Yes, AP vouchers can be used to make theme park reservations. You have 1 year from date of purchase to activate (first use) the voucher, which is then good for 1 year from activation. You cannot buy and hold vouchers indefinitely anymore; if not activated within a year from purchase date, it can be used as credit towards a new AP at the current rate.

The max ticket we could buy through them was a 6 day PH. We are planning on doing a split stay and make it longer trip, so want to upgrade the tickets to 10 day PH. Will I be able to do that via the website or a call before our trip?
As PP mentioned, some group tickets are only valid for very specific dates and cannot be upgraded. The highly discounted tickets often included with youth sports/performing group packages often cannot. You'll need to find out if the tickets through the dance studio are upgradeable; if so, the biggest challenge may still be getting the ticket (number) in advance so you can even make theme park reservations for the 6 days, to say nothing of extending it.

I have never done a package before but tempted for trip in May 2022. Room and tickets are so much higher than when I went last before Covid. Costco has fairly decent price on Swan with tickets included but all travelers need same type of ticket. I want to go into parks 6 days my sister and husband will only be there for 4 days
My question is can I just get the 4 day ticket with package and upgrade to 6 days if package is not booked through Disney? Also would I be able to do that ahead of time so I can make park reservations?
So much has changed

I don't know the answer to this, but you also want to check if they can be upgraded at all. I dimly recall that some convention/group tickets cannot be upgraded, but my memory isn't what it once was and this was a while ago.
As PP mentioned, some group tickets are only valid for very specific dates and cannot be upgraded. The highly discounted tickets often included with youth sports/performing group packages often cannot. You'll need to find out if the tickets through the dance studio are upgradeable; if so, the biggest challenge may still be getting the ticket (number) in advance so you can even make theme park reservations for the 6 days, to say nothing of extending it.

Thanks for the info. The final payment is due on March 1, we're already paid up. At that point we are supposed to get our Disney confirmation numbers. We're staying at POR. The agent has been vague when I've asked if they can be extended beyond the 6 days they offer, so I guess it's a wait and see once the reservation and tickets are in MDE. I did find another older thread on the boards from 2019 that someone mentioned they thought people were able to extend beyond what Dance the World offered. Once I know for sure I'll post an update so the most recent info is searchable on the forums.

For bridging, what happens if my old ticket is worth more than the new ticket? Do I forfeit the difference in value?

I have a trip planned in March and In October of this year. I have old tickets from 2001 that are PH and non expiring there's one day left can I use that one day? Also. I have tickets for my trip in October can I take a day from those and use them for my March trip?

I have vouchers for 1 Gold and 3 silver passes. We were supposed to activate them spring break 2020 but didn't get to. We've decided to go ahead and activate them in 2 weeks during our spring break (the crowds are giving me pause but we've already received some disney pixie dust for this trip and our kids are getting older and don't want to wait too long).

Anyway, I've seen reports where they are activating legacy passes into New pass types. My issue is that we are going during a "new" blackout date. The current system allowed me to book reservations because they still have a legacy calendar where we are good to go but im concerned if they switch the pass type. Has anyone dealt with this?

I have a trip planned in March and In October of this year. I have old tickets from 2001 that are PH and non expiring there's one day left can I use that one day? Also. I have tickets for my trip in October can I take a day from those and use them for my March trip?
Yes, you can use the 1 day from the old no-expire ticket.
No, you cannot use a day from the October ticket in March.

We bought annual passes back in September for an Oct trip. My husband did not go and the voucher remained in his profile. We have another trip planned for the end of May but his Annual Pass voucher states it expires May 3. We originally bought the tickets back in May but upgraded them to annual passes in September when they started selling them again. His annual pass was never activated and not sure why it shows expires May 3 since we upgraded them in September. I can make a park reservation before May 3 but not after that date. The wait time is over 100 minutes right now but hoping someone here can tell me if I can fix it or do I just have to wait to speak to a cast member?

Last edited:
APs now have a 1-year window to activate or it reverts to a credit. This is to prevent folks from hoarding AP vouchers for years to avoid price increases. Since you upgraded tickets originally purchased in May 2021 it sounds like the 1-year is counting back to then. Hopefully they can help extend that by phone.

APs now have a 1-year window to activate or it reverts to a credit. This is to prevent folks from hoarding AP vouchers for years to avoid price increases. Since you upgraded tickets originally purchased in May 2021 it sounds like the 1-year is counting back to then. Hopefully they can help extend that by phone.
Thanks for your reply. I had a feeling I had to wait on the phone to talk to a cast member. They were not even selling new AP's in May of last year so they should honor the September date. Since they are not selling AP's now, how would they even tell me how much I have to pay for the new rate. Ugh....it's so frustrating since I have been on hold forever.

I agree the clock should have reset to Sept. when the AP was bought. I don't think they would allow it to be again upgraded to AP at this since those aren't available. Sorry you are caught up in this chaos.

Curious and want to figure this out before my May Trip. I had non-expiring park hopper tickets from ~2006. I called and Disney converted these to “comp” tickets for my upcoming trip. I then purchased from UT 4 day tickets (no genie +). My family all got 6 day tickets from UT (no genie+ for length of stay). Am I going to have an issue adding Genie+ to those comp tickets On like a day to day basis? Or does it not matter?

I agree the clock should have reset to Sept. when the AP was bought. I don't think they would allow it to be again upgraded to AP at this since those aren't available. Sorry you are caught up in this chaos.
YIkes, Disney is really starting to crack down of expiration of tickets. Let me see if I can write down what happened.

I bought 4 regular tickets from a reseller in April 2021
Annual passes went on sale so I upgraded all tickets Sept. 2021
3 of us went on our Oct trip. So 3 of our annual pass is Oct 2021 to Oct 2022
1 unused annual pass expiration ticket expires May 3, 2022.

All four of us going to Disney on May 28, 2022. Three of us have valid passes and was able to make park reservations. As a courtesy, the cast member made park reservations for the unused annual pass but before he enters into the park he has to go to Guest Relations to activate the pass. Since it will be technically expired, she said it is up to them on what to do. They might not honor the one year of use once he steps into the park. I told them that I would pay the difference in annual pass cost if that was the case. But since I originally purchased normal tickets and upgraded the AP that is why his expired in May 2022.

I told her that didn't make sense because my expire date was from Oct to Oct from when we entered the park. Lets say my husband went to Disney next week and activated his pass, it would be a year from that date. What comes into play, his ticket (AP) currently expires May 3 and we are not schedule to go until the end of the month and his ticket would technically be expired.

Cast member said it would be up to guest relations on how to handle it. She said it could be tied to our Oct date, he could get his year from when he entered or just be expired and not worth anything. She said it is not Disney fault that he did not go during that year. She said she has an AP and hasn't been since July. But the thing is, we bought a AP and haven't activated it yet so it should be good for the one year once it is activated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter