• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

there is no Florida resident five-day ticket. you can upgrade, but you'll pay the full price difference between the FL 4-day and the tourist 5-day, and it will gain the tourist 14-days-after-first-use expiration period.
Thanks!

Let me make sure I am thinking this right.

- no price bridging allowed with florida tickets to add an extra day after you first use it?
- we can add the park hopper after we first use the ticket though (not before we use it?)

Thanks!

Let me make sure I am thinking this right.

- no price bridging allowed with florida tickets to add an extra day after you first use it?
- we can add the park hopper after we first use the ticket though (not before we use it?)

Using a ticket before upgrading does not affect either the ability to upgrade, nor the price.

Using part of a ticket before upgrading is fine, but it doesn't "help" the upgrade, nor does it have any impact on the price of the upgrade.

Using a ticket before upgrading does not affect either the ability to upgrade, nor the price.

Using part of a ticket before upgrading is fine, but it doesn't "help" the upgrade, nor does it have any impact on the price of the upgrade.
Well in my case I already bought the 4 day tickets so I don't think I can upgrade to park hopper before I use it.

Is the first part correct?

I have a couple of questions I can’t see answers for. We are looking at getting annual passes for the first time for our trip Int September as also planning on going in May 2019. I’m a bit unclear over a few th8ngs and wanted to check:
  • Once we’ve purchased, can we add to magic band before we get to the park or not? If we can does this class as the activation date when we add it?
  • Is there a way to book special event tickets before activating the pass? We are going during food and wine and wanted to do a few special even5 some of which we think might do annual pass discount but obviously at booking time we won’t have activated the tickets although can/would purchase already if this gave a discount.

Well in my case I already bought the 4 day tickets so I don't think I can upgrade to park hopper before I use it.

Is the first part correct?

You can upgrade a ticket before you use it.
It will cost the same amount, regardless of when you upgrade it.

The system of upgrading and the cost can be found in the Ticket Sticky HERE.

We are looking at getting annual passes...
  • 1. Once we’ve purchased, can we add to magic band before we get to the park or not?
  • 2. If we can does this class as the activation date when we add it?
  • 3. Is there a way to book special event tickets before activating the pass? We are going during food and wine and wanted to do a few special even5 some of which we think might do annual pass discount but obviously at booking time we won’t have activated the tickets although can/would purchase already if this gave a discount.
1. Nothing is ever "added to" a MagicBand.
You add items (like tickets or APs) to your MyDisneyExperience (MDX) account.
A MagicBand can then ACCESS those things in your MDX (like a ticket or AP or FastPass) when the MB is scanned.
(And, yes, your new AP can be connected to your MDX account before you enter a park.)
2. A new AP only starts "counting down" its year of use on the date it is first USED for entry at a park gate.
It does not get "activated" when it is purchased or when it is connected to your MDX account.
If you are going to be using a new AP for the first time, all adults with an AP must go to a Guest Relations or ticket booth and show a legal photo ID before that AP can be used at the gate (MB or not.)
3. Yes.

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway.

This is my second trip since the magic bands came out. Will they send new bands to me?

This might be a dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway.

This is my second trip since the magic bands came out. Will they send new bands to me?

If you are staying at a WDW resort, then yes.

(Your MDX account will give you the option of customizing the new ones or
even the option of refusing the new ones, if you don't want new ones.)

What if I want to upgrade my silver ap to gold on the monthly payment plan?

From what I've seen, you may have to pay in full (no more payments) at the time of the upgrade.

But, that might not be the case.
Call and ask WDW ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat.

If you are staying at a WDW resort, then yes.

(Your MDX account will give you the option of customizing the new ones or
even the option of refusing the new ones, if you don't want new ones.)

Thank you. I figured they would and I did the customization today but wanted to double check

It is time for my renewal for our AP. We currently have a Silver AP that expires on the 20th.

We also have a bounce back package (w/4 day park hopper) booked for December, during what would be blackout dates on either Silver or Gold.

If I am doing quick math - I could add the cost of the 4 day hopper to say the Silver AP and get an idea of what I am paying for tickets in total.

If that quick math is accurate, it would be most cost effective for me to buy a Platinum AP - no blackouts and cancel the BB offer in its current state. In addition to that I would get MM to use on all visits.

Just want to see if I am top line thinking thru correctly.

thx

It is time for my renewal for our AP. We currently have a Silver AP that expires on the 20th.

We also have a bounce back package (w/4 day park hopper) booked for December, during what would be blackout dates on either Silver or Gold.

If I am doing quick math - I could add the cost of the 4 day hopper to say the Silver AP and get an idea of what I am paying for tickets in total.

If that quick math is accurate, it would be most cost effective for me to buy a Platinum AP - no blackouts and cancel the BB offer in its current state. In addition to that I would get MM to use on all visits.

Just want to see if I am top line thinking thru correctly.

thx

(For those reading along, we are discussing Florida Resident tickets.)

The difference between a Silver AP and a Platinum AP is $290.00.
(And, yes, you'd get a year of MM/PhotoPass so that cost would factor in to a large degree.)

The cost of a 4-day Hopper is $216.50.

BTW, even though it is possible to renew your current AP
(and CHANGE it to the Platinum for the next year and still get the renewal discount rate)
I would NOT renew the current AP at this time,
but instead, wait and buy a new Platinum AP 60 days before (for booking FP+) your Dec. trip dates.

All prices, plus tax.

Last edited:
1. Nothing is ever "added to" a MagicBand.
You add items (like tickets or APs) to your MyDisneyExperience (MDX) account.
A MagicBand can then ACCESS those things in your MDX (like a ticket or AP or FastPass) when the MB is scanned.
(And, yes, your new AP can be connected to your MDX account before you enter a park.)
Thanks. As said in my question I was checking it we could add it as I understand it wont automatically be added. My query was regarding if it could be added in advance of it being activated which you also answered so thank you :D. Sorry I wasn't clear. Can I just check, how do you add it to your magic band? Do you just add the voucher code or do you have to wait to get the pass from guest services? We are from the UK so wont be able to do this until we get to the park on our first day
2. A new AP only starts "counting down" its year of use on the date it is first USED for entry at a park gate.
It does not get "activated" when it is purchased or when it is connected to your MDX account.
If you are going to be using a new AP for the first time, all adults with an AP must go to a Guest Relations or ticket booth and show a legal photo ID before that AP can be used at the gate (MB or not.)
3. Yes.

Thanks so much! This is exactly what we wanted to check :D

Last edited:
Thanks. As said in my question I was checking it we could add it as I understand it wont automatically be added. My query was regarding if it could be added in advance of it being activated which you also answered so thank you :D. Sorry I wasn't clear.

1. Can I just check, how do you add it to your magic band?
2. Do you just add the voucher code
3. or do you have to wait to get the pass from guest services?
4. We are from the UK so wont be able to do this until we get to the park on our first day
1. Again, you don't (you CAN'T) add anything to your MagicBand.
A MB is not used or needed at all before your trip.
It just a convenient tool that can be used at WDW.
You add things (like tickets) to your MyDisneyExperience account.
2. If you order your AP directly from Disney via your MDX account, your
AP/ticket will automatically appear in the MDX account when you buy it.
3. No. You can (in one way or another) get your purchased AP/tickets loaded into your MDX
in advance in time to make your FP+ reservations.
4. If you have MagicBands, you won't ever have to convert the vouchers to actual tickets.
You should not have any trouble adding your AP/tickets to your MDX.
If you do, come back here for more info.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
(For those reading along, we are discussing Florida Resident tickets.)

The difference between a Silver AP and a Platinum AP is $290.00.
(And, yes, you'd get a year of MM/PhotoPass so that cost would factor in to a large degree.)

The cost of a 4-day Hopper is $216.50.

BTW, even though it is possible to renew your current AP
(and CHANGE it to the Platinum for the next year and still get the renewal discount rate)
I would NOT renew the current AP at this time,
but instead, wait and buy a new Platinum AP 60 days before (for booking FP+) your Dec. trip dates.

All prices, plus tax.

ok so the math works for me to upgrade to Platinum once I include the Dec tix and Memory Maker.

Noted on the waiting, but what I did not mention is that we go for a few days in the fall for Food and Wine. And I was thinking I may run up for a few days to check out Toy Story Land. With that being said I think it's best to renew when I am there this week and take advantage of the discount????

Thank you Robo!!!!

what I did not mention is that we go for a few days in the fall for Food and Wine. And I was thinking I may run up for a few days to check out Toy Story Land. With that being said I think it's best to renew when I am there this week and take advantage of the discount????

Generally, it is most advantageous to RENEW an AP if you will actually be USING the renewed AP within 2 months of the renewal date.
(The renewal discount is equivalent to about 2 months of an AP "year of use.")

Otherwise, it can make more sense to not renew, but to wait and buy a NEW AP when you do make your next trip, and get a full new year of use from the new AP.

If you will be making a WDW visit during the first two months of the renewed AP,
by all means, you should renew it.
And, you CAN get the "renewal rate" on the more expensive AP that you are considering.

Generally, it is most advantageous to RENEW an AP if you will actually be USING the renewed AP within 2 months of the renewal date.
(The renewal discount is equivalent to about 2 months of an AP "year of use.")

Otherwise, it can make more sense to not renew, but to wait and buy a NEW AP when you do make your next trip, and get a full new year of use from the new AP.

If you will be making a WDW visit during the first two months of the renewed AP,
by all means, you should renew it.
And, you CAN get the "renewal rate" on the more expensive AP that you are considering.

Perfect info. Will check my calendar and see what I see. Thank you so much

1. Again, you don't (you CAN'T) add anything to your MagicBand.
A MB is not used or needed at all before your trip.
It just a convenient tool that can be used at WDW.
You add things (like tickets) to your MyDisneyExperience account.
2. If you order your AP directly from Disney via your MDX account, your
AP/ticket will automatically appear in the MDX account when you buy it.
3. No. You can (in one way or another) get your purchased AP/tickets loaded into your MDX
in advance in time to make your FP+ reservations.
4. If you have MagicBands, you won't ever have to convert the vouchers to actual tickets.
You should not have any trouble adding your AP/tickets to your

Thanks for all your help you are a star. Hopefully the last question, how does the free parking work? Do our tickets need to be activated to get it or do we show our voucher the first day we go to the parks?

Last edited:
how does the free parking work? Do our tickets need to be activated to get it or do we show our voucher the first day we go to the parks?
If you are staying at a WDW resort, you just show your Magic Band at the theme park parking lot gate,
and you can park free.

If you are NOT staying at a WDW resort and will be using your AP to get free parking...
Tell the CM at the parking gate that you are activating a new AP.
If he lets you in free, great!
But, if he charges you for the parking, just keep the receipt and when you activate the AP, show the CM the parking receipt and
the CM will reimburse you for the parking fee.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter