Okay thanks! That makes sense why I couldn't find it anywhere! Disney really knows how to get you to spend those extras 🫠🫠😆 I'll have to chew on that and plan ahead accordingly. Thanks again!
We go annually and nearly always buy the base ticket knowing we can add PH if needed while we are there. That comes after buying PH (maybe ten years ago) and never once using it. 🤔

If you purchased from a reseller, and you want to change the dates or upgrade, do you get the full value of the ticket?

I just called to change my dates from June 16 to June 17, and to upgrade from a hopper to a hopper plus. The CM on the phone (MDE) would only give me the price I paid for the ticket in November 2022 (before the increase in price).

The value they are assigning my ticket is $760 (June 16, 10 day park hopper through UCT)
The full value of the ticket is $821 (June 16, 10 day park hopper)
The "upgraded" price is $846 (June 17, 10 day hopper plus).

Any advice? Am I stuck paying $89 if I want to make the changes, or should I wait to go to Guest Services in person on June 16th when we get to disney? Any help much appreciated in advance!!
It was my experience that they will only credit you the price that UT paid Disney for the ticket. Not sure if that is what is happening here, but if so, then yes unfortunately you are stuck paying it.

I asked this awhile back but either I missed any response or didn’t get one but Im going to ask again…I have an AP which expires on 9/4 and have booked the dining card promo for early Sept. will I be able to apply the tickets from this offer to the cost of my AP renewal?

I have platinum AP vouchers (not activated), when I bought them I thought we would use them before my youngest turned 10, so I purchased a child AP for him. Now he is 9 and we don't have any plans on activating the passes. What will happen when we go to activate them and he is over 9. It shouldn't really matter since the child and adult passes cost the same, right?

I have some adult and child park hopper tickets from 2000 and 2003 that still have at least a park day and a water park left on them.
I think credit value can only be used to purchase new tickets?
As we have tickets already as part of our UK package, is there anything else I can do with the value? A gift card for the shops would be more useful for us.

I have some adult and child park hopper tickets from 2000 and 2003 that still have at least a park day and a water park left on them.
I think credit value can only be used to purchase new tickets?
As we have tickets already as part of our UK package, is there anything else I can do with the value? A gift card for the shops would be more useful for us.
I don't know that you can get credit for partially used tickets. You can always try asking at Guest Relations. The unused days from tickets that old most likely are still valid (depending on ticket type -- I think there were some length-of-stay tickets around then that expired after the visit).

I asked this awhile back but either I missed any response or didn’t get one but Im going to ask again…I have an AP which expires on 9/4 and have booked the dining card promo for early Sept. will I be able to apply the tickets from this offer to the cost of my AP renewal?
Since WDW is not allowing early AP renewals and their suggestion is to purchase a separate ticket, I would hope they allow that ticket to be applied to the renewal. However I don't have an AP so I honestly don't know how it's working right now. Hopefully someone else can chime in...

It was my experience that they will only credit you the price that UT paid Disney for the ticket. Not sure if that is what is happening here, but if so, then yes unfortunately you are stuck paying it.
This did happen sometimes in previous years, possibly because the computer system the ticketing staff used required an extra step to apply the retail price to a wholesale ticket. It hasn't happened recently, to the best of my knowledge, and I'm pretty sure the current software automatically applies the correct retail price. I have upgraded discount tickets (from Undercover Tourist) using the MDE app, and have been credited the retail price, not the wholesale price.

One thing that can happen is that if you buy a ticket from a discounter just after a price increase, the discount vendor might be selling tickets from the previous ticket stock. Disney will consider those tickets to have the previous retail price, not the current retail price. You would still save some money when you upgrade, just not as much as you might expect.

For example, say a ticket price increase occurs on January 15, and you buy a ticket (from a ticket vendor advertising "old" prices) on January 17th, for a discounted $315 price. The old full retail price was $350 and the new full retail price is $375. So you're saving $60 off the current retail price. Disney, however, considers that to be an "old" priced ticket with a retail price of $350. If you upgrade it, you'll be credited $350, which is still more than the $315 you paid, but not as much as the $375 you might have expected to get.

Since WDW is not allowing early AP renewals and their suggestion is to purchase a separate ticket, I would hope they allow that ticket to be applied to the renewal. However I don't have an AP so I honestly don't know how it's working right now. Hopefully someone else can chime in...
Thank you! I will be in Disney World in April so I will check with guest services at that time..just want to know so if they come out with a “Room Only” discount for my Sept. dates i will know whether to considering that instead of the dining card promo…

Thank you! I will be in Disney World in April so I will check with guest services at that time..just want to know so if they come out with a “Room Only” discount for my Sept. dates i will know whether to considering that instead of the dining card promo…

As we know, the Plan Disney website isn't always accurate. However, it does contain this information here:
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...et-dates-used-pay-renewal-annual-pass-492410/

"To answer your question, yes, unused tickets with pre-set dates can be used as a credit toward your Annual Pass renewal. However, the process is a little more complicated and depends on the current situation. First, this can only be done by a Cast Member in person at a ticketing window. For this reason, the process may be a bit tricky as you have to be within your renewal window during your trip. If you are within your renewal window, you can go to a ticketing window at the main entrance of any of the four parks or visit the Disney Springs Guest Relations locations, and they will be able to renew your Annual Pass for you. Second, your pass must be currently sold, so you would only be able to use your unused tickets towards your renewal if you own the Disney Pixie Dust Pass and are a Florida resident. To know precisely when Annual Passes go back on sale, I recommend keeping an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and the Walt Disney World website. To clarify, these requirements only apply if you want to use your unused tickets towards your renewal, but you would still be able to renew any Annual Pass even if they are not currently being sold."

The bolding is mine....

So, I guess, the question is... what type of pass do you currently have @Lsdolphin

As we know, the Plan Disney website isn't always accurate. However, it does contain this information here:
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...et-dates-used-pay-renewal-annual-pass-492410/

"To answer your question, yes, unused tickets with pre-set dates can be used as a credit toward your Annual Pass renewal. However, the process is a little more complicated and depends on the current situation. First, this can only be done by a Cast Member in person at a ticketing window. For this reason, the process may be a bit tricky as you have to be within your renewal window during your trip. If you are within your renewal window, you can go to a ticketing window at the main entrance of any of the four parks or visit the Disney Springs Guest Relations locations, and they will be able to renew your Annual Pass for you. Second, your pass must be currently sold, so you would only be able to use your unused tickets towards your renewal if you own the Disney Pixie Dust Pass and are a Florida resident. To know precisely when Annual Passes go back on sale, I recommend keeping an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and the Walt Disney World website. To clarify, these requirements only apply if you want to use your unused tickets towards your renewal, but you would still be able to renew any Annual Pass even if they are not currently being sold."

The bolding is mine....

So, I guess, the question is... what type of pass do you currently have @Lsdolphin
I have an Annual Pass when I renewed last Sept it became the Incredible one...

I have an Annual Pass when I renewed last Sept it became the Incredible one...

OK, well, according to Plan Disney (which I quoted), you can only use your unused tickets to apply the cost to renew to a pass that is currently sold.

But, who knows if they (Plan Disney) is correct.

OK, well, according to Plan Disney (which I quoted), you can only use your unused tickets to apply the cost to renew to a pass that is currently sold.

But, who knows if they (Plan Disney) is correct.
Well I guess I’ll find out...I plan to go to the guest services in Disney Springs the day I arrive for my next visit (4/18) and hopefully whatever they tell me will still apply in Sept.....i know Disney makes changes overnight...they might be selling the APs by Sept.

Well I guess I’ll find out...I plan to go to the guest services in Disney Springs the day I arrive for my next visit (4/18) and hopefully whatever they tell me will still apply in Sept.....i know Disney makes changes overnight...they might be selling the APs by Sept.
I bet it becomes a moot point since you will get an AP room only discount for your stay that will save you more money than the dining promo, but it doesn't hurt to ask GRs.

I bet it becomes a moot point since you will get an AP room only discount for your stay that will save you more money than the dining promo, but it doesn't hurt to ask GRs.
Actually that’s what I was thinking too...but if I can use the tickets toward my AP renewal than I’m getting $100 off per night so that might be a good deal ....

Hello!

I know the best rule is to buy your tickets and make reservations as far ahead as you can..

But if we were thinking about going June 26-29 how terrible of an idea is it to wait until April?

We will be buying tickets through Shades of Green.

Hello!

I know the best rule is to buy your tickets and make reservations as far ahead as you can..

But if we were thinking about going June 26-29 how terrible of an idea is it to wait until April?

We will be buying tickets through Shades of Green.
It's not very likely at all that any of the parks will be booked up for those dates in June before you buy tickets in April. I don't think it's a terrible idea at all to wait. If you were going over 4th of July, it might be different!

I have three 10-day Water Park and Games *No Expiration* tickets that have not been used or assigned on My Disney Experience account. I know we can give these to family members linked to my account. What I'm unclear about is removing them as nothing states that they must remain linked or can be removed. Basically can I link a family member/cousin, transfer the tickets, then remove them from my profile immediately without any issues or would we need to remain linked until some/all days are used? Thank you in advance.

You can link, transfer and then unlink. Just know, once you transfer those tickets you won't have any control over those tickets anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter