Hello experts. Please help me understand my tickets. I bought these in Jan 2015. MDX said they're "10-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper & Water Park Fun & More & No Expiration Options" I have since used up 5 park days and no water park admission yet.

Am I correct that :
1a. DS, now 11, can continue to use his child tix until all 10 days are used up.
1b. That I don't have to pay to upgrade to adult tix?
2. I have 5 park days left and I still have 10 water park admissions left?
3a. Will I continue to have 10 water park admissions after all 10 park days are used?
3b. Must I have at least 1 park day left for the secondary park portion to remain 'active'?
4. Say I decided to buy a new set of tix or AP, can I still use the remaining water park admission in future since they're unexpired?

TIA.
1a. Yes.
1b. But during your next WDW trip, go with him to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and the CM will "upgrade" to an adult equivalent of the ticket at no charge.
2. Yes.
3a. You will continue to have any assets you have not yet used.
3b. No.
4. Yes.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the best UT ticket to purchase for bridging into a gold pass in terms of value?

That can change as the "deals" change.
But, it's easy to figure.
Just look at the UT site.
It tells you how much you are saving (in relation to full price) by purchasing any individual ticket.

Just choose the ticket that saves the most money, but is not worth more than the ticket to which
you want to upgrade.

That can change as the "deals" change.
But, it's easy to figure.
Just look at the UT site.
It tells you how much you are saving (in relation to full price) by purchasing any individual ticket.

Just choose the ticket that saves the most money, but is not worth more than the ticket to which
you want to upgrade.
Thanks Robo. My confusion seems to be the flexible dates pricing I don't know what a 10 flex ticket would translate into on the disney side. Don't want to go over the price of the gold pass.

Thanks Robo. My confusion seems to be the flexible dates pricing I don't know what a 10 flex ticket would translate into on the disney side. Don't want to go over the price of the gold pass.

When I check the UT site (HERE)
I see a list of the tickets offered.
Just add the "Save $X" to the Adult price listed for buying the ticket.
(That would give you the adult full Disney price.)

So:

With the below screen shot-

Add $36 to $362.35 and get $398.35.

Tix UT.png

This is from the top of this thread, "The unused and expired ticket can be turned in at WDW and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket."

Unfortunately, this was not the case for me when I recently asked about this at WDW guest services. The ticket in question was bought in 2018, through WDW. It expired at the end of 2018. The CM would not allow me to use the value of the ticket towards a new ticket!

I was only able to get a comp version of the original ticket, and it cannot be modified or put towards a new ticket.

The original ticket expired at the end of 2018; the new comp tickets are now valid for a few months. CM originally said comp ticket would only be valid for about a month, but extended it a little longer when I pressed her.

The other option CM gave me was to do nothing now, then return to guest services when I was ready to use the ticket. Argh! I'd already waited almost an hour at the Disney Springs GS. (CM told me it was about 20min wait when I arrived, but it was quite a bit longer than that.)

I suppose I could have pushed to talk to a manager- as I have in the past with other ticketing questions- but as I said, I'd already waited almost an hour.

Will I be allowed through the gates to Guest Relations with just the certificate?
Thank you for your help.
just be sure to allow extra time for this! The GS line can take a bit of time, especially in the morning.

Sometimes the process goes quickly, other times it doesn't.

I have been frustrated more than once by slow GS, especially when trying to hit RD, use FP, or getting to dining reservations.

when I recently asked about this at WDW guest services. The ticket in question was bought in 2018, through WDW. It expired at the end of 2018. The CM would not allow me to use the value of the ticket towards a new ticket!

What kind of ticket did you have?

For the Canadian Resident tickets, they expire September 27. The 27 is our last park day so I'm wondering does this mean they need to be used before that date, or is the 27 the last day they can be used?

Can anyone confirm if AP's purchased direct from Disney recently are still good until 2030 for activation? I have an AP that is expiring in March but they dates don't necessarily make sense for me to renew but I'd like to have another AP at some point in the future (probably sooner rather than later if I'm being honest!)

For the Canadian Resident tickets, they expire September 27. The 27 is our last park day so I'm wondering does this mean they need to be used before that date, or is the 27 the last day they can be used?

Based on everything else, ticket-wise, that "expires" at Disney, you can use it through the close of business on Sept. 27.

This is from the top of this thread, "The unused and expired ticket can be turned in at WDW and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket."

Unfortunately, this was not the case for me when I recently asked about this at WDW guest services. The ticket in question was bought in 2018, through WDW. It expired at the end of 2018. The CM would not allow me to use the value of the ticket towards a new ticket!

I was only able to get a comp version of the original ticket, and it cannot be modified or put towards a new ticket.

The original ticket expired at the end of 2018; the new comp tickets are now valid for a few months. CM originally said comp ticket would only be valid for about a month, but extended it a little longer when I pressed her.

The other option CM gave me was to do nothing now, then return to guest services when I was ready to use the ticket. Argh! I'd already waited almost an hour at the Disney Springs GS. (CM told me it was about 20min wait when I arrived, but it was quite a bit longer than that.)

I suppose I could have pushed to talk to a manager- as I have in the past with other ticketing questions- but as I said, I'd already waited almost an hour.

This is the exact information given to me a guest services in November. I was told at least twice by two different people that once a ticket expires, it's worth nothing. I'm very frustrated with the inconsistency of information given by cast members. It makes for an unpleasant guest experience and it shouldn't be YMMV when it comes to tickets.

This is the exact information given to me a guest services in November. I was told at least twice by two different people that once a ticket expires, it's worth nothing. I'm very frustrated with the inconsistency of information given by cast members. It makes for an unpleasant guest experience and it shouldn't be YMMV when it comes to tickets.

Excerpt from the info currently on the WDW site of ticket FAQ HERE.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets said:
Additional Information on Tickets Purchased Before October 16, 2018

The amount paid for an unused, expired ticket may be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket.

What kind of ticket did you have?

A regular park hopper bought through WDW as part of a package. I did not use it because I already had an annual pass. I was thinking, perhaps, of using it towards renewing my annual pass.

Incidentally, part of the reason I was at GS was because I received an letter saying my annual pass had expired, and I knew that was incorrect.

The alleged AP expiration date in the letter was actually the expiration day of the park hopper.

Oddly, I was asked to provide receipts, a Mickey band, and ID to prove my case. Seriously? The CM herself quickly said that she was able to access every ticket and hotel stay in my name, and even started listing them. I understand showing ID, but the receipts part was just odd.

A regular park hopper bought through WDW as part of a package. I did not use it because I already had an annual pass. I was thinking, perhaps, of using it towards renewing my annual pass.

Incidentally, part of the reason I was at GS was because I received an letter saying my annual pass had expired, and I knew that was incorrect.

The alleged AP expiration date in the letter was actually the expiration day of the park hopper.

Oddly, I was asked to provide receipts, a Mickey band, and ID to prove my case. Seriously? The CM herself quickly said that she was able to access every ticket and hotel stay in my name, and even started listing them. I understand showing ID, but the receipts part was just odd.

Your kind of tale is one that has been told so often on this board and other fan sites.
So often certain CMs have far too little training.
They simply make up things based or their own conception of what they "assume" to be the case.
The real tragedy is for the untold hundreds (thousands?) of guests who have been overcharged for (or denied) rightful
upgrades and procedures.
Those guests are simply out of luck if they don't do further research.
(And, why should they when a "CM has told them the rules?")

In your case, if it matters to you (it should,) you might want to contact WDW Ticketing-
Call- (407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
-or-
Email- ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com

Be very specific with what you asked for... and what actually happened at the booth.
And, if you can, be very specific with the location and time of your interaction with the CM(s.)

I am sure I am missing it but here is my situation. I have 5 day tickets purchased in 2017, purchased prior to when they started expiring. These are non expiring tickets. Not purchased from Disney but purchased from a valid well known reseller. I have 2 adults and 1 child. I paid 1024.71 for them. Current 5 day tickets cost 1242.50. I want to upgrade to 7 day tickets. Has anyone tried to upgrade the old non-expiring tickets? Which value do they use for my base?

Your kind of tale is one that has been told so often on this board and other fan sites.
So often certain CMs have far too little training.
They simply make up things based or their own conception of what they "assume" to be the case.
The real tragedy is for the untold hundreds (thousands?) of guests who have been overcharged for (or denied) rightful
upgrades and procedures.
Those guests are simply out of luck if they don't do further research.
(And, why should they when a "CM has told them the rules?")

In your case, if it matters to you (it should,) you might want to contact WDW Ticketing-
Call- (407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
-or-
Email- ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com

Be very specific with what you asked for... and what actually happened at the booth.
And, if you can, be very specific with the location and time of your interaction with the CM(s.)

Maybe you don't remember me, but alas, I have had a number of - inconsistent - CM ticketing experiences over the years!

In this case, as I said, I waited over almost an hour at GS. The NEW Disney Springs GS has a non-line waiting system, as most restaurants do. A greeter takes your name at the door, then you're free to sit in the lounge area. I suppose it is more relaxing, but also far less efficient. CM's had to hunt around for each person as their name came up, and it was hard to hear. As there was no clear line, it was also hard to tell- by looking- how many people/groups were in line ahead of me. Many folks were waiting with their whole family. I'd have appreciated something closer to a deli-line where everyone gets a number and everyone can see which number's being served right now; that way you know when your number's about to be called.

I assure you, I've talked to many managers over the years (or come back later). Maybe the new system in Disney Springs through me off, but I didn't see a clear hierarchy, and by the time my name was called, I was REALLY itching to be gone already. I was concerned calling a manger was going to = an additional LONG wait.

Also, as it happens (in this specific case), I can make good use of the comp ticket, so it isn't a big deal to have that instead of putting the value towards the renewal.

That said, the new system of rules is just absurd! Some number cruncher isn't looking at the big picture. The complexity of the new ticket rules has to be costing them a ton of lost revenue!

I truly hope WDW quickly realizes this new system is too confusing. I desperately wish they'd go back (or forwards) to something simpler.

To me, this feels cheap, like a con game.

Disney used to deliver premium customer service, and guests had a great deal more freedom to enjoy their vacation time.

Who wants a big headache when they are on vacation?

Just wanted to post with my experience recently about upgrading to DVC gold annual passes from discounted UT tickets.
There were 4 of us who bought 10 day PH+ for the discount and upgraded. We paid 522.58 per ticket through UT in mid November. My best friend and I went to MK guest relations our first day (our men weren't with us at the moment) The first CM was unsure how to do it do she got a higher up who showed her what to do and was detailing bringing it to gate price and how to do it. They were so nice and friendly and commented on what a great deal we were getting. Cost us $55.xx per person to upgrade which was even less than I anticipated. We threw in a TIW and were on our way.

A few days later we were at AK and the line looked good so our husband's went to upgrade. Those CM's weren't quite as friendly and when it came time for the amount she told us it was 70 some dollars (I think 77ish?). I mentioned it cost $55 at MK just a few days prior and she said "that CM was helping you out but that isn't how we are supposed to do it anymore" and that was that. I didn't care about the extra 20ish bucks on those two tickets but it was more annoying that she was crabby:P

So it's all done and everyone has an AP . Aaaaaand if your in the market for an upgrade perhaps hit up MK pixiedust:. Although I might add the new girl at MK who gave us our TIW accidentally put the expiration date as the date of purchase so our servers kept having trouble with it until finally someone realized it was "expired" . Oops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter