Is this a "stand-alone" ticket?
When, how, and from whom did you buy it?

This is a stand alone ticket, a 1-day Value EP/AK/DHS ticket. It was purchased by my brother-in-law from Disney's website with a credit card (and he can no longer use the ticket because my sister hurt her foot and they're no longer going), and he transferred it to my My Disney Experience account this afternoon.

Is it possible or impossible to do a ticket upgrade by calling Disney before our trip? We have a 1-day ticket on our account and want to upgrade it to a Disney After Hours event ticket. I know we wouldn't NEED to do this ahead of time since there are no fastpasses or anything that are needed, but we like to have things done in advance.

You can call and ask.
Don't be surprised if the answer is no.

Last edited:
My SIL and BIL are FL Residents and buying the 3 day pass. They will stay with us at Bonnet Creek in our 3BR condo for those days. Once they get their hard tickets, can I add them to my DME so I can book the FP for our group? We want Safari and Soarin which will require FP, and offsite gives us a smaller window so we want to jump on it when it comes up. My SIL is planning on texting me photos of the tickets so I have the right numbers - I hope that is the proper way to do it.

My SIL and BIL are FL Residents and buying the 3 day pass. They will stay with us at Bonnet Creek in our 3BR condo for those days.
1. Once they get their hard tickets, can I add them to my DME so I can book the FP for our group?
2. We want Safari and Soarin which will require FP, and offsite gives us a smaller window so we want to jump on it when it comes up.
3. My SIL is planning on texting me photos of the tickets so I have the right numbers - I hope that is the proper way to do it.

1. Yes.
2. Well, not nearly as difficult as some. It shouldn't be too difficult.
Also, if you go at rope drop, you can absolutely ride those w/o a FP.
3. That'll work.

Thanks. My DD and I also want to use some of their and DH's FP slots for extra coaster rides, but we'll see how that works out. Everyone on my DME is much easier.

If I purchase the 4 day + 3 day free from UT, will it be just like a regular 7 day ticket so that I can add more days once I start my visit?

Weighing out my options here, and I have two different questions:

1) if I purchase a 10 day park hopper WITH WATERPARK from UT, can I upgrade to the NON-WATERPARK AP once I get to Disney?
2) if I just purchase AP directly from Disney on their website, will I IMMEDIATELY (that day) have the info I need to link my tickets and start making fastpass reservations (if I'm within 60 days)?

Thanks!!

Weighing out my options here, and I have two different questions:

1) if I purchase a 10 day park hopper WITH WATERPARK from UT, can I upgrade to the NON-WATERPARK AP once I get to Disney?
2) if I just purchase AP directly from Disney on their website, will I IMMEDIATELY (that day) have the info I need to link my tickets and start making fastpass reservations (if I'm within 60 days)?

Thanks!!

1) As long as you do not USE any of the WPF&M options before the upgrade. yes.
2) Yes.

If I purchase the 4 day + 3 day free from UT, will it be just like a regular 7 day ticket so that I can add more days once I start my visit?

Yes.
Better still, it is not "like" a regular 7-day ticket, it IS a regular 7-day ticket.

There is no such ticket as a "4 day + 3 day free."
(It is just a marketing tool to describe it that way.)
This ticket is actually a 7-day MYW ticket, sold at the price of a 4-day MYW ticket.

Hi, we went to Orlando last year in August for a Holiday, unfortunately as soon as we landed we heard that my Mother in law has passed so we had to get on the next flight back to Ireland. Question is... we purchased Tickets here (in Ireland) which are Two days any park passes. It does say on them "First day of use must be on or before December 31st" is there any chance that we could use them or even upgrade to another ticket used their value. We bought five sets so it was a fair bit of Money. Getting no joy from the vendor here. Thanks

Hi, we went to Orlando last year in August for a Holiday, unfortunately as soon as we landed we heard that my Mother in law has passed so we had to get on the next flight back to Ireland. Question is... we purchased Tickets here (in Ireland) which are Two days any park passes. It does say on them "First day of use must be on or before December 31st" is there any chance that we could use them or even upgrade to another ticket used their value. We bought five sets so it was a fair bit of Money. Getting no joy from the vendor here. Thanks

Likely you can at least use their original value to help pay for new tickets.
Disney seldom makes guests just lose all of their ticket value, if never used.

I'd first contact the place where you bought the tickets.

(BTW, I'm stumped as to why you'd travel all that distance and only want to spend two days at WDW.)

Likely you can at least use their original value to help pay for new tickets.
Disney seldom makes guests just lose all of their ticket value, if never used.

I'd first contact the place where you bought the tickets.

(BTW, I'm stumped as to why you'd travel all that distance and only want to spend two days at WDW.)

Would be great if they would allow the value against new tickets. What do you suggest just call to Guest Services when we get there?

The travel agent where we got the original tickets said they would ask the Disney agent here if there were any options for us, but to be honest after a lot of phone calls and emails I have just given up. We booked with a different company this time.

Why only two days, well the break was only for ten days and the family also wanted to do Universal and go shopping. The holiday was a present from my Mother in law to my youngest who had just turned 18. So we are going back to kind of fulfill her last wishes.
Besides we have been very lucky and this I think is around our 17th visit to Orlando, so two days @ WDW would have been great.

Thanks for the advice btw

Would be great if they would allow the value against new tickets. What do you suggest just call to Guest Services when we get there?

You should go to a Guest Relations in-person.
They are outside all of the parks and at Disney Springs.

I had a bunch of no expiration tix that had the fun visits on them (i.e. 10 day no exp hopper with 10 fun visits). Last yr I had the remaining visits put onto new cards to consolidate them (that being said I think I basically have water parks for life...LOL)! Anyway...when I go onto MDE I see the ticket numbers listed matching the cards I physically have, but I have an extra card that is not matched to any of my family members and there is an extra ticket showing under my name, but the number does not match the physical ticket I have. Tried calling Disney ticketing, but am told they can't give usage over the phone, only by email which can take up to 14 days. A friend of mine has gotten the info. over the phone not long ago. Has anyone ever received remaining days left over the phone?

1. Tried calling Disney ticketing, but am told they can't give usage over the phone, only by email which can take up to 14 days. A friend of mine has gotten the info. over the phone not long ago.
2. Has anyone ever received remaining days left over the phone?

1. That is the "official rule."
2. Occasionally, that kind of thing has happened.
It is the exception, and can depend on the luck-of-the-draw of whom you get on the phone.

Any suggestion on were to buy a 10 day hopper pass for 2 adults and 2 children?
parksavers.com
undercovertourist.com
mapleleaftickets.com
AAA Travel
Many more.

Sometimes the best deal on multi-day tickets might be to find a special low price on, say, a 7-day ticket, and then upgrade it to a 10-day ticket at WDW.

Last edited:
Hi!

I'm planning a vacation for October with my family, and I have 2 days left on a ticket from 2004 that was bought with the unexpiring option. Will I be able to link this to fast passes? How will it work with the Magic Band and reservations? Also, my mother didn't think to label them at the time, so we have three adult tickets that were all used by 3 different people at the same time. I'm assuming they're still linked to fingerprints? Is there a way to find out whose ticket is whose in advance?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter