To purchase our tickets for a November trip I could save about $200 to purchase through a reseller. Is there any reason NOT to buy through the authorized reseller? Would it make it easier for any reason to purchase direct through Disney even though the price is higher? Finally, the reseller offers a 5 day ticket and they also offer a 4 day ticket with 1 day free at the exact same price --- that doesn't make much sense, is one better than the other?

To purchase our tickets for a November trip I could save about $200 to purchase through a reseller. Is there any reason NOT to buy through the authorized reseller? Would it make it easier for any reason to purchase direct through Disney even though the price is higher? Finally, the reseller offers a 5 day ticket and they also offer a 4 day ticket with 1 day free at the exact same price --- that doesn't make much sense, is one better than the other?
actually, I think the price difference is only $70 not $200

The only reason to purchase through Disney, IMHO, is that the tickets are linked immediately to your MDE and you can modify them (change dates, add PH) easily through MDE. With tickets from an authorized reseller, you have to enter the ticket numbers into MDE and link them yourself - very easy to do - and may or may not be able to change them through MDE. We've always purchased from an authorized reseller to save the $. And no, there's usually no difference between the 5 day ticket and the 4 day plus 1 day free ticket - they're usually the same ticket, unless there's some special deal going on (e.g. DVC had a deal earlier this year, buy 4 days get 2 days free, and if people later wanted to apply the value of those tickets toward buying different tickets, they only got the value of the 4 day ticket, not a 6 day ticket). I've always checked Disney's prices as well as several of the authorized resellers before buying.

The only reason to purchase through Disney, IMHO, is that the tickets are linked immediately to your MDE and you can modify them (change dates, add PH) easily through MDE. With tickets from an authorized reseller, you have to enter the ticket numbers into MDE and link them yourself - very easy to do - and may or may not be able to change them through MDE. We've always purchased from an authorized reseller to save the $. And no, there's usually no difference between the 5 day ticket and the 4 day plus 1 day free ticket - they're usually the same ticket, unless there's some special deal going on (e.g. DVC had a deal earlier this year, buy 4 days get 2 days free, and if people later wanted to apply the value of those tickets toward buying different tickets, they only got the value of the 4 day ticket, not a 6 day ticket). I've always checked Disney's prices as well as several of the authorized resellers before buying.

Just to make sure I am clear, if I buy tickets from an authorized reseller for a Jan 22 trip and need to reschedule, I would not be able to change those tickets linked in my MDE to a new date (and pay the difference if applicable) within MDE, I would need to call Disney? or is this not allowed at all?

Just to make sure I am clear, if I buy tickets from an authorized reseller for a Jan 22 trip and need to reschedule, I would not be able to change those tickets linked in my MDE to a new date (and pay the difference if applicable) within MDE, I would need to call Disney? or is this not allowed at all?
It's allowed - I'm just not certain about making changes online in MDE. I think you can do it in MDE, as long as you do it before the existing tickets' dates pass, but I can't remember for certain whether resellers' tickets cause issues or not. Hopefully someone else will come along who has experience or knowledge to straighten that out!

We have a guest traveling with us in November. He doesn't have an MDE profile, but I guess I made one for him when I added him to my Friends and Family list in MDE. If I buy a ticket and assign it to him in my MDE, but then he ends up not traveling with us, can I just reassign that ticket to someone else in my MDE? Would it matter if I purchased it directly from Disney or from an authorized reseller? Thanks!

We have a guest traveling with us in November. He doesn't have an MDE profile, but I guess I made one for him when I added him to my Friends and Family list in MDE.
1. If I buy a ticket and assign it to him in my MDE, but then he ends up not traveling with us, can I just reassign that ticket to someone else in my MDE?
2. Would it matter if I purchased it directly from Disney or from an authorized reseller? Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. No.

I wonder if we will still be able to bridge paid theme park tickets to the NEW Annual passes?

I wonder if we will still be able to bridge paid theme park tickets to the NEW Annual passes?
From the Disney page announcing the new program:
"Starting September 8, extend the fun by upgrading an eligible ticket into a select Annual Pass.
If you purchased an eligible theme park ticket, you can apply the entire price paid into a select Annual Pass. Eligibility rules apply."

I'm also curious about tickets that were used during the time when AP's were unavailable. We went in March (2021) and I asked guest services if I could somehow log my tickets to credit for a future AP purchase when AP's were available -- because we knew we would go again in November and December. They told me then that they were keeping track of that for awhile, but had stopped doing it by the time I was there.

So right now I have tickets purchased (but unused) for an upcoming November trip. It's clear that those I could credit toward an AP purchase. But if I cannot "back-credit" my March 2021 tickets, then the math no longer makes sense. I'm guessing this will require a conversation with Disney...

Robo,

I have a WDW visit coming up 12/24 leaving 1/3/22. I currently have a multi-day ticket for this trip. If I upgrade to an AP at the beginning of the trip it would have to be an Incredi-Pass due to the blackout dates. If I wait till 1/1/22 and upgrade would I be able to upgrade to the Sorcerer Pass? I am a DVC member so I would meet that qualification.

Robo,

I have a WDW visit coming up 12/24 leaving 1/3/22. I currently have a multi-day ticket for this trip. If I upgrade to an AP at the beginning of the trip it would have to be an Incredi-Pass due to the blackout dates.
If I wait till 1/1/22 and upgrade would I be able to upgrade to the Sorcerer Pass? I am a DVC member so I would meet that qualification.
Yes.
You can upgrade to any kind of available AP (even though you may have used your original ticket during a time when your choice of new AP would not be valid) up until close-of-business ON the same day that you use your original ticket's last asset.

I'm also curious about tickets that were used during the time when AP's were unavailable. We went in March (2021) and I asked guest services if I could somehow log my tickets to credit for a future AP purchase when AP's were available -- because we knew we would go again in November and December. They told me then that they were keeping track of that for awhile, but had stopped doing it by the time I was there.

So right now I have tickets purchased (but unused) for an upcoming November trip. It's clear that those I could credit toward an AP purchase. But if I cannot "back-credit" my March 2021 tickets, then the math no longer makes sense. I'm guessing this will require a conversation with Disney...
As always, explain carefully and completely... and ask nicely.

Question (apologies in advance if it's already been addressed):

In February 2019, I bought a voucher for a Gold AP (DVC member). It was never activated as I haven't traveled to WDW since then. Do you think I'll be allowed to activate it on my upcoming trip at the end of September? Or will I need to upgrade it to one of the new AP's rolled out this morning? Any ideas who I could contact to find out if this is too new of a question?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Question (apologies in advance if it's already been addressed):

In February 2019, I bought a voucher for a Gold AP (DVC member). It was never activated as I haven't traveled to WDW since then. Do you think I'll be allowed to activate it on my upcoming trip at the end of September? Or will I need to upgrade it to one of the new AP's rolled out this morning? Any ideas who I could contact to find out if this is too new of a question?

Thanks in advance for any help!
You could call the DVC line.
However, since they JUST ANNOUNCED the new APs today, I would certainly wait several days, or so, to try and call.
Time for the new info to spread to the phone CMs... and for the number of guests calling to wain a bit.

For upgrading to AP, can the value of tickets from two people be used towards one AP? For example, I have 4-day tickets for me and my wife. Could I use the value of both of our tickets to upgrade to an AP just for me? With the new APs, not yet sure if it's worth having both of us getting APs. Thanks!

For upgrading to AP, can the value of tickets from two people be used towards one AP? For example, I have 4-day tickets for me and my wife. Could I use the value of both of our tickets to upgrade to an AP just for me? With the new APs, not yet sure if it's worth having both of us getting APs. Thanks!
Maybe, but generally only if the tickets have not been used at all before upgrading.
Once a ticket has started to be used it can only be used to help upgrade to only one higher-priced ticket.

Last edited:
My guest doesn't want to go to Boo Bash anymore. Think I can get this applied to my APs instead? Should I try to get it applied to a regular ticket for me first?

My guest doesn't want to go to Boo Bash anymore. Think I can get this applied to my APs instead? Should I try to get it applied to a regular ticket for me first?
You can “ask nicely.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter