Wow.
So sorry that happened.
Some CMs do not have the proper training to know the difference between "resort pkg." tickets
and "bought directly from Disney" tickets.
Tickets purchased via an WDW Resort Package absolutely can be price-bridged.

From many past reports, it is possible for this kind of situation to be remedied after-the-fact.
If you are still at WDW, go to another Guest Relations and explain.

If you have returned home
call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Explain all of the details of when and where this happened and ask (nicely) if
the problem can be fixed.

Please report back with your results.

Thank you Robo. We tried Guest Relations outside and inside MK with the same results, each time talking with a CM and their supervisor. Plus inside MK we talked to someone who is supposedly the supervisor’s supervisor. Everyone was firm that this is not something they do. They said they can no longer bridge tickets period. The old ticket prices are no longer in the system. Additionally we’ve learned that they have noted us as an “exception granted” each of the 5 previous years we’ve done this so they really seem to think we are trying to scam the system (and explains why we were treated as such.) Each one of the supervisors referenced these notes in our file.

They insisted that the best they could give us for the age 10+ 10 day hopper was $420.89 and $404.70 for the 3-9 ticket. From the Allears archive these should be $553.80 and $532.50 respectively.

We’ve already wasted 3 hours of vacation time on this and have been left feeling like criminals. Plus both of my kids have anxiety disorders and are now as stressed as I am based on what they’ve seen and heard. Maybe I’ll call when I get home in a few days. But right now based on how I was talked to, I’m not exactly feeling the magic. For the first time in 6 years, we will be leaving Florida without renewing our passes. Makes me sad.

1. We’ve already wasted 3 hours of vacation time on this
2. and have been left feeling like criminals. Plus both of my kids have anxiety disorders and are now as stressed as I am based on what they’ve seen and heard.
3. Maybe I’ll call when I get home in a few days. But right now based on how I was talked to, I’m not exactly feeling the magic. For the first time in 6 years, we will be leaving Florida without renewing our passes. Makes me sad.
1. That is very disappointing.
2. I hope that you mean that you feel like the CM's are THINKING you may be trying to scam them.
And NOT that YOU YOURSELF feel like a criminal.
Since you know that you are NOT a scammer and are NOT criminal, then there's certainly no reason
to think ill of YOURSELF.
(Put the "feelings" back on those CMs who are the culprits in this.)
3. Hope so.
Let us know.
Now, have fun on the rest of your trip!

Last edited:
1. That is very disappointing.
2. I hope that you mean that you feel like the CM's are THINKING you may be trying to scam them.
And NOT that YOU don't YOURSELF feel like a criminal.
Since you know that you are NOT a scammer and are NOT criminal, then there's certainly no reason
to think ill of YOURSELF.
(Put the "feelings" back on those CMs who are the culprits in this.)
3. Hope so.
Let us know.
Now, have fun on the rest of your trip!

You’re right. I know I am not a criminal or a scammer but I feel like that’s how we were being treated by all 3 supervisors we talked with, based on these notes in the system that said they told us this was an exception ever year for the past 5 years. It very clearly colored how they talked to us and what they were willing to hear from us.

I know we will probably renew our APs regardless because who are we kidding? The mouse totally owns us, but right now I feel sick to my stomach and I just want to go home. Trying to pull it together and enjoy our last 3 days here.

You’re right. I know I am not a criminal or a scammer but I feel like that’s how we were being treated by all 3 supervisors we talked with, based on these notes in the system that said they told us this was an exception ever year for the past 5 years. It very clearly colored how they talked to us and what they were willing to hear from us.

I know we will probably renew our APs regardless because who are we kidding? The mouse totally owns us, but right now I feel sick to my stomach and I just want to go home. Trying to pull it together and enjoy our last 3 days here.

Have you tried upgrading your tickets in the MDE app? Not sure if that works with old tickets.

Have you tried upgrading your tickets in the MDE app? Not sure if that works with old tickets.

I didn’t try it before because I didn’t think MDE could handle the more complicated process of applying an unused ticket towards an existing AP renewal. And now I can’t do anything since the CM “accidently” deleted our tickets. There’s nothing there now. I only have a gift card for the disputed amount of the tickets’ value.

I honestly don’t know what to do. I can keep trying to find someone who knows what I’m talking about but more than likely, I will continue to encounter more CMs that don’t understand, resulting in more frustration and more “notes” going on my account about what an obnoxious guest I am. I feel like I cannot win, despite believing I am right, because the “but someone on the internet said it” argument isn’t going to hold up at Guest Relations. I have no ammo in this argument. They have the upper hand. I just need to decide if I truly want to break up with WDW over this.

I honestly don’t know what to do
Snuggly:
Link your gift cards to disneygiftcard.com and screenshot the totals on them.

Use them towards your AP renewal if that’s what you decide.

Then, when you return home and have time, send in your original package ticket info, the screenshots of the gift cards, and the amount you needed to pay out of pocket for the AP renewals.

Disney will have your package ticket info because it’s in your “history.” Explain how the ticket pricing wasn’t “bridged” by showing the gift card screenshots. Disney will have those amounts on record too.

Because you are a current AP, the AP Help Desk may be of greater assistance than regular ticketing.

I didn’t try it before because I didn’t think MDE could handle the more complicated process of applying an unused ticket towards an existing AP renewal. And now I can’t do anything since the CM “accidently” deleted our tickets. There’s nothing there now. I only have a gift card for the disputed amount of the tickets’ value.

I honestly don’t know what to do. I can keep trying to find someone who knows what I’m talking about but more than likely, I will continue to encounter more CMs that don’t understand, resulting in more frustration and more “notes” going on my account about what an obnoxious guest I am. I feel like I cannot win, despite believing I am right, because the “but someone on the internet said it” argument isn’t going to hold up at Guest Relations. I have no ammo in this argument. They have the upper hand. I just need to decide if I truly want to break up with WDW over this.
Wow! That is insane. How can a gift card for the "value" of a "deleted ticket" that cannot be purchased for the same price today be adequate guest recovery!? I've read numerous posts on here about non-prioritized tickets being accidentally used and recovered. How could the "supervisor's supervisor" not recover the tickets? I am not doubting you AT ALL, I am just shocked and appalled by the CMs you have encountered. It sadly all depends on who you get. Maybe even try another park besides MK if you find the time?

I am so sorry this has all happened to you on your trip!

Thank you Robo. We tried Guest Relations outside and inside MK with the same results, each time talking with a CM and their supervisor. Plus inside MK we talked to someone who is supposedly the supervisor’s supervisor. Everyone was firm that this is not something they do. They said they can no longer bridge tickets period. The old ticket prices are no longer in the system. Additionally we’ve learned that they have noted us as an “exception granted” each of the 5 previous years we’ve done this so they really seem to think we are trying to scam the system (and explains why we were treated as such.) Each one of the supervisors referenced these notes in our file.

They insisted that the best they could give us for the age 10+ 10 day hopper was $420.89 and $404.70 for the 3-9 ticket. From the Allears archive these should be $553.80 and $532.50 respectively.

We’ve already wasted 3 hours of vacation time on this and have been left feeling like criminals. Plus both of my kids have anxiety disorders and are now as stressed as I am based on what they’ve seen and heard. Maybe I’ll call when I get home in a few days. But right now based on how I was talked to, I’m not exactly feeling the magic. For the first time in 6 years, we will be leaving Florida without renewing our passes. Makes me sad.
I had a similar experience when trying to bridge tickets at MK last month. I understand how frustrating it can be.

Wow! That is insane. How can a gift card for the "value" of a "deleted ticket" that cannot be purchased for the same price today be adequate guest recovery!? I've read numerous posts on here about non-prioritized tickets being accidentally used and recovered. How could the "supervisor's supervisor" not recover the tickets? I am not doubting you AT ALL, I am just shocked and appalled by the CMs you have encountered. It sadly all depends on who you get. Maybe even try another park besides MK if you find the time?

In my case the fully used non-prioritized non expiring pass could not be recovered and so was replaced. They had to issue a new pass to me which does have an expiration date of 1/2020 but if I don't use it by then I will approach ticketing to ask them to help, and hopefully they will. If not, well, at least the value of that pass will apply to a new one.

Snuggly:
Link your gift cards to disneygiftcard.com and screenshot the totals on them.

Use them towards your AP renewal if that’s what you decide.

Then, when you return home and have time, send in your original package ticket info, the screenshots of the gift cards, and the amount you needed to pay out of pocket for the AP renewals.

Disney will have your package ticket info because it’s in your “history.” Explain how the ticket pricing wasn’t “bridged” by showing the gift card screenshots. Disney will have those amounts on record too.

Because you are a current AP, the AP Help Desk may be of greater assistance than regular ticketing.

Thank you. That’s my current plan. APs don’t expire until 1/28 so I’m not doing anything until we’re back home. I am truly shocked and appalled by how I was talked to yesterday and I don’t even want to be here anymore. I will craft a detailed letter and send it to someone higher up the chain in hopes they will actually try to research and resolve the issue correctly. Not renewing the APs is the only leverage I have now since the CM deleted the tickets and took away my ability to just walk away and try again later.

This is just my guess... because someone (or multiple someones) wrote a note/s in my profile that this bridging of package tickets was previously done as a one-time courtesy, the CMs and supervisors saw that and felt like they needed to stand firm. They weren’t going to go out of their way to help me based on their impression of me as someone who was trying to scam the system repeatedly. I wish I could have captured the facial expressions and tones of voice the supervisors used; they were just awful and unlike anything I’ve seen at Disney before.

They have a very convenient excuse with the ticketing changes that took place in October. They can easily just say that’s not possible anymore and I can’t dispute that because I don’t know how the systems work.

In my case the fully used non-prioritized non expiring pass could not be recovered and so was replaced. They had to issue a new pass to me which does have an expiration date of 1/2020 but if I don't use it by then I will approach ticketing to ask them to help, and hopefully they will. If not, well, at least the value of that pass will apply to a new one.

Good luck! I truly wish this wasn’t all so convoluted and that you could just rely on things working as they should.

Thank you. That’s my current plan. APs don’t expire until 1/28 so I’m not doing anything until we’re back home. I am truly shocked and appalled by how I was talked to yesterday and I don’t even want to be here anymore. I will craft a detailed letter and send it to someone higher up the chain in hopes they will actually try to research and resolve the issue correctly. Not renewing the APs is the only leverage I have now since the CM deleted the tickets and took away my ability to just walk away and try again later.

Enjoy your vacation time. Don’t let this situation ruin it. Hopefully you’re able to sort it all out after you get home.

When you renew your AP in advance (wanted to take advantage of Christmas money), do you need to do anything or does it just automatically change over on the correct date?

The new ticket system has me very confused.
I have 5-day hopper+water park passes purchased through Disney youth group for April 2019. We are going the week before Easter, so it is considered peak season for Tickets.
I paid $402/pass which is cheaper than what WDW sells them for. We decided to fly in a day early and I think we may want to add another park day while we are there.
Will I have to pay the difference between my 5-day ticket and WDW 5-day ticket before I can upgrade? Should I use my ticket first before I upgrade or doing it first?
Thanks

The new ticket system has me very confused.
I have 5-day hopper+water park passes purchased through Disney youth group...
We decided to fly in a day early and
1. I think we may want to add another park day while we are there.
2. Will I have to pay the difference between my 5-day ticket and WDW 5-day ticket before I can upgrade?
3. Should I use my ticket first before I upgrade or doing it first?
Since you have purchased what you describe as a "Disney youth group" ticket
and since I don't know, for sure, exactly what kind of ticket you actually have...
1. That may have to be a stand-alone full-price one-day ticket ($$$) in this case.
2. AFAIK, a special "youth ticket" cannot be upgraded at all.
(But, you can always "ask nicely.")
3. Use first or not, it doesn't matter, even if they do allow an upgrade.

If we have have 2 sets of Magic Bands active on MDE does it matter which ones we take with us?

If we have have 2 sets of Magic Bands active on MDE does it matter which ones we take with us?

Nope.
But, most guests who own multiple MBs take more than one set with them, just in case one gets lost (or they just want to wear a different MB on different days.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter