I have a WHAT ARE THESE? and WHAT CAN I DO WITH THEM? question...

My grandparents have been Florida residents since about 2003 but are relocating to Maryland to move in with family because they can't live alone anymore. My mom found these exchange certificates when she was cleaning out their FL house - what are they??

I vaguely remember my grandparents buying one day tickets about 6 years ago when they were going to come do a day trip with my husband and I when we were visiting, but ultimately decided not to go bc they were worried about the walking. I imagine these are those one day tickets. My next trip to WDW is in June. I was thinking of taking these to GR and seeing if they could help me do something with these. Any idea what I can expect? No one else in my family is a FL resident. I guess my parents might be someday...but that is probably a decade or so away. Ha. There are plenty of non-FL resident family members who could definitely use a 1 day ticket at some point, or use the value towards a non-FL resident ticket. What do you think?

Thanks!

View attachment 372963

FL resident here. I did a little research for you and all I could find was this. http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Tickets/Florida-Resident-Tickets.html

At the top of the page it says
Shades of Green Military Discounted Tickets
Florida Resident Disney Exchange Certificate Tickets

If you look at what I have underlined, that's what it says on the image you have. Pretty sure that's some type of FL resident ticket. The only thing I can tell you what they may do for you is give you the cost of that ticket on one that is NOT a FL resident. You have to have FL ID to activate FL resident tickets. I hope I've helped.

FL resident here. I did a little research for you and all I could find was this. http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Tickets/Florida-Resident-Tickets.html

At the top of the page it says
Shades of Green Military Discounted Tickets
Florida Resident Disney Exchange Certificate Tickets

If you look at what I have underlined, that's what it says on the image you have. Pretty sure that's some type of FL resident ticket. The only thing I can tell you what they may do for you is give you the cost of that ticket on one that is NOT a FL resident. You have to have FL ID to activate FL resident tickets. I hope I've helped.

Thanks! Anything Disney would give me for them is better than nothing!

If you have an AP, but decide to get the Park hopper ticket to get free dining, how long is the ticket good for? (I know it’ll expire X days from the date of first use - just wondering if that first use could be, for example, 2 years out...)

If you have an AP, but decide to get the Park hopper ticket to get free dining, how long is the ticket good for? (I know it’ll expire X days from the date of first use - just wondering if that first use could be, for example, 2 years out...)
Tickets issued for a package stay are only valid through the checkout date. The retained value can be used towards new, valid ticket media.

Thanks! Do you know how long the retained value is good for? Is that just kept in my MDE somewhere? What do I do for a future trip to convert the retained value into a new ticket? Since the ticket is part of a package, what is the retained value - is it the same amount as a 5 day hopper beginning on my check in date without being part of a package?

Also - when I scan at the gate this trip will it automatically use my AP or do I need to do anything to ensure the tickets aren’t activated?

I need some advise. I still have a non-expiring child's ticket from 1998 for two park days. I was 4 years old at the time. When I was 16 (adult ticket age) we were considering a WDW trip and called to see if I would be able to still use my non-expiring ticket. I was told that, yes, I could. I would have to go to a ticket booth, show my ID, and then they'd convert it to a usable adult ticket for me.

Well now it's 2019, age of the magic band, and I'm married with a different last name than my non-expiring ticket. Does anyone know if there's any chance I'd be able to still use up the days on this ticket and how I would go about it?

I need some advise. I still have a non-expiring child's ticket from 1998 for two park days. I was 4 years old at the time. When I was 16 (adult ticket age) we were considering a WDW trip and called to see if I would be able to still use my non-expiring ticket. I was told that, yes, I could. I would have to go to a ticket booth, show my ID, and then they'd convert it to a usable adult ticket for me.

Well now it's 2019, age of the magic band, and I'm married with a different last name than my non-expiring ticket. Does anyone know if there's any chance I'd be able to still use up the days on this ticket and how I would go about it?

Your tickets should still be good and I am also sure you are not the first person to ever get married lol!

If you do a google search with the following search criteria
“walt disney world non expiration tickets” the very first link will give you the info you are looking for plus a phone number you can call.
GL

Your tickets should still be good and I am also sure you are not the first person to ever get married lol!

If you do a google search with the following search criteria
“walt disney world non expiration tickets” the very first link will give you the info you are looking for plus a phone number you can call.
GL

LOL!

Thank you so much, I will check it out! Really appreciate it.

Thanks! Do you know how long the retained value is good for? Is that just kept in my MDE somewhere? What do I do for a future trip to convert the retained value into a new ticket? Since the ticket is part of a package, what is the retained value - is it the same amount as a 5 day hopper beginning on my check in date without being part of a package?

Also - when I scan at the gate this trip will it automatically use my AP or do I need to do anything to ensure the tickets aren’t activated?
You need to either call ticketing or stop by guest services before you go into the park to make sure your AP is prioritized first.

Just wondering if anyone has run into this, and whether getting it corrected was easy (or if I need to prepare for a headache)

We had booked a room only for a short stay through Priceline. When the dining deal came out, it ended up being totally worthwhile to book a free dining package for additional days on the front end of our trip, so we added four nights under the package. BUT we selected PH tickets that would cover our entire stay (across both bookings). I was on MDE and noticed that the "Valid Dates" of my PH are only through the length of the package stay (not through the full 10 days that they should be good for).

I bookmarked the page on the Disney website where it says that the ticket is valid for the package date, or the standard Valid date (which would be 10 days for a 7 day ticket), whichever is longer. So I feel confident they SHOULD honor that and adjust my valid dates. But has anyone run into this before, and was it a painless or painful process? Planning to call in the morning.

Just wondering if anyone has run into this, and whether getting it corrected was easy (or if I need to prepare for a headache)

We had booked a room only for a short stay through Priceline. When the dining deal came out, it ended up being totally worthwhile to book a free dining package for additional days on the front end of our trip, so we added four nights under the package. BUT we selected PH tickets that would cover our entire stay (across both bookings). I was on MDE and noticed that the "Valid Dates" of my PH are only through the length of the package stay (not through the full 10 days that they should be good for).

I bookmarked the page on the Disney website where it says that the ticket is valid for the package date, or the standard Valid date (which would be 10 days for a 7 day ticket), whichever is longer. So I feel confident they SHOULD honor that and adjust my valid dates. But has anyone run into this before, and was it a painless or painful process? Planning to call in the morning.
Just call to make sure.

@Robo - Disney added wording for Package Tickets in their TA training manuals and here is info from our TA friend:

Can package tickets be activated early?
No. That was a question specifically in the training. If you have a ticket as part of a package you cannot use it in advance of the package start date.

expiration question. I read on the first page that if we buy a package.. Free dining package.. the tickets are only valid for the length of the package? my TA has not made this clear.. our situation is...

day 1-5 FD package
Cruise
RO bookings.

so my plan was to get a 10 day ticket with the FD package and then use the rest when we get back from the cruise.. so this is not possible as regardless as how many ticket days I buy, they will expire when we check out of our package reservation?!

Edit: I see the same question asked above

Last edited:
AP expiration question: we activate the passes on 5/10/19 what day do they expire in 5/2020? We noticed that 2020 is a leap year, so extra day. Does that affect expiration day? We want to use our passes on 5/9/2020, but don't need the 10th.

expiration question. I read on the first page that if we buy a package.. Free dining package.. the tickets are only valid for the length of the package? my TA has not made this clear.. our situation is...

day 1-5 FD package
Cruise
RO bookings.

so my plan was to get a 10 day ticket with the FD package and then use the rest when we get back from the cruise.. so this is not possible as regardless as how many ticket days I buy, they will expire when we check out of our package reservation?!

Edit: I see the same question asked above

Old system or new system, 10 day tickets are only valid for 14 days from first use. So, unless you're taking a really short cruise, your tickets won't be valid for the full length or your second stay. You either need two sets of tickets, you need to upgrade the FD tickets to APs, or you need to adjust your dates so that your final park day is no more than 14 days from first use of your package ticket.

Prepping for next weeks trip and found this gold mine of information. Shout out of thanks @Robo and others who have posted here. I'm now super confident of exactly what to expect and how to bridge our tickets to APs. Can't wait to give it a try!! :thanks:

I just called reservations and tickets are valid for the lenght of stay ( package ) or lenghth of validity .. so in my case my 10 day tickets are valid past the date we check out of the resort whose package was part of the ticket allotement.

Old system or new system, 10 day tickets are only valid for 14 days from first use. So, unless you're taking a really short cruise, your tickets won't be valid for the full length or your second stay. You either need two sets of tickets, you need to upgrade the FD tickets to APs, or you need to adjust your dates so that your final park day is no more than 14 days from first use of your package ticket.

yup we are just at 14 days, but the package resort stay only 5.
5 days parks with package room, 7 day cruise, 2 days parks with RO.

Ahh, so you're not using all of the park days. I was trying to figure how you could fit 10 park days and a cruise into 14 days.
Nope it's cheaper to throw days away, rather than start again. With 8 days they are valid only 10 or so, with 10, 14 days.. kinda makes me made mad, but it really is less than 50 or so to do this.. I am basically paying 50 bucks to have the flexiblity... this new system really sucks.
and our entire trip is not covered.. our last 2 days is disney springs and the malls.. or resort pool.... uuuugh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter