• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It has traditionally been
that whatever follows the above statement may not necessarily be accurate.
So noted. It would just be nice if the gospel was available at the time major decisions need to be made... starting in two days!

I have a one Day hopper comp ticket linked to myself and one Day hopper comp ticket linked to my husband.

I have a resort reservation Linked For the whole family for five nights in November and I have another resort reservation Linked just for myself for princess weekend.

will I be able to make a park reservation with the comp ticket? Can I make one for November and princess weekend? I’m so confused and haven’t gotten any emails.

So noted. It would just be nice if the gospel was available at the time major decisions need to be made... starting in two days!
Also know that what may be accurate on X date is subject to major change on Y date.
Nobody knows what will actually happen.

Are they allowing any ticket modifications on packages right now? We have a 3 day ticket and want 4 days now.

will I be able to make a park reservation with the comp ticket? Can I make one for November and princess weekend? I’m so confused and haven’t gotten any emails.
You should be able to book using the comp tickets if it is 1) linked to MDE as a ticket, and 2) unrestricted as in no blackouts.
For Nov or princess weekend - do you have tickets and are they linked? If so you should be fine on Monday. If not, you will need to wait until you can buy tickets.

Are they allowing any ticket modifications on packages right now? We have a 3 day ticket and want 4 days now.
Not, not at this time. You may be able to modify a 2021 package on Wed. Unknown when 2020 can be modified.

Not, not at this time. You may be able to modify a 2021 package on Wed. Unknown when 2020 can be modified.

I called today. Obviously take it with a grain of salt. The CM said I should be able to add a day to my ticket on the 28th.

I have a Swan reservation for November, but no tickets. When am I supposed to try to get park tickets ? Thanks for any info.

@Robo or @lanejudy do either of you know if I go and buy the DisneyWorld (not Disneyland) gift card looking PARK TICKETS from my local Target (the had 3 and 4 day tickets yesterday) can I link those to MDE before Monday?

OR do I have to wait until they're activated at a Park? The back of the gift card/ticket said I could take it directly to park guest relations and trade it in for a ticket...

Our annual passes expired 6/9/20. With the extension from Disney being closed, the expiration moved to September 9, 2020 and with the additional month they're giving AP holders, it's now 10/9/20. We had a trip planned for this past June. It got moved to early July now has been moved to December. We're restricted to certain times of the year since 2 folks in the group are school teachers. Of the seven in our group, it's the first trip for 5 of them and they already have tickets purchased which will be good until September of next year if needed. The other two of us are seasoned Disney travelers and DVC members. We have existing resort reservations for 12/26/20 through 1/2/21. We should be able to make park reservations tomorrow but 2 of us don't have active tickets for our trip because of the AP's expiring. Disney is not selling new tickets at this point and we can't renew the AP's yet. Suggestions?? We're going to call today to see what advice we get.

Our annual passes expired 6/9/20. With the extension from Disney being closed, the expiration moved to September 9, 2020 and with the additional month they're giving AP holders, it's now 10/9/20. We had a trip planned for this past June. It got moved to early July now has been moved to December. We're restricted to certain times of the year since 2 folks in the group are school teachers. Of the seven in our group, it's the first trip for 5 of them and they already have tickets purchased which will be good until September of next year if needed. The other two of us are seasoned Disney travelers and DVC members. We have existing resort reservations for 12/26/20 through 1/2/21. We should be able to make park reservations tomorrow but 2 of us don't have active tickets for our trip because of the AP's expiring. Disney is not selling new tickets at this point and we can't renew the AP's yet. Suggestions?? We're going to call today to see what advice we get.

Maybe they can extend you till 1/2/21 if you explain the circumstances.

You should be able to book using the comp tickets if it is 1) linked to MDE as a ticket, and 2) unrestricted as in no blackouts.
For Nov or princess weekend - do you have tickets and are they linked? If so you should be fine on Monday. If not, you will need to wait until you can buy tickets.
All I have is the one day park hopper comp Ticket linked to my name as well as those two hotel reservations linked.

All I have is the one day park hopper comp Ticket linked to my name as well as those two hotel reservations linked.
Then you will only be able to book 1 day of park reservation next week, until you can purchase more tickets. 2021 resort reservations can be converted to a package with tickets on Wed. or standalone tickets will be available on 6/28. It’s unknown when 2020 tickets may be on sale again.

Then you will only be able to book 1 day of park reservation next week, until you can purchase more tickets. 2021 resort reservations can be converted to a package with tickets on Wed. or standalone tickets will be available on 6/28. It’s unknown when 2020 tickets may be on sale again.
Ok. I will have to choose which one wisely!!

For those who may be wondering... I chatted with a CM this morning, who said the normal expiration rules for tickets still apply. Which makes no sense now with the reservation system and the uncertainty regarding which days could be secured, and seems misleading in MDE, where the tickets state being for use “Any of the valid dates” (listing July 5-September 26, 2021 in our circumstance).
This is so frustrating! I have not been able to locate anything on the Disney site that confirms the ticket would expire after so many days from first use.

Last edited:
For those who have both tickets and AP on their account, is there a way to make sure the system uses the tickets and not the AP for the upcoming reservation system? For those who had both on their account when FPs were made, how did you specifically designate the tickets?

FPs were not tied directly to a specific ticket, you simply needed to have valid ticket media for that date. I believe the park reservation is the same. You will want to stop at Guest Relations to have the "right" ticket prioritized before entering the gates.

FPs were not tied directly to a specific ticket, you simply needed to have valid ticket media for that date. I believe the park reservation is the same. You will want to stop at Guest Relations to have the "right" ticket prioritized before entering the gates.
Ahhh I get it now. We won’t be activating the APs until later so I’m assuming it will just pull the tickets when we scan in for the day. Thanks for clarifying!

Have a sun and fun package and going (hopefully) over Labor Day. Thinking about upgrading our 4 day tickets to AP first day of trip and then scheduling room only trips next March, summer, September (before the year is up). I don’t think we can get the AP now because we prob can not modify our trip at this time to remove the tickets.
1)Does anyone think that will be a problem with the new changes?
2) do you think we could book a package with tickets for the March trip and then drop the tickets and change to room only once we have the AP so we could have parks reserved earlier than we will have the AP?
3) am I asking these questions too soon lol?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter