• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yes, once you upgrade, you are paying full-boat Disney online prices (still cheaper than walk-up) in the upgrade price.

So does that essentially mean I’m not getting the discount anymore once I do this b/c I have to pay the current Disney ticket price plus the upgrade?
No.
It means you get to KEEP the discount.
It's as though you had originally paid the full on-line Disney price for your tickets.
(You would only pay more if Disney had raised general ticket prices between the time that you bought your tickets and the day that you upgrade.)

No.
It means you get to KEEP the discount.
It's as though you had originally paid the full on-line Disney price for your tickets.
(You would only pay more if Disney had raised general ticket prices between the time that you bought your tickets and the day that you upgrade.)

Hmm, I didn't see the savings stay when I upgraded from 4-day PH to 7-day PH+. I wonder if categories matter or not.

- once you upgrade, you are paying full-boat Disney online prices (still cheaper than walk-up) in the upgrade price.
If the upgrade is done correctly, you will "keep the discount" you got when you bought the original tickets. (Assuming no interim price increase.)

Hmm, I didn't see the savings stay when I upgraded from 4-day PH to 7-day PH+.

I wonder if categories matter or not.
Nope.
It can certainly depend on if the CM doing the upgrade knows the correct procedure.

Hi!
I have a 6 day *for the price of 4* Disney World ticket that will not be used. It's currently set for a week that my husband I decided to go but to sadly cancel our daughter's ticket. How do I go about making sure I don't lose those 4 days and can apply to a future trip ticket? I guess I"m not worried about the amount of days. I just want to know how to preserve the value and if I just let them expire with the start day listed or do something else?

I did cancel her park reservations. If I click 'change' it says something about if you do this, I will no longer be able to interact with 3rd party seller (UT) on this. I appreciate any insight on this. I tried Mr. Google etc. and I can try to call in the morning....

Hi!
I have a 6 day *for the price of 4* Disney World ticket that will not be used. It's currently set for a week that my husband I decided to go but to sadly cancel our daughter's ticket.
1. How do I go about making sure I don't lose those 4 days and can apply to a future trip ticket? I guess I"m not worried about the amount of days.
2. I just want to know how to preserve the value and if I just let them expire with the start day listed or do something else?
3. I did cancel her park reservations.
1. & 2. No need to do anything. That happens by default.
I would copy down the actual ticket NUMBER and keep that safe for your future reference, because when your unused ticket expires, it will become "invisible" (to you) in your MDX account.
3. That's fine.
Sorry to hear that she can't go on this trip.

I have a 6 day *for the price of 4* Disney World ticket that will not be used... How do I go about making sure I don't lose those 4 days and can apply to a future trip ticket? I"m not worried about the amount of days.
Just to add -- you have a 6-day ticket not a 4-day ticket. The "for the price of 4" was a promotion by the third party seller but the product you purchased is a full 6-day ticket. The credit should be equal to the 6-day ticket on WDW website for your dates. Look that up and make note of it along with the ticket number.

That is what I thought. Guess I'll call the line and see if receive any Pixie dust!
So it would be the Passholder line and not MS, since bought through MS?
I have a question about the DVC Gold annual pass. I renewed ours ,as was expiring 5/14/21 and had planned trip in October 2021 and also January 2022. I am probably going to be cancelling the October trip because grandson unable to be vaccinated. The January trip is cancelled because of expecting new addition to family. It appears that next visit will be end of May 2022.
The gold pass shows in MDE as pass with expiration 2099. Does it still expire one year after the original expired, even if not used in the year?
Sorry that you are cancelling January 2022 -- I guess I will be golfing solo again! :goodvibes
But congratulations on the new addition:thumbsup2

I doubt this will ever work, but any chance that I can take a WDW PH ticket and somehow apply it to a Magic Key pass? I live on the west coast so it’s more likely to go back to DLR then back to WDW.

I doubt this will ever work, but any chance that I can take a WDW PH ticket and somehow apply it to a Magic Key pass? I live on the west coast so it’s more likely to go back to DLR then back to WDW.
WDW and DLR ticketing are completely separate and independent operations.

Hi -- I have an odd question (I think). I've spent the morning grabbing rooms for 3 couples to go in Feb 2022. I had trouble, for whatever reason, in getting the "park reservations" step to work on my computer (errors, blank screen). So I switched to the MDE app to see if I could do it (I could). But when I clicked on "tickets and passes", I noticed that in addition to the park hoppers we have for the Feb 2022 trip, my husband and I have "1 day remaining" on park hoppers that expire next month. I'm presuming they are the leftover day from when we left on March 14, 2020 which was a day before our original plans ended. WDW did give us a refund after that trip, we had room, hoppers, and dining plan. My recollection was that the refund amount covered all of that (though at the time, we were very distracted by all that was going on, the refund took awhile to get, and we were just relieved to be home and healthy).

Anyway -- I can't find any sign of those hoppers with 1 day left on the web, just in the app. Is there somewhere I should be looking? I guess I should just call and see. We may decide to pop down there for a quick weekend of pool and 1 day in parks.

I'm presuming they are the leftover day from when we left on March 14, 2020 which was a day before our original plans ended
If it expires 9/26/2021 that's a pretty good bet. Why you don't see it on the computer - probably the wonky Disney IT. You could try making a park reservation for a date next month to see if it works. If the ticket is still valid, that should work. You can call to confirm but be prepared to be on hold a while.

If it expires 9/26/2021 that's a pretty good bet. Why you don't see it on the computer - probably the wonky Disney IT. You could try making a park reservation for a date next month to see if it works. If the ticket is still valid, that should work.

It worked! Ha! We'll see if we end up going. We'd already canceled different travel plans for Sept due to COVID, so now to live in the Go/No Go thread and see where we land.

Thanks!

I wasn’t sure where to post this one...

I originally bought my family each a one day ticket for August 3rd. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our park reservations. Now my tickets are not showing in MDE. When I try to re-link the tickets, I get an error message telling me it has already been linked.

I am trying to use those tickets to make a park reservation in September. Is there a way for me to do this online? If so, would you mind walking me through it please?

I spent a total of 2.5 hours on and off on hold today only to be hung up on each time I called before I could even speak with a human. I just don’t have it in me to do this again tomorrow.

Ugh, I'm so sorry you got disconnected after each time waiting :(.

I've never experienced this issue. I'm sorry if this is obvious, but did you try making the reservation anyway (maybe it's a display issue with MDE but the ticket is there?) Or try to rescan with the app (which is glitchy when first linking anyway!) but might work?

Which number were you calling, was it Disney IT? I forget what number I've used in the past, but it may have been this one? (407) 939-4357.

When I needed to change my tickets last month, I got in touch via chat and asked for a call back. It seemed like they called me back sooner than I would have gotten through on hold, and I didn't have to sit there listening to hold music and hoping my call didn't drop for 2+ hours.

I originally bought my family each a one day ticket for August 3rd. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our park reservations. Now my tickets are not showing in MDE. When I try to re-link the tickets, I get an error message telling me it has already been linked.
The tickets are still linked, however they have now expired which is why you can't see them in MDE. A 1-day ticket is only valid for that single date. Since that date has passed you will need to call to get the date changed. Be aware that may (or not) incur an additional fee if your new date is more expensive (no refund if less expensive). Once the date is changed on the ticket, then you can make new theme park reservations.

Okay, I have been procrastinating on buying tickets for January 2022 for two reasons... I've been hoping that annual passes would return (sooner rather than later) and I've been hedging our bets in case the pandemic continues to worsen and we wind up canceling. My original plan was to purchase 8 or 9 day park hoppers (for our family of 4) from an authorized reseller, as we have done many times, and then upgrade them at the end of our trip if APs return. If all goes smoothly (meaning APs return by then and Disney does not change its bridging policy), we'd save a couple hundred dollars. However, if we decide to cancel, I don't believe that I could get a refund on the tickets. There's also the risk that Disney changes its policies and will not allow me to upgrade a ticket from an authorized reseller.

Would it be safer for me to buy my tickets directly from Disney, even though it costs more? If we canceled our trip, would Disney refund my money or at least put it toward AP vouchers if and when APs return?

I really need to pull the trigger so I can make park reservations, so any thoughts would be appreciated!

Quick question (currently been on hold with WDW for just under an hour so if I can't even do what I want to, I'm going to stop wasting my time lol).

I need to rebook a vacation currently scheduled for September to January next year. My tickets expire September 26. Do I need to wait for them to expire prior to calling to apply their credit to the new dates? Or can I rebook today and have Disney change over the expired tickets to the new dates now even though they aren't expired yet (but will be for the new reservation).

My tickets expire September 26. Do I need to wait for them to expire prior to calling to apply their credit to the new dates? Or can I rebook today and have Disney change over the expired tickets to the new dates now even though they aren't expired yet (but will be for the new reservation).
Have you tried making the change in MDE? Some folks have been able to do that. You do not need to wait until they expire to change the date, but if you can't do it online you will need to call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter