I am going to Disney World in February for the first time since 2012, so a lot has changed with tickets. I rented DVC points through David's for our stay, and now I need to get park tickets. We are 5 adults, and one lives in Florida. I am buying everyone's tickets. What is the best way to do this since it's all in the app now? Is it still possible to buy discounted tickets elsewhere? Would it be easier to wait until we are all together at the resort? If I buy the tickets now, will they still be good in February? So many questions! I miss paper tickets! Help!

Ihave a 3 day park hopper from UT that starts tomorrow. Due to schedule change I am interested in making it a 4 day starting today. Is that possible at the ticket booth?

Ihave a 3 day park hopper from UT that starts tomorrow. Due to schedule change I am interested in making it a 4 day starting today. Is that possible at the ticket booth?
Yes. Be aware an upgrade will also pick-up any price increase that may have occurred since the time you bought the ticket. I think the last ticket increase was in October so if you bought prior to that your upgrade price may be more than just 3-day to 4-day.

Military Ticket Question...

We usually go every October so AP's have never been on the radar. This year (2024), we are going in December. In planning ahead for 2025, I am sure that we will not go in December so I was thinking that perhaps we should consider an AP since we will have (2) 7-day trips within a 12-month period. I am a DVC member so I would be getting the Sorceror pass. My friend always buys the Military Salute tickets for us (I get the "cheap" lodging and she provides the tickets :thumbsup2) and I see that those tickets are eligible for upgrade to an AP. I looked at the "sticky" and this is the quote:
Any of the military tickets, Salute or not, can be upgraded to an AP.
But, the Salute tickets only get price bridged to their own equivalent gate price, with tax included - not to the full price of a regular 4 or 5 day PH/WPF&M.
My question is in regards to the red text...is "their own equivalent gate price" in reference to the price of the regular MYW MILITARY tickets?

Based on the information I found, a 6-day Military SALUTE ticket with park-hopping is $409 + tax ($435.59 total) and a 6-day MYW Military discounted ticket is $606.75 + tax ($646.19). Am I understanding this correctly that if I were to upgrade the Military Salute ticket to an AP, it would be bridged to the $646.19 amount?

My question is in regards to the red text...is "their own equivalent gate price" in reference to the price of the regular MYW MILITARY tickets?
If upgrading a Salute ticket you will have credit for what the Salute ticket cost (the discount price). No bridging to any other MYW or regular theme park ticket.

Take that into consideration when deciding whether to upgrade. The Salute tickets may be deeply enough discounted to negate value of an AP.

If upgrading a Salute ticket you will have credit for what the Salute ticket cost (the discount price). No bridging to any other MYW or regular theme park ticket.

Take that into consideration when deciding whether to upgrade. The Salute tickets may be deeply enough discounted to negate value of an AP.
Is the information in the "sticky" incorrect then? It does state that the Salute tickets can be bridged, but not to the full face value (i.e. gate price), but rather to "their own equivalent gate price". I interpret the "own equivalent gate price" as the "gate" price of the standard discounted military tickets (which cannot be bought at the gate anyways), but I could be mistaken.

If the tickets cannot be bridged at all, then you are correct in stating that there is no value in an AP upgrade as (2) 6-day Salute tickets are still $150 less than a Sorcerer AP.

Is the information in the "sticky" incorrect then? It does state that the Salute tickets can be bridged, but not to the full face value (i.e. gate price), but rather to "their own equivalent gate price". I interpret the "own equivalent gate price" as the "gate" price of the standard discounted military tickets (which cannot be bought at the gate anyways), but I could be mistaken.
I did not write the sticky but I believe it means the Salute ticket would bridge to a credit including tax, not how you are interpreting it. I'm honestly not sure if the info about including tax is still accurate or not. A Salute ticket does not bridge to the less-discounted Military MYW ticket value.

Any of the military tickets, Salute or not, can be upgraded to an AP.
But, the Salute tickets only get price bridged to their own equivalent gate price, with tax included - not to the full price of a regular 4 or 5 day PH/WPF&M.

I have a child's 5-day MYW ticket that I purchased back in 2017 for my daughter that does not expire until first use.

She will be turning 10 soon but we have annual passes so I won't be able to use it before she turns 10. I know at one time Disney would change it to an adult ticket at no cost, but I think that is long gone.

Is that still an option? If not, is my only option to pay the difference? I wouldn't mind paying the difference between the current prices for child and adult tickets, but if they only give me the value of what I paid for the original ticket, then that is a huge difference.

Any advise is appreciated :-)

I have a child's 5-day MYW ticket that I purchased back in 2017 for my daughter that does not expire until first use.
Are you sure it was purchased in 2017? Expiration dates started in 2016 (had to be used by 12/31/2017) and 2017 tickets had to be used by 12/31/2018.

If it’s an earlier ticket, fully unused, I think you’ll need to upgrade to an adult ticket. You can ask if they’ll allow her to use it, especially if close to the age cut. If a child’s ticket was partially-used but not expired it could be used by the same individual as an adult.

If the ticket is from 2017 and expired, this chart shows the credit value: https://web.archive.org/web/20170703161001/http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm

Do not expect a “current value” credit towards an upgrade.

We haven’t been in years so I need to catch up on a ton of thing.

But first…since we are staying on-site, is it best to just buy tickets when we book our rooms?

Also, if I want to book a split-stay, should I order the tickets with our total number of days with the first room booked? like if we are staying a total of 7 days in all resorts, get a 7 day ticket with the earliest room booked?

thank you!

We haven’t been in years so I need to catch up on a ton of thing.

But first…since we are staying on-site, is it best to just buy tickets when we book our rooms?

Also, if I want to book a split-stay, should I order the tickets with our total number of days with the first room booked? like if we are staying a total of 7 days in all resorts, get a 7 day ticket with the earliest room booked?

thank you!
You can book a package (room+tickets, optional +ddp). I typically book room-only and buy the tickets separately. Unless you really want a package or the dining plan there isn't any particular reason to package it.

If you do opt for a package, then yes you'll want to buy tickets for the full length of visit with the first part of your split stay. Package tickets automatically begin with check-in date and cannot be activated earlier. Ticket prices are "front-loaded" so the longer you stay the less expensive it is to add extra days (for example, a 4-day ticket + a 3-day ticket will cost much more than a 7-day ticket).

Last edited:
Are you sure it was purchased in 2017? Expiration dates started in 2016 (had to be used by 12/31/2017) and 2017 tickets had to be used by 12/31/2018.

If it’s an earlier ticket, fully unused, I think you’ll need to upgrade to an adult ticket. You can ask if they’ll allow her to use it, especially if close to the age cut. If a child’s ticket was partially-used but not expired it could be used by the same individual as an adult.

If the ticket is from 2017 and expired, this chart shows the credit value: https://web.archive.org/web/20170703161001/http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm

Do not expect a “current value” credit towards an upgrade.

Yes, they are still good. In the app they say they are valid 1/7/2017-12/30/2099.

I'll be in WDW in a couple weeks so maybe I'll stop by Guest Services and see what my options are for an aged-out child's ticket.

I guess I can save it for when I eventually have grandchildren. :eek: :laughing:

I can purchase a 6 Day park hopper for $704 (incl all taxes and fees) today for our June trip. This is lower than any other options I can find, but I'm still dragging my feet to purchase. Does anyone think there could be some ticket deal or should I just pull the trigger and get them purchased?

I can purchase a 6 Day park hopper for $704 (incl all taxes and fees) today for our June trip. This is lower than any other options I can find, but I'm still dragging my feet to purchase. Does anyone think there could be some ticket deal or should I just pull the trigger and get them purchased?
Historically Disney increases their ticket prices early in the year so choosing to delay may means higher priced tickets.

We have no idea if a different ticket deal will be offered by Disney.

Hi there, I've looked through here for an answer but this thread is HUGE and I haven't found an answer yet for what I hope is a simple question.....
I am looking at purchasing WDW tickets (This summer-5day Hopper plus) on UT but my son will have a friend coming with us. At this time we don't know which friend will be able to come, and UT is asking for names on each ticket. If I just put a name and that's not the person who is able to come, can I easily change the name on the ticket later? Where/How would I do that? Can I just simply add the ticket to a different name later in the MDX app?

If I just put a name and that's not the person who is able to come, can I easily change the name on the ticket later? Where/How would I do that? Can I just simply add the ticket to a different name later in the MDX app?
Will this friend have a profile that you manage in your MDE account? Or will he be linked from maybe a profile in his parent's MDE account? It's easy to move tickets from 1 profile to another that you manage. If you don't manage the profile, you'd need to get the person who does to transfer the ticket back to you so you can shift it to the correct guest.

DH and I are AP holders / FL residents with the Water Park & Sports option. We have family visiting next week who would like to go to Blizzard Beach.

On this page, it refers to a $49 special ticket for AP holder and up to 3 guests, but with expiration date of Dec 31, 2023:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...s-and-discounts/#drawer-card-drawerWaterParks

If I log into my MDE account, it shows that I can purchase water park tickets for $49 valid until Dec 31, 2025. However, it states that these are for Passholders only and a Passholder ID is required to pick up the tickets. There is nothing about Passholder + up to 3 guests.

We don't need to buy tickets because we have the WP & Sports option on our AP already. Does anyone know if the $49 tickets can still be purchased by an AP holders for guests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter