Hi all. I have an AP that I bought back in 2019 but never activated...planned on doing it in 2020, but you know. They were just called "Platinum Pass" but now when I look they're called "Platinum Pass Exchange"...I've seen discussion of it on the Boards, but never a real solid explanation on what it actually MEANS? I have a trip in April 2022 that I planned on finally activating my AP.

Anyone know?
It means you have a certificate that you will exchange for an actual AP in April. You can go to any ticket window or GR. You'll be given the IncrediPass as well as the Memory Maker add-on, because that was included with the Platinum pass when you bought it. Congratulations - just look at the online price of the IncrediPass plus $99 MM add-on to see how much you saved!

It means you have a certificate that you will exchange for an actual AP in April. You can go to any ticket window or GR. You'll be given the IncrediPass as well as the Memory Maker add-on, because that was included with the Platinum pass when you bought it. Congratulations - just look at the online price of the IncrediPass plus $99 MM add-on to see how much you saved!

Thanks! I actually saved a lot more because I bought this AP when Sam's Club still had them for 3 figures instead of four. :love:

We are going next week (arrive Sunday Nov 19). We had originally thought to upgrade to “water park plus” option but now with the weather outlook it will be a game time decision. Can I “upgrade” at Blizzard Beach or do I have to upgrade elsewhere once we are on property. The timing of the upgrade would be on arrival day, BEFORE using day 1 of the tickets.

We are going next week (arrive Sunday Nov 19). We had originally thought to upgrade to “water park plus” option but now with the weather outlook it will be a game time decision.
1. Can I “upgrade” at Blizzard Beach
2. or do I have to upgrade elsewhere once we are on property.
3. The timing of the upgrade would be on arrival day, BEFORE using day 1 of the tickets.
1. Yes.
2. Nope. (Although you may be able to do the upgrade right in your MyDisneyExperience file that day.)
3. That’s just fine.

I have 2 complimentary park hopper tickets my wife and I won’t use as we are APs…thoughts on my chances of swapping them for Very Merriest tickets?

I have 2 complimentary park hopper tickets my wife and I won’t use as we are APs…thoughts on my chances of swapping them for Very Merriest tickets?
Highly unlikely.
But, you can always ask nicely for anything that you’d like.

we have a gold AP pass renewal voucher, and are considering a visit over Christmas. I know I can upgrade to the incredi-pass on site, but is there a way to do it now so I can make theme park reservations?

we have a gold AP pass renewal voucher, and are considering a visit over Christmas. I know I can upgrade to the incredi-pass on site, but is there a way to do it now so I can make theme park reservations?
Have you tried making reservations yet, just using the voucher?
If that doesn’t work, try calling WDW and explaining your needs.

I have another ticket question. Do I remember correctly did will call vouchers have letters and numbers in them? I had bought ( 4) APs back in 2017 or 2018 in person in Epcot that were not activated. Tried to do it months later at home to plan for a trip. Found out CM put wrong expiration date on tickets somehow. Called MS and ticketing and was given a will call number to use for future for all 4 APs together, I was saving them for a trip I thought two of our kids would go on with us, but now I doubt they will ever make use of them so I thought I would try to convert to(4) hard tickets for my husband and I to use on future trips, Went to GR today and the system doesn’t recognize them. CM said she had never seen any with letters before. So now I will have to bring the receipts and original tickets which I know I have at home next time to try and figure this out for future trips. I am guessing it is an issue of the old system versus the new system. Sigh. I have the weirdest issues.

We have bought 8 day hopper as a package for an upcoming December trip. We have also added Genie + to each ticket. We are thinks about upgrading to an AP while there. I understand that I will revive the value I paid for the ticket with park hopper. What will happen with the genie+ portion? Will I be given the value I paid for that and then have to add it each night at midnight? Or will that money be lost? Will they add genie + to my account for those 8 days and I just get the ticket value? Thank you!

What will happen with the genie+ portion? Will I be given the value I paid for that and then have to add it each night at midnight?
I don’t know for sure until people do this and report back.

I expect if you upgrade at the beginning of your trip the credit will be equal to the ticket value +$15 for each day. Then because there is no current mechanism for AP to carry Genie more than the current day, you will need to add Genie+ each day.

If you wait to upgrade at the end of your trip, you’ll use Genie+ as purchased. Then the credit towards upgrade will be the ticket value.

I think I can do this, but just making sure.
my DH and I both have out of state AP’s that have not been activated (bought in 2018). Can I transfer those passes to our 2 kids (who aren’t traveling with us) so that the 9 day hoopers we bought are used instead of the AP’s? And then transfer back to us after the trip.
Thanks!

I think I can do this, but just making sure.
my DH and I both have out of state AP’s that have not been activated (bought in 2018). Can I transfer those passes to our 2 kids (who aren’t traveling with us) so that the 9 day hoopers we bought are used instead of the AP’s? And then transfer back to us after the trip.
Thanks!
You won't need to.
If you don't specifically go to a Guest Relations or ticket booth and use a legal photo ID to actually ACTIVATE your AP certificates ("vouchers,") the APs will not be used at the park gates.
(The APs won't "register" at the park gates because they have not been officially activated.)

Can tickets that were purchased just prior to the shut down be upgraded to AP vouchers in MDE or just over the phone? This will be DVC AP's.
Or is it neither and has to be done in person?

I keep searching (and read the first few posts on this thread) but I don't think I'm using the right keywords to find it. I have a DVC rental already. I decided to come in the night before. If I make it a package, can I (after purchasing the package) upgrade the tickets to cover the rest of the days of my trip?

I keep searching (and read the first few posts on this thread) but I don't think I'm using the right keywords to find it. I have a DVC rental already. I decided to come in the night before. If I make it a package, can I (after purchasing the package) upgrade the tickets to cover the rest of the days of my trip?
I don't know that you can make a DVC rental into a package that includes tickets.
Regardless, you can upgrade tickets (package or otherwise) up to a maximum of 10 Theme Park days.
However, if you DO have a "package," those package tickets cannot be used on a date prior to your scheduled check-in date. (You can add "days" for use on or after your check-in date, and you must be able to make park reservations in order to use those added "days.")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter