I have credit with Disney for two, 2-day park hopper tickets from a trip that was canceled due to covid. Do I have to use this credit for the same kind of ticket for the same two people, or could I use it towards two tickets for two DIFFERENT people? (Tickets were in my name and DH's originally; I'd like to use them towards purchasing tickets for DD and SIL when they travel in September).
You can upgrade the tickets and transfer to anyone you'd like. You probably need to do the upgrade, assuming the tickets are in your MDE and likely not visible to transfer now. The credit can be used for any theme park ticket of equal or greater value, though generally a 1:1 meaning 1 credit for 1 ticket (no combining the 2 credits for 1 longer ticket).

Thank you. That is how I understood the pass should work. However I activated my pass April 23, 2022 and my MDE shows it expiring April 22, 2023. The cast member told me that is correct. So, other than Disboards, where are people getting the 366 days info? Was the cast member I spoke with incorrect?
Was it a new AP voucher you activated on 4/23 or a renewal? Renewals simply extend the previous expiration date by 1 year (365 days), not the 366 of a new AP.

You can use any of several methods to enter the parks without going to a ticket window or guest relations:
  • a MagicBand from a prior trip -- even one from years ago should still work at tapstiles
  • a plastic card from a prior trip
  • your phone using the MyMagicMobile app
  • obtain a key-card from an onsite resort
are you sure?? I had all that set up on my MDE last year and when I tapped with my MB, they had me go to the window

are you sure?? I had all that set up on my MDE last year and when I tapped with my MB, they had me go to the window
Did you have a ticket that needed to be activated? Was the MB "active" on your MDE? Did you only try the MB but not the other options? Hard to say what exactly was the issue in that situation; might have been an IT glitch.

Did you have a ticket that needed to be activated? Was the MB "active" on your MDE? Did you only try the MB but not the other options? Hard to say what exactly was the issue in that situation; might have been an IT glitch.
ok, so I have my ticket active on my MDE now, my MB is active and assigned to each member of my party.

I guess this time I should be good right? I was able to make park reservations and everything, so I assume the tickets are active

ok, so I have my ticket active on my MDE now, my MB is active and assigned to each member of my party.

I guess this time I should be good right? I was able to make park reservations and everything, so I assume the tickets are active
All tickets allow one to make a theme park reservation. Unless you have some kind of specially-discounted tickets (like military Salute or FL Resident) it's unlikely your tickets need to be activated. You should be good at the tapstiles.

So I’m considering the new Disney package offer including the dining promo; however, I have an AP which expires on 9/4. I’m looking at booking this trip from 9/3-9/9 and wondering if it would be possible to apply the 7 day tickets that would come with the package toward renewing my AP...I would than use my AP to enter parks on 9/3 and go to guest services to renew my AP. So I wouldn’t have accessed the package tickets at that point.
*would I need to go to guest services before entering any park on the 3rd to make sure that they don’t scan the package tickets instead of my AP?
*Can I use the package tix toward renewing my AP?
I have the same question. I called and got 3 different answers.

It was a new AP voucher.
Heads up. Hopefully someone can change this is the sticky. Talked to a couple more cast members today and as of September 2021 passes are 365 days with no overlap. Thus if you activate your pass on April 23, 2022 it will expire on April 22, 2023. The 366 days was apparently never intentional and just a fluke of the way their system worked.

Heads up. Hopefully someone can change this is the sticky. Talked to a couple more cast members today and as of September 2021 passes are 365 days with no overlap. Thus if you activate your pass on April 23, 2022 it will expire on April 22, 2023. The 366 days was apparently never intentional and just a fluke of the way their system worked.
I wonder how they handle leap years? Do you get an extra day if Feb 29 happens during the period of your annual pass?

I wonder how they handle leap years? Do you get an extra day if Feb 29 happens during the period of your annual pass?
I didn't specifically ask about leap years, but my guess is that you get an extra day in leap years so that your expiration/renewal date never changes. The website/ fine print wording is "one year."

My wife went to Disney World in June of 2004 with some friends with free passes via Kodak(her dad worked there). They didn't end up using the entire ticket, so they gave her a 4 day park hopper ticket(we just found it). I know it doesn't expire and it's nontransferable. She is pretty sure it is linked to her name, but she is 2% concerned it is linked to one of her friends. We are now married, so her last name is different. How do I go about checking with disney about this? There isn't much information on the card which concerns me that no one at disney could validate it over the phone. Any ideas or has anyone else run into this problem?

Hi there!

So, we are going to WDW and buying tickets with dates for the first time. I am confused by how it works. So, here is the situation: we are (hopefully) arriving in MCO around 4:45. I guess that we will have to go through customs and get our bags and then pick up a rental car and drive to the AKL. I am thinking that we may arrive at the hotel by 7:00 pm? Does that seem right? The MK is open until 11:00 pm that evening. so I am unsure if we will want to go into a theme park that day, but we could do so if we aren't too tired from travel.

I would buy an eight day pass just in case, but the ticket says that the arrival day is the 'redemption date". If I buy an extra day and we are too tired to use the pass for the first time that evening, will we have a problem with our tickets? Should I buy a 7 day ticket starting on the next day and forget about going into the MK that night?

What do y'all think?

You wouldn't have a problem with the tickets, but you'd waste the cost of that day.

But I can't even IMAGINE going to a park after 8 pm after a long travel day. The resort is beautiful, with great dining options. Just check in, get something good to eat, and rest up for your first park day the next morning.

Hi there!

So, we are going to WDW and buying tickets with dates for the first time. I am confused by how it works. So, here is the situation: we are (hopefully) arriving in MCO around 4:45. I guess that we will have to go through customs and get our bags and then pick up a rental car and drive to the AKL. I am thinking that we may arrive at the hotel by 7:00 pm? Does that seem right? The MK is open until 11:00 pm that evening. so I am unsure if we will want to go into a theme park that day, but we could do so if we aren't too tired from travel.

I would buy an eight day pass just in case, but the ticket says that the arrival day is the 'redemption date". If I buy an extra day and we are too tired to use the pass for the first time that evening, will we have a problem with our tickets? Should I buy a 7 day ticket starting on the next day and forget about going into the MK that night?

What do y'all think?
Buy the 7 day ticket. You can always add a day later (before the pass is used on the last day).
The only time I've hit up a park on the day I've arrived was when we landed at 10am and got to the resort before noon. Spent all afternoon and evening in AK. It was a day to remember.

My wife went to Disney World in June of 2004 with some friends with free passes via Kodak(her dad worked there). They didn't end up using the entire ticket, so they gave her a 4 day park hopper ticket(we just found it). I know it doesn't expire and it's nontransferable. She is pretty sure it is linked to her name, but she is 2% concerned it is linked to one of her friends. We are now married, so her last name is different. How do I go about checking with disney about this? There isn't much information on the card which concerns me that no one at disney could validate it over the phone. Any ideas or has anyone else run into this problem?

I would be surprised if its linked to anyone. I didn't think WDW had linked tickets back 19 years ago...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter