I didn’t try it before because I didn’t think MDE could handle the more complicated process of applying an unused ticket towards an existing AP renewal. And now I can’t do anything since the CM “accidently” deleted our tickets. There’s nothing there now. I only have a gift card for the disputed amount of the tickets’ value.

I honestly don’t know what to do. I can keep trying to find someone who knows what I’m talking about but more than likely, I will continue to encounter more CMs that don’t understand, resulting in more frustration and more “notes” going on my account about what an obnoxious guest I am. I feel like I cannot win, despite believing I am right, because the “but someone on the internet said it” argument isn’t going to hold up at Guest Relations. I have no ammo in this argument. They have the upper hand. I just need to decide if I truly want to break up with WDW over this.

I am sorry that you didn’t get the upgrade. I have had success in bridging tickets but I haven’t had any from a package. Mine have been ones that I bought through UT.

I had good experience adding a day on to a ticket for my son when we were down two weeks ago. It was a 5 day PH. I was only charged $15 to add one day to his ticket. I think I got lucky. Before we left I wasn’t even sure which ticket I was going to use for him. I also had a 6 day non hopper, last minute I decided to use the 5 day PH because I figured it would be less to add one day to that ticket than to add hopping to the 6 day.

Wow! That is insane. How can a gift card for the "value" of a "deleted ticket" that cannot be purchased for the same price today be adequate guest recovery!? I've read numerous posts on here about non-prioritized tickets being accidentally used and recovered. How could the "supervisor's supervisor" not recover the tickets? I am not doubting you AT ALL, I am just shocked and appalled by the CMs you have encountered. It sadly all depends on who you get. Maybe even try another park besides MK if you find the time?

I am so sorry this has all happened to you on your trip!
Did you eventually get it sorted out? I hope so!!
Nope, I really didn't. I went to three different Guest Relations, two at MK, and one at AK. I spoke with two different supervisors who all told me the same thing. When they scanned my UT 7 day PH ticket, they told me it was worth less than what I had paid for it. I figured it was the wholesale price that UT pays. I had a premium AP, but I wanted to renew to the DVC Gold AP. The finally agreed to credit me for what I had purchased the ticket from UT for. They acted like they were doing me a huge favor and I had to do it right then otherwise, I wouldn't even get the amount I paid for ticket back. I ended up just doing that even though I knew it wasn't the right price. I got the whole song and dance that they didn't have access to the old prices. They could only give me what I paid for my ticket. Since my AP was expiring, I ended up just paying more to renew. I could have gone to more guest relations, but I didn't want to waste my vacation time standing in line and the dealing with the hassle. I plan on calling ticketing this week, and if I get nowhere with them, I'll write a letter. Please report back what ends up happening with your tickets.

This is just my guess... because someone (or multiple someones) wrote a note/s in my profile that this bridging of package tickets was previously done as a one-time courtesy, the CMs and supervisors saw that and felt like they needed to stand firm. They weren’t going to go out of their way to help me based on their impression of me as someone who was trying to scam the system repeatedly. I wish I could have captured the facial expressions and tones of voice the supervisors used; they were just awful and unlike anything I’ve seen at Disney before.

They have a very convenient excuse with the ticketing changes that took place in October. They can easily just say that’s not possible anymore and I can’t dispute that because I don’t know how the systems work.

Wow! The last time I upgraded a MYW ticket was back in 2016 so I guess I should just try to avoid it in the future if Disney wants to hide behind a new ticket structure. Hopefully the e-mail to the higher power will get the right attention. It is sad it has to come to that. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Nope, I really didn't. I went to three different Guest Relations, two at MK, and one at AK. I spoke with two different supervisors who all told me the same thing. When they scanned my UT 7 day PH ticket, they told me it was worth less than what I had paid for it. I figured it was the wholesale price that UT pays. I had a premium AP, but I wanted to renew to the DVC Gold AP. The finally agreed to credit me for what I had purchased the ticket from UT for. They acted like they were doing me a huge favor and I had to do it right then otherwise, I wouldn't even get the amount I paid for ticket back. I ended up just doing that even though I knew it wasn't the right price. I got the whole song and dance that they didn't have access to the old prices. They could only give me what I paid for my ticket. Since my AP was expiring, I ended up just paying more to renew. I could have gone to more guest relations, but I didn't want to waste my vacation time standing in line and the dealing with the hassle. I plan on calling ticketing this week, and if I get nowhere with them, I'll write a letter. Please report back what ends up happening with your tickets.

Speaking of "the file" I wonder if they just write notes so the other CMs and supervisors just reiterate the same spiel? I completely understand not wanting to eat up your whole trip! I hope your letter also gets the right attention!

Speaking of "the file" I wonder if they just write notes so the other CMs and supervisors just reiterate the same spiel?

That's certainly a part of it.
However, in the past it has also served as "evidence" when the right "authorities" look into the situation.
It can help show that the guest has been given incorrect info and charges for upgrades, etc.
And, it can show which CMs were a part of the incident(s.)

Wow! The last time I upgraded a MYW ticket was back in 2016 so I guess I should just try to avoid it in the future if Disney wants to hide behind a new ticket structure. Hopefully the e-mail to the higher power will get the right attention. It is sad it has to come to that. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

I

Speaking of "the file" I wonder if they just write notes so the other CMs and supervisors just reiterate the same spiel? I completely understand not wanting to eat up your whole trip! I hope your letter also gets the right attention!
Wow! The last time I upgraded a MYW ticket was back in 2016 so I guess I should just try to avoid it in the future if Disney wants to hide behind a new ticket structure. Hopefully the e-mail to the higher power will get the right attention. It is sad it has to come to that. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

I think 2016 was the last time I upgraded a ticket to an AP also. It’s too bad there wasn’t a way to do it ahead of time instead of during vacation at the park.

hi everyone!! Just became a passholder last week. So I have a question about room discounts. Do they ever do room discounts for summer months? If so, when are they usually announced. Again, just really learning about all things AP and thought I would come here and ask.

hi everyone!! Just became a passholder last week. So I have a question about room discounts. Do they ever do room discounts for summer months? If so, when are they usually announced. Again, just really learning about all things AP and thought I would come here and ask.
Last year, the AP room only rates were available for booking starting 04/10/18. The discounts were 20-30%; the deluxe resorts are usually at the higher discount, mods at the middle, and values at the lowest discount.

You can ask more about these kind of things on the DIS "Disney Resorts" Forum>> HERE.

Completed my bridging today. Did it in the app. Purchased date based tickets from Visit Orlando and used them during the holiday blackout. The upgrade value was as expected - I got credit for the Disney price. I was also able to spread the remaining balance over 12 months of payments as a Florida resident ($0.28/mo per pass). The app errored after I hit the checkout button and said it lost WiFi and to call or visit guest relations to confirm it went through. After a loooong wait I spoke with someone at HS guest relations and they confirmed it went through.

I went for 7 days between Christmas and NY. All but one time I was either waived through or told them I’m upgrading to an annual pass and was not charged. I was charged for parking 1 day out of the 7. When I asked for reimbursement, the CM told me that they only reimburse for parking for “days occurring after the upgrade” anD wouldn’t be reimbursed for a parking receipt from a few days before. I nicely asked for a supervisor and they made an exception. Of course they told me it’s “just this time” and would “note it on my file”. I was given a gift card for the $25. Honestly I wish I would have not spent the hour to get $25.

So with my new passes in hand I tried to make a reservation for a Fastpass for a stay I have at Coronado Springs in Feb but it tells me that I don’t have any valid tickets. At this point I’ve left the park and was 75 miles away. I called the pass holder hotline. After researching the issue and being on the phone for an hour, they determined that tickets upgraded in the app don’t sync with their MDE/Fastpass system and they have to be manually done at Guest Relations. They should have done that and given me a pass holder card when I went to guest relations but they didn’t. I was told to do so on my next visit and she manually enabled fast pass selections for the dates of my stay.

Overall for 6 passes it was worth the savings but disappointed that the CM at HS didn’t activate it properly or give me my member card.

Prior to my phone call, the membership showed up in my MDE profile and it let me order magic bands. The only feature not working was Fastpass.

Hope this helps anyone making plans to bridge. The process was painful and it seems like they’re working out the bugs of upgrading within the MDE app.

I have a WHAT ARE THESE? and WHAT CAN I DO WITH THEM? question...

My grandparents have been Florida residents since about 2003 but are relocating to Maryland to move in with family because they can't live alone anymore. My mom found these exchange certificates when she was cleaning out their FL house - what are they??

I vaguely remember my grandparents buying one day tickets about 6 years ago when they were going to come do a day trip with my husband and I when we were visiting, but ultimately decided not to go bc they were worried about the walking. I imagine these are those one day tickets. My next trip to WDW is in June. I was thinking of taking these to GR and seeing if they could help me do something with these. Any idea what I can expect? No one else in my family is a FL resident. I guess my parents might be someday...but that is probably a decade or so away. Ha. There are plenty of non-FL resident family members who could definitely use a 1 day ticket at some point, or use the value towards a non-FL resident ticket. What do you think?

Thanks!

upload_2019-1-2_15-4-11.png

Room discounts for summer are live now on the Disney site.

I've renewed my AP back in November before it was set to expire. Do I have to pick up a new passholder card, or will my old one still work (for discounts and such)?

I've renewed my AP back in November before it was set to expire. Do I have to pick up a new passholder card, or will my old one still work (for discounts and such)?
RFID will still work and let you in the park. The cards have printed dates though: 2017 - 2018, 2018 - 2019, etc. Some CMs even write the pass expiration on the card, some don't.

I would check the back of yours and see what it says. If its 2017 - 2018, I would stop when there is no line at any ticket window or station in the park and get a new one. You may get questioned down the line.

My next trip to WDW is in June.
1. I was thinking of taking these to GR and seeing if they could help me do something with these.
2. Any idea what I can expect?
No one else in my family is a FL resident...
3. use the value towards a non-FL resident ticket. What do you think?
1. Good plan.
2. If these are valid, they can tell you.
3. Just ask nicely for what you'd like and see what happens.
Please report back and let us know.

Do I remember right, that now Gold Annual passes Vouchers expire at the end of the year? Didn't they change that so people could not buy them/stock up to avoid future increases? Thanks.

Do I remember right, that now Gold Annual passes Vouchers expire at the end of the year? Didn't they change that so people could not buy them/stock up to avoid future increases? Thanks.

If they are the same as the rest of the AP's...
AP vouchers ("certificates") don't expire until the year 2030 (and even that looks to be just a "place-holder date.")

Just curious. Where did you hear this? Thanks.

Just curious. Where did you hear this? Thanks

I thought i had read it on a post a while back. Then I chatted with an agent in November and they told me if i bought a voucher then it would "expire" at the end of 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter