3 quick clarifications-

1. If we purchase AP now, but don’t use/activate until April 1 2024, they are good for a year from April 1, 2024, yes?

2. Can we make park pass reservations before activating the AP?

3. If we instead purchase date based park tickets, they are still allowing you to upgrade to APs before the end of your last day, correct?

Thanks so much!!
I'll answer the ones I know. #1 - yes, you should have the AP valid for 1 year from the activation date. #2 - yes, you can make park reservations with an AP certificate (inactivated). If you're staying on property at Disney, you can make them for the length of your reservation, including check-out and check-in days. If you're off-property, you'll be limited to the number of park reservations allowed by the type of AP you have purchased. Sorry - no experience with #3, so I'll have to pass to others with experience......

I get that the actual ticket expires after 10-days (or so) from when the first ticket was used, but do we retain the value of the difference in price between the 5-day and 6-day ticket for use on future ticket purchases?
A 6-day ticket will expire 10 days from the designated start date -- I wanted to clarify because that may or may not be "first use." Tickets used to expire based on first use, but now with date-based pricing sometimes guests will buy a ticket with a start date a couple of days earlier than their first park day because the pricing is better. The ticket expiration is based on the start date, not when used.

As PP mentions, any unused entitlements (park entries) after that expiration date become null and void. There is no residual credit balance.

3 quick clarifications-
1. correct, the AP will be valid for use for one year from first use entering a park.

2. yes, you can make park reservations before activating/using the AP. As PP mentions, how many park reservations is dependent upon where you will be staying and the type of AP (if not onsite).

3. AT THIS TIME, yes you can upgrade a regular ticket to an AP at any point prior to park close on the date you use the last entitlement. Just be aware it is possible AP sales could be paused or terminated in the future and might not be available for upgrade during your visit.

3. AT THIS TIME, yes you can upgrade a regular ticket to an AP at any point prior to park close on the date you use the last entitlement. Just be aware it is possible AP sales could be paused or terminated in the future and might not be available for upgrade during your visit.
Thank you for this info. This is a long shot, but I will ask anyway. . . I have a trip planned in December and I have a 6 day regular park hopper ticket. Assuming APs are still on sale, would I be able to upgrade to an AP on the last day of my trip, even if the current days I am visiting on are blocked out for the AP I would like to upgrade to?

Assuming APs are still on sale, would I be able to upgrade to an AP on the last day of my trip, even if the current days I am visiting on are blocked out for the AP I would like to upgrade to?
No. If you used your regular ticket on any dates that would be blocked out for the AP, you cannot upgrade to that AP. You can upgrade to a different AP. So if you attended on a weekend, you cannot then upgrade to a Pixie AP. Depending on your dates, the only AP available to upgrade to may be the Incredi-Pass.

I just want to double check my renewal was done correctly as I had to renew on the phone to pay with 2 gift cards. MDE shows two annual passes now, my current one expiring next month with a button to renew and a second AP with a different number on it and no expiration date that the phone CM said is the new one?

My passes from Shades of Green just arrived and I just linked them in MDE. It is now showing an expiration date of October 12, 2024! Could these have been accidentally activated? We are not planning to attend until next summer. Is the expiration date just how long we have to activate them? Thanks!

My passes from Shades of Green just arrived and I just linked them in MDE. It is now showing an expiration date of October 12, 2024! Could these have been accidentally activated? We are not planning to attend until next summer. Is the expiration date just how long we have to activate them? Thanks!
It’s an AP, correct? So it’s technically a voucher until activated. You have 1-year from date of purchase to activate (1st use), and then the expiration will reset to 1-year from first use. If for some reason you don’t end up activating the APs within a year, it will revert to a credit that you can use towards a new AP.

It’s an AP, correct? So it’s technically a voucher until activated. You have 1-year from date of purchase to activate (1st use), and then the expiration will reset to 1-year from first use. If for some reason you don’t end up activating the APs within a year, it will revert to a credit that you can use towards a new AP.
Yes it an AP. Thanks for the info. I was hoping that was the case. Just a little paranoid and wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of glitch.

This is strange. I got my Incredi-pass APs last week from SoG and they show no expiration date in MDE, either in the app or on the website. My family members that have APs have expiration dates that correspond with their first park visit (this summer). Our passes have a blank expiration, but I am able to make park reservations as well as get AP discounts on resort rooms.

Pixie Pass question as a snow bird.

We spend 5 months out of the year in Florida. We do have bank accounts establish with out Florida address, however our state IDs are not Florida. Our rental agreement is not accepted for validation and out utilities are included, therefore we don't have bills in our name to show as validation. The website indicates that banking statements are sufficient, but want to ensure others have used those as in person validation before I take the AP plunge.

We spend 5 months out of the year in Florida. Short version is we have a lease that includes utilities, are "locals" 5 months of the year and sublet the other 7 months. Lease agreements are not valid confirmation, we have no utilities in our name, and out ID's are out of state as we never pass the 183 day threshold to establish residency. We DO however two bank accounts in Florida with this address on it.

The website indicates that banking statements are sufficient, but want to ensure others have used those as in person validation before I take the AP plunge. And from what I can gather, I just need to take current statements with us to GS when we plan on activating them, is that correct?

These are the requirements for proving Florida residency for WDW tickets:

Q: What proof of residence will I need to provide in order to purchase a Florida Resident park ticket or annual pass?

A: You’ll need to provide proof of a Florida residential address in order to purchase a Florida Resident park ticket or annual pass. For each ticket or pass purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:
  • Valid Florida driver’s license (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
*For your convenience, Florida residents with any of the above listed identification can now verify their residency online, which means you can bypass Guest Relations and go straight to the parks! Simply fill out the “Your Florida Resident Information” form upon check-out when you purchase tickets through Disneyworld.com or complete the “Customize Your Tickets” step when you purchase through the My Disney Experience app.
If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then you must provide one of the following—dated within the past 2 months—evidencing a Florida residential address, along with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Proof of Current Mortgage You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.

Bills, Policies or Registration
  • Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill
  • Current Utility bill (power / phone / cable / water)
  • Bills can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Mail
  • Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements
  • Mail from federal, state, county or city government agencies
  • Mail can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.

Current statements and bills printed from electronic versions are accepted, along with electronic bills provided via smart phones and tablet devices.

For more information, please call (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277—or use the Annual Passholder Help Form to email our dedicated Help Team with any questions you may have about your annual pass. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Yes, I reviewed the above from the website but am looking for real world feedback if anyone has used banking statements alone as validation/verification as I am assuming that is not the typical approach.

Going to move this to TP&A Board. You'll get more answers there, since not all that many DVC owners are Florida residents. The Pixie is not available to DVC Members who do not reside in Florida. My best guess is that there are some Florida residents who use bank statements to prove eligibility for Florida perks

This is what Disney’s website says.

“ If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then you must provide one of the following—dated within the past 2 months—evidencing a Florida residential address, along with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Proof of Current Mortgage You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.

Bills, Policies or Registration

Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
Current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill
Current Utility bill (power / phone / cable / water)
Bills can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Mail

Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements
Mail from federal, state, county or city government agencies
Mail can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.

Current statements and bills printed from electronic versions are accepted, along with electronic bills provided via smart phones and tablet devices.

For more information, please call (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277—or use the Annual Passholder Help Form to email our dedicated Help Team with any questions you may have about your annual pass. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.”

Both my sons use a bank statement BUT I have always been there with them to validate.

All three of us have out of state IDs but with the same address.
- I provide a Florida mortgage (and have utility as backup).
- They provide a Bank Statement WITH THE FLORIDA ADDRESS.
- I pay using a Florida addressed credit card.

NOTE: UNIVERSAL has tightened up on these types of FL APs and they told DS last time they would no longer accept his Bank Account.

Last edited:
Anyone recently upgrade a 14-day ticket (UK) to an annual pass? Looking to see what value they are giving for the tickets.

Also, am I correct in thinking I can upgrade my ticket as long as it hasn't expired or been wholly used? For example, can I upgrade my ticket near the end of my trip and will I still get the same value or does it depend on how many days were used?

Anyone recently upgrade a 14-day ticket (UK) to an annual pass? Looking to see what value they are giving for the tickets.

Also, am I correct in thinking I can upgrade my ticket as long as it hasn't expired or been wholly used? For example, can I upgrade my ticket near the end of my trip and will I still get the same value or does it depend on how many days were used?
I'm not finding much info about upgrading a UK 14-day ticket to AP. Unfortunately this thread suggests no. However in this post someone was successful but only after multiple attempts.

IF you are allowed to upgrade, you may be required to include the add-ons for waterparks, mini-golf, memory maker, etc. -- especially if you used any of those features.

This is strange. I got my Incredi-pass APs last week from SoG and they show no expiration date in MDE, either in the app or on the website. My family members that have APs have expiration dates that correspond with their first park visit (this summer). Our passes have a blank expiration, but I am able to make park reservations as well as get AP discounts on resort rooms.
So, if I go to the "Tickets and Passes" section of MDE, there is no expiration date shown. However, if I scroll down to "My Profile" and go to the "Memberships & Passes" section, it has "Walt Disney World Annual Passholder" for each member and underneath it says "Expires: October 12, 2024" which is exactly one year after the purchase date. I'm thinking that once we enter the park, the expiration will reset to one year from the day we first enter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter