 5/15/23.
Maybe it was a leap year this year?

Thanks. They don't have profiles in my account, but I'll look into doing that! Sounds perfect.

What type of ticket info -- a screencap of the tickets in my account? They were gifted to me by a friend, so I don't have purchase info or anything. They got the tickets and then transferred them to me in MDE.
You said that you don't have MagicBands and don't use cellphones. So you will need to pick up ticket cards before you go to the park. You can find the ticket information in the My MagicBand and Card information in your Disney account. You can make a screencap that shows the ticket card with the ID number on it. That should help them find your tickets when you go to the ticket center. :)

For the terms, what does a "wholly unused ticket' mean. If I have 4-day flexible date ticket with an expiration date of 12/31/2024 and use 3 days during my trip, do I lose the 4th day? Or, can I use it for a future trip prior to the expiration date.

For the terms, what does a "wholly unused ticket' mean. If I have 4-day flexible date ticket with an expiration date of 12/31/2024 and use 3 days during my trip, do I lose the 4th day? Or, can I use it for a future trip prior to the expiration date.
"Wholly unused" means that none of the 4 days is used. Once a ticket has been used to enter a park, the clock starts ticking for any upgrades. No upgrades if it's been more than 14 days from first use, even if the ticket has not expired and has remaining entitlements.

As to your specific ticket, read the expiration details. Is it like a conference ticket that can have first use any date prior to 12/31/2024 but all entitlements expire X-days after first use? Or like some FL Resident tickets the 4 entitlements can be used at any point between purchase and 12/31/2024 -- so yes you can use 1 entry today, another next month, another in June and the last one next fall. It really depends on the ticket.

"Wholly unused" means that none of the 4 days is used. Once a ticket has been used to enter a park, the clock starts ticking for any upgrades. No upgrades if it's been more than 14 days from first use, even if the ticket has not expired and has remaining entitlements.

As to your specific ticket, read the expiration details. Is it like a conference ticket that can have first use any date prior to 12/31/2024 but all entitlements expire X-days after first use? Or like some FL Resident tickets the 4 entitlements can be used at any point between purchase and 12/31/2024 -- so yes you can use 1 entry today, another next month, another in June and the last one next fall. It really depends on the ticket.
Thank you! The expiration details are like the conference ticket. Once used, it must be completed within 14 days.

Apologies if this is answered somewhere else (I searched and can't find it!). We are heading to Disney the last week in May, with 6 park days. (6 adults, 2 kids - 4 and 10). I am planning to get park hopper passes to maximize flexibility. We are not currently planning on going to Typhoon Lagoon, but if a group decided they wanted to, how difficult is it to upgrade our tickets to include the water park option the day of? Is that even possible? TYIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter