Hello everyone. Haven't been to Disney since 2018 so I'm trying to catch up on all the changes. We are planning to purchase APs for 3 separate families (11 total people) that will be travelling together for some trips, but separately for others. We want to add the Photopass Downloads so that each family can access the photos taken while we are together, but ALSO for the trips where we go as individual families. Can we get by with 3 APs (one per family) that includes the Photopass Downloads?
If that's the case, suppose one member per family had the Photopass added to their AP. Would any member of that family be able to scan their band on a ride and the photo be accessible to the Photopass AP holder in that family? Hope that makes sense, thanks.

Hello everyone. Haven't been to Disney since 2018 so I'm trying to catch up on all the changes. We are planning to purchase APs for 3 separate families (11 total people) that will be travelling together for some trips, but separately for others. We want to add the Photopass Downloads so that each family can access the photos taken while we are together, but ALSO for the trips where we go as individual families. Can we get by with 3 APs (one per family) that includes the Photopass Downloads?
Yes.
If that's the case, suppose one member per family had the Photopass added to their AP. Would any member of that family be able to scan their band on a ride and the photo be accessible to the Photopass AP holder in that family?
Yes.

Hi everyone!

I searched but didn’t see an answer to this. Can anyone who has recently purchased/renewed an annual pass tell me what it was categorized as on their credit card? Travel? Entertainment?

A bit of a late reply, but I just double checked and it coded as Entertainment on my Chase.

I have 12 WDW Platinum AP vouchers that I expect we will not use. They don't expire until 2099 (effectively non-expiring). Our feelings toward attending WDW have changed toward the negative and I don't plan on using them. I know they can be reassigned within the family but I'm expecting that they will be wasted. Is there any other option?

Do UK tickets (ex: 14 day one) trigger residency/ID check at the gates like Florida ones do to “activate” them even though they’re loaded on MDE? From a quick search doesn’t seem like it did in the past, but wasn’t sure if anything changed recently.

Do UK tickets (ex: 14 day one) trigger residency/ID check at the gates like Florida ones do to “activate” them even though they’re loaded on MDE? From a quick search doesn’t seem like it did in the past, but wasn’t sure if anything changed recently.
I don’t know about UK tickets but I know tickets that were offered at a discount to Canadian residents in the past required us to go to Guest Services to prove residency. We first tried at the gate to see if we could do it there but our Mickey turned blue and the CM requested we go to Guest Services.

Few random AP questions. I know if I buy from the website (an incredipass) that it doesn’t become active until I use it.
1) Do you have to stop at guest relations or can you scan into the park to activate it? I can’t remember.
2) if I purchase at Disney springs is it active right away or can I wait to activate it (going to springs but not parks this weekend)
3) if I add on memory maker is it inactive until I activate the pass?
Things to consider. It would save me a bit of money purchasing the pass based on our trip plans BUT we always spend more taking more trips when we have a pass so I have to factor that into my decision lol. Also I’m annoyed about the park reservation thing. We would stay on site so I wouldn’t be limited in number so much as convenience but the all day park hopping they just announced would help. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. Thanks in advance.

Few random AP questions. I know if I buy from the website (an incredipass) that it doesn’t become active until I use it.
1) Do you have to stop at guest relations or can you scan into the park to activate it? I can’t remember.
2) if I purchase at Disney springs is it active right away or can I wait to activate it (going to springs but not parks this weekend)
3) if I add on memory maker is it inactive until I activate the pass?
Things to consider. It would save me a bit of money purchasing the pass based on our trip plans BUT we always spend more taking more trips when we have a pass so I have to factor that into my decision lol. Also I’m annoyed about the park reservation thing. We would stay on site so I wouldn’t be limited in number so much as convenience but the all day park hopping they just announced would help. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. Thanks in advance.
A new AP would be activated upon the first entry to one of the theme parks, even if you buy at DS. The MM add-on would be the same as the AP. Both would expire 1 year from your first entry.

Actually, purchasing at Guest Relations at Disney Springs works well (we've done it). You can have them make sure your new AP is prioritized as the primary ticket to be used in your MDE account. Of course, that only matters if you have other tickets out there in your account. We got burned once when we had non-expiring tickets, and the priorities weren't set up properly.... We're used to the park res thing, so don't view it as that big a deal anymore. Waiting to see when they'll enforce park res requirements for APs. The original announcement seemed to indicate they'll not be required for certain dates even for APs - assume that means lower-crowd periods. Guess they'll have to announce it soon! Good luck with your decision.

Incredi-Pass Park Hopping Question:​

We just purchased incredi-pass for the family and will be going in Dec over the Christmas holiday. We are excited and have been planning our days in an attempt to discern which ADRs we want to get depending on where we plan to be and when. I was just reading the Disney Files amagazine that includes a statement about AP park-hopping. In the article it states,

"...The New Year also will continue the popular "after 2 p.m." allowance, which invites Annual Passholders to enter Walt Disney World Theme Parks without a Theme Park reservation after 2 p.m. (except for Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park)..."

My question is can Passholders CURRENTLY hop to MK on Sat & Sun, or is this a change to be implemented Jan 9 (the date referred in the article where Park Reservations are abolished for d-based tickets.)?

We are new Passholders and I have not found this information spelled out (I am looking for our AP agreement email) on the website or in print anywhere, so I thought I would ask the experts here!

Incredi-Pass Park Hopping Question:​

We just purchased incredi-pass for the family and will be going in Dec over the Christmas holiday. We are excited and have been planning our days in an attempt to discern which ADRs we want to get depending on where we plan to be and when. I was just reading the Disney Files amagazine that includes a statement about AP park-hopping. In the article it states,

"...The New Year also will continue the popular "after 2 p.m." allowance, which invites Annual Passholders to enter Walt Disney World Theme Parks without a Theme Park reservation after 2 p.m. (except for Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park)..."

My question is can Passholders CURRENTLY hop to MK on Sat & Sun, or is this a change to be implemented Jan 9 (the date referred in the article where Park Reservations are abolished for d-based tickets.)?

We are new Passholders and I have not found this information spelled out (I am looking for our AP agreement email) on the website or in print anywhere, so I thought I would ask the experts here!
Yes you can hop there after 2pm on Saturday and Sunday right now - it works like hopping to any other park.

Few questions about APs:

1) We're going in January for our first use of our new APs - all I can find online is that "Beginning January 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. For other admission types, theme park reservations may be required." How do I know if I need to make park reservations for our stay?
2) Do we still get a magic band with our AP?
3) Do we still get an AP card for discounts etc?

Yes you can hop there after 2pm on Saturday and Sunday right now - it works like hopping to any other park.
Thank you, that's what I thought. I did find this verbiage on the Know Before You go page for Annual Passes, however.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 10.49.43.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 10.49.43.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 12
Can WDW annual passes be bought only on Disney's site (or in person at WDW)? Or are there any other places that sell WDW Annual passes?

Few questions about APs:

1) We're going in January for our first use of our new APs - all I can find online is that "Beginning January 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. For other admission types, theme park reservations may be required." How do I know if I need to make park reservations for our stay?
2) Do we still get a magic band with our AP?
3) Do we still get an AP card for discounts etc?
APs are not date-based and will require park reservations after 1/9/2024 - with an expectation that there might be some days they're not required for AP entry. But you should plan on park reservations with your APs until they take that requirement away. Sorry - not sure about "2" - I know they don't offer the free MBs anymore, but you might be able to buy one discounted, like you can with a Disney resort reservation. For "3", I know we still got a card when we renewed last March, but there have been indications they might do away with the hard card and make it digital.

I have 12 WDW Platinum AP vouchers that I expect we will not use. They don't expire until 2099 (effectively non-expiring). Our feelings toward attending WDW have changed toward the negative and I don't plan on using them. I know they can be reassigned within the family but I'm expecting that they will be wasted. Is there any other option?
I noticed that no one else had responded to you. If you purchased these tickets through Disney, call them and ask what your options are. Even if you purchased them from a third-party seller, still call Disney and ask.

And let us know what the response was. I wish you good luck.

ETA: I believe the correct number to call about tickets is: 407-934-7639. You want to speak to someone familiar with ticketing, not just any CM. You can also write to WDW: ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com

But I would call.

If I call to change the start day of my ticket to a cheaper day, and at the same time add an additional day to my ticket (thus it isn't a cheaper ticket), will I get the benefit of the cheaper start day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter