Thanks for the quick reply Robo!

I cancelled my trips in 2020 for COVID and now I have to decide if I want to pay almost $2,000 extra just on my ticket for these trips and I have to shorten some of them to 10 days. Not to mention Memory Maker which I love Plus parking if I decide to stay offsite for any of them.

Darn, it's a tough choice. But thanks again.

@BillSears - it sounds like you had multiple visits cancelled last year so any chance you had an AP in 2020 that you canceled? If so, you may be eligible for a “recovery AP” but you’ll have to call.

@BillSears - it sounds like you had multiple visits cancelled last year so any chance you had an AP in 2020 that you canceled? If so, you may be eligible for a “recovery AP” but you’ll have to call.

Thanks but I didn't. I was thinking that I'd just get a 10-day pass then upgrade at the gate. A bad choice looking back on it but I made it before COVID arrived so it was a fine choice at the time.

Right now I'm thinking I'll keep the May trip. Reduce it from 2 weeks to 12 days. Take a couple of break days in the middle to stretch out the 10-day pass. Then decide on the rest depending on if/when Disney starts selling Annual Passes. No AP by September means no September trip, etc...

Not quite an upgrade (more of a downgrade) --- but anyone know if you have a valid park reservation (because of an AP voucher) .. if there is a way to buy a single -day ticket ON A DAY THAT IS AT CAPACITY?

I was going to go on a "big" Disney trip next week, but cancelled those plans and doing some non-Disney things instead. I don't want to activate my daughter's AP (her only ticket currently) for just one day, but doesn't seem like I can buy single day tickets anymore for 3/23 or 3/24 (one of the days I was thinking of just hitting a park for a day).

Any thoughts if I could call Disney to get an "exception" to getting a day ticket (since I already have a park reservation (that I won't be using unless i get a single day ticket). The person on the Disney "chat" service just gave me the boilerplate "those dates are unavailable". My next thought was maybe to just go to Disney Springs guest services and see if they can accommodate me there.

If not . .no big deal .. but my new (non-Disney) plans had a free day there and was going to see if we could swing in to DHS or something (especially if was able to snag a boarding pass).

if there is a way to buy a single -day ticket ON A DAY THAT IS AT CAPACITY?
If I understand your situation, you (your DD) already has an AP park reservation that day but you don't want to activate the AP yet. I suggest you call and plead your case to buy a 1-day ticket; you would likely need to be escalated to Guest Services because I don't think the regular phone CMs can do it. We're in unchartered waters here so there is no precedent to go by. But they aren't selling any tickets for those dates because there aren't park reservations available.

If I understand your situation, you (your DD) already has an AP park reservation that day but you don't want to activate the AP yet. I suggest you call and plead your case to buy a 1-day ticket; you would likely need to be escalated to Guest Services because I don't think the regular phone CMs can do it. We're in unchartered waters here so there is no precedent to go by. But they aren't selling any tickets for those dates because there aren't park reservations available.
That's my situation. I made the park reservations many months ago (when I was planning on going for a week long resort trip) .. and because she had an AP voucher I was able to make the reservation.

I will try and call and see what happens .. and if not I guess I will go IN PERSON to Guest Services at Disney Springs -- I just fear the line/wait may be long just to be told "no". I mean .. logically it makes sense I should be able to go with a different type of ticket .. but the system technically may not allow it.

Hey there,

Does anybody have a good contact for ticketing? We've got some armed forces salute tickets which will expire in September and I don't think we'll have a chance to use them by then. I've spent about 5.5 - 6.0 hours on hold the last two days and the two cast members weren't able to help me. The first one said ticketing wasn't accepting any more calls and told me to call back the next day. When I called back, I finally got to speak to a cast member who said they needed to put me on "a brief hold" while they got somebody else on the line who could help me. That was two hours ago... I think I have the hold music loop memorized.

Or maybe the Moose was right and the park is closed.

Thanks in advance
Griswold

Hello, I have tickets are set to expire on 9/26/21. The earliest we can go, and have booked, is 10/9/21. I know that Disney will honor the tickets at the price. Here is my question though...I purchased my tickets through “Tickets at Work” from my employer. Will I still be able to get full amount for my tickets? Or how does it work if I didn’t purchase tickets directly through Disney.

I know that Disney will honor the tickets at the price.
Disney will allow you to use the "Disney online value" of the expiring tickets towards new tickets for October; that's the value WDW would have charged for the same dates at the time you bought yours. You may need to pay more if the new dates are more expensive. You might be able to change them through MDE; if not you will have to call.

I couldn't get it to work on my computer but I eventually was able to do it through the app on my phone.
When you upgraded your days on your ticket, did you lose your park reservations for the other days? I need to add one more day on to our tickets, but didn't want to lose our park reservations - our Hollywood Studios is already at capacity... TIA!

When you upgraded your days on your ticket, did you lose your park reservations for the other days? I need to add one more day on to our tickets, but didn't want to lose our park reservations - our Hollywood Studios is already at capacity... TIA!
No I didn't lose anything.

Want to buy two, one day tickets from our military base. They say they expire on Sept. 26, 2021. We are going Oct 7th. So do I buy them and just pay the difference when we get there?

Want to buy two, one day tickets from our military base. They say they expire on Sept. 26, 2021. We are going Oct 7th. So do I buy them and just pay the difference when we get there?
Nope. Don’t buy those kind of tickets now.

I tried searching for this but not much luck on my specific ticket question. We were at WDW last year for Mardi Gras week (we’re from New Orleans). We were on our first day at DHS, and by following great ROTR tips from another thread, we landed Boarding Group 12. We were called early and got in line and about 35-40 minutes the ride had technical issues. The CMs led us out of the ride cue and then scanned our MB and they added to our accounts a next day ROTR Fastpass and a one-day "DHS park only” pass good for until 02/23/2022. We are going back in May (16-22) of this year and have a 7-day trip planned in the parks. We have 6-day Park Hoppers (date specific), purchased from UT and have been able to do all of our Park Reservations without issue. The only problem is that we want to use the free one-day “DHS Only” pass for our last day as we plan to bug out of WDW after we leave DHS. And we do want to park hop our first 6 days. Neither Disney website nor MDE lets you choose which pass you want to use for which day. Is there a secret to selecting which pass to use or will this require a long phone call, or a stop at CS window when we first arrive at DHS (our first park at our first day back)? Trying to avoid a 90-minute call to Disney but seems inevitable.

@duplantisjj If you have park reservations scheduled for all 7 days, including the free day, you'll just want to stop at a ticket window before entering your first park to have the tickets "prioritized." There is no way to do it yourself, and I wouldn't trust that phone CMs can do it either.

@duplantisjj If you have park reservations scheduled for all 7 days, including the free day, you'll just want to stop at a ticket window before entering your first park to have the tickets "prioritized." There is no way to do it yourself, and I wouldn't trust that phone CMs can do it either.

Yep, that's kind of what I'm thinking too. I would rather physically watch the CM prioritize the tickets than call and hope the one on the phone gets it right. Thanks for the response!

How long are Disney park tickets valid for? I planned a trip for November and want to get tickets now to make park reservations as early as possible. I'm also going in May 2022. If for some reason I have to cancel my Nov trip, will my tickets still be good in May? I usually get my tickets at a discount site, but I would think there would be more flexibility if I have to cancel buying direct form Disney. Any insight is appreciated!

I have a similar situation. The price you paid can be forwarded to May if needed. It may not be an exact day for day swap, but if you paid $400 for each ticket, you will receive that value for the May tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter