• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

He should create a MyDisneyExperience account that includes all guests going on this trip.
Then, he should order the tickets FROM (via) that MDX account.
The tickets will almost immediately automatically "appear" in that MDX account.
He can order the actual tickets be shipped to him, or he can order them "Will Call" (and pick up the tickets at any ticket booth once at WDW.)
Or, if he is staying at a WDW resort, he'll get MagicBands and no hard tickets will be needed.

Perfect - this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

When will the ticket expiration date shift from 12/31/18 to 12/31/19?

Looks like it may have done so, already.
It depends on which (and where) ticket "disclaimer info" you read from Disney.

Count on a new date when the ticket prices go up... whenever that may be.

1. Why do you say "within the next 20 months or so"?
2. on't tickets bought now need to be first used by December 31, 2018 or pay additional for gate price (if unused)?
3. I'd like to buy tickets today that won't be used until at least Feb. 2019
4. but this is what I read on disneygo.com. "Multi-day tickets are valid for one theme park per day for each day of the ticket. The first use must be on or before December 31, 2018."

1. I struggled with how to word it when trying to tell guests generic info. I don't know WHEN those guests may decide to buy tickets.
They might have been reading my posts and bought a ticket 8 months ago, or so, and their tickets would not expire until Dec. 31, 2018.
That's within about 20 months.
2. Yup.
3. That MIGHT already be possible...
4. That disclaimer actually does say, "on or before December 31, 2019" on certain sections of the WDW ticket site.

You can CALL Disney to order your tickets and ask when you're ready to buy.

Last edited:

1. I struggled with how to word it when trying to tell guests generic info. I don't know WHEN those guests may decide to buy tickets.
They might have been reading my posts and bought a ticket 8 months ago, or so, and their tickets would not expire until Dec. 31, 2018.
That's within about 20 months.
2. Yup.
3. That MIGHT already be possible...
4. That disclaimer actually does say, "on or before December 31, 2019" on certain sections of the WDW ticket site.

You can CALL Disney to order your tickets and ask when you're ready to buy.

Got it, thanks Robo!

thanks everyone for posting about the possible increase. we have ap's but going with our son and his girlfriend and just bought their park hoppers. i knew it would have annoyed me to no end if i waited and the price increased. disney is pricey enough as it is. can't wait to go with them as it is her first trip to disney EVER!

When will the ticket expiration date shift from 12/31/18 to 12/31/19?

Just called Disney inquiring about the expiration of tickets sold currently and she agreed they hadn't changed the date to 12-31-19 yet and probably wouldn't until the end of February. So take that with a grain of salt, I'm gonna continue to check disney.go.com. :surfweb:

Just called Disney inquiring about the expiration of tickets sold currently and she agreed they hadn't changed the date to 12-31-19 yet and probably wouldn't until the end of February. So take that with a grain of salt, I'm gonna continue to check disney.go.com. :surfweb:

A screen grab from a few days ago from the official WDW tickets site shows the first use-by date of "Dec. 31, 2019."
(Posted below)

HOWEVER, we still don't know the whys and wherefores of any of this, one way or the other.
Disney's site and CM info is lacking (which is, sadly, nothing new.)
Exp 2019.png

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been raised before but the T***ing P***s has this on their website, and it would appear to contradict what is at the beginning of this thread.

In March 2014, Disney changed its policy for upgrading third-party tickets purchased prior to a Disney price increase. If, after Disney raises its ticket prices, you want to upgrade a ticket purchased before the increase, you must first pay the difference between what you paid for your ticket and Disney's current price for that same ticket. Once you do that, you'll pay the current price for whatever upgrade you want.

Are they incorrect?

Apologies if this has been raised before but the T***ing P***s has this on their website, and it would appear to contradict what is at the beginning of this thread.

In March 2014, Disney changed its policy for upgrading third-party tickets purchased prior to a Disney price increase. If, after Disney raises its ticket prices, you want to upgrade a ticket purchased before the increase, you must first pay the difference between what you paid for your ticket and Disney's current price for that same ticket. Once you do that, you'll pay the current price for whatever upgrade you want.

Are they incorrect?

They are incorrect.

March 2014 ?? That's a heck of a long time ago.
(The BIG change came in Feb. of 2017. Less than a year ago.)

By the way, you don't have to hide the name of the site www.touringplans.com

Last edited:
HOWEVER, we still don't know the whys and wherefores of any of this, one way or the other.
Disney's site and CM info is lacking (which is, sadly, nothing new.)

Exactly. Here is the exact same screen shot today.

Attachments

• 24AE90A8-830B-4F83-9574-3753E7335C9D.png
    24AE90A8-830B-4F83-9574-3753E7335C9D.png
    138 KB · Views: 16
Are you able to make fast passes ahead of time on expired tickets or do you have to visit Guest Services at DW first?

1. Are you able to make fast passes ahead of time on expired tickets
2. or do you have to visit Guest Services at DW first?
1. Nope.

2. I don't understand that part of the question.
If you don't currently have any valid tickets, you can order new tickets, in advance, from Disney or any of the authorized ticket sellers and link those new tickets to your MDX account and then book FP+ in advance of your trip.

1. Nope.

2. I don't understand that part of the question.

You can still use expired tickets, you just need to pay the difference in price if there is a price increase, so I figured you would need to visit guest services to upgrade your ticket, then you would be able to use your fast passes. Is this correct?

You can still use expired tickets, you just need to pay the difference in price if there is a price increase, so I figured you would need to visit guest services to upgrade your ticket, then you would be able to use your fast passes. Is this correct?

Oh, I see what you're asking...
I think we all need a better word than "expired" to cover these kind of discussions.

You're asking about tickets that have never been used, but have gone past the "must first be used by" date.

We don't know for sure, but based on many other situations, it is unlikely that a guest could book advanced FP+ on media that is past its "use-by date."

More later.

Oh, I see what you're asking...
I think we all need a better word than "expired" to cover these kind of discussions.

You're asking about tickets that have never been used, but have gone past the "must first be used by" date.

We don't know for sure, but based on many other situations, it is unlikely that a guest could book advanced FP+ on media that is past its "use-by date."

More later.

Thanks. I figured that was the case. I just wanted to double check. As long as I can book them once I visit Guest services.

Thanks. I figured that was the case. I just wanted to double check. As long as I can book them once I visit Guest services.

This situation is not fully known, because the tickets we are discussing have only been issued starting less than year ago.
None of them have yet reached their "use-by-date."

Once a never-used ticket has gone past its "use-by-date," it is no longer a valid ticket.
So, it would be unlikely that it being in a guest's MDX account would allow the pre-booking of FP+.
It is not a ticket that is "unactivated" (like an AP certificate,) but it is simply a "dead ticket."
The ticket was already activated. New tickets (unlike APs) are always "activated" when purchased.
What will be the case with these "past their use-by date" tickets is that they are no longer valid as tickets.
What it CAN be used for is having its original purchase price (Disney price on the day it was minted)
applied to the purchase of a completely separate and new ticket.

Your assertion about "visiting Guest Services" (actually, it would be Guest Relations) is not exactly a remedy, per se,
(as it would be for, say, activating an AP certificate) but going to Guest Relations or any ticket booth would
be a place where you could purchase a new ticket and use the value of the "expired" (there's that imprecise word again)
never-used ticket to help pay for the new ticket's purchase.

(Difficult to discuss with so many ambiguous terms in the descriptions.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter