• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will this friend have a profile that you manage in your MDE account? Or will he be linked from maybe a profile in his parent's MDE account? It's easy to move tickets from 1 profile to another that you manage. If you don't manage the profile, you'd need to get the person who does to transfer the ticket back to you so you can shift it to the correct guest.
I just looked both friends up and neither are registered on there with their parents. So, I guess I would add whichever friend when the time comes. I guess it wouldn't matter who's name I put on the ticket at purchase time in UT?

We're planning a trip with friends in September/October. We're also considering a Christmas trip for my daughter's college graduation, but not 100% sure of that yet. Also, we're anticipating my wife attending an annual conference in Orlando in August, with me tagging along for fun. :)

With the current ticket discount on UT, I'd like to go ahead and purchase tickets for our fall trip now. However, if the Christmas trip and/or my wife's conference also materialize, then we'll spring for AP's for our first time. My question is, if I purchase discounted tickets now for September, can I upgrade those to AP's in July or August if we decide to go that route? Would that just require a phone call?

Clarification on Ticket Bridging.

From farther back posts I’ve read mixed answers on what value is applied if you upgrade from a set number of day tickets to an annual pass.

Right now there is an offer (not direct from Disney) for $94 off of a 6 day park hopper ticket.

My questions are

1) regardless of applied value, would I be able to upgrade the 6 day tickets to a season pass through Disney?

2) while it’s not a guarantee and I understand there has been some variance per cast member, in recent times has Disney been applying the *full date based value* or can they see what I paid through the third party?

3) I suppose the question is similar to my first question, but if I got date based tickets for February 1-6, and then didn’t make it to the park that week, what would happen? Would the value just be sitting in my account to purchase tickets for another time?

Maybe the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. I’m not sure. I’ve read varying results on this but in searching I have not seen particularly recent comments and was wondering if anyone had updated information.

Thank you!

Clarification on Ticket Bridging.
It sounds like you are talking about buying a new ticket from an authorized re-seller today (or tomorrow, next week) rather than an older ticket.
  1. At the time you buy the discounted ticket, ALSO look up the full cost of the same ticket on WDW's website. That is your credit value.
  2. When you are ready to upgrade:
  3. first ask "how much to upgrade to ..."
  4. if the difference is more than the new ticket price minus the value from #1 above, say "no thanks" and walk away
  5. try again at a different ticket window or different time

DH and I are AP holders / FL residents with the Water Park & Sports option. We have family visiting next week who would like to go to Blizzard Beach.

On this page, it refers to a $49 special ticket for AP holder and up to 3 guests, but with expiration date of Dec 31, 2023:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...s-and-discounts/#drawer-card-drawerWaterParks

If I log into my MDE account, it shows that I can purchase water park tickets for $49 valid until Dec 31, 2025. However, it states that these are for Passholders only and a Passholder ID is required to pick up the tickets. There is nothing about Passholder + up to 3 guests.

We don't need to buy tickets because we have the WP & Sports option on our AP already. Does anyone know if the $49 tickets can still be purchased by an AP holders for guests?
Can anyone help with this query please?

TL;DR: Can we, as AP holders, buy the $49 AP water park tickets on sale now for guests, or are they only valid for the AP holder.

Can anyone help with this query please?

TL;DR: Can we, as AP holders, buy the $49 AP water park tickets on sale now for guests, or are they only valid for the AP holder.
I think it's likely too early in the year combined with the cold weather and several days of waterpark closures to know if this year's rules are are different than last years which appeared to allow APs to purchase the discounted tickets for non-AP guests. It's not likely many people have tried to buy tickets yet this year. I agree that the AP line is likely the best source for an answer.

I thought that with 687 pages of people asking ticket questions and getting answers, that this was the right place to ask. But thanks for your helpful response.
Wasn’t meant to be snarky at all. But it’s probably the fastest way to get an answer since no one has responded and if it were me, I’d want to know. That is why they have a AP number to call, to specifically answer questions for AP holders about passes and benefits. But you do you…

I split time between Florida and another state. Last year I purchased the pixie annual pass with my documentation since I don’t have a Florida ID. If I renew it do I need to reverify anything or am I good to go? I see the option to renew online but I’m unsure if I do that if I’ll be able to walk into a park one day or if I’d have to stop and verify my Florida residency first.

We have a set of unused 5 day Base Tickets from 2014 (before dated tickets). We're planning to go right after Christmas 2024 and stay through New Year's Day. If we use our old tickets, will we need park reservations? If so, can we upgrade the tickets to Dated Park Hoppers and avoid the need for park reservations?

We have a set of unused 5 day Base Tickets from 2014 (before dated tickets). We're planning to go right after Christmas 2024 and stay through New Year's Day. If we use our old tickets, will we need park reservations? If so, can we upgrade the tickets to Dated Park Hoppers and avoid the need for park reservations?
Yes, you will need theme park reservations if you use the older tickets as-is.

You can upgrade the older tickets to PH and thus would not be required to make theme park reservations. But be aware it's not just the PH add-on price as you'd need to bring those old 5-day base up to current 5-day PH cost. As credit you'd get the "pre-2017" value as noted in post #6 of this same thread. I think that looks like about $360. Compare that to the current price for your 2024 holiday dates (probably ~$800) and decide if it's worth the cost to upgrade.

I have a resort + tickets package booked (through Disney) for March for me and my daughter, staying 4 nights, 5 days in the parks. My husband will be joining us on day 3, so I need to get him park tickets for 3 days. I believe that if I add him to our package with Disney he will have to have the same tickets we do (5 days). Is that correct? If so, is it better to get his tickets from another source and then add them to his profile somehow? I'm concerned about getting that added correctly so that we can book Genie+, ILLs, etc together in the app. Any advice on the best way to get his park tickets?

Any advice on the best way to get his park tickets?
You can buy his ticket from WDW direct or through an authorized reseller. It's easy to link to him in MDE. Then after you arrive and check-in, stop by the front desk of your resort to let them know he will be joining you for whichever nights. That will allow you to link the resort reservation to him as well and he will be considered an on-site guest for Early Entry or other perks.

I am a current passholder (Incredipass), and it expires at the end of November. I’m planning a trip at the beginning of November, and it would be nice to be able to book a package so I can get the 6 months of 0% APR on my Disney visa.

My question is: can I use the tickets in the package towards my AP renewal?

I'm currently at a conference and bought conference tickets that are called: "2-Day Ticket with Admission to One Park Per Day and 1 Water Park Fun & More Visit (Ages 10+)". It looks lke the "water park fun & more" were offered years ago, but no longer offered for sale. I understand they provide you with access to a water park or minigolf or golf.

We are thinking about using it for 9 holes at Oak Trail. How does it actually work to use it for golf? Is it as simple as showing our tickets in MDE when arriving for our round?

I am a current passholder (Incredipass), and it expires at the end of November. I’m planning a trip at the beginning of November, and it would be nice to be able to book a package so I can get the 6 months of 0% APR on my Disney visa.

My question is: can I use the tickets in the package towards my AP renewal?

I thought I remember reading on Plan Disney that it couldn’t be done anymore. Like they stopped it a couple of years ago, post COVID. i will see if I can find the link.

found it in this thread.. lol… the bolding is mine.

As we know, the Plan Disney website isn't always accurate. However, it does contain this information here:
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...et-dates-used-pay-renewal-annual-pass-492410/

"To answer your question, yes, unused tickets with pre-set dates can be used as a credit toward your Annual Pass renewal. However, the process is a little more complicated and depends on the current situation. First, this can only be done by a Cast Member in person at a ticketing window. For this reason, the process may be a bit tricky as you have to be within your renewal window during your trip. If you are within your renewal window, you can go to a ticketing window at the main entrance of any of the four parks or visit the Disney Springs Guest Relations locations, and they will be able to renew your Annual Pass for you. Second, your pass must be currently sold, so you would only be able to use your unused tickets towards your renewal if you own the Disney Pixie Dust Pass and are a Florida resident. To know precisely when Annual Passes go back on sale, I recommend keeping an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and the Walt Disney World website. To clarify, these requirements only apply if you want to use your unused tickets towards your renewal, but you would still be able to renew any Annual Pass even if they are not currently being sold."

this is from March 2022 but I seem to recall a DIS member being able to use tickets towards a renewal in October 2022…

Last edited:
I thought I remember reading on Plan Disney that it couldn’t be done anymore. Like they stopped it a couple of years ago, post COVID. i will see if I can find the link.

found it in this thread.. lol… the bolding is mine.

As we know, the Plan Disney website isn't always accurate. However, it does contain this information here:
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...et-dates-used-pay-renewal-annual-pass-492410/

"To answer your question, yes, unused tickets with pre-set dates can be used as a credit toward your Annual Pass renewal. However, the process is a little more complicated and depends on the current situation. First, this can only be done by a Cast Member in person at a ticketing window. For this reason, the process may be a bit tricky as you have to be within your renewal window during your trip. If you are within your renewal window, you can go to a ticketing window at the main entrance of any of the four parks or visit the Disney Springs Guest Relations locations, and they will be able to renew your Annual Pass for you. Second, your pass must be currently sold, so you would only be able to use your unused tickets towards your renewal if you own the Disney Pixie Dust Pass and are a Florida resident. To know precisely when Annual Passes go back on sale, I recommend keeping an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and the Walt Disney World website. To clarify, these requirements only apply if you want to use your unused tickets towards your renewal, but you would still be able to renew any Annual Pass even if they are not currently being sold."

this is from March 2022 but I seem to recall a DIS member being able to use tickets towards a renewal in October 2022…
Thanks for this. So, at the moment, Incredipasses are available for sale, and if they’re still on sale in when I arrive at the end of October, I should be able to stop at a ticket window and use the ticket toward a renewal. Perfect, although Disney could make it slightly less complicated 😄😄

Trying to get clarification after calling WDW. My wife and I are closing on a home in Port Charlotte FL this Tuesday Jan. 30th. We are going to WDW on Feb. 29th so we are going to try to buy resident passes for the discount. I don't think we will have any utility bills or the other required paperwork needed to get FL resident passes. We will have all the papers from the home we purchased. We might have the home insurance papers but not sure as we need the property inspected before we can insure it. I don't know how long that process takes. We have set up an account with Florida power and light online to have the utilities switched to us on Wednesday but again we will not have a bill until March.
Any help would be great!
Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter