I'm pretty disappointed.

I have a DVC reservation from July 12-19 and a 5-day park ticket that I was planning on upgrading to a DVC Gold Pass upon arrival. DVC Member Services is unable to upgrade me over the phone, and while typically you can/have to do it at the park when you arrive, there's no guarantee that ticket sales will resume by then, so as of right now I won't be able to upgrade my ticket at all, now or during my stay.

I'm coming from out of state so now I have to decide if I even want to go because what I definitely DON'T want to do is use my 5-day ticket without upgrading it to an AP. 😭

A ticket begins to expire once it has begun being used.
It only "lasts" for a few days before any remaining (even unused) days expire.

A 6-Day Base or Hopper Ticket is valid for 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date (within 10 days with PH Plus.)
I can't find anything on Disney's site with this information. I've seen it stated multiple times, but it's not on the ticket information on MDE or in the ticket updates with the re-opening information.

I can't find anything on Disney's site with this information. I've seen it stated multiple times, but it's not on the ticket information on MDE or in the ticket updates with the re-opening information.
There are many "normal rules" that may be altered or suspended due to the unique circumstances of the pandemic park shutdowns and limited daily attendance factors following reopening.

There are many "normal rules" that may be altered or suspended due to the unique circumstances of the pandemic park shutdowns and limited daily attendance factors following reopening.
So how do we know if our tickets expire within 9 days of first use or if we can use any 6 days before the expiration date in September 2021 that is listed in MDE?

So how do we know if our tickets expire within 9 days of first use or if we can use any 6 days before the expiration date in September 2021 that is listed in MDE?
We don't "know" anything, for sure, about how tickets will expire if used during the time when entering a WDW park requires a reservation.
But...
It is quite likely (I HOPE) that by Sept. 2021 (or so) that the "normal" ticket rules will be back in force.
OTOH...
Will tickets purchased just before and during the current time-frame (and when they start selling them again) have and RETAIN "unique" expiration rules?
Too many unknowns for clear answers, as yet.

Last edited:
We don't "know" anything, for sure, about how tickets will expire if used during the time when entering a WDW park requires a reservation.
But...
It is quite likely (I HOPE) that by Sept. 2021 (or earlier) that the "normal" ticket rules will be back in force.
OTOH...
Will tickets purchased just before and during the current time-frame (and when they start selling them again) have and RETAIN "unique" expiration rules?
Too many unknowns for clear answers, as yet.
I purchased 8-Day PH ticket planning to use it within my 11-Day stay at Christmas. Am I able to make Park Reservations for 8 days still? Now without PH, can I call in before June 22 to see if I can refund the PH portion and add two more days? I originally plan to attend 2 MVMCP but now it may get cancelled. So I hope to add more days if I can no longer park hop. However, my tickets are Canadian Discounted Tickets. Will I lose the discount if I upgrade the tickets this way? TIA!

I purchased 8-Day PH ticket planning to use it within my 11-Day stay at Christmas.
1. Am I able to make Park Reservations for 8 days still?
2. Now without PH, can I call in before June 22 to see if I can refund the PH portion and add two more days?
3. I originally plan to attend 2 MVMCP but now it may get cancelled.
So I hope to add more days if I can no longer park hop. However,
my tickets are Canadian Discounted Tickets.
4. Will I lose the discount if I upgrade the tickets this way? TIA!
1. That is the potential number possible.
But, we have no way of knowing if Disney will be able to GIVE you 8 reservations.
We do not (and Disney does not) know how many reservations per day they will be able to give out.
(That is the reason they are requiring advance reservations.)
2. That is potentially a possibility. You may not be able to do that in advance.
You may, or may not be able to "add days."
We just don't know, yet.
3. Yup. Nobody knows.
4. That can certainly be the case.
We just don't know, yet.

This screenshot from Mde was posted in the rumors board. It’s info about a park hopper pass that was extended. The verbiage that the ticket can be used ANY dates and that they do not have to be consecutive implies to me that for these tickets the former “must be used with x days of first scan” does not apply.502713

This screenshot from Mde was posted in the rumors board. It’s info about a park hopper pass that was extended. The verbiage that the ticket can be used ANY dates and that they do not have to be consecutive implies to me that for these tickets the former “must be used with x days of first scan” does not apply.View attachment 502713
Yes, that is the current thought. It’s a logical interpretation. However WDW has not confirmed it - and adding to the confusion are phone CMs continuing to cite the standard rules.

I just searched and couldn't find any discussion of this topic. I purchased park hopper tickets for my trip in September (actually for my cancelled April trip) through a third party (Tripster). I've emailed them, but have not heard back yet. I'm looking to get the difference between regular tickets and park hopper tickets refunded. Anybody had any success with this?

I'm in the EXACT same boat as you! April trip re-scheduled to September. 7 day PH Plus tixs. I "chatted" with Disney yesterday and the CM sort of circumvented my question. I asked if I could be upgraded to a 10 day one park per day tix to make up for the difference and she said that "they were not offering upgrades or modifications to tickets at this time". A bummer because I was hoping we would make the change before tomorrow when we can make park reservations.

Yeah, I'd be happy if they just added a day. We only have 3 days in the parks which, with park hopping, is perfect for my family. Now, we have to decide which park we WON'T go to. We have a late flight on the last day so if they added the 4th day we could easily do a half day or more in a park. Just sent an email to Disney Destinations LLC which issued the tickets and I'll update after I hear back from them.

Screen shot from MDX. I wonder if this is the time they will be making ticket modifications and/or refunding the extra cost of already purchased park hoppers.

Are they allowing adjustment of dates for tickets? I have a ticket that starts October 30th but have a Labor Day trip scheduled.

I was planning to upgrade to APs but I'm wondering when that option will be available again.

I have tickets in MDE, if I go in tomorrow and am able to make park reservations for only 3 days of a 6 day ticket and decide not to go in July, can I just cancel those park reservations? Are they like fast passes, no consequence to cancel?

I was wanting to add a day to our park tickets for our August trip. Should I call or are they not doing this yet?

I called on Friday to do the same, they would not allow me to do it and couldn't tell me when I would be able to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter