Kind of related question to the above, but what if said grandparent is not well enough to travel to wdw to show proof of residency, but wants to gift these passes to his grandchildren?

Kind of related question to the above, but what if said grandparent is not well enough to travel to wdw to show proof of residency, but wants to gift these passes to his grandchildren?
She should send a local FL resident friend with the kids.
A FL resident (with FL photo ID) needs to be with the kids the first time the kids' tickets are actually USED at a park gate.

The spirit of the rules is to allow a FL resident to buy non-resident kids in the family some tickets so that the FL resident
-AND- the kids can enjoy WDW together.
(It's not designed so that a FL resident can just buy kids' tickets at a discount.)

She should send a local FL resident friend with the kids.
A FL resident (with FL photo ID) needs to be with the kids the first time the kids' tickets are actually USED at a park gate.

The spirit of the rules is to allow a FL resident to buy non-resident kids in the family some tickets so that the FL resident
-AND- the kids can enjoy WDW together.
(It's not designed so that a FL resident can just buy kids' tickets at a discount.)
I get it. My dad moving away from the kids is a hard blow for them. He wants to gift them these tickets so they can make some extra trips when we now go down to visit him. He unfortunately wouldn’t be able to join them. But I understand the rules.

Got it. I will definitely check MDX when I get there. Thank you!

I currently have a DVC AP. I also have other tickets loaded in MDE that are non-expiration. When I click on the ticket, it gives me the option to upgrade to an AP. When I click on the button, it says to call. I'm thinking that it's because it's the old NE tickets. Report back if you're successful in bridging. It was such a hassle last time that I think I'm better off, just buying discounted Disney gift cards and buying direct from Disney. That still works out to be cheaper than using 3rd party tickets.

I get it. My dad moving away from the kids is a hard blow for them. He wants to gift them these tickets so they can make some extra trips when we now go down to visit him. He unfortunately wouldn’t be able to join them. But I understand the rules.

I don't think the grandparent has to actually ENTER the park with the kids (although that is probably the intention of the benefit), he would just have to go to guest relations to pick up the ticket and show ID (and kids dont need to be with him per above question?) is that true ROBO? Would that be possible for your dad?

I don't think the grandparent has to actually ENTER the park with the kids (although that is probably the intention of the benefit), he would just have to go to guest relations to pick up the ticket and show ID (and kids dont need to be with him per above question?) is that true ROBO? Would that be possible for your dad?

That would likely work.
The adult FL ID would very likely need to be shown at the park gate, however. the first
time the new tickets were used.

And, who would actually be going into the park with the kids?
(How old are the kids?)

That would likely work.
The adult FL ID would very likely need to be shown at the park gate, however. the first
time the new tickets were used.

And, who would actually be going into the park with the kids?
(How old are the kids?)
Kids are 6 and 8 and the adults would be me and my husband. This trip isn’t until November so I guess we will wait and see how my dad is doing. Our flights are already booked into Orlando and he will be 3 1/2ish hours south. He wouldn’t be able to get up to us on his own nor should he. We will see how it plays out.

Kids are 6 and 8 and the adults would be me and my husband. This trip isn’t until November so I guess we will wait and see how my dad is doing. Our flights are already booked into Orlando and he will be 3 1/2ish hours south. He wouldn’t be able to get up to us on his own nor should he. We will see how it plays out.

Another option would be for your dad to gift the cost of the Florida tickets and you could make up the difference. Then you'd be on the up-and-up and your dad would still be helping your kids have fun in the parks. :)

We are planning on buying one day tickets. I understand they expire at the end of 2019 but we would always have the price we paid to use in the future towards a new ticket.

I was going to buy the tickets from Disney and link to our MDE to make FP+. If we end up not using the tickets will the ticket just sit on our MDE account even after 2019? Should I buy a physical ticket? Can you even do that these days?

We are planning on buying one day tickets.
1. I understand they expire at the end of 2019
2. but we would always have the price we paid to use in the future towards a new ticket.
3. I was going to buy the tickets from Disney and link to our MDE to make FP+.
4. If we end up not using the tickets will the ticket just sit on our MDE account even after 2019?
5. Should I buy a physical ticket?
6. Can you even do that these days?
1. They might. It can depend on the date situation in force when you actually buy the tickets.
2. Yes.
3. OK.
4. Yes.
5. Doesn't matter.
6. Yes.

Find it fascinating that tickets and room reservations still not available for any 2020 dates. Are DVC members able to make reservations? It is well past 11 month opening for them. Any thoughts, beyond SWGE, for delay?

Find it fascinating that tickets and room reservations still not available for any 2020 dates. Are DVC members able to make reservations? It is well past 11 month opening for them. Any thoughts, beyond SWGE, for delay?

Yes, DVC members are currently able to make reservations at their home resorts for check-in February 1 or earlier. I have no idea why CRO isn’t booking yet - have you called? I understand cash reservations can be booked via phone before online opens up.

As long as I upgrade a discounted 5 day ticket to an AP on day 1, will memory maker be available from day 1 of our trip with the bridged rate?

I just learned about the UT Ticket Calculator. Reserve Direct came up as the cheapest option, but I noticed it said I'd have to pick up my tickets at Will Call. So no ticket numbers to be able to link to MDE before hand? Thanks!

I currently have a DVC AP. I also have other tickets loaded in MDE that are non-expiration. When I click on the ticket, it gives me the option to upgrade to an AP. When I click on the button, it says to call. I'm thinking that it's because it's the old NE tickets. Report back if you're successful in bridging. It was such a hassle last time that I think I'm better off, just buying discounted Disney gift cards and buying direct from Disney. That still works out to be cheaper than using 3rd party tickets.
Reporting back... We are at WDW now. On our second day, the MDE option gave me the option to upgrade to a Platinum AP (without DVC discount), but the value of my ticket was exactly what I antipated based on this thread. At first I thought it was wrong, but then I realized the noted value was before tax. I was able to upgrade successfully at AK, retaining my UT discount and getting DVC Gold AP. So it appears you cannot upgrade to a DVC ticket through the app, but no problem “bridging” when upgrading one of the new date-based tickets.

Reporting back... We are at WDW now. On our second day, the MDE option gave me the option to upgrade to a Platinum AP (without DVC discount), but the value of my ticket was exactly what I antipated based on this thread. At first I thought it was wrong, but then I realized the noted value was before tax. I was able to upgrade successfully at AK, retaining my UT discount and getting DVC Gold AP. So it appears you cannot upgrade to a DVC ticket through the app, but no problem “bridging” when upgrading one of the new date-based tickets.

Thanks for posting such a detailed followup!

I just learned about the UT Ticket Calculator. Reserve Direct came up as the cheapest option, but I noticed it said I'd have to pick up my tickets at Will Call. So no ticket numbers to be able to link to MDE before hand? Thanks!

Before ordering tickets, make direct contact with Reserve Direct and ask.

Here at WDW now. Yesterday I went to GR at Epcot to ask about purchasing a couple of AP certificates and using MYW tickets towards the price. First one I asked at IG said I could do so, but if price increased before I activated AP I would have to pay difference. I thought that was not the case, so either things changed or CM was misinformed. I went to the other GR and was told if I did that the AP would be active and not a certificate. I don’t think he understood me when I said I hadn’t used the tickets yet. Decided not to to keep trying to explain what I wanted to do. Maybe it’s not possible anymore - if so I will just used them when I need to renew or buy an AP and not try to get one ahead of time to save money on price increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter