Does anyone know if I purchased 3-day tickets for my family through undercover tourist in June 2023. Am I able to put value towards the 4 park magic ticket when they are released by calling Disney?
Broadly speaking, any valid, unexpired ticket can be traded toward another ticket. Occasionally there will be exceptions, but there's no reason to think that wouldn't work. You'll have to do it over the phone or in person. If the ticket is visible in your account, and costs less than the 4-park magic ticket, you should just have to pay the difference. If your ticket cost more than a 4-park magic ticket, you won't get a refund of the difference.

Make sure you know what the actual advance-purchase price was for that ticket. The amount you should get is the pre-tax advance-purchase price as of the date you bought it. If you bought it recently, you should be able to find out the price by going to Disney's website and starting to buy the same ticket for the same dates; it should still be the same price.

Remember that Disney will quote you the pre-tax price for your ticket, and deduct that from the pre-tax price ($396) for the 4-park ticket, then add tax to the difference. If you have written down the post-tax price, it will appear that Disney is offering you less than the correct value. Be sure to write down the pre-tax price.

Example: I don't know what dates your ticket is for, but let's pick a random start date for example purposes: August 21, 2023. Disney sells a 3-day ticket starting Aug 21 for $340.03 (pre-tax), final price $362.13. UCT sells the same ticket for $349.22 (final price). Total savings: $12.91.

If you call Disney to upgrade they should offer you $340.03 for the ticket (pre-tax), which might feel like it's less than you paid UCT, but you're comparing a pre-tax price to a post-tax price. Don't worry, it will all work out in the end. That $340.03 is applied toward the pre-tax price of a 4-day magic ticket that costs $396. So you now pay $55.97 plus tax, making it $59.61.

In total, you paid $349.22 for the original ticket, plus $59.61 for the upgrade, making your total out-of-pocket $408.83. However, the post-tax price for the 4-park magic ticket is $421.74, so you save, in the end... $12.91. So you retained the discount you got originally, even if the numbers are confusing

Last edited:
Broadly speaking, any valid, unexpired ticket can be traded toward another ticket. Occasionally there will be exceptions, but there's no reason to think that wouldn't work. You'll have to do it over the phone or in person. If the ticket is visible in your account, and costs less than the 4-park magic ticket, you should just have to pay the difference. If your ticket cost more than a 4-park magic ticket, you won't get a refund of the difference.

Make sure you know what the actual advance-purchase price was for that ticket. The amount you should get is the pre-tax advance-purchase price as of the date you bought it. If you bought it recently, you should be able to find out the price by going to Disney's website and starting to buy the same ticket for the same dates; it should still be the same price.

Remember that Disney will quote you the pre-tax price for your ticket, and deduct that from the pre-tax price ($396) for the 4-park ticket, then add tax to the difference. If you have written down the post-tax price, it will appear that Disney is offering you less than the correct value. Be sure to write down the pre-tax price.

Example: Disney sells a 3-day ticket starting Aug 21 for $340.03 (pre-tax), final price $362.13. UCT sells the same ticket for $349.22 (final price). You saved $12.91 total.

If you call Disney to upgrade they should offer you $340.03 for the ticket (pre-tax), which might feel like it's less than you paid UCT, but you're comparing a pre-tax price to a post-tax price. Don't worry, it will all work out in the end. That $340.03 is applied toward the pre-tax price of a 4-day magic ticket that costs $396. So you now pay $55.97 plus tax, making it $59.61.

In total, you paid $349.22 for the original ticket, plus $59.61 for the upgrade, making your total out-of-pocket $408.83. However, the post-tax price for the 4-park magic ticket is $421.74, so you save, in the end... $12.91. So you retained the discount you got originally, even if the numbers are confusing
In the instance that what we paid for a UCT ticket is more than the amount of the new ticket from Disney, how would we get the difference back? Would it be in the form of a gift card? We paid roughly 518 for a 4 day non park hopper ticket from UCT. Current post-tax price is 561. Since the 4 day ticket promo is 396+tax, expecting to ~100 per ticket back for 3 people, so ~300 or more back.

In the instance that what we paid for a UCT ticket is more than the amount of the new ticket from Disney, how would we get the difference back?
Per Disney terms, generally you don’t get a refund. You can certainly ask, but be aware the answer could be “no.” In that case you can simply keep and use the existing ticket, or keep it for a future credit and buy the new Magic ticket outright.

In the instance that what we paid for a UCT ticket is more than the amount of the new ticket from Disney, how would we get the difference back? Would it be in the form of a gift card? We paid roughly 518 for a 4 day non park hopper ticket from UCT. Current post-tax price is 561. Since the 4 day ticket promo is 396+tax, expecting to ~100 per ticket back for 3 people, so ~300 or more back.
You get nothing back. Disney will never refund money on a ticket exchange, except under unusual circumstances (i.e. Disney messed something up). If your ticket costs more than the ticket you want, see if you can return it and pay the restocking fee, then buy the ticket you want.

You get nothing back. Disney will never refund money on a ticket exchange, except under unusual circumstances (i.e. Disney messed something up). If your ticket costs more than the ticket you want, see if you can return it and pay the restocking fee, then buy the ticket you want.
Yea we’ll just have to do that then. Still saving money overall even with the restocking fee. Thanks!

Example: I don't know what dates your ticket is for, but let's pick a random start date for example purposes: August 21, 2023. Disney sells a 3-day ticket starting Aug 21 for $340.03 (pre-tax), final price $362.13. UCT sells the same ticket for $349.22 (final price). Total savings: $12.91.

Thanks super helpful - fingers crossed they will allow me to change to these special tickets. Regardless my wife will be happy w 3 days over 4 , so either way I come out ahead :)

Sorry if this is somewhere within the 650 pages of this thread (I did use search and check the sticky):

May be purchasing a new annual pass after having let ours laps 18 months ago. If one person buys the photopass upgrade, is that sufficient? When I try to checkout, Disney puts the photopass upgrade on both the passes in our cart. I can certainly do 2 transactions. Thoughts? Thanks.

Sorry if this is somewhere within the 650 pages of this thread (I did use search and check the sticky):

May be purchasing a new annual pass after having let ours laps 18 months ago. If one person buys the photopass upgrade, is that sufficient? When I try to checkout, Disney puts the photopass upgrade on both the passes in our cart. I can certainly do 2 transactions. Thoughts? Thanks.
Yes, it’s fine to buy the PP download upgrade for only one AP. The person who has it will see all photos linked to the person who doesn’t have it and will be able to download and share them as desired. Unfortunately as you’ve deduced you’ll have to buy in separate transactions - sneaky Disney trick.

Edited to clarify that the person who has the PP Download attached to their AP will see all photos linked to anyone in their F&F list who has given them permission in MDE to Share Their Disney PhotoPass Photos.

Last edited:

I think many families go through the separate transaction to purchase only one PP for the family. There's no reason to buy more than one for a family unit or group traveling together.

Hey everyone! Question regarding an upgrade to 4-Park Magic ticket. I currently have a 2-day ticket to be used June 14-17. Am I able to upgrade to the 4-day with my first park day being the 13th? Add a day to the front of the trip instead of the back? Any issue with that?

Are FL Annual Passes still available? My niece is moving down, and was trying to buy one, and it was not showing as available to her. My thoughts are that her MDE is still showing a 'PA' address, and once she changes it to her new FL address, it should show up?

She will then need a Utility or Bank Statement to activate, correct? I doubt she gets her license that quick, so that is why I'm asking

At this point, I believe all APs are currently available for sale at WDW, including those just for Florida residents.

I'm not familiar with Florida licensing procedures, but in my mind it seems like it should take less time to get a new state license as an id than it would to wait several weeks to get a utility confirmation or bank statement - but I've not actually done it! But some form of proof that she is a Florida resident would be required to activate.

Are FL Annual Passes still available? My niece is moving down, and was trying to buy one, and it was not showing as available to her. My thoughts are that her MDE is still showing a 'PA' address, and once she changes it to her new FL address, it should show up?

She will then need a Utility or Bank Statement to activate, correct? I doubt she gets her license that quick, so that is why I'm asking

The system won't recognize her as a Florida resident with a out of state address. She might also need a Florida method of payment.

Here is what she will need to pick up her AP.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/proof-florida-address/

I think she was assuming that to take a day out to go to the DMV (after starting a new job), might be easier to just wait for the Rental Agreement or Utility Bill

Scenario: Let's say I have a 10-day MYW ticket (not purchased from Disney). I use it to enter Epcot on June 1. I then decide to upgrade to an AP.

Question: What gets applied to the purchase of the AP upgrade?

a) The amount I originally paid for the MYW ticket
b) The value of a regular date-based 10-day hopper ticket with a start date of June 1
c) 90% of the amount I originally paid (since I already used one day)
d) 90% of the value of 10-day date-based ticket with a start date of June 1 (since I already used one day)
e) Some other amount (if this, how much?)
f) I should have upgraded to AP before going to Epcot (if this, please tell me why)

Last edited:
Scenario: Let's say I have a 10-day MYW ticket. I use it to enter Epcot on June 1. I then decide to upgrade to an AP.

Question: What gets applied to the purchase of the AP upgrade?

a) The amount I originally paid for the MYW ticket
b) The value of a regular date-based 10-day hopper ticket with a start date of June 1
c) 90% of the amount I originally paid (since I already used one day)
d) 90% of the value of 10-day date-based ticket with a start date of June 1 (since I already used one day)
e) Some other amount (if this, how much?)
f) I should have upgraded to AP before going to Epcot (if this, please tell me why)

a.

No. If done correctly the credit should be "b" with the qualifier of "at the time the ticket was purchased."
So if you bought the ticket last fall before the price increase in Dec. it will be not be the current value listed online today. If the 10-day PH was bought more recently the value is most likely what you find listed online now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter