• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have purchased WDW tickets there a couple of times. No issues here.
I am glad to hear this as I have a friend who purchased tickets from them and after completing her order realized she had made a mistake in typing her email address so she immediately sent them an email and has had no response to her email and is unable to find a phone number to contact them. She has also gone to their FB but they have not responded to inquiry there either and she noticed that there doesn’t seem to be any FB activity since 2020...she did check with her credit card to see if she had been charged yet but nothing showing up yet.

I had.a couple of tickets that we couldn't use in February. How can I find what credit I have with Disney? Can you find that info on the app or mydisneyexperience? I can't find it anywhere.

Most likely the tickets disappeared from view in MDE after the expiration date. You can call to ask. Each ticket will be valued as of the date you purchased it, so if there was a price increase after you bought the ticket it still may have a lower value.

We are retiring this year from the school system so we no longer have to take our vacation in the summer. Yaaaayyyyyy! We are thinking of going to Disney World near the beginning of November because we had heard that is a slower time. I went on to check the ticket rates and they seem a good bit higher during that time than even during the summer when they are packed. Do the prices on that calendar correlate to how crowded it usually is at a certain time of the year? I was thinking that it would be higher when it is usually crowded. Are we wrong in thinking that the beginning of November is a slower time? We were thinking about Nov. 6-16.

The middle of your trip is Veterans Day. its not the busiest holiday, but there are still usually larger than usual crowds then. If you want smaller crowds and maybe cheaper park tickets, look to end your trip around the 6th, not start it

We are retiring this year from the school system so we no longer have to take our vacation in the summer. Yaaaayyyyyy! We are thinking of going to Disney World near the beginning of November because we had heard that is a slower time. I went on to check the ticket rates and they seem a good bit higher during that time than even during the summer when they are packed. Do the prices on that calendar correlate to how crowded it usually is at a certain time of the year? I was thinking that it would be higher when it is usually crowded. Are we wrong in thinking that the beginning of November is a slower time? We were thinking about Nov. 6-16.
Be aware of Jersey Week, which I think is the first or second week of November, and the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, which will be Nov. 3-6, 2022. Those tend to be busy times in the parks. The week before Thanksgiving and the first two weeks of December are generally a slow time in the parks, as are January after MLK Day and the first couple of weeks of February. That said, the parks have been unusually busy since the reopening, especially in the last year or so, so previous patterns haven't been as predictive as before.

Are we wrong in thinking that the beginning of November is a slower time?
WDW has really gotten good at taking historically "low" times and creating reason to drawn in crowds by planning special events. Summer is actually losing in popularity because of the heat and humidity. November has become a very popular time to visit WDW. Early November fits in between Halloween and Thanksgiving, with schools in some areas having time off around Veterans Day on the 11th. Along with that, add in the holiday parties (Halloween ends, Christmas begins), Food & Wine Festival, half-marathon, Christmas decorations, and the popularity with DVC owners. If you are looking for both lower crowds and lower costs, maybe consider mid- to late-September and mid- to late-January.

The "modify" option is not showing on my ticket in the My Plans section on MDE. Am I looking in the right place? I wanted to upgrade to Hoppers. Previously, I priced add PH, but I did not pull the trigger. Now that I want to add PH, I can't find the option.

ETA: The option to modify is working again. Problem solved!

Last edited:
The "modify" option is not showing on my ticket in the My Plans section on MDE. Am I looking in the right place? I wanted to upgrade to Hoppers. Previously, I priced add PH, but I did not pull the trigger. Now that I want to add PH, I can't find the option.
You might have to call if you can’t find it. I never had the option online.

Question about purchasing tickets with a split stay. I’m wanting to add all my tickets on my first reservation for our entire stay. Problem is for 3 days at the first resort it only gives me the option to purchase 4 day park tickets. There is no option to change it to more days in MDE. So what do I do?

Question about purchasing tickets with a split stay. I’m wanting to add all my tickets on my first reservation for our entire stay. Problem is for 3 days at the first resort it only gives me the option to purchase 4 day park tickets. There is no option to change it to more days in MDE. So what do I do?
I did a split stay only once and everything about it seemed to be complicated. I had to call Disney to make my hotel reservations. My first hotel was booked as a package and the rep was able to add ticket days. The second hotel was booked as a "Resort Hotel Package" without tickets - weird. We did get double luggage tags and double coupons (free round of mini golf, etc.).

Just in case you were not aware, each hotel stay has it's own ADR window. In other words, you can't book all your days of dining for the entire trip at the 60 day mark of the first day of your first hotel. (Sorry about the run on sentence.) At the first 60 day mark, you can book through checkout of the first hotel. Then the second window opens at the 60 mark of your second hotel.

Question about purchasing tickets with a split stay. ... So what do I do?
Are you trying to book a package? Yes, the current online booking system apparently limits the package tickets to the length of the resort stay, with each resort being considered a separate stay. You can either book a room-only for both parts of your split stay and buy tickets separately, or you will need to call to extend the tickets on the first part of the stay.

Are you trying to book a package? Yes, the current online booking system apparently limits the package tickets to the length of the resort stay, with each resort being considered a separate stay. You can either book a room-only for both parts of your split stay and buy tickets separately, or you will need to call to extend the tickets on the first part of the stay.
Ok thank you! I will just book room only and then buy tickets.

I did a split stay only once and everything about it seemed to be complicated. I had to call Disney to make my hotel reservations. My first hotel was booked as a package and the rep was able to add ticket days. The second hotel was booked as a "Resort Hotel Package" without tickets - weird. We did get double luggage tags and double coupons (free round of mini golf, etc.).

Just in case you were not aware, each hotel stay has it's own ADR window. In other words, you can't book all your days of dining for the entire trip at the 60 day mark of the first day of your first hotel. (Sorry about the run on sentence.) At the first 60 day mark, you can book through checkout of the first hotel. Then the second window opens at the 60 mark of your second hotel.
Yeah that stinks about the ADR’s.

Both my DH and I have annual passes, however, our adult son would like to come with us in July BUT he is looking for a new job. If he secures one, there is chance he will not be able to join us. I'm worried about these park reservations. If he purchases a 7 day ticket, makes theme park reservations for July now, but then is not able to come; can he cancel those theme park reservations and then use that ticket, say in December?

Both my DH and I have annual passes, however, our adult son would like to come with us in July BUT he is looking for a new job. If he secures one, there is chance he will not be able to join us. I'm worried about these park reservations. If he purchases a 7 day ticket, makes theme park reservations for July now, but then is not able to come; can he cancel those theme park reservations and then use that ticket, say in December?
Yes he can cancel the park reservations and he can use the value of his current ticket toward a ticket that is valid during another visit. Just make sure to keep the ticket information recorded some place other than MDE. When the current ticket's valid dates have passed, the ticket will disappear from MDE even if it was never used.

Thanks for the info. The final payment is due on March 1, we're already paid up. At that point we are supposed to get our Disney confirmation numbers. We're staying at POR. The agent has been vague when I've asked if they can be extended beyond the 6 days they offer, so I guess it's a wait and see once the reservation and tickets are in MDE. I did find another older thread on the boards from 2019 that someone mentioned they thought people were able to extend beyond what Dance the World offered. Once I know for sure I'll post an update so the most recent info is searchable on the forums.
Update. We got our tickets and after a morning and afternoon on hold and speaking with multiple cast members, including ticket escalations, I was not able to extend the tickets. So we are most likely going to purchase a 3 or 4 day ticket to cover the days we plan on being there.

Ok I am reading through any, many pages here...
We are planning a big trip for May 2023. How early can we buy tickets and when do we have to/should we decide park days? We cannot book our resorts for a few months but dont want to get locked out with parks. And for the record I think this is nuts!
Also, we never buy direct from WDW usually UT or AAA does that matter? TIA

We are planning a big trip for May 2023. How early can we buy tickets and when do we have to/should we decide park days? We cannot book our resorts for a few months but dont want to get locked out with parks.
WDW has not released 2023 tickets or theme park reservations yet. While I don't know for sure, I'd guess they'll release tickets and theme park reservations at the same time as the resort packages. For the record, you can reserve a room-only now for up to 499 days out by calling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter