• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ap sales suspended
Oh yeah, I actually forgot about this. I'd want to do this probably in February or March of 2021, though, so maybe things will be different then.

Edited to clarify: I have reservations to use the first day of my ticket in July, the second and third in October and November, and plan to use the fourth day sometime in February or March of 2021, and was wondering if on that last visit it would be possible to upgrade if they're selling APs by then.

My parents wisely purchased many Disney World theme park tickets in the 1980’s. They gave the tickets to me and these are the type of tickets that never expire. I used several of them last year and when I arrived at the park they directed me to guest services to “transfer” the printed ticket to my magic band, but I only brought enough tickets to cover our 3-day stay. I can only transfer them in-person (not online or over the phone) so my online account doesn’t show that I have any tickets. Thus, I am not going to be able to reserve a theme park in advance.

Will I be able to show up this August and use the tickets (even though I won’t have a theme park reservation)?
Thanks for the help.

1. OK.
2. Not very unusual.
3. Likely so, but nobody knows.
4. That was standard practice normally.
5. “Very old” and “Really old” are too imprecise to give a good answer.
6. Unlikely, but nobody knows.
As to “calling” for correct answers... that would certainly be hit or miss at this time. Sorry.

Thanks, Robo.

If you are able to give a different answer for #5, they are non-expiration tickets that originally had wp and more that were partially used. Otherwise, I'll just wait and see. :)

Is there a place to try and calculate what a base ticket would have cost before everything got shut down?

My daughter has resort reservations for april 2021(dvc member) but has to wait to buy tickets. I assume June 28. She went on to see if there was still availability for April but got the NOT SO FAST page. If there is no availability she would cancel her resort reservatyion but it looks like she won't be able to do that until after she buys the ticket. what happens if she buys a ticket then can't use it because of no opark availability

So far (except for the first couple of days they are open) I don't think there has been issues with true unavailability of days to reserve, just glitches that prevent us from booking them.

I'm not talking about covid, during regular times (pre/post covid) are APs refundable?
Why do i ask?

We're DVC. We're planning on visiting WDW in july 2021.
I'll be able to book our rooms in August 2020, for July 2021.

Normally i buy tickets just before 60 days (to book FPs)
But now with the park reservation requirement, i need to buy tickets as soon as i book, so that i can reserve park entrance.

But what if we end up not going?
It's easy to cancel a DVC booking, but what about the APs?
Can i return them?
Keep in mind, they will be unused. I will buy APs to be used starting the day of our vacation (july 2021).

If I have a 4-day Fl resident ticket and am spreading out my park visits over a few months, can I upgrade to an AP on the last park visit? That seems too good to be true and I think there must be a time limit within which you must upgrade from first day of use rather than last, but I can't find this information anywhere.
Don't forget that in the past, when you've upgraded a used ticket to an AP, the AP is good until one year after the first day of use of the original ticket.

I made a stupid mistake when booking my tickets - I accidently had them start August 13th when my hotel arrival is August 11th. When I called Disney last week they told it would be no big deal and the new system would know to link my resort stay date to my ticket date. I figured this was too good to be true - and it was. No big deal I know the world is crazy right now. The website is locked so you can't change your ticket date but on the ticket FAQ with the new reservation system it says you can just call to change your dates.
Does anyone know what the best number to call is?
All numbers I have for Disney are busy which again - no big deal - however, just want to make sure I am trying the right ones because I have called numbers before only to find out they are not the right ones haha. I am calling 407-939-4357 and 407-934-7639. Any luck with these numbers?

I'm not talking about covid, during regular times (pre/post covid) are APs refundable?
Why do i ask?

We're DVC. We're planning on visiting WDW in july 2021.
I'll be able to book our rooms in August 2020, for July 2021.

Normally i buy tickets just before 60 days (to book FPs)
But now with the park reservation requirement, i need to buy tickets as soon as i book, so that i can reserve park entrance.

But what if we end up not going?
It's easy to cancel a DVC booking, but what about the APs?
Can i return them?
Keep in mind, they will be unused. I will buy APs to be used starting the day of our vacation (july 2021).

You would be buying an AP voucher, which you then have to activate before entering a park. The vouchers in recent years have been good until 2030, so you could hold onto them until you wanted to use them. Generally however they are not refundable or returnable.

I had a DVC booking for August that I recently changed from August 15 arrival to August 10 arrival. I have tickets linked that were purchased with the beginning use date being August 15. Now I can not book park days for August 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 because the ticket starts on August 15. Is there a way to change that?

Thank you!!

Don't forget that in the past, when you've upgraded a used ticket to an AP, the AP is good until one year after the first day of use of the original ticket.
Thank you! This is what I wanted to know and I couldn't find the information anywhere.

If I’m reading the info correct, on June 28 will I be able to change my 4 day pass to a 5 day pass?

Has anyone received clarification on whether multi-day tickets, (at least those purchased before the parks closed down) still have the expiration dates (up to 14 days)? MDE still notes these are valid for any of the dates through September 26, 2021, but I can't get a clear answer on this expiration date anywhere. Makes a major difference for what we're hoping to reserve on the 28th.

I currently have 1 day ticket for Sept 20th. I have cancelled this trip. Now I have a 3 day park ticket for Dec 24 if I link these tickets will it override existing ones? Am trying to reserve parks for December. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter