I am going to a conference and can buy a discounted ticket for those dates (conference rate for the tix). I do not think I will want an AP instead but if I buy the conference discounted ticket are those generally upgradeable? I understand I may have to pay to bridge the cost to what the full price ticket is but dont want to end up with this ticket and not being able to upgrade if I change my mind. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I wish you could do the upgrade over the phone. My DH wants me to wait until there so we can put the cost of the tickets I already paid for towards the AP since the trip is paid in full.
We just went to WDW earlier this month. We had previously bought our tickets through Sam's Club and when we called MS, they just charged us the difference for the Sorcerer Pass. You should be able to call and upgrade even though you have tickets. My parents did the same thing earlier this year.
Since my AP will not be "active" until we arrive, how do I go about making park reservations? (I'm hoping that they do away with the AP reservations before we arrive next August, but I'm not holding my breath.)

Will the reservation system know that I hold the "certificate" for the AP and allow me to make reservations, or does the pass physically need to be activated before I can make any park reservations?
We were able to make all of our park reservations for our trip earlier this month with our APs loaded on the MDE.
I've read some conflicting information regarding activating an AP and I could use some updated information. My sister used to have an annual pass but did not renew it when it expired in 2022. She bought a brand new Incredi-Pass in April. We will be going to WDW next month, her first time going to the parks since she bought the AP. Does she have to go to guest services to activate her AP or can she just enter the parks without having to go to guest services first?
When we went ealier this month, our APs were already loaded on our accounts when we arrived at GS at MK our first day (two adults and three children). GS told us to just go to the AP line and they would be activated upon scanning in the first time.

We just went to WDW earlier this month. We had previously bought our tickets through Sam's Club and when we called MS, they just charged us the difference for the Sorcerer Pass. You should be able to call and upgrade even though you have tickets. My parents did the same thing earlier this year.

We were able to make all of our park reservations for our trip earlier this month with our APs loaded on the MDE.

When we went ealier this month, our APs were already loaded on our accounts when we arrived at GS at MK our first day (two adults and three children). GS told us to just go to the AP line and they would be activated upon scanning in the first time.

Ok good to know, it used to be you had to do it in person at GS. I will give them a call today, thank you. 😊

Ok good to know, it used to be you had to do it in person at GS. I will give them a call today, thank you. 😊
There seem to be different experiences for different guests. We were there two weeks ago and tried to activate our Sorcerer Passes at the gate. We were then sent to Guest Services/Will Call to have them do it there. So for us the walkthrough was not allowed.

We did end up getting the physical cards as well since we were at the ticket booth and we were told these were the last physical cards that will be issued (so it's a keepsake, lol). Starting next year, no more AP physical cards.

There seem to be different experiences for different guests. We were there two weeks ago and tried to activate our Sorcerer Passes at the gate. We were then sent to Guest Services/Will Call to have them do it there. So for us the walkthrough was not allowed.

We did end up getting the physical cards as well since we were at the ticket booth and we were told these were the last physical cards that will be issued (so it's a keepsake, lol). Starting next year, no more AP physical cards.
We heard conflicting reports as well, especially when younger children are involved and you have the Sorcerer Pass (since they are not on our deed). Even when I would talk with CMs prior to the trip, the information was not consistent. At least one said we had to visit GS first and another said the passes were already loaded, so we could just head to the gate and scan in.

The difference is because you have a package booked. A package requires all guests to have the same tickets attached, payment in full 30+ days prior to arrival, and tickets aren't active until your check-in date. Those tickets will not be eligible to be upgraded to an annual pass prior to arrival. The only changes that can be made to them are to length of days, park hopper option, etc in accordance with your package.

If you booked a room only and purchased tickets separately those tickets are standalone and can be upgraded to an annual pass prior to arrival.

You could also try changing your package to a "basic package" which would remove all ticket entitlements. You would have to cancel all the park passes, purchase the APs outright, and then make new park passes. IDK how close you are to check-in since you said your package is paid in full. If it's more than 30 days out you should be able to get a refund for the decrease. If you have a special promotion that can only be applied to a package with ticket entitlements you will also lose that.

The difference is because you have a package booked. A package requires all guests to have the same tickets attached, payment in full 30+ days prior to arrival, and tickets aren't active until your check-in date. Those tickets will not be eligible to be upgraded to an annual pass prior to arrival. The only changes that can be made to them are to length of days, park hopper option, etc in accordance with your package.

If you booked a room only and purchased tickets separately those tickets are standalone and can be upgraded to an annual pass prior to arrival.

You could also try changing your package to a "basic package" which would remove all ticket entitlements. You would have to cancel all the park passes, purchase the APs outright, and then make new park passes. IDK how close you are to check-in since you said your package is paid in full. If it's more than 30 days out you should be able to get a refund for the decrease. If you have a special promotion that can only be applied to a package with ticket entitlements you will also lose that.

Yeah I gave them a call yesterday. I was told I could upgrade with my package however my DH and I both would have to upgrade but it’s only me doing it so it won’t work. But he did say I could modify the package to room only, use the price of the tickets I already paid towards the AP and then repurchase my DHs tickets. This is only if I want to do it now, once I check in I can then go to GS and upgrade because essentially at that point the tickets and room are separate, this part I already knew I could do as I’ve done it in the past. My only concern is if there is any chance they stop selling APs again anytime soon, I don’t want to miss it again like I did in 2021. We arrive in 50 days so it’s not to soon, I may just do the modify route to be safe.

Last edited:

I gave them a call yesterday and I could’ve 100% done it over the phone if both my DH and I were upgrading but it’s just me. There is a way I can do it but it’s a lot more work so now I’m debating on what to do. But I now know there is a way as before I thought the only option was in person. Thank you. 😊

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask or not…I’m going soon and staying in a 1-bed. My nephew & wife were originally staying offsite, but I have convinced them to stay on site with me. They had already purchased tickets, and we are connected on MDE (where I can see their tickets). I already added them to my hotel res, but is there anything else I need to do to make certain their tickets are now linked to an on-property stay? Like, I’m assuming when I pick up their key cards, they can automatically be used for entrance to the parks - yes?

is there anything else I need to do to make certain their tickets are now linked to an on-property stay?
Their tickets are linked to their profiles, assuming that is the same profile that is also linked to the resort reservation, it's all set. Tickets don't actually "link" to a hotel reservation, both are linked to the profile in MDE.

They can use their phones to unlock the resort room door, or older MagicBands if they have some, or request a card from the front desk. (I have heard reports that the resort may give pushback on such requests and encourage one of the alternative methods.)

Their tickets are linked to their profiles, assuming that is the same profile that is also linked to the resort reservation, it's all set. Tickets don't actually "link" to a hotel reservation, both are linked to the profile in MDE.

They can use their phones to unlock the resort room door, or older MagicBands if they have some, or request a card from the front desk. (I have heard reports that the resort may give pushback on such requests and encourage one of the alternative methods.)
Thanks! Yes, I used the same profile to add them to my reservation. I figured as much since I’m AP and never have to do anything other than make the hotel and park res and am set, but I didn’t want to rope drop and then have an issue. They do have older MBs, but they’re having a hard time locating them 🤞🏻. Thanks again!

Well I have my AP back and it feels good not to be worrying about it anymore, never not renewing it again. I did modify the package to room only and they refunded me the full price of the tickets and then purchased the AP for me and tickets for the DH. The tickets were actually a bit cheaper because our actual park days start on the Monday and not the weekend. 😊😊

I will be purchasing an AP for our trip in late August 2024. The others on our trip will be purchasing 10-day tickets to use. (and they have 14 days to use the 10 days once once they visit the first park)

My question has to do with park reservations for an AP. I know in January they are removing the park reservations on date tickets. If I understand correctly, I still would have to make park reservations if I hold an AP. Is that correct?

I thought I read somewhere that I can only make a park reservation for 5 days at a time with an AP? Is that true? So the others in my group will have access for 10 days, but I realistically can only reserve 5 days?

Has anyone run into issues with being an AP while others in your group are not and not being able to get into a park with your group because you couldn't get a park reservation?

I mean if I use up my 5-days, on that 6th day, can I then book the next 5 days?
I would hate to not be able to get into a park that they are going to!

~D

I will be purchasing an AP for our trip in late August 2024. The others on our trip will be purchasing 10-day tickets to use. (and they have 14 days to use the 10 days once once they visit the first park)

My question has to do with park reservations for an AP. I know in January they are removing the park reservations on date tickets. If I understand correctly, I still would have to make park reservations if I hold an AP. Is that correct?

I thought I read somewhere that I can only make a park reservation for 5 days at a time with an AP? Is that true? So the others in my group will have access for 10 days, but I realistically can only reserve 5 days?

Has anyone run into issues with being an AP while others in your group are not and not being able to get into a park with your group because you couldn't get a park reservation?

I mean if I use up my 5-days, on that 6th day, can I then book the next 5 days?
I would hate to not be able to get into a park that they are going to!

~D
If you are staying at a Disney Resort you can make reservations for the entire trip.

If you are offsite you can make 5 days (or whatever your AP says, I can only do 3) but you can book your next one as soon as you complete your first day. You don't wait until you used them all. You can only hold X at one time, so as soon as you use one, book another.

The others on our trip will be purchasing 10-day tickets to use. (and they have 14 days to use the 10 days once once they visit the first park)
Are these regular date-based WDW tickets? If so, yes the ticket is valid for 14 days from the designated start date not necessarily from 1st use.

PP answered about the AP theme park reservations.

Hello!

I have a question about upgrading PH tickets to new DVC Annual Passes. We are going in April 2024, both my DH and I already have Sorcerer's APs but we are bringing my mom and niece with us. If we get them regular PH tickets, can we still upgrade them to APs as long as it's done before the last day of their ticket? We are planning to bring them back with us in October 2024.

Thanks!

Hello!

I have a question about upgrading PH tickets to new DVC Annual Passes. We are going in April 2024, both my DH and I already have Sorcerer's APs but we are bringing my mom and niece with us. If we get them regular PH tickets, can we still upgrade them to APs as long as it's done before the last day of their ticket? We are planning to bring them back with us in October 2024.

Thanks!
Do they both live at your address? I believe DVC APs are only available to family members in the same household (but someone will correct me if that is wrong).

Assuming they qualify for DVC APs, and assuming DVC APs are on sale in April 2024 -- yes they can upgrade regular PH tickets to APs. It must be done before park close on the date the last entitlement is used. Credit towards upgrade will be the WDW online price as of the date you buy the PHs.

Hello!

Thanks!

Do they both live at your address? I believe DVC APs are only available to family members in the same household (but someone will correct me if that is wrong).

Assuming they qualify for DVC APs, and assuming DVC APs are on sale in April 2024 -- yes they can upgrade regular PH tickets to APs. It must be done before park close on the date the last entitlement is used. Credit towards upgrade will be the WDW online price as of the date you buy the PHs.
I believe the other thing to keep in mind is, you will only be able to update if you have not used the park tickets on any dates that would have been blocked out for those APs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter