I just left disney springs and they told me my 7 day reservations would fall off. We shall see. Either way, I need to cancel a few to make room for food and wine reservation in Credited my December ticket to the AP….. I am now an official annual pass holder!
Thank you for your answer and welcome to the AP family!

I just left disney springs and they told me my 7 day reservations would fall off. We shall see. Either way, I need to cancel a few to make room for food and wine reservation in Credited my December ticket to the AP….. I am now an official annual pass holder!

Were your 7 day reservations attached to an onsite resort stay? I am hoping that makes a difference. If you have a resort stay and already have park reservations for those days I would think you should be able to keep your park reservations even though you change your tickets to APs. But we will have to wait and see what people report happening.

Since this is a unique situation,
nobody here can answer your unusual and complex question.
The outcome will be in the hands of the CMs with whom you will ultimately deal.
I’ll hope for the best!

It's really not as unique (Disney extended a ton of tickets to 9/26/21 last year, someone even mentioned it earlier in this thread) or complex (is it worth upgrading to the AP if they'll let me, even though it'll be expiring) as it sounds, but thank you for trying to help.

That is a game changer for us. We were hoping to get park hoppers for our 12/30 - 1/7 trip and then upgrade to a Sorcerer’s AP at the end of the trip because we’re returning June 2022. If this is the new rule, I’m better off skipping the parks on 12/30 and 12/31 (which are black out days) and just buying an AP.

Yeah I even asked them "So if I buy a ticket for the 1st few days of my trip during non-blackout dates and then a separate one for the last 2 days in the blackout I can still just get an AP off the 1st ticket?" and they said yes.

It's really not as unique (Disney extended a ton of tickets to 9/26/21 last year, someone even mentioned it earlier in this thread) or complex (is it worth upgrading to the AP if they'll let me, even though it'll be expiring) as it sounds, but thank you for trying to help.
Standard rules would not allow upgrading a ticket more than 14 days after 1st use even if the ticket has not expired. That will need to be addressed by a CM. My understanding is they are handling such issues with the extended tickets on a case-by-case basis.

Standard rules would not allow upgrading a ticket more than 14 days after 1st use even if the ticket has not expired. That will need to be addressed by a CM. My understanding is they are handling such issues with the extended tickets on a case-by-case basis.

Wonderful, this is helpful. Thank you.

We had a trip planned for 2020, which we didn't take. Our tickets are set to expire 9/26/2021. 2 of us are going to Disney before 9/26, but the other 4 are waiting until 2022. I realize we will have to get new tickets with applying the price we paid for the now expired tickets factored into the final cost.
1. Do you think it is better to try to change the tickets out now for the 2022 tickets or wait for them to expire?
2. Would it be easier to wait until the Genie+ rolls out, and will that be factored into the daily ticket cost should we decide to pay for this?

We had a trip planned for 2020, which we didn't take. Our tickets are set to expire 9/26/2021. 2 of us are going to Disney before 9/26, but the other 4 are waiting until 2022. I realize we will have to get new tickets with applying the price we paid for the now expired tickets factored into the final cost.
1. Do you think it is better to try to change the tickets out now for the 2022 tickets or wait for them to expire?
2. Would it be easier to wait until the Genie+ rolls out, and will that be factored into the daily ticket cost should we decide to pay for this?
1. After the tickets expire, they’ll disappear from your MDE, although Disney will be able to see them. So it’s a good idea to keep a record of the ticket numbers if you don’t modify them now. Some people have reported being able to modify tickets via MDE (might be website rather than app), but others have had to call. If there’s a Modify button next to the tickets in MDE, and if you know the dates you plan to use them, it might be easier to do now, but if you don’t know the new dates yet, you can wait.
2. I have no idea whether Genie+ might affect this or not.
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: For whatever you decide to do.

1. After the tickets expire, they’ll disappear from your MDE, although Disney will be able to see them. So it’s a good idea to keep a record of the ticket numbers if you don’t modify them now. Some people have reported being able to modify tickets via MDE (might be website rather than app), but others have had to call. If there’s a Modify button next to the tickets in MDE, and if you know the dates you plan to use them, it might be easier to do now, but if you don’t know the new dates yet, you can wait.
2. I have no idea whether Genie+ might affect this or not.
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: For whatever you decide to do.
Thank you for this. I don't see the ticket numbers anywhere, but I still have the original purchase receipt with the confirmation number. Perhaps I should go ahead and change out before they expire. With the reports that people are spending HOURS on hold these days, I don't relish the prospect, though it may be the best way. On another note, the original 6 tickets were purchased together with memory maker. Though 2 of us are going this month, we don't intend to use the memory maker. Will that still be valid next year? I'd really like to save it for when the whole family goes.

Thank you for this. I don't see the ticket numbers anywhere, but I still have the original purchase receipt with the confirmation number. Perhaps I should go ahead and change out before they expire. With the reports that people are spending HOURS on hold these days, I don't relish the prospect, though it may be the best way. On another note, the original 6 tickets were purchased together with memory maker. Though 2 of us are going this month, we don't intend to use the memory maker. Will that still be valid next year? I'd really like to save it for when the whole family goes.
If the tickets are already assigned to individuals, check their MDE Magic Bands & Cards list - the numbers might be there. But having the receipt and confirmation number should be just as good. Sorry I can't answer with authority about MM, but since the clock on it doesn't start until you download a photo, it should be good until next year. You might ask that question on the Memory Maker sticky on the TPAS board.

Were your 7 day reservations attached to an onsite resort stay? I am hoping that makes a difference. If you have a resort stay and already have park reservations for those days I would think you should be able to keep your park reservations even though you change your tickets to APs. But we will have to wait and see what people report happening.
No resort stay and to be honest I’d rather stay off site. The reservation system is terrible as it is. No reservations for AP holders 10/1 or 10/2. That’s extremely sad considering this is why I bought an annual pass

Just wanting to make sure I understand everything correctly. Here's our situation:
We currently have 7-day park hoppers and an onsite split stay booked for the 50th. We arrive late on the night of Sept. 30th with our first park day being Magic Kingdom 10/1. We plan to call in advance to upgrade our tickets to APs. Because of the resort stay, we shouldn't lose park pass reservations??? Is the best way to activate the new APs to go to the GR window outside MK early on the morning of 10/1? What time do they open?

If the tickets are already assigned to individuals, check their MDE Magic Bands & Cards list - the numbers might be there. But having the receipt and confirmation number should be just as good. Sorry I can't answer with authority about MM, but since the clock on it doesn't start until you download a photo, it should be good until next year. You might ask that question on the Memory Maker sticky on the TPAS board.
So I took 2 1/2 hours last night and took care of it. Or so I thought. When I double checked the accounts today my son’s family is now scheduled for their trip next April. However, DH and I are supposed to arrive next Sunday and it’s now showing us with 1 day tickets, although my park reservations are still there. For now. I called this morning and after 20 minutes a CM came on and confirmed that I do indeed only have 1 day passes and please hold on for a few minutes. Over 3 hours 38 minutes later I had to give up and try to call again. Next time I was on hold for 1 hour 24 minutes before getting cut off. At this point I don’t know what to do. I would wait and sort it out at guest services when we arrive next week but I’m afraid of losing my park passes.

Last edited:
So I took 2 1/2 hours last night and took care of it. Or so I thought. When I double checked the accounts today my son’s family are now scheduled for their trip next April. However, DH and I are supposed to arrive next Sunday and it’s now showing us with 1 day tickets, although my park reservations are still there. For now. I called this morning and after 20 minutes a CM came on and confirmed that I do indeed only have 1 day passes and please hold on for a few minutes. Over 3 hours 38 minutes later I had to give up and try to call again. Next time I was on hold for 1 hour 24 minutes before getting cut off. At this point I don’t know what to do. I would wait and sort it out at first services when we arrive next week but I’m afraid of losing my park passes.
Wish I could help, but....:(

Thank you. The funny thing is, I was at work and during my hold times I had to keep giving my phone to various coworkers while I was busy with my clients. None of my coworkers are Disney lovers like me, and I think it may be a long time before any of them try to book anything for their families. They couldn't believe you could actually be on hold that long just waiting to speak with someone. (and still not get to speak with anyone)

1. Currently, no ticket. Contemplating what my options are. But let's assume, if all else fails, a standard 4-day park hopper currently priced at $500.
2. 1 day remaining from a trip last year, as stated. It was first used 9/23/20 but it has an expiration date of 9/26/21. Back when I was there last year, CMs (potentially incorrectly) told me if I kept a single day remaining, I would be able to upgrade to an AP if they go on sale before my ticket expires.
3. That's basically what I'm asking...
4. The original purchase price was roughly $550, so I'm going off the assumption that I can apply the full value of the ticket to an upgrade. This is where my napkin math says a Sorcerer Pass would be about $950, hence the approx. $400 price difference. I know this is a unique situation, that's why I'm asking about it.
5. A standard 5-day park hopper ticket from last year that has 1 day remaining and does not expire until 9/26/21.

Here's the crux of it: I was told by a CM last September that if/when APs go on sale, as long as I have 1 day left on my ticket and it is not expired, I would be able to upgrade the ticket to an AP and have it backdated to date of first use. I'm asking now if we know that to be the case, and if it makes sense for me to do, given my AP (if successful) would be backdated to 9/23/20, and thus expire the day after my trip (meaning I would have only gotten 4 days of use out of the entire AP).

While not the exact same situation as you. In August I tried to upgrade my partially used 9 day base ticket to 10 day water park and sport option ticket at AK and HS GS, after much research they can not change my ticket at all, instead just pixie dusted me free one day park hopper ticket instead.
So it seem very unlikely they would be able to upgrade your ticket.

Just wanting to make sure I understand everything correctly. Here's our situation:
We currently have 7-day park hoppers and an onsite split stay booked for the 50th. We arrive late on the night of Sept. 30th with our first park day being Magic Kingdom 10/1. We plan to call in advance to upgrade our tickets to APs. Because of the resort stay, we shouldn't lose park pass reservations??? Is the best way to activate the new APs to go to the GR window outside MK early on the morning of 10/1? What time do they open?

We upgraded our park hoppers to AP yesterday. The CM on the phone said that as long you are staying on property that park reservations stay in place. If not staying on property would you have to drop and then add back park reservations.

We upgraded our park hoppers to AP yesterday. The CM on the phone said that as long you are staying on property that park reservations stay in place. If not staying on property would you have to drop and then add back park reservations.
This is easy to understand, I hope it is true...I am worried about their system dropping reservations when any change is made.

Last edited:
Thank you! I thought I'd do an update in case anyone else had this problem. It turns out it has happened to several people. I finally spoke with a CM last night and she said someone had called in to her earlier with the same issue. (unused 4 day park passes expiring 9/26/2021 showing 1 day left). She checked with someone with a little more knowledge and they said it's showing up like that in many MDE apps. but it really is the 4 days. Fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter