• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So i think i found a problem with my ticket plan! i was going to buy an UT ticket to use for our dec trip. Upgrade while there to an annual pass, we are going again at the end of January. I am going to be SOL with fast passes for January! my fastpasses will go on the ticket days for dec and because its not an AP yet i wont be able to make them for the Jan trip. I am right here....right? is my only option to buy the AP direct from disney?
You’re right.

Am I still able to buy 2 day passes for WDW? I only see 1, 3 or 4 day passes on the website.

Am I still able to buy 2 day passes for WDW? I only see 1, 3 or 4 day passes on the website.
Are you visiting the Disney website from a computer in Florida (or logged into an account that tells Disney it is based in Florida)? If so make sure to click on the "Products and Prices for All Guests" option near the top of the page.

Are you visiting the Disney website from a computer in Florida (or logged into an account that tells Disney it is based in Florida)? If so make sure to click on the "Products and Prices for All Guests" option near the top of the page.

Yes! I live in Fort Lauderdale and was looking at the Resident passes. Thank you.

1. That is an expensive way to buy/use tickets. It is seldom wise to use more than one ticket per multi-day trip.**
2. Sounds like the MDX knows that he have 6m days worth of tickets.
3. MDX is so notoriously GLITHY, I'd not worry too much about what it "shows."
(Check the MDX phone app and see what it shows.)
4. OK, however, did not that ticket cost nearly $100, by itself?**
5. Ticket Priority is handled by WDW Guest Relations at any of the parks and Disney Springs.
6. You can try making "test" FP+ reservations for multiple days. You will be able to book FP+ only on the number of days
that you have valid tickets.
Otherwise, you can ask at a ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW.

**Where/when did you buy that one-day ticket?
There should be a much better way to use that one-day ticket to its best advantage, and just upgrade the 5-day PH for
actual use on this trip.

Robo....thanks..... I did not even think of upgrading the 5-day PH ticket...duh....
The one-day base ticket I believe is a "leftover" from a very old ticket that was converted to plastic the last time we were at WDW and is not assigned to anyone.

Robo....thanks..... I did not even think of upgrading the 5-day PH ticket...duh....
The one-day base ticket I believe is a "leftover" from a very old ticket that was converted to plastic the last time we were at WDW and is not assigned to anyone.
So I do not know if it is showing in Disney's system as a brand-new ticket (never used) or not - so I don't know if it would be upgradable later.

So I do not know if it is showing in Disney's system as a brand-new ticket (never used) or not - so I don't know if it would be upgradable later.
Regardless, even if used as-is as a one-day ticket, it is easily worth well over $100 (depending on the date and at which park it would be used.)
You never know when that ticket might be just what is needed.

Whereas, adding a 6th day to your 5-Day Hopper costs...
$10.

Regardless, even if used as-is as a one-day ticket, it is easily worth well over $100 (depending on the date and at which park it would be used.)
You never know when that ticket might be just what is needed.

Whereas, adding a 6th day to your 5-Day Hopper costs...
$10.

Ok! Gotcha! Thanks a bunch. That will be our plan then and I think I will be able to "reassign" that 1-day ticket in MDE to a "ficticious" person to hide it away until we need it. It shows an option of "reassign" in the phone app, so I am assuming that reassignment can indeed be done.

Robo, do you know if I can upgrade it before getting there?? If not, I guess I should keep it on his account until we can upgrade the 5-day to 6-day in order to keep the Fastpasses we have for that sixth day -- then I can switch the one-day ticket over??

Ok! Gotcha! Thanks a bunch. That will be our plan then and I think I will be able to "reassign" that 1-day ticket in MDE to a "ficticious" person to hide it away until we need it.
1. It shows an option of "reassign" in the phone app, so I am assuming that reassignment can indeed be done. Robo,
2. do you know if I can upgrade it before getting there?? If not,
3. I guess I should keep it on his account until we can upgrade the 5-day to 6-day in order to keep the Fastpasses we have for that sixth day --
4. then I can switch the one-day ticket over??
1. That's a good assumption.
2. You can call and ask nicely. But, as you say...
3. Yes.
4. Correct. (The pre-booked FPs will stay in your account, even as you change the tickets.)

Question: regarding activating tickets from a package a couple days (2 days to be exact) prior to check in, is that an easy, kinda tap and go, process at Disney Spring's Guest Relation? Or would it be a complicated process that will take a lot of time?? Just want to get an idea so I can plan my trip. TIA!

Question: regarding activating tickets from a package a couple days (2 days to be exact) prior to check in, is that an easy, kinda tap and go, process at Disney Spring's Guest Relation? Or would it be a complicated process that will take a lot of time?? Just want to get an idea so I can plan my trip. TIA!
Should be easy.
Any delay would be due to other guests in line ahead of you,
(No way to know how many other guests might be there at any given time.)

Can I have another person exchange my old 2003 Park Hopper tickets for current ticket media for me?

I have 4 PHs from 2003, each of which have 1-2 unused days on them. I have emailed Disney with scans of the tickets and the required information to confirm this for me. We are planning a family trip in August. I understand that in order to use these old passes for admission, we have to exchange them for current ticket media in person when we arrive at WDW, so we will not be able to make any FP+ reservations on these tickets in advance of our trip. If a trusted friend goes to WDW before our trip, could I have that person exchange the old tickets for current tickets for me, then make our FP+ reservations using these tickets? Do tickets from 2003 have to be exchanged by the person who originally used the tickets, or were those passes not tied to a particular person? The passes are plastic with no bar code or name on them, but there is a magnetic strip on the top of each card.

A complicating factor is that one of those old tickets is a child's ticket, and that child is now a teen/young adult. Would a friend be able to exchange that ticket for a current adult ticket for us, or would my son need to be there in order to do this? We also now have a 5 year-old son. If the child ticket could not be exchanged for an adult ticket without our older son there, could we just use the child ticket for our youngest son?

As an alternative, could one person in our family use several of these old tickets (once exchanged for current passes) to gain park admission for 4 days? If Disney cannot tell us which family member each of these passes is associated with, then there is no way for us to know either, so I would like to use them in a way that would give us the most value. I know that using multiple passes for one person's admission for several days would be more economical than buying each person 2-3-day passes, then using the balance of these old passes for the remaining days.

Thanks for any information any of you can provide!

Hi everyone

So fast pass day is in a few weeks and I’m staying on site.

I can save 30 bucks by getting the magic your way ticket from undercover tourist.

Can I get two tickets from there and right away link then to my Disney experience?

Also, similar to when buying from Disney direct, can I add hopper in the future by calling Disney?

Thanks

Can I have another person exchange my old 2003 Park Hopper tickets for current ticket media for me?

I have 4 PHs from 2003, each of which have 1-2 unused days on them. I have emailed Disney with scans of the tickets and the required information to confirm this for me. We are planning a family trip in August. I understand that in order to use these old passes for admission, we have to exchange them for current ticket media in person when we arrive at WDW, so we will not be able to make any FP+ reservations on these tickets in advance of our trip. If a trusted friend goes to WDW before our trip, could I have that person exchange the old tickets for current tickets for me, then make our FP+ reservations using these tickets? Do tickets from 2003 have to be exchanged by the person who originally used the tickets, or were those passes not tied to a particular person? The passes are plastic with no bar code or name on them, but there is a magnetic strip on the top of each card.

1. A complicating factor is that one of those old tickets is a child's ticket, and that child is now a teen/young adult. Would a friend be able to exchange that ticket for a current adult ticket for us, or would my son need to be there in order to do this? We also now have a 5 year-old son.
2. If the child ticket could not be exchanged for an adult ticket without our older son there, could we just use the child ticket for our youngest son?

3. As an alternative, could one person in our family use several of these old tickets (once exchanged for current passes) to gain park admission for 4 days? If Disney cannot tell us which family member each of these passes is associated with, then there is no way for us to know either, so I would like to use them in a way that would give us the most value. I know that using multiple passes for one person's admission for several days would be more economical than buying each person 2-3-day passes, then using the balance of these old passes for the remaining days.

Thanks for any information any of you can provide!

1. No need to exchange the child's ticket for an adult version in advance.
As long as the old media was exchanged for new media, the child's ticket could be used to pre-book FP+,
and then, when you do arrive, that's when the child-to-adult ticket exchange can be done.
(FPs would survive.)

2. Yes.

3. Unofficially, yes.

Hi everyone

So fast pass day is in a few weeks and I’m staying on site.

I can save 30 bucks by getting the magic your way ticket from undercover tourist.

1. Can I get two tickets from there and right away link then to my Disney experience?

2. Also, similar to when buying from Disney direct, can I add hopper in the future by calling Disney?

1. Yes. (I'd just buy "e-tickets" which are emailed to you.)
2. I don't understand the question.
Regardless, having a Hopper, does not affect pre-booking FP, so there's no need to
worry about adding that feature in advance.

1. Yes. (I'd just buy "e-tickets" which are emailed to you.)
2. I don't understand the question.
Regardless, having a Hopper, does not affect pre-booking FP, so there's no need to
worry about adding that feature in advance.

Etickets come instantly right?

When you buy a 6 day ticket lets say from Disneyworld.com, that is not a hopper, you can always upgrade it to a hopper in the future

I am just making sure I can do that with a ticket not bought from Disney directly.

1. Etickets come instantly right?

2. When you buy a 6 day ticket lets say from Disneyworld.com, that is not a hopper, you can always upgrade it to a hopper in the future

3. I am just making sure I can do that with a ticket not bought from Disney directly.

1. If not "instantly," very soon.
2. Yes. In-person at WDW is the easiest way.
3. Yes. In-person at WDW.

I bought a Florida resident four day ticket, not the discover Disney. Can i add a fifth day to those tickets once i enter the park?

I bought a Florida resident four day ticket, not the discover Disney. Can i add a fifth day to those tickets once i enter the park?

there is no Florida resident five-day ticket. you can upgrade, but you'll pay the full price difference between the FL 4-day and the tourist 5-day, and it will gain the tourist 14-days-after-first-use expiration period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter