I'm guessing she bridged you to the current gate prices, which is $20 (+tax) more than the prices online that you saw. Which is pretty much the Best Case Scenario, IMO!

Yes! I agree this was definitely the best case!! I didn't even think about looking at the current gate price to see if that's where the price came from. The CM helping us was just so nice and super sweet to our 5 year old son. I really wish I had made note of her name to send in an email about her service.

Two questions the second of which is already covered somewhere surely but I am a bit search challenged so sorry in advance.

First, we have a 1998 ticket in my wife's name. A very nice technical support guy worked with me to try to get it linked to her MDE account but eventually gave up. He says it has to be converted in a park. Does anyone know if she has to be there? Can we give it to a friend who is going this summer so that we will have it to do 60 day fastpasses?

Second, I see that an unused ticket that has been linked on MDE can be linked to someone else. Do you need to have the person identified? Or could it just be unlinked and the new user can link whenever he or she wants for anyone?

Two questions the second of which is already covered somewhere surely but I am a bit search challenged so sorry in advance.

First, we have a 1998 ticket in my wife's name. A very nice technical support guy worked with me to try to get it linked to her MDE account but eventually gave up. He says it has to be converted in a park.
1. Does anyone know if she has to be there?
2. Can we give it to a friend who is going this summer so that we will have it to do 60 day fastpasses?
Second,
3. I see that an unused ticket that has been linked on MDE can be linked to someone else.
4. Do you need to have the person identified?
5. Or could it just be unlinked and the new user can link whenever he or she wants for anyone?

1. She should not need to be there.
2. You can give it a shot.
3. Yup.
4. You can create a "fake person" profile in your MDE and transfer the ticket there until needed.
5. When you are ready to (re)transfer it to a "real" person, you can do so at that time.

Sounds like it.
Did you actually OPEN these tickets (from their sealed packet?)
Did you connect them to your MDE account?

If you did, they are generally not returnable to UT.
If you have not done those things, you might consider talking to UT to
see if you have an alternative.
Nope, haven't opened them yet or connected them with MDE. I'll check with UT to see if they can exchange them.

Hello,

I apologize if this question has already been answered.
Just booked a free dining package in September and got two 2 day PH tickets that are assigned to me and DH.
DH and I are AP holders. DD2 turns 3 during our free dining stay in the fall.

Can we save the two 2 day PH tickets and assign these tickets at a later date to DD2? To clarify, our AP expires in May 2018 and we may do one more trip in February/March. DD2 would be the only one who needs tickets for that trip. Can she use the two 2-day PH tickets that are currently assigned to me and DH? Is this something we should mention at check in or something I should call about prior to check in?

Thank you!

Hello,

I apologize if this question has already been answered.
Just booked a free dining package in September and got two 2 day PH tickets that are assigned to me and DH.
DH and I are AP holders. DD2 turns 3 during our free dining stay in the fall.

1. Can we save the two 2 day PH tickets and assign these tickets at a later date to DD2? To clarify, our AP expires in May 2018 and we may do one more trip in February/March. DD2 would be the only one who needs tickets for that trip.
2. Can she use the two 2-day PH tickets that are currently assigned to me and DH?
3. Is this something we should mention at check in
4. or something I should call about prior to check in?

Thank you!
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. No need.
4. Nope.

Thanks! So one last question, is there a way to make sure that the tickets aren't used when we scan in with our mbs?

I was just coming back to post this.
Right now (or anytime before your trip,) create a "fake person" (made-up name) in your MDE account.
After you arrive/check-in at WDW, open your MDE account and transfer those new 2-day tickets into the "fake account."

The tickets will remain safe and unused until you are ready to transfer one or both of them to another guest.

I was just coming back to post this.
Right now (or anytime before your trip,) create a "fake person" (made-up name) in your MDE account.
After you arrive/check-in at WDW, open your MDE account and transfer those new 2-day tickets into the "fake account."

The tickets will remain safe and unused until you are ready to transfer one or both of them to another guest.

Perfect. Thanks again!

OK we have a Disney Resort Package with 8 Day Tickets.
We are thinking of adding Memory Maker $149.

If we upgrade to Annual Passes...

Let's do math if I am right?

Platinum Pass $779 - 8 Day Ticket $420 X4 =$1436 - Memory Maker $149 = $1287 + 6.5% Tax $83.66 = $1370.66

Does this seem right??

Is it still possible to apply park tickets to renew your AP? I have a 4 day park hopper ticket in my account that I got from a MYW package in 2016 that I would like to use towards renewing my AP. Since the tickets were part of a package, do I use the current gate price of $452.63? Or is it something else? AP renewal is $705.03 so thinking it should cost me $252.40 to renew if it's the current. Thanks for your help!

1. Is it still possible to apply park tickets to renew your AP? I have a 4 day park hopper ticket in my account that I got from a MYW package in 2016 that I would like to use towards renewing my AP.
2. Since the tickets were part of a package, do I use the current gate price of $452.63?
3. Or is it something else?
AP renewal is $705.03...
1. Yes.
2. Things have changed a bit since Feb. 12, 2017 (the last price increase.)
3. Use the gate price of a 4-day Hopper from just before Feb. 12, 2017 (Prices HERE.)
Which is $419.61, including tax.

$705.03
=285.42

So, $285.42 will be the cost to upgrade to that AP renewal price.

OK we have a Disney Resort Package with 8 Day Tickets.
We are thinking of adding Memory Maker $149.

If we upgrade to Annual Passes...

Let's do math if I am right?

Platinum Pass $779 - 8 Day Ticket $420 X4 =$1436 - Memory Maker $149 = $1287 + 6.5% Tax $83.66 = $1370.66

Does this seem right??

I always start to work with just one ticket (so much easier) and then multiply that number if you need more than one ticket.

$779 Platinum Pass (plus tax)
-420 Assuming these are CURRENT 8-day Base tickets (plus tax)
=359 Cost to Upgrade one ticket (plus tax)

$359
x 4 tickets
$1436 (plus tax)

If you ARE going to get the APs, just don't buy the Memory Maker.
(You can do so, but there is no reason to.)

Regardless, if your pkg. tickets are current tickets (not from prior to Feb. 12, 2017)
then your math is correct.

ok..i have had a bad year moneywise i bought florida annual passes the one with hoppers and everything no blackouts on the payment plan. i made 2 payments, and sadly only went once for 3 days during that time. august is my year date. the odds of me having the money to pay the balance and get new passes or tickets is slim. Is there away to work this out..can i just pay for the days used and have a do over ? otherwise it may be forever before i can go again.

But if I get memory maker will I get that credited towards my AP?

If I don't get it until. Upgrade I don't get the first 3 days.

But if I get memory maker will I get that credited towards my AP?

If I don't get it until. Upgrade I don't get the first 3 days.

There is no "start-time" for your photos.
When you arrive, even if you have not bought Memory Maker, you can start having photos
taken, and they will ALL be put into your files.

The only thing that changes is how you PAY to download the photos.

If you buy an AP, all of the photos... from the very first ones taken, will be included with the AP.
If you don't buy an AP, all of the photos... from the very first ones taken,
will be included if you buy Memory Maker/Photopass directly.

ok..i have had a bad year moneywise i bought florida annual passes the one with hoppers and everything no blackouts on the payment plan. i made 2 payments, and sadly only went once for 3 days during that time. august is my year date. the odds of me having the money to pay the balance and get new passes or tickets is slim. Is there away to work this out..can i just pay for the days used and have a do over ? otherwise it may be forever before i can go again.

Call WDW ticketing and explain things very honestly to the CM.
No way to know what will or won't happen, but they have been known to be very helpful.

WDW Ticketing-
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

1. Yes.
2. Things have changed a bit since Feb. 12, 2017 (the last price increase.)
3. Use the gate price of a 4-day Hopper from just before Feb. 12, 2017 (Prices HERE.)
Which is $419.61, including tax.

$705.03
=285.42

So, $285.42 will be the cost to upgrade to that AP renewal price.

Thank you Robo. You are awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter