Is it worth the time, stress, and threat of negative notes on your record to try to find a Castmember who will bridge? I was considering purchasing from UT and bridging to an AP in December. However, UT customer service didn't understand when I asked if the tickets were from before or after the February 12 price increase- so I never found out what stock they actually sell. Additionally, it seems from reading this thread (I have now read it ALL as I didn't get an answer to an earlier question & tried to figure it out) that there is no consistency in bridging tickets- and it sounds like kind of a nightmare to try.

UT sells a $469 for a 6 day adult PH with one free day, which is essentially $469 for a 7 day PH. The Disney PP is $830 with tax. If they bridge to pre-February 2017 prices I'd get $467.54 in credit, post February I'd get $516.53 (as they do not add the gate $20) and if they bridge to what UT paid it could be as low as $411.

$467.54-$469.00= $1.46 loss
$516.53-$469.00= $47.53 saved
$411.00-$467.00= $56.00 loss

Additionally lost: Sanity, clean Disney record, time, etc.

Does not seem like good odds to me. Am I missing something? Additionally, I know I run the risk of loss if we decide not to upgrade as we actually only need a 3 or 4 day PH. This is our first time visiting all the parks & it will be around the holidays- so anything to make this easier is probably a good idea. The AP is a lot of money for us, so I was hoping to figure out how to make it more cost effective should we return. Thanks!

Is it worth the time, stress, and threat of negative notes on your record to try to find a Castmember who will bridge? I was considering purchasing from UT and bridging to an AP in December. However, UT customer service didn't understand when I asked if the tickets were from before or after the February 12 price increase- so I never found out what stock they actually sell. Additionally, it seems from reading this thread (I have now read it ALL as I didn't get an answer to an earlier question & tried to figure it out) that there is no consistency in bridging tickets- and it sounds like kind of a nightmare to try.

UT sells a $469 for a 6 day adult PH with one free day, which is essentially $469 for a 7 day PH. The Disney PP is $830 with tax. If they bridge to pre-February 2017 prices I'd get $467.54 in credit, post February I'd get $516.53 (as they do not add the gate $20) and if they bridge to what UT paid it could be as low as $411.

$467.54-$469.00= $1.46 loss
$516.53-$469.00= $47.53 saved
$411.00-$467.00= $56.00 loss

Additionally lost: Sanity, clean Disney record, time, etc.

Does not seem like good odds to me. Am I missing something? Additionally, I know I run the risk of loss if we decide not to upgrade as we actually only need a 3 or 4 day PH. This is our first time visiting all the parks & it will be around the holidays- so anything to make this easier is probably a good idea. The AP is a lot of money for us, so I was hoping to figure out how to make it more cost effective should we return. Thanks!
This is probably a personal preference. It took me 5 tries and on the final try (with notes in the system), I paid half what the first 4 CMs quoted me. It was $250+ in savings. (Which of course was completely spent on our trip!)

1. That depends on which tickets you have.
2. Where, how, and from whom did you buy them?

1. I have two one-day value tickets for the Magic Kingdom park - want to upgrade to 4-day park hoppers
2. Purchased online at disneyworld.com

This is probably a personal preference. It took me 5 tries and on the final try (with notes in the system), I paid half what the first 4 CMs quoted me. It was $250+ in savings. (Which of course was completely spent on our trip!)
how did you get around the notes in the system? did you somehow make a compelling argument/supervisor/CM didn't notice?

What do you think was the change?

how did you get around the notes in the system? did you somehow make a compelling argument/supervisor/CM didn't notice?

What do you think was the change?
I told the CM I wanted to upgrade my tickets to an AP. She originally quoted me a price that was based on the ticket price in the system and I asked to bridge the, first. She looks and says, oh yeah, you bought these a ticket a discount. Does the bridge and says, that's much better!

The change... a different CM!

I will note that one of the other CMs previously made mention that I'd already been told they couldn't do it. I told that CM I didn't understand it then and still didn't. :) Just depends on who you get. The notes didn't even come in the play on my final attempt.

Okay, so I'm sure this has been asked an answered a million times, but is there any way to upgrade tickets via phone? I have two unused one-day tickets that I want to upgrade for use in November (Thanksgiving week). Since I want to be able to book my fastpasses on these as early as possible, I'd really like to get them upgraded before we arrive onsite. Thanks so much!

You can try.
Call: (407) 939-7523, this is the Existing tickets phone number at Disney.

Know that you can only use one OLD, unused ticket to upgrade to one NEW ticket.
So, if you have two old unused tickets, you can upgrade to two NEW tickets.

You can try.
Call: (407) 939-7523, this is the Existing tickets phone number at Disney.

Know that you can only use one OLD, unused ticket to upgrade to one NEW ticket.
So, if you have two old unused tickets, you can upgrade to two NEW tickets.

Yes, that's what I want to do (upgrade two old to two new tickets). Thanks so much - I'll try this out and will let you know what they say!

Just called and spoke with a very nice CM, but she was unable to upgrade the tickets over the phone. Maybe I'll just have to travel to Florida so I can upgrade them in person :D

Just called and spoke with a very nice CM, but she was unable to upgrade the tickets over the phone.

That is the usual, expected reply.
A few reports otherwise, but they are the exception.

sent an email asking about unused tickets with the December 2018 expiry date....and got this reply...

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We appreciate your inquiry about ticket expiration dates. Tickets purchased after February 12, 2017 have an expiration of December 31, 2018. At that time, you would lose the value of the ticket and it would no longer be valid for admission. If you are unable to use your ticket prior to December 31, 2018, please contact us after that date and we may be able to assist you. Should you have any further questions. please let me know!

Last edited:
So, yet another annual pass upgrade question. We are neither DVC members nor Florida residents, but my husband and I are planning (well, I'm planning :D) a trip back to Disney Sept 2018, for 8 nights. That puts us at about 8 or 9 park days. Wondering if it's worth it to upgrade just me to an AP...

The price difference between the annual pass and the 9 day park hopper is $291.81, and we'd be buying the Memory Maker anyways, so the real difference is about $150. I guess I'm wondering if we could make up the difference in food in an 8/9 day trip. Most of the restaurants that show a 20% discount currently have verbiage about the 45th anniversary discount only being good until 9/30/2017, at which point I assume the discounts will go to 10%? It looks like pretty much all the merchandise shops have the 20% discount---is that right?

We don't drink, so buying TiW to get the discount off alcohol doesn't look like it'll save us any money. We also won't be parking so no savings on that end, and there isn't a second trip within that year planned yet, so it really would be just could we make it up on food? (and a little bit of merchandise, but mostly food)

I was about to ask the same because I'm also planning a trip for that exact date! What are the odds?
I did some math, and you'd waste something like 20 dollars a day (considering a 8 day park hopper ticket) if you buy the annual pass. However, if you spend at least 100 dollars on 20% discounts EACH DAY (and that includes food, but I'm also considering all variables with a dining plan so I still need to check those options out) you spend on the park. And apparently, AP have discounts on booking, so that's more savings that could add to the price you're paying, leveling it out, but I still haven't really considered those yet.
If you can extend your trip to 10 park days it's better to get an AP for sure, since the price is the same as the tickets and you're gonna have all the discounts.

send an email asking about unused tickets with the December 2018 expiry date....and got this reply...

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We appreciate your inquiry about ticket expiration dates. Tickets purchased after February 12, 2017 have an expiration of December 31, 2018. At that time, you would lose the value of the ticket and it would no longer be valid for admission. If you are unable to use your ticket prior to December 31, 2018, please contact us after that date and we may be able to assist you. Should you have any further questions. please let me know!

Oh well that's interesting. I *swear I read something from Disney itself that stated the tickets would retain value toward new tickets. Of course I can't find it now.

If I buy an AP online through the WDW website today, am I able to book fastpasses before I activate it when I go in August? I have a resort reservation at Animal Kingdom Lodge, so am I able to book the fastpasses at the normal 60 day deadline?

If I buy an AP online through the WDW website today, am I able to book fastpasses before I activate it when I go in August? I have a resort reservation at Animal Kingdom Lodge, so am I able to book the fastpasses at the normal 60 day deadline?

Yes, just link the AP to yourself when you purchase it and you should be good to book FP+ at your 60 day mark.

Every guest staying at a Disney hotel will receive a magicband upon arrival, even if I have an AP instead of buying tickets? Will I be able to personalise it on the app (like, choose a color or write my name on it)?

1. Every guest staying at a Disney hotel will receive a magicband upon arrival, even if I have an AP instead of buying tickets?
2. Will I be able to personalise it on the app (like, choose a color or write my name on it)?
1. Yes. (If you are from the USA, you'll get them sent to you in advance.)
2. Yes.

Sooo after following along-
Pre price increase tickets, Daughter starting college program in August:
Is it even worth the hassle of waiting until she is able to use a CM discount to upgrade the tix to an AP? Or will that just blow up a brain somewhere? I am prepared to NOT being able to use her discount to upgrade...

I've posted here once before, but I'm going to post again because my math was way off last time around. We are arriving in about 2 weeks and I'd like to buy Disney gift cards in advance to pay for my ticket upgrade, so I really want to try to figure out about how much I'll need.

I purchased 7 day PH from UT pre-price increase (2 adult and 1 child). We want to upgrade all 3 tickets to Platinum APs. If I'm reading correctly I should calculate using pre-increase prices as follows:

Adult
7 day PH - $467.54
Platinum AP - $829.64
Difference - $362.10

Child
7 day PH - $446.24
Platinum AP - $829.64
Difference - $383.40

So, to upgrade all 3 of the tickets we are looking at $1,107.60.
I know it's just math, but would someone mind checking my numbers and making sure I'm using the correct figures. I did this math a while back, but I must have used an incorrect price someplace because I was calculating about $200 less in total. I'm find with the $1100.00. Just want to make sure it's accurate.

I am in a similar situation except that my tickets are 7 day base tickets. Are people saying that using the numbers above from AllEars (for me the adult is $394.05 and child is $372.75) will still be argued by the cast members. Or are people just trying to get the old price bridging rules? I have my receipt from UCT stating exactly what I paid them for each ticket, so I certainly wouldn't accept a credit less than that, regardless of that "UCT paid." Right?

I am in a similar situation except that my tickets are 7 day base tickets.
1. Are people saying that using the numbers above from AllEars (for me the adult is $394.05 and child is $372.75) will still be argued by the cast members.
2. Or are people just trying to get the old price bridging rules?
3. I have my receipt from UCT stating exactly what I paid them for each ticket,
4. so I certainly wouldn't accept a credit less than that, regardless of that "UCT paid." Right?

1. Not "argued." That is the correct procedure.
2. Guests would LIKE to get the former procedure. Some are.
But, some are getting a WRONG (too high) price, based on a wrong CM procedure.
And, in the worst cases, the CMs doing it incorrectly are being inflexible about helping the guest.
3. OK.
4. Correct. What UT paid to Disney should not figure into the upgrade procedure.
Nor should what YOU paid UT for the tickets, for that matter.
(But, at least what you paid gives you a "baseline" for making a judgement about the price.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter