Just purchased annual passes for the first time. When I check MDE, it says expires on 9/7/22. I assume this will change when we activate our passes? We won't be doing that until December. I want to make sure we get the full year we need!
You have to activate your AP by 9/7/22. If you don’t, it turns into a credit you can apply to the purchase of another AP or ticket. Once activated, it’s good for a year after first park entry.

My AP expired on June 28th and I was able to renew it by phone. This is what is currently sitting on my MDE:
Platinum Pass Renewal Exchange
Expires: Tue, Dec 31, 2030

I’m planning to arrive for 3 nights this Sunday and have Boo Bash tickets so probably won’t even need AP to access parks. I also have another trip planned for January. My question is ...if I wait to activate the current AP renewal I have currently sitting in MDE will the expiration date regardless of whether I activate this weekend or the end of Jan?

My AP expired on June 28th and I was able to renew it by phone. This is what is currently sitting on my MDE:
Platinum Pass Renewal Exchange
Expires: Tue, Dec 31, 2030

I’m planning to arrive for 3 nights this Sunday and have Boo Bash tickets so probably won’t even need AP to access parks. I also have another trip planned for January. My question is ...if I wait to activate the current AP renewal I have currently sitting in MDE will the expiration date regardless of whether I activate this weekend or the end of Jan?
In the past, a RENEWAL was just that.
It kept the same anniversary (expiration) date as the previous AP (plus one year.)
-You were just RENEWING the previous AP, by adding another year.-

However, the pandemic closure has made some "adjustments" in the way things can work.
It is quite possible that your current version of the AP will not start counting down until you actually start to use it.
But, you'll just need to wait and see for sure.

Can anyone confirm that if presently held tickets (in my case the trip is late October and we have 7-day ph tickets) are upgraded to an AP, all current park reservations are lost? This is what is being sporadically reported on this and other sites, but need some more credible info. before I try to take the plunge. THANKS!

Can anyone confirm that if presently held tickets (in my case the trip is late October and we have 7-day ph tickets) are upgraded to an AP, all current park reservations are lost? This is what is being sporadically reported on this and other sites, but need some more credible info. before I try to take the plunge. THANKS!

This is my exact question as well! Also wondering about Memory Maker. There is a discount to buy it with the AP, but if we don't do the AP, to get the advance purchase price and use on the first day of your trip, you have to do it 3 days in advance, so trying to figure out my plan.

Also, does anyone have the exact list of discounts offered with the new AP's? Last I looked it just said "up to 20%" but it wasn't clear.

Does anyone know about upgrading from day passes to the new APs and if it works like it did in the past? I will be at WDW for a few days the week before Christmas and the dates bleed into the blackout dates from the new Sorcerer Pass (I am a DVC member so can purchase it). I do not plan on going during any other blackout dates for the next year.

Can I buy a 4-day Parkhopper for those days and then on the last day before I leave upgrade to the Sorcerer Pass and pay the difference?

Does it make sense to do this?

My trip is from 9/18 - 9/22 (4 park days). I currently have a 5-day park hopper from last year that was extended to 9/26/21. It has 1 day remaining. Assuming they'll allow me to upgrade to a Sorcerer Pass with it, the price difference would be about $400 and the AP would presumably be backdated to 9/23/21 (date of first use).

Today, a 4-day park hopper costs $500, so I'm thinking I might as well upgrade my ticket, save $100 (since it's only $400 to upgrade vs $500 to buy a new multi-day ticket) and get the AP benefits even though the pass will expire literally the day after my trip?

1. My trip is from 9/18 - 9/22 (4 park days).
2. I currently have a 5-day park hopper from last year that was extended to 9/26/21. It has 1 day remaining.
3. Assuming they'll allow me to upgrade to a Sorcerer Pass with it,
4. the price difference would be about $400 and the AP would presumably be backdated to 9/23/21 (date of first use).

5. Today, a 4-day park hopper costs $500, so I'm thinking I might as well upgrade my ticket, save $100 (since it's only $400 to upgrade vs $500 to buy a new multi-day ticket) and get the AP benefits even though the pass will expire literally the day after my trip?
1. What ticket are you using for those 4 park days?
2. "1 day remaining" from WHEN? When did you use the other 4 days?
3. If you are trying to do that from a ticket that was partially-used on a previous trip, it is not a good assumption that you will be allowed to upgrade to AP using it.
4. The actual dollar value given is in question even if they DO allow the upgrade.
5. I'm not clear on what ticket you are trying to upgrade.
It would be rare for you to be able to upgrade a ticket partially used on a previous trip.
Sorry, but I'm not understanding the entire plan.

1. What ticket are you using for those 4 park days?
2. "1 day remaining" from WHEN? When did you use the other 4 days?
3. If you are trying to do that from a ticket that was partially-used on a previous trip, it is not a good assumption that you will be allowed to upgrade to AP using it.
4. The actual dollar value given is in question even if they DO allow the upgrade.
5. I'm not clear on what ticket you are trying to upgrade.
It would be rare for you to be able to upgrade a ticket partially used on a previous trip.
Sorry, but I'm not understanding the entire plan.

1. Currently, no ticket. Contemplating what my options are. But let's assume, if all else fails, a standard 4-day park hopper currently priced at $500.
2. 1 day remaining from a trip last year, as stated. It was first used 9/23/20 but it has an expiration date of 9/26/21. Back when I was there last year, CMs (potentially incorrectly) told me if I kept a single day remaining, I would be able to upgrade to an AP if they go on sale before my ticket expires.
3. That's basically what I'm asking...
4. The original purchase price was roughly $550, so I'm going off the assumption that I can apply the full value of the ticket to an upgrade. This is where my napkin math says a Sorcerer Pass would be about $950, hence the approx. $400 price difference. I know this is a unique situation, that's why I'm asking about it.
5. A standard 5-day park hopper ticket from last year that has 1 day remaining and does not expire until 9/26/21.

Here's the crux of it: I was told by a CM last September that if/when APs go on sale, as long as I have 1 day left on my ticket and it is not expired, I would be able to upgrade the ticket to an AP and have it backdated to date of first use. I'm asking now if we know that to be the case, and if it makes sense for me to do, given my AP (if successful) would be backdated to 9/23/20, and thus expire the day after my trip (meaning I would have only gotten 4 days of use out of the entire AP).

1. Currently, no ticket. Contemplating what my options are. But let's assume, if all else fails, a standard 4-day park hopper currently priced at $500.
2. 1 day remaining from a trip last year, as stated. It was first used 9/23/20 but it has an expiration date of 9/26/21. Back when I was there last year, CMs (potentially incorrectly) told me if I kept a single day remaining, I would be able to upgrade to an AP if they go on sale before my ticket expires.
3. That's basically what I'm asking...
4. The original purchase price was roughly $550, so I'm going off the assumption that I can apply the full value of the ticket to an upgrade. This is where my napkin math says a Sorcerer Pass would be about $950, hence the approx. $400 price difference. I know this is a unique situation, that's why I'm asking about it.
5. A standard 5-day park hopper ticket from last year that has 1 day remaining and does not expire until 9/26/21.

Here's the crux of it: I was told by a CM last September that if/when APs go on sale, as long as I have 1 day left on my ticket and it is not expired, I would be able to upgrade the ticket to an AP and have it backdated to date of first use. I'm asking now if we know that to be the case, and if it makes sense for me to do, given my AP (if successful) would be backdated to 9/23/20, and thus expire the day after my trip (meaning I would have only gotten 4 days of use out of the entire AP).
Since this is a unique situation,
nobody here can answer your unusual and complex question.
The outcome will be in the hands of the CMs with whom you will ultimately deal.
I’ll hope for the best!

We have a 3 night, 4 day PH package. Moving to US midweek. Kids want to return to WDW last day of trip. Can I add extra day to package once we are onsite?

We have a 3 night, 4 day PH package. Moving to US midweek. Kids want to return to WDW last day of trip. Can I add extra day to package once we are onsite?
You can do it as long as you add that 5th day before the end of your 4th day of use. Just keep in mind that a 5-day pass is good for 5 separate admissions over an 8-day period. If you're returning to Disney on or before that 8th day then you'll be fine.

I just left disney springs and they told me my 7 day reservations would fall off. We shall see. Either way, I need to cancel a few to make room for food and wine reservation in Credited my December ticket to the AP….. I am now an official annual pass holder!

It looks like they may have changed this with the new passes. I spoke to someone via chat on the WDW website and was told the following:

"Any tickets you use that fall in the block out time for your pass can not be applied to the cost of a new pass. "
That is a game changer for us. We were hoping to get park hoppers for our 12/30 - 1/7 trip and then upgrade to a Sorcerer’s AP at the end of the trip because we’re returning June 2022. If this is the new rule, I’m better off skipping the parks on 12/30 and 12/31 (which are black out days) and just buying an AP.

Newbie here with an odd (?) situation. I am on day 3 of a 5-day ticket. I went to Blizzard Beach this morning to upgrade my ticket to an AP. They CM was really helpful. I even ended up adding on Water Park access. That was about 6 hours ago.
My MDE app shows the card as active under Magic Bands and Cards, but nothing shows up under Passes. I can't make park reservations beyond my next two days of ordinary tickets because it says I don't have valid park entry. I have tried linking the pass again, but it gives me an error because it's already linked. I have tried to book the park reservations both through the AP link on the app and through tickets on the app. I'm not doing the one with resort stay. It would seem as though I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to do. Is this normal? Do you have to wait a day before making park reservations using your AP? Does it normally piggy back the tickets that you upgrade so that it isn't useful until those tickets are used up?
I'll be at HS tomorrow and can ask, but if it's a normal thing or someone here can answer, then I won't have to spend time at GS on a park day. Thanks all!

It looks like they may have changed this with the new passes. I spoke to someone via chat on the WDW website and was told the following:

"Any tickets you use that fall in the block out time for your pass can not be applied to the cost of a new pass. "
This actually raises one more question for me. If I purchase a park hopper ticket with starting date of 12/30 (a block out day) but don’t use it until 1/1 (which is not blocked out by the Sorcerer’s AP), would I be able to upgrade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter