Is it significantly more expensive to add a day to my tickets when I'm already at the parks? I can't decide if I want to add a day now, but I'll make a decision if it's going to be much more expensive to add when I'm there...

Assuming there isn't a price increase between now and when you will be in the parks, the cost to add an extra day should be the same. Make sure to add the extra day before park close on the date you use the last entry; don't wait until the next morning.

If ticket prices increase between now and then, you will get hit with the additional increase if you wait to upgrade.

My daugther went on a school Disney trip and we had to buy the package that include a 2 Day park ticket. She had an active annual pass so I just had her use that for the trip thinking I could apply the unused ticket towards a future annual pass renewal. I just called Disney and was told that since the ticket was part of the package, those funds cannot be used toward any ticket purchase. Is that correct?

That is unfortunately most likely correct. Usually the tickets sold as part of a youth group package are highly discounted and hold no value for upgrade.

You used to be able to use two base passes to get into 2 parks in a day.
Can you still in January of 2024 when the park reservation system has stopped?

Are you talking about individually purchased one day tickets, or using a multiple day base ticket?

Individual one day tickets can be used this way, although it is an expensive way to go to the parks. It is usually cheaper to buy a one day hopper ticket instead of two separate base tickets.

Multiple day base tickets cannot be used to visit two parks in one day, and haven’t been able to be used that way for decades. In fact, I do not recall a time when you could use two days of a multiple day ticket on the same day.

With two separate one-day tickets you could get into 2 parks in one day, but they would need to be in separate MDE accounts. Doing this would allow you to avoid the 2pm hopping restriction, so I could see some value in that if you only had 1 day to visit WDW and wanted to hop before 2pm.

No, this is not allowed. Only a park hopper will allow you to visit more than one park on a single day.

I am not aware of there being a time in recent years (if ever) that you could purchase 2 tickets and visit more than one park in a single day. Park hopper is the only option to do this.

It could be some kind of fee rolled in; the tax rate should be the same as WDW (6.5%). It looks like they refer to it as "taxes and fees" and I can't find a break-out of the "Total" other than it says "Taxes and Fees Included Where Applicable."
I tried asking them about this once and they kept telling me that they were just in a location with a higher tax rate. I was never able to figure out where in the heck they would be to get that 9.8% tax rate that they were using. I asked them if there was a fee in there in addition to the tax and they kept telling me no. I've used them several times in the past and been happy with them, but when I started asking them about this tax rate, the answers they were giving me felt a little sketchy.

Hi everyone!

I searched but didn’t see an answer to this. Can anyone who has recently purchased/renewed an annual pass tell me what it was categorized as on their credit card? Travel? Entertainment?

Hello,

Can someone confirm my understanding of how ticket upgrades work?

I am looking to purchase a 7 Day Park Hopper from Trip Advisor with a 20% discount. I want to upgrade this to 8 days after purchasing it (TripAdvisor doesn't have the 8 day option).

* Do I just call them up and pay the disney price difference between the 8 day and 7 day PH?
* Do I need to wait to the day of to buy Genie+? Can that be done on the app or does it have to be at guest services?

Hello,

Can someone confirm my understanding of how ticket upgrades work?

I am looking to purchase a 7 Day Park Hopper from Trip Advisor with a 20% discount. I want to upgrade this to 8 days after purchasing it (TripAdvisor doesn't have the 8 day option).

* Do I just call them up and pay the disney price difference between the 8 day and 7 day PH?
* Do I need to wait to the day of to buy Genie+? Can that be done on the app or does it have to be at guest services?
Once you link the ticket to your MDE account, you may see a link to Upgrade This Ticket. If not, you can call. It might be helpful to know the price Disney was charging online for that ticket on the day you bought it - that’s the amount of credit you should get toward the upgrade.

I think I’ve finally found the right place to ask this question.

I have 3 park hopper passes purchased in 2001. 1 has 3 days and 2 have 2 days. My mother bought these through AAA all those years ago. We have no idea whose ticket was whose from that time. Would these be linked to each person. If I took a trip and presented them one of the old tickets would it just show valid for X amount of days and be fine to use. Or would I need to know which ticket was mine from 22 years ago to be able to convert it? Any help you can provide would be great.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this (and happy to be redirected), but I saw the news this morning that there would be an offer coming out in November for discount kids tickets/dining plan. I have a stay booked for spring break on rented DVC points, but haven’t purchased tickets yet. I’m assuming I WON’T be able to take advantage of the ticket deal since these are rented points, but can anyone confirm?

Not sure if this is the right thread for this (and happy to be redirected), but I saw the news this morning that there would be an offer coming out in November for discount kids tickets/dining plan. I have a stay booked for spring break on rented DVC points, but haven’t purchased tickets yet. I’m assuming I WON’T be able to take advantage of the ticket deal since these are rented points, but can anyone confirm?
DVC point reservations are not eligible.

Any ticket/dining plan offers that Disney releases requires a non-discounted cash stay.

One other question. Can a child use an adult ticket? If I need to upgrade the ticket, does the ticket type matter (e.g. is there any chance to use the difference as a credit for the upgrade)?

We have 10 day hoppers we got at a discount prior to WDW selling out of state APs. Now I want to upgrade to APs. Can I do it before I go, or do I have to do it at a GS location? Do I have to use the first day of my 10 day pass in order to get credit for the amount Disney sold the tickets for, or that doesn’t matter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter