I usually get my tickets at a discount site, but I would think there would be more flexibility if I have to cancel buying direct form Disney. Any insight is appreciated!
Unless you are buying a "Resort Package" (room -and- tickets) directly from Disney...
In general, there is little difference from where you buy the tickets.
You can't "cancel" when you buy "tickets only" even from Disney.
If for some reason I have to cancel my Nov trip, will my tickets still be good in May?
All new tickets that you buy (from anywhere) will definitely have an "expiration date" (you can determine that date from the seller before you buy the tickets... and you should find that out) beyond which date you can't use those tickets, as-is.
But, all tickets that you buy (from anywhere,) once fully expired, will still retain their "Disney value" (the on-line Disney price on the date you bought them) that can be used toward buying new tickets... when you DO decide to go to WDW.

Not quite an upgrade (more of a downgrade) --- but anyone know if you have a valid park reservation (because of an AP voucher) .. if there is a way to buy a single -day ticket ON A DAY THAT IS AT CAPACITY?

I was going to go on a "big" Disney trip next week, but cancelled those plans and doing some non-Disney things instead. I don't want to activate my daughter's AP (her only ticket currently) for just one day, but doesn't seem like I can buy single day tickets anymore for 3/23 or 3/24 (one of the days I was thinking of just hitting a park for a day).

Any thoughts if I could call Disney to get an "exception" to getting a day ticket (since I already have a park reservation (that I won't be using unless i get a single day ticket). The person on the Disney "chat" service just gave me the boilerplate "those dates are unavailable". My next thought was maybe to just go to Disney Springs guest services and see if they can accommodate me there.

If not . .no big deal .. but my new (non-Disney) plans had a free day there and was going to see if we could swing in to DHS or something (especially if was able to snag a boarding pass).
Would you consider buying a ticket on ebay? You'll find new, 1-day, date unrestricted hoppers for sale. I did this for my family of 5 + 2 inlaws with no problems when we wanted 1 day in the parks before a cruise. I would have been nervous to buy longer duration tickets and besides, those are harder to find. Since you only need 1 ticket for 1 day you may want to look into this. I found that many of the sellers of this type of ticket had received them as some sort of prize/raffle or as a promotion for sitting through a time share spiel.

I only see one listing right now for $185 but I think they get snapped up quickly. When I did this in 2019 I set up a search so I was alerted when there were new listings. In August 2019 I got 3 for $450 ($150 each) and 4 for $520 ($130 each)

Last edited:
So not sure if anyone has had experience upgrading an expired ticket over the phone (and not Guest Service)... I have 3 2-day parkhoppers that expired in Jan 2019. I had to buy these tickets for a Free Dining bounceback that I scheduled in Sept 2017. Our premier AP's were still valid on our trip, so we didn't use the 2 day parkhoppers that we paid for to get the free dining. I want to use these tickets to upgrade to 8 day 1 park tickets for use this June. Has anyone had experience upgrading expired tickets over the phone? I am worried if I wait to do it in person in June, park reservations will be full for our preferred park. Also to complicate things, I never received physical tickets, and they don't show them in my account anymore since they are expired. I am assuming Disney can look up my old reservation #, though.

Thanks to both of you. I have a room only ressie so will be getting my tickets separately. One more question. I really want an AP. If we don't go in Nov and my tickets expire, can I still use them to bridge an AP when I go in May?

I apologize in advance if the answer to my question has been right in front of my face and I overlooked it.

We are staying off site Easter week and obviously park availability is extremely limited, actually only EPCOT is available. Since it is only my wife and I, we have no issue with only going to EPCOT for a few days.

With the new system do tickets need to be used on consecutive days?

I was trying to buy a three day ticket, but was unable because there isn’t availability three days in a row.

You have 5 days to use a 3-day ticket.

But you will not be able to buy one right now for a start date before April 8, because the parks are full before that most days.

I apologize in advance if the answer to my question has been right in front of my face and I overlooked it.

We are staying off site Easter week and obviously park availability is extremely limited, actually only EPCOT is available. Since it is only my wife and I, we have no issue with only going to EPCOT for a few days.

I was trying to buy a three day ticket, but was unable because there isn’t availability three days in a row.
A 3-Day Ticket is valid for any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date.

You can't buy tickets if one or more days have no availability, impacting ability to use all entitlements in the valid use window. To buy a 3-day ticket, it would have to start on Th 4/8 which would be good for a 5-day period through Mon 4/12. Mon/Tue/Wed the 5th thru 7th have no park availability, therefore you can't get 3 days of usewith an earlier start date.

Thanks for the responses. Stinks that I can’t get the three day tickets and would have to buy individual days.

Ugh! I was going to suggest a 4-day ticket would be less expensive than a 2-day + 1-day and give you 7 days to use it... but Th 4/8 just closed out. Not sure what dates you were thinking, but I would just pick one weekend or the other at this point.

I was on hold with Disney for 90 minutes today before I finally gave up and hung up.

I bought tickets that were dated for March 13, 2020. We did not use the tickets because we called our trip short because of Covid. I couldn't get anyone on the phone because that's when Disney announced their closure.

We are excited to go back this June. In the app, the unused tickets are there and it says there's an expiration date of 9/26/21, so I'm wondering if I can use them for this trip? I can't figure out how to change the date to June 4, 2021.

I thought maybe some of y'all could help. Thanks in advance!

I was on hold with Disney for 90 minutes today before I finally gave up and hung up.

I bought tickets that were dated for March 13, 2020. We did not use the tickets because we called our trip short because of Covid. I couldn't get anyone on the phone because that's when Disney announced their closure.

We are excited to go back this June. In the app, the unused tickets are there and it says there's an expiration date of 9/26/21, so I'm wondering if I can use them for this trip? I can't figure out how to change the date to June 4, 2021.

I thought maybe some of y'all could help. Thanks in advance!
You should be able to use them, no modification necessary. This was an exception to the ordinary expiration policies due to the closure.

Have you tried to make theme park reservations? The tickets should work as-is. With the extended expiration those tickets are good any day through 9/26/21.

Thanks to both of you. I have a room only ressie so will be getting my tickets separately. One more question. I really want an AP. If we don't go in Nov and my tickets expire, can I still use them to bridge an AP when I go in May?
If they are selling APs by then... yes.

Backround on whats listed in my MDE under tickets: Have 4 day PH date based from last december and 6 day PH. Currently have park reservations for 5 days. We leave in a week and no park reservations are available to onsite guests. My question: Is Disney allowing you to upgrade? I would like to add a day/PH to my 4 day and save my 6 day ticket. I know to go to guest services and have them use the 4 day after I have entered my first park.

Not quite an upgrade (more of a downgrade) --- but anyone know if you have a valid park reservation (because of an AP voucher) .. if there is a way to buy a single -day ticket ON A DAY THAT IS AT CAPACITY?

I was going to go on a "big" Disney trip next week, but cancelled those plans and doing some non-Disney things instead. I don't want to activate my daughter's AP (her only ticket currently) for just one day, but doesn't seem like I can buy single day tickets anymore for 3/23 or 3/24 (one of the days I was thinking of just hitting a park for a day).

Any thoughts if I could call Disney to get an "exception" to getting a day ticket (since I already have a park reservation (that I won't be using unless i get a single day ticket). The person on the Disney "chat" service just gave me the boilerplate "those dates are unavailable". My next thought was maybe to just go to Disney Springs guest services and see if they can accommodate me there.

If not . .no big deal .. but my new (non-Disney) plans had a free day there and was going to see if we could swing in to DHS or something (especially if was able to snag a boarding pass).

Did you happen to call? I'm in the exact same boat for 3/26 next week. We planned to go for the week, but are now staying with friends(about an hour away) for all but 2 nights so don't want to activate our passes for the 1 day that we want to go to the flower and garden festival. If it's going to be a hassle, we'll just skip it and do something else.

Did you happen to call? I'm in the exact same boat for 3/26 next week. We planned to go for the week, but are now staying with friends(about an hour away) for all but 2 nights so don't want to activate our passes for the 1 day that we want to go to the flower and garden festival. If it's going to be a hassle, we'll just skip it and do something else.
I called 407-560-2428
I was still told no. They said if no tickets are for sale .. they are "sold out" and can't sell them.

I think you are out of luck like I am.

When I explained that I wouldn't be ADDING to the capacity .. just using a different type of ticket to enter the park (with my current reservation) .. they still seemed like it couldn't happen. "You have to cancel your current reservation . and make a new one when you buy a new ticket and since the system won't let you buy a ticket, you are out of luck." "If you want to go the parks .. just use your current ticket (activate your annual pass)".

I essentially want to "downgrade" one of my tickets. It seems silly .. I get the park is full. I get that if I decided last minute to go to WDW that I couldn't (because the park is full) .. But I am "on the list" and have valid tickets for the family (which is why I was able to get "on the list").. I just want to buy/use a single day ticket instead of the ones I have in hand. I don't see why this is an issue besides the CMs I have talked to just limited by the system. Someone somewhere should be able to override the system.

It seems silly .. I am WILLING to throw $130+ of NEW money to Disney (plus souvenirs/food) to go for just ONE DAY . .but apparently they don't want me, so instead of getting hundreds of dollars from me.. they will be getting $0 and I am taking up the spots of four other people that COULD be going and spending money.

I am almost tempted to just go and try and pass off my daughter as a 3 year old .. she is unfortunately 4 1/2 .. :)

I may try one last ditch effort to go to Disney Springs Ticket Center and explain my case .. but if they don't want my money .. I will just take it their competitors .. like Sea World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter