Would it be safer for me to buy my tickets directly from Disney, even though it costs more? If we canceled our trip, would Disney refund my money or at least put it toward AP vouchers if and when APs return?
Generally speaking, stand-alone tickets (not part of a package) are non-refundable regardless of where purchased. You could book a package (resort+tickets) which would then be fully-refundable until 30 days prior to check-in, and/or can be modified to new dates once you are within that 30-day window. Or you can purchase tickets from an authorized reseller. If you end up cancelling the January plans you can use the tickets as credit for a new date.

As to whether you can upgrade to APs -- I would be highly surprised if WDW doesn't allow third-party tickets to be upgraded to whatever new AP comes out. It is possible they'll change those rules, but I doubt it.

Okay, I have been procrastinating on buying tickets for January 2022 for two reasons... I've been hoping that annual passes would return (sooner rather than later) and I've been hedging our bets in case the pandemic continues to worsen and we wind up canceling. My original plan was to purchase 8 or 9 day park hoppers (for our family of 4) from an authorized reseller, as we have done many times, and then upgrade them at the end of our trip if APs return. If all goes smoothly (meaning APs return by then and Disney does not change its bridging policy), we'd save a couple hundred dollars. However, if we decide to cancel, I don't believe that I could get a refund on the tickets. There's also the risk that Disney changes its policies and will not allow me to upgrade a ticket from an authorized reseller.

Would it be safer for me to buy my tickets directly from Disney, even though it costs more? If we canceled our trip, would Disney refund my money or at least put it toward AP vouchers if and when APs return?

I really need to pull the trigger so I can make park reservations, so any thoughts would be appreciated!

We don't have a crystal ball so most of your questions will be hard to answer. The best I could say is that if you are going in Jan 22, just get the reseller PH tickets and make your reservations. Better to satisfy your trip than to mess up the trip. Hope that helps

I’ve been trying to hold out to buy tickets to see if any ap news is released; however, I’m getting nervous about not going ahead and purchasing tickets for our trip. If I buy tickets and then APs become available and we want to get one, historically, can we upgrade purchased tickets for a later trip to an ap to be used at an earlier trip? Ex: purchase tickets for November, but upgrade them to an AP and use in October

I’ve been trying to hold out to buy tickets to see if any ap news is released; however, I’m getting nervous about not going ahead and purchasing tickets for our trip. If I buy tickets and then APs become available and we want to get one, historically, can we upgrade purchased tickets for a later trip to an ap to be used at an earlier trip? Ex: purchase tickets for November, but upgrade them to an AP and use in October

Historically you can upgrade to AP with purchased tickets with a few exceptions (promo tickets, etc). Hard to say how timing works with the new AP program and your schedule, but I'll let the ones with more background on tickets answer that.

Generally speaking, stand-alone tickets (not part of a package) are non-refundable regardless of where purchased. You could book a package (resort+tickets) which would then be fully-refundable until 30 days prior to check-in, and/or can be modified to new dates once you are within that 30-day window. Or you can purchase tickets from an authorized reseller. If you end up cancelling the January plans you can use the tickets as credit for a new date.

As to whether you can upgrade to APs -- I would be highly surprised if WDW doesn't allow third-party tickets to be upgraded to whatever new AP comes out. It is possible they'll change those rules, but I doubt it.
Thank you!

I am sure this has been asked 1,000 times and I did search but didn't see it (lack of coffee probably).

I had a late March 2020 trip which obviously was canceled by Disney. The tickets ultimately were extended to 9/26, just like everyone else's. The 're-do' trip is for March 2022. I cannot do the change in MDE as they were from a popular discounted site, but are linked to MDE.

1) What # is best to call to get the tickets usable for March?
2) I know they can be bridged, so I am either paying something or hopefully nothing at all. I think I bought before the 2020 increase so I probably will pay more; I really can't figure it out and I'll just let Disney figure it out. Allears etc. isn't helpful to see what the value of the ticket was at the time of purchase in 1/2020. I know what I paid to the discounter but that isn't the value of the ticket. What I paid the discounter was $1079.11 and what it costs from the discounter today is $1199.80 a difference of $120.69. I am prepared to pay that, but definitely not more.

I think Disney should have made any tickets that expired in March-July Non-expiring, just to keep it simple and for goodwill. Even if I only pay $5 more (unlikely), I will be annoyed I had to call and pay. I won't even go through the hoops we went through to get our DVC gold pass! Nothing lately has been very magical :confused3

Hi, I have a similar question. I bought tickets through a reseller and added it to MDE for a trip my family was planning on taking starting September 2, but we're cancelling b/c of Delta. I can see the tickets on MDE and have the option to move them to a later time. Question is, (assuming their same AP rules apply) could I move the tickets to a date in the future (perhaps sometime in October or November), pay the difference between the tickets and then pay to upgrade those tickets to AP when APs become available again? If so, could that be done in MDE or would I need to be there in person? I was reading a couple of the stickied posts on pg.1 and it sounded like you need to be in person to convert/upgrade tickets to APs, but just wanted to clarify since I was confused. Thanks in advance and super appreciate this thread!! Before finding this, I wasn't even aware that those tickets could even be moved to a different date and that we wasted hundreds of dollars buying through a reseller (ironically to save a couple bucks)!

Hi, I have a similar question. I bought tickets through a reseller and added it to MDE for a trip my family was planning on taking starting September 2, but we're cancelling b/c of Delta. I can see the tickets on MDE and have the option to move them to a later time. Question is, (assuming their same AP rules apply)
1. could I move the tickets to a date in the future (perhaps sometime in October or November), pay the difference between the tickets and then pay to upgrade those tickets to AP when APs become available again? If so,
2. could that be done in MDE or would I need to be there in person?
1. Yes. It is possible to upgrade tickets multiple times.
2. In-person at WDW.

Hi everyone, haven't kept up but is bridging still active at the parks for someone whose pass got refunded in 2020?

Hi everyone, haven't kept up but is bridging still active at the parks for someone whose pass got refunded in 2020?
What can be done is that you can use the original value of the older ticket to help purchase a new ticket

Got it, so no more upgrading into an annual pass, but instead just getting a daily ticket
Right now, no APs are available. Nobody knows what will be allowed as far as upgrades once APs (or the replacement) are back. I expect they will continue to allow tickets to be upgraded but that’s just my opinion.

I cannot find the answer to this simple question -- if I buy tickets (say a 5 day pass through either Disney or UT) for a week in November but then our plans change, can those be used at a later date? We may decide when it gets closer to cancel November and go instead in February.

I cannot find the answer to this simple question -- if I buy tickets (say a 5 day pass through either Disney or UT) for a week in November but then our plans change, can those be used at a later date? We may decide when it gets closer to cancel November and go instead in February.
If you change your dates before the current dates of your tickets pass, you can change the dates, possibly online via MDE. If their dates pass without those tickets being used, they’ll disappear from your MDE account (so you need to keep a record of ticket numbers) and you’ll have to call to change the dates (Disney will be able to see them, though). In any case, you’ll have to pay any difference in price if the new tickets cost more than what you have, while there’s no refund if they cost less. You’ll be looking at the online Disney price of the tickets you have when you bought them vs. the online Disney price for the tickets you want.

Let’s say we have a ticket credit from expired tickets, if a new promo comes out, could you use that credit to purchase promo tickets, or could you only use the credit on regular price tickets?

Let’s say we have a ticket credit from expired tickets, if a new promo comes out, could you use that credit to purchase promo tickets, or could you only use the credit on regular price tickets?
Use tor any kind of tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter