• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have not gone to WDW since the time of the printed paper tickets!

So we are planning to go there now.
Got tickets in My Disney Experience.

I just spoke to a WDW agent- he told me there are least 4 ways to get admission:

a) get a magic band and get ticket loaded there
b) copy the ticket form my Disney Experience on the cell phone to my wallet on the cell phone - get it scanned into the turnstile that scans tickets from the cell phone
c) print the ticket reservation and go to "will call" ticket booth on day of admission, and ? get paper tickets
d) print the ticket reservation and go to WDW customer service (maybe at Disney Springs) in advance and get ?paper tickets?

Are these correct? Any other options?

I post this because I am not sure I want to buy a magic band just to scan the tickets there and then get admission.
I do not usually carry a cell phone- I am old fashioned with printed tickets.

(PS-we also get separate tickets for Mickeys Halloween night- I was send plastic tickets by WDW - I presume I use those tickets to get into the evening event)?

I have not gone to WDW since the time of the printed paper tickets!

So we are planning to go there now.
Got tickets in My Disney Experience.

I just spoke to a WDW agent- he told me there are least 4 ways to get admission:

a) get a magic band and get ticket loaded there
b) copy the ticket form my Disney Experience on the cell phone to my wallet on the cell phone - get it scanned into the turnstile that scans tickets from the cell phone
c) print the ticket reservation and go to "will call" ticket booth on day of admission, and ? get paper tickets
d) print the ticket reservation and go to WDW customer service (maybe at Disney Springs) in advance and get ?paper tickets?

Are these correct? Any other options?

I post this because I am not sure I want to buy a magic band just to scan the tickets there and then get admission.

(PS-we also get separate tickets for Mickeys Halloween night- I was send plastic tickets by WDW - I presume I use those tickets to get into the evening event)?
That CM was spot on with their advice. The only thing that I would add is that there is a Guest Services location at every park. You don't need to go to Disney Springs. You can pick your tickets up there or at a ticket booth and they will issue plastic tickets, not paper or Tyvek.

You can pick-up a hard plastic ticket -- like a credit card. Print your confirmation then either stop by a ticket window or Guest Relations location outside a park, or they can issue a hard plastic ticket at the tapstile. You can also do this at Disney Springs if you will be there the day/evening prior to going to a park.

I’m heading down with a group of girls in October for 4 days. I bought my tickets before they told me they only go to the parks 3 days. Can you decrease days and get a refund for the extra day? I don’t want to sit on hold forever if someone can help me. Worse case I guess I buy a 3 day ticket and save the 4 day for a future trip but I’d rather not put out an extra $500.

I’m heading down with a group of girls in October for 4 days. I bought my tickets before they told me they only go to the parks 3 days. Can you decrease days and get a refund for the extra day? I don’t want to sit on hold forever if someone can help me. Worse case I guess I buy a 3 day ticket and save the 4 day for a future trip but I’d rather not put out an extra $500.
Having recenty been in this situation I was told no as to the refund. I was offered a credit of the difference in price and I could then spend it on something else. At the time I used it to buy Genie+ although that is no longer an option.

Is there anything else you think you might need like Memory Maker?

Having recenty been in this situation I was told no as to the refund. I was offered a credit of the difference in price and I could then spend it on something else. At the time I used it to buy Genie+ although that is no longer an option.

Is there anything else you think you might need like Memory Maker?
I actually sat on hold for about an hour and a half last night after they escalated me up to someone higher and he was able to change my ticket and refunded me the $114. Was pleasantly surprised thinking they would not do it.

I am trying to renew my daughter and son-in-law's Annual Passes, upgrading from Sorcerer to the Incredi-pass because the whole family is going over Thanksgiving this year.

Since they are Florida residents, despite attempting to use my card (I'm a Colorado resident) to pay everything up front for the whole pass, it keeps telling me I have to enter a card with a Florida address to renew.

Is this correct? It's showing the same renewal price I just paid for my own, I'm not trying to set up installments, but Disney won't let me pay for it with a Colorado address?

I bought these at Guest Services last October without an issue (with a Colorado address credit card) but logging into their MDE and trying to renew, I can't seem to get it to work.

Am I stuck getting on the phone for hours at this point? Or am I missing something?

ty!

I am trying to renew my daughter and son-in-law's Annual Passes, upgrading from Sorcerer to the Incredi-pass because the whole family is going over Thanksgiving this year.

Since they are Florida residents, despite attempting to use my card (I'm a Colorado resident) to pay everything up front for the whole pass, it keeps telling me I have to enter a card with a Florida address to renew.

Is this correct? It's showing the same renewal price I just paid for my own, I'm not trying to set up installments, but Disney won't let me pay for it with a Colorado address?

I bought these at Guest Services last October without an issue (with a Colorado address credit card) but logging into their MDE and trying to renew, I can't seem to get it to work.

Am I stuck getting on the phone for hours at this point? Or am I missing something?

ty!
Will it let you use a disney gift card?

Will it let you use a disney gift card?
Don't have one to try -- but the reason I'm trying to use this particular card is the offer of $300 off if I spend XXX in the first three months (and these two Annual Passes do it in one go!)

I have searched and cannot find the answer to my question. I booked a package for 2 nights at Pop Century and added 3 days of park tickets. We are doing a split stay and I need 4 days of park tickets. I looked on MDE and there is no option to add another day.
Can I add an extra day ticket if I purchased a package?

Packages limit tickets to the length of stay. You should be able to add another day but you’ll have to call.

Packages limit tickets to the length of stay. You should be able to add another day but you’ll have to call.
Actually you can have a ten day ticket with even a one night stay and make it a pkg but you need to call to do this. Plus, any modifications you will need to call as well. When I rent dvc points, I usually do a one nights stay on my arrival day at any onsite resort and add a seven or eight day parkhopper to make it a pkg. Its just a little bit of security if I need to cancel and not get stuck with tickets. I have the same type of package coming up in a few weeks, another 1 next May and another 1 the following September.

Correct. I maybe should have been more clear - online restricts a package ticket to max length of stay; anything longer requires a call.

I read the first page of this thread, but could not possibly get through all 623 pages for an answer to my question.

We are purchasing 8-day basic tickets and would like to hop on our LAST DAY ONLY. Is it possible to upgrade to a hopper for that one day and pay the difference? Or would it be less hassle to buy 7-day tickets then one day park-hopper for our last day?

I was thinking about going to Guest Services the day before to see what could be done, but am coming to the experts so I'm prepared going in and know if the answer I receive is correct, or if I need to go another cast member elsewhere to ask.

Thanks in advance!

I read the first page of this thread, but could not possibly get through all 623 pages for an answer to my question.

We are purchasing 8-day basic tickets and would like to hop on our LAST DAY ONLY. Is it possible to upgrade to a hopper for that one day and pay the difference? Or would it be less hassle to buy 7-day tickets then one day park-hopper for our last day?

I was thinking about going to Guest Services the day before to see what could be done, but am coming to the experts so I'm prepared going in and know if the answer I receive is correct, or if I need to go another cast member elsewhere to ask.

Thanks in advance!
Hopping is all or nothing as far as ticketing. Price out making the entire 8 day a hopper vs a 7 day basic + 1 day hopper and go with whichever is the best price.

Hopping is all or nothing as far as ticketing. Price out making the entire 8 day a hopper vs a 7 day basic + 1 day hopper and go with whichever is the best price.
Yes, I didn't realize the cost to upgrade would be based on the whole ticket, as opposed to the one day. Thank you!

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can add it to your "last" day of your ticket prior to entering the park but the problem is, the price is the same regardless weather you added it at the beginning or the very last day. Since its a flat rate of around $85 for a seven day ticket, better to add it from the start. It would not be cost affective to purchase a 1 day with parkhopper which could cost you well over $200 per person versus the $85 for the length of the ticket you already have.

Hi everyone. My 4 year old is the only one in our family with an active AP. He has the Pirate Pass.
When going to renew, it does give me the option of upgrading him to a Sorcerer's Pass (our preferred pass).
Are the only circumstances they're allowing purchases still for a 2 year old turning 3, when their parents have an active pass?
We let ours lapse because I was pregnant with my now 5 month old and knew we wouldn't be at the parks.
Does anyone know if they're allowing exceptions in this case?
LOL at the mental picture of dropping my 4 year old off at the turnstile for the day :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Military Salute Tickets

We are planning to purchase PH tickets using the military salute when it's released. Historically, military tickets come in specific increments. For example, with last year's military salute, one could purchase a 4 or 5-day PH ticket - not more, not less. We need six days worth of tickets, 5 days of PH and one day of single-park. So I will purchase the 5-day PH using the military salute and one single-park ticket using the "regular" military discount. Here is my question. How do I know the correct ticket will be used on any given day? I need to use the single-park ticket in the middle of our trip and the PH tickets on either side of that day. Is there something specific I need to do in order to be sure the single-park ticket is the one used on our single-park day?

I hope that made sense. Many thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter