People on the other thread have reported upgrading current/future tickets to APs by phone this morning, so you should be able to do that with your May 2022 tickets. Just be prepared for a long hold.

Is it possible to upgrade tickets dated for May 2022 to an annual pass with the new annual passes or is it still only in person? The tickets were originally purchased for May 2020 through UT then upgraded to May 2022 through Disney and are linked in MDE. I know I can call and ask but was trying to avoid a long wait time if the answer is no.
Would you please report back on your success? I am curious about this as well.

Is it possible to upgrade tickets dated for May 2022 to an annual pass with the new annual passes or is it still only in person? The tickets were originally purchased for May 2020 through UT then upgraded to May 2022 through Disney and are linked in MDE. I know I can call and ask but was trying to avoid a long wait time if the answer is no.

I would love to know the outcome of this. I have tickets for a trip that was supposed to happen in May2020 and they extended the expiration date to 9/26/21. I only have one park day left and it really work out if I can upgrade to the Sorcerer Pass.

If anyone YOLOs the ticket to AP upgrade while having park reservations tied to the ticket don’t forget to report back on if the park reservations got cancelled like the phone CMs are saying will happen.

*Don’t YOLO it if there aren’t reservations currently available for your park pass days*

I would love to know the outcome of this. I have tickets for a trip that was supposed to happen in May2020 and they extended the expiration date to 9/26/21. I only have one park day left and it really work out if I can upgrade to the Sorcerer Pass.
I'll update once I figure it out. I'm not DVC so it may be a different answer.

As long as you are keeping the resort room, it should only be the $50 change fee (and sometimes they waive it). Not the full deposit. Tell them you need to change to a "basic package" which is essentially a room-only reservation using the package payment terms.

As for the theme park passes... people have upgraded and changed tickets over the past year with no impact to theme park reservations. I understand recently the phone CMs have warned of losing park reservations when upgrading to an AP. The theme park reservations have not been tied to any specific ticket media, just required "valid" ticket media in the account. As long as the AP you purchase is not blocked out for 10/1, you should be ok. But until someone tries it, we can't know for certain. I plan to watch for reports about that today.

Thank you!

If anyone YOLOs the ticket to AP upgrade while having park reservations tied to the ticket don’t forget to report back on if the park reservations got cancelled like the phone CMs are saying will happen.

*Don’t YOLO it if there aren’t reservations currently available for your park pass days*

What does YOLO mean in this context?

Waited online 40 minutes for annual pass line to ask if a partially used military promotional MYW ticket can be used to upgrade to dvc sorcerer pass (ticket was just bought and partially used aug2021) only to be told have to call DVC direct and that they can’t answer my question. I pushed back after reading on the DIS of several people being told dvc has always and is still referring people to the regular ticket number to purchase when an upgrade is involved. Anyone else trying this ?

Typically a ticket can only be upgraded within 14 days of first use, even if there are still valid entitlements left on it. They did create some special expiration rules for tickets impacted by the closure, so maybe you can still upgrade it. Not sure. But if so, expect the expiration will back-date to 12-months from when you first used the ticket.

It might be a bad day to ask this question with it being AP day, but curious about combining ticket days...

We have a 10 day ticket that will stretch the full 14 days.

We're now going to be staying an extra day or so. Unfortunately I know we can't purchase an "eleventh" day, but to purchase just a single day ticket on 10/4 it's like $140/person.

Is there any possibility of calling Disney to see if they can split it into two tickets like a 5 and 6 day or something.

From reading the FAQ in post 5, it might not even be possible (and maybe not even make financial sense either!)

Curious to hear anyone's experience.

Thanks!

Waited online 40 minutes for annual pass line to ask if a partially used military promotional MYW ticket can be used to upgrade to dvc sorcerer pass (ticket was just bought and partially used aug2021) only to be told have to call DVC direct and that they can’t answer my question. I pushed back after reading on the DIS of several people being told dvc has always and is still referring people to the regular ticket number to purchase when an upgrade is involved. Anyone else trying this ?
Ok I reached DVC MS and he felt terrible saying the AP ticket line should have been able to tell me that answer and that the rule for partially used upgrades can only be done in person .

We have a 10 day ticket that will stretch the full 14 days.

We're now going to be staying an extra day or so. Unfortunately I know we can't purchase an "eleventh" day, but to purchase just a single day ticket on 10/4 it's like $140/person.

Is there any possibility of calling Disney to see if they can split it into two tickets like a 5 and 6 day or something.
A 5-day plus a 6-day will cost you much more than a 10-day plus a 1-day.

If you add the hopper-plus option, it will extend your 10-day ticket for use over 15 days. It doesn't add another theme park entry, but gives you 10 water park or mini-golf entries, so something to do on that last day. If you already have hoppers, it's very cheap to add the "plus" option, and even if you don't have hoppers it's probably less expensive to add "hopper-plus" than adding a 1-day theme park entry.

Edited because thread was moved here:

I am purchasing 5 day tickets for our October trip this week. If I want to add 5 days while we are there, will I still get the discounted rate for purchasing 10 days total? Or will I essentially "start over again" in terms of per day cost?

I think I know the answer to this, but things seem to change so rapidly these days, so I wanted to make sure.

Last edited:
Will I still get the discounted rate for purchasing 10 days total? Or will I essentially "start over again" in terms of per day cost?

I think I know the answer to this, but things seem to change so rapidly these days,so I wanted to make sure.
Assuming that nothing has changed overnight, you will pay the difference between the gate price of the 5-day ticket you purchase and the gate price of a 10-day ticket as long as you do not use ever day of the 5-day ticket without upgrading by the last day.

Will I still get the discounted rate for purchasing 10 days total? Or will I essentially "start over again" in terms of per day cost?
And, the REASON that you will get the full value of the 10-day ticket when upgrading to AP is that the AP will be back-dated to "start on" the first day that you used your original ticket. The upgrade will effectively make your admission situation "as though you had bought and used the AP in the first place."

This is my "I bought my first AP, now how do we use them?" set of questions:

We bought two Sorcerer APs online this morning, one with PhotoPass. They appear in DW and my MDE under our tickets, and have an expiration date of 12/31/2099.

1) Am I correct in understanding that these have to be "activated" by going to guest services?
2) That they can be activated before we first plan on using them in the park? For example, at Disney Springs on 09/18/21 even though we won't be in the parks again until 10/01/21.
3) That the anniversary date will be the day on which we first use them to enter a park, not the day we activate them?
4) Can park reservations be made using the APs as the ticket before they are activated?
5) Can we start using the APs for discounts, say at a resort restaurant or shop, prior to activating them? After activating them but before using them to get into a park?
6) What do we need to have/show in order to use the AP discounts?

Thanks as always!

Just purchased annual passes for the first time. When I check MDE, it says expires on 9/7/22. I assume this will change when we activate our passes? We won't be doing that until December. I want to make sure we get the full year we need!

This is my "I bought my first AP, now how do we use them?" set of questions:

We bought two Sorcerer APs online this morning, one with PhotoPass. They appear in DW and my MDE under our tickets, and have an expiration date of 12/31/2099.

1) Am I correct in understanding that these have to be "activated" by going to guest services?
2) That they can be activated before we first plan on using them in the park? For example, at Disney Springs on 09/18/21 even though we won't be in the parks again until 10/01/21.
3) That the anniversary date will be the day on which we first use them to enter a park, not the day we activate them?
4) Can park reservations be made using the APs as the ticket before they are activated?
5) Can we start using the APs for discounts, say at a resort restaurant or shop, prior to activating them? After activating them but before using them to get into a park?
6) What do we need to have/show in order to use the AP discounts?

Thanks as always!
1) yes. GR will give you an AP card, which you are supposed to show along with photo ID to get discounts, park parking, etc.
2,3,4) yes
5) you’re supposed to show AP and ID, but some CMs will accept a MB scan
6) see 1 & 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter