Ticket question.
We currently live in New York and have a trip in May. We have 5-day tickets with hoppers. We are actually moving to Florida in about a month, which will give us the option to upgrade to the Pixie Dust Pass.
From what I understand, to upgrade we just pay the difference between what our tickets cost and what the pass costs. My question is what happens if our tickets cost more than than the pass does? Do we just upgrade for no charge? I'm sure Disney doesn't refund the difference back to us.

not sure if anyone responded to your question but Disney does not typically refund the difference. Also, if you use the tickets before upgrading, make sure to use them on days that the Pixie Pass is valid… Disney won’t let you get a Pixie Pass if you used it on a weekend.

Hi all! Have two hopefully quick questions.

1) We currently have a 2 day Florida Weekday pass. We have already used one of those days, and plan on going in a few weeks to use the 2nd day. Can we still upgrade that pass to a Park Hopper Plus pass? I know that we would have to pay full price and add it to both days, just wanted to see if that was still possible even though they are no longer selling that ticket.

2) The plan is to use our 2nd day on a Friday, and hopefully go to a water park on Saturday (using the Park Hopper Plus Water park add on). From the wording, it appears that we can do a water park outside of the 2 days that we use the ticket for, and if that is true, does the water park have to be on a weekday as well? I didn't see anything specifying that in the small print, it just started you could go to a water park on "2 additional days".

not sure if anyone responded to your question but Disney does not typically refund the difference. Also, if you use the tickets before upgrading, make sure to use them on days that the Pixie Pass is valid… Disney won’t let you get a Pixie Pass if you used it on a weekend.
Thank you for responding. Our park days are Monday-Friday and no Pixie blackout dates, so we're good there. Didn't figure they would refund the difference. Seems like a no brainer to upgrade to the annual pass though since we will be living in Florida by then and it won't cost any extra.

I'm planning a family trip to WDW in August. It's likely I'll be in charge of everyone's tickets and reservations through my MDE, as I am the family planner

My sister-in-law, who lives out of state, told me she has a one day pass left over when she was a kid (??? red flag???) that she'd like to use. She'd buy passes for the rest of the days.

She's 42 so I think this thing must've been bought in the 1990s sometime lol.

What do I do?

Thank you for responding. Our park days are Monday-Friday and no Pixie blackout dates, so we're good there. Didn't figure they would refund the difference. Seems like a no brainer to upgrade to the annual pass though since we will be living in Florida by then and it won't cost any extra.

maybe you can get pixie dust and they will refund you the difference on a gift card. It never hurts to ask!

1) We currently have a 2 day Florida Weekday pass. We have already used one of those days, and plan on going in a few weeks to use the 2nd day. Can we still upgrade that pass to a Park Hopper Plus pass? I know that we would have to pay full price and add it to both days, just wanted to see if that was still possible even though they are no longer selling that ticket.
How long ago did you first use the 2-day FL ticket? You can ask, but generally any upgrades must be done within 14 days of first use.

#2 may be moot if you cannot upgrade, but I would assume it's only valid for a weekday. I don't see any reference to the weekday limit only applying to theme park use.

My sister-in-law, who lives out of state, told me she has a one day pass left over when she was a kid (??? red flag???) that she'd like to use. She'd buy passes for the rest of the days.
She can do that. Does she have the actual physical ticket? Has she previously linked it to an MDE account? That would be the first order of business -- and it may or may not be easy if she hasn't done it already in person. She would need to contact the ticketing office, probably share a picture/scan of the front and back of her old ticket. They'll confirm if it's still valid.

How many ticket days is everyone getting? It may not be worth the hassle to use for this trip, but she might want to bring it along and deal with getting it assigned in MDE while there for use in the future.

How long ago did you first use the 2-day FL ticket? You can ask, but generally any upgrades must be done within 14 days of first use.

#2 may be moot if you cannot upgrade, but I would assume it's only valid for a weekday. I don't see any reference to the weekday limit only applying to theme park use.

We did the first day back in late February, so well over 14 days. Did not realize there was a limit to upgrade.

Re #2, that's kind of the problem is it doesn't really specify if the water park is only weekday or not. And in the fine print, it actually talks about the golf option is only available Tue/Wed/Sat/Sun which makes it even more confusing because I'm not sure if they included weekends there just to say when it's open, or that you could use it then.

However, if we could only get an upgrade within 14 days of first use, it doesn't really matter anyways (they also are no longer selling that ticket).

Thank you very much for the info regarding the 14 days, I see that now so I guess new plans will have to be made.

I have a dumb question that I think I know the answer to but I'll ask the experts before I pay long-distance to be on hold...

I had a 7-Day Hopper Plus ticket in 2020 that I wasn't able to use and has since expired. I know that I can use the price paid towards the purchase of a new ticket. I bought with a Canadian Resident discount for $437.

I assumed that I could use that towards ANY ticket that cost more but now I'm second-guessing myself. Can I purchase a 5 Day Hopper at $671, and pay the $200ish difference between the different tickets since prices have gone up. Or do I still need to buy a 7-Day Hopper Plus in order to apply it?

TIA!

I assumed that I could use that towards ANY ticket that cost more but now I'm second-guessing myself. Can I purchase a 5 Day Hopper at $671, and pay the $200ish difference between the different tickets since prices have gone up.
That’s correct. You can use the credit for any ticket equal or greater value.

I have a 5 day park hopper for the end of August, but we will probably need to add a day. I bought through UT. Is there anything special I need to do to add the day- before we use the tickets, after, etc? Or can I just go to guest services and have it added on?

I have a 5 day park hopper for the end of August, but we will probably need to add a day. I bought through UT. Is there anything special I need to do to add the day- before we use the tickets, after, etc? Or can I just go to guest services and have it added on?
Some folks have been able to upgrade their tickets through the app; others have been told they need to go back through UT for any changes. I'm not sure why it works sometimes but not others.

Otherwise...no there is nothing special. Tickets do not have to be used prior to upgrading. You will receive credit for the value of the tickets (what WDW sold for online) as of the date you purchased. If there has been a ticket price increase since then, you will need to pay the difference to bring to current pricing. You can do this onsite at any WDW ticket window or Guest Relations. Just be aware that if any dates during your ticket valid window are "sold out" of theme park reservations, WDW will not allow the extra day to be added. So it's recommended to do in advance if traveling during a busy time.

Seeking confirmation of my plan, we held annual passes for several years and unfortunately let them lapse last year. We are going for a cheer comp next month and plan to go to the parks. If I buy 3-day fl resident passes, can we go over the weekend (sat and sun) and then on Monday upgrade to the pixie pass for weekdays? Thanks!!!

If I buy 3-day fl resident passes, can we go over the weekend (sat and sun) and then on Monday upgrade to the pixie pass for weekdays?
No. If you use your original ticket on a day that is "blocked out" for the AP, you cannot upgrade to the AP. WDW closed that loophole about a year or so ago, around the time the new APs were announced.

No. If you use your original ticket on a day that is "blocked out" for the AP, you cannot upgrade to the AP. WDW closed that loophole about a year or so ago, around the time the new APs were announced.
Bummer! That's why I asked, thanks for the info! Wish I could just buy a regular annual pass. I hate wasting so much money on day-passes.

DD has a cheer competition at ESPN later this month. Part of the registration cost was a 3 day park hopper that is valid for two weeks. We already have annual passes. Is it possible someone else could use the 3 day ticket so it doesn't go to waste?

Can you apply a recently used ticket to the cost of an annual pass by agreeing to backdate it to the first day the original ticket was used?

Can you apply a recently used ticket to the cost of an annual pass by agreeing to backdate it to the first day the original ticket was used?
No. A ticket cannot be upgraded more than 14 days after first use AND it must have at least 1 remaining entitlement. With the date-based tickets the expiration window is usually less than 14 days. You can upgrade on the the date you use the last entry but not the next day.

Question: We have a trip planned for the end of May and my friend bought an 8 day park hopper because AP's were not available. Is it possible for her to return the 8 day parkhopper and buy an AP instead? Thanks for your response.

Question: We have a trip planned for the end of May and my friend bought an 8 day park hopper because AP's were not available. Is it possible for her to return the 8 day parkhopper and buy an AP instead? Thanks for your response.
If she bought the 8-day PH from a 3rd party she may be able to return it for refund (minus a fee). She'll need to check the terms of the reseller, not all do refunds.

If she bought direct from Disney she should be able to upgrade the 8-day PH ticket to an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter