1. Has anyone else had an issue like this before?
2. Any suggestions?
3. We are planning to use these "extra" tickets when our annual pass has black outs, to be at the parks with family
1. There is no kind of ticket "issue" that has not happened before... many, many times.
2. The only thing that can be done is calmly and carefully pursue the issue with Disney.
(If you have unsolvable issues on the phone, pleasently thank the CM, then (at another time) call again.)
Lastly, "in-person at WDW" can very often be a last resort. (It complicates things if you are trying to make reservations at the last minute, but it sounds like you might be able to straighten things out for the full 4 days all at once, so future use (if any) can be OK.)
3. Sounds good. Hope it works out.
(Remain calm and "ask nicely.") ;)

Last edited:
My husband and I both have an unused day from tickets back from our honeymoon in 2001. We are going next year and have our now tickets already on our MDE can I ask to upgrade those two onto our 6 day PH tickets already and just buy our children's extra day ticket?

My husband and I both have an unused day from tickets back from our honeymoon in 2001. We are going next year and have our now tickets already on our MDE
can I ask to upgrade those two onto our 6 day PH tickets already and just buy our children's extra day ticket?
Sorry, but no.

I would absolutely not use those "old tickets" at all on this trip, but continue to save them for a future trip when much "shorter" (far fewer days) tickets are needed.

We purchased "three" 2-day base tickets and reserved park days for December 14th & 16th.
Plans changed and we can not go now. We were told the money we paid for the tickets can be used as a credit for future tickets but I dont remember the process on how to get the credit. I kinda remember hearing that if the tickets are not scanned on the dates reserved they automatically become credit? Not sure.
Do we need to do anything? call WDW and officially cancel the tickets? How long is the credit good for?
We might try to go in May 2022. Any advice?

Last edited:

If you know new dates now, you may be able to change the tickets yourself via MDE. If you don't use the tickets or reschedule them before the expiration date, they will likely disappear from view but the credit will be visible to WDW. You would need to call to use the credit after they disappear from MDE. I suggest making note of the ticket numbers and value just for future reference.

The park reservations won't transfer, you will need to make new park reservations once you change the ticket dates.

Thanks for the feedback.
So, just to clarify:
We currently have tickets and park reservations for December 14th and 16th.
We are not going ahead with those plans.
We don't have to do anything at this time? Not even cancel our park reservation?I was worried if we didn't use those tickets on the assigned days we would lose the credit?
I would like to change them to two days in May but its outside the park Ressie windows.

Last edited:
DH & I have Platinum annual passes that we purchased in June 2021. They are FL resident and we were able to purchase because our previous APs had expired just before WDW shut down in March 2020 due to COVID. So they are good until June 2022.

We are interested in the $99 add-on for the Water Parks & Sports (including mini-golf) that is advertised as an option for the new APs. Can we purchase this $99 add-on now as part of our current existing APs? I tried to do a search here and elsewhere online, but have not seen this question asked or answered.

Thank you!
I don’t know. My guess is that if you add it now it would be considered an “upgrade” and convert your current AP to the new equivalent version. Depending on what level AP you have, that may mean more/different block-out dates. But you should call to ask.
Thank you. We have Platinum passes so no black-out dates. Prior to COVID, we had Platinum Plus (with water parks) that expired just before Disney closed in March 2020. They allowed us to re-purchase APs in June 2021 but told us the Platinum Plus were not available at the time, so the highest we could get was Platinum.

We're local, so I'll pop into the ticket office next time we go to Disney Springs.
Please report back with outcome, for the next time that question comes up!

We finally got around to doing this at the ticket office at Disney Springs.

They first converted our legacy Platinum Passes to IncrediPasses at no additional cost, plus said that we'd retain PhotoPass for free for the duration of our current period. Then we paid $99 to add the Water Parks & Sports.

Our expiration date remains the same, so technically we paid $99 for only 7 months of the WP&S benefit since our expiration date is late June 2022.

But we felt it was still a good deal considering that a single visit to a water park is ca. $70 and a round of mini-golf is $14. I'm also looking forward to trying foot golf which is included. We'll get plenty of value from it. We played mini golf today and it was enjoyable and uncrowded.

We currently have tickets and park reservations for December 14th and 16th.
We are not going ahead with those plans.
1. We don't have to do anything at this time?
2. Not even cancel our park reservation?
3. I was worried if we didn't use those tickets on the assigned days we would lose the credit?
1. Nope. (Just save the ticket numbers in a safe place.)
2. Nope. (But, it would be "courteous" to other guests to do so.)
3. Nope.

How do you find the ticket numbers in MDE? Ours were originally from a March 2020 trip, dates were changed in September by a phone ticketing CM, but I had to cancel that trip planned for late December.

Sorry for not easily finding this in search, but I’m sure this is a quick easy question: Buying a ticket for my daughter January. We will be there 8 days but are not planning to go to parks the last day and thus I’m buying a 7 day ticket. If we change our minds and decide to go to parks on the last day, we can still add the extra day while we are there, correct? Obviously I know we can’t make a park reservation until we add the day…please confirm my assumption is still correct. Thanks!!

Sorry for not easily finding this in search, but I’m sure this is a quick easy question: Buying a ticket for my daughter January. We will be there 8 days but are not planning to go to parks the last day and thus I’m buying a 7 day ticket. If we change our minds and decide to go to parks on the last day, we can still add the extra day while we are there, correct? Obviously I know we can’t make a park reservation until we add the day…please confirm my assumption is still correct. Thanks!!
Yep, you can add a day when you’re there. Just be sure to do it no later than the last day you use the last day on the ticket.

I tried skimming multiple posts and FB pages. I am a FL RES. Can only buy PIXIE DUST pass today?? No others open to me? Anyone know why this is? thank you

I tried skimming multiple posts and FB pages. I am a FL RES. Can only buy PIXIE DUST pass today?? No others open to me? Anyone know why this is? thank you
Pixie Dust AP is all you can buy at this time.
Read the first post (and beyond) on this thread from the last couple of weeks.

We are flying in to meet my parents and had planned to have them pick us up at the airport early morning and head straight to our first park. They are booked on a FL resident discount package. In the past they've had a room only reservation and purchased separate FL resident tickets and have gone to guest services the evening before first use to prove residency and activate them. Because these are part of a package, do they need to go to the resort to check in and prove residency there before they can enter a park? Or can they activate them at guest services like they have in the past?

(I know they are allowing uploading ID in advance now but they still have out of state licenses and need to use their mortgage/utility bills to prove residency)

Pixie Dust AP is all you can buy at this time.
Read the first post (and beyond) on this thread from the last couple of weeks.
Thank you. I thought I had read all the posts. However this is stated on the thread link---> "This does not impact renewals - only new purchases."

I am RENEWING? And all I can see available is PIXIE DUST. This does my husband and I no good......we need weekend availability as we both work full-time. We are local---but 90 min away in the Palm Coast/Ormond Beach area. My husband works Mon-Fri 7:30 am to 5 pm and also works in the St Augustine/Jacksonville area. Even if he tried to make it home and to WDW Friday after work, we might end up getting 90 min in the park for a many hour round-trip drive. This sure is disappointing, but very much appreciate the reply and info. Take care.

We are headed to Disney in January and will be meeting the grandparents there. We are not Florida residents, the grandparents are Florida Residents. Grandparents want to buy the kids Disney tickets for Christmas. It seems buying Florida Resident tickets for your non-Florida resident grandkids is ok? Is this information still current?

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ent-tickets-grandchildren-not-florida-462990/
My other question is how does this work with MDE? Will I be able to link the kids FL Resident tix to my MDE account as normal? Us parents will have non FL Resident tickets.

How long to be on hold with them about tickets? I was just on for 1:45 and then it disconnected. LOL
I will try again tomorrow.

We are headed to Disney in January and will be meeting the grandparents there. We are not Florida residents, the grandparents are Florida Residents. Grandparents want to buy the kids Disney tickets for Christmas. It seems buying Florida Resident tickets for your non-Florida resident grandkids is ok? Is this information still current?

My other question is how does this work with MDE? Will I be able to link the kids FL Resident tix to my MDE account as normal? Us parents will have non FL Resident tickets.
Yes, this is allowed. One of the grandparents will need to be present to show proof of FL Residency to activate the kids' tickets, though.

Yes, this is allowed. One of the grandparents will need to be present to show proof of FL Residency to activate the kids' tickets, though.
Thanks, we will all be there together, so this will not be a problem. Will I still be able to link the kids tickets as normal to my MDE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter