While I admit to not paying close attention to theme park reservations last year, I seem to recall it was speculated that WDW had made some adjustments maybe after spring break or early summer 2023. That essentially opened up reservations. Whether they went to "full" staffing or allowed fuller crowds or what I can't say. There might be something on the Theme Park Reservations thread. I think even for the Christmas to New Year's timing this past year it wasn't as "sold out" as anticipated.

I agree there is unlikely to be significant problems obtaining a theme park reservation for most APs on most dates. I suspect WDW has shifted more to using the reservations as guidance towards staffing rather than limiting attendance. But to PP's point -- "green" on the reservation calendar for a given park could mean there is just 1 reservation available or 100 or 1000.

I have a question about tickets, hotels and WDWAP. I currently have a 5 day package reserved for July as of now. This as we all know includes tickets, hotel, plus I got he DDP. I plan on getting annual passes in a few weeks. My package is not completely paid in full yet. So how does abstaining annual passes affect my package? Do I need to call Disney and re-do my vacation, cancel the trip and rebook or and I stuck with the tickets and annual passes on top of that?

I have a question about tickets, hotels and WDWAP. I currently have a 5 day package reserved for July as of now. This as we all know includes tickets, hotel, plus I got he DDP. I plan on getting annual passes in a few weeks. My package is not completely paid in full yet. So how does abstaining annual passes affect my package? Do I need to call Disney and re-do my vacation, cancel the trip and rebook or and I stuck with the tickets and annual passes on top of that?
Did you get the free DDP? If so, to keep it, you have to have tickets in the package. If you purchase an AP and plan to use it on your trip, call DIsney and they should be able to change the package for you. If you have the AP, you may be eligible for room discounts if any are available (as an AP holder, you would have to activate it by the time you stay or at that time). If you paid for the DDP, then you should be able to keep it.

My package is not completely paid in full yet. So how does abstaining annual passes affect my package?
You can't upgrade the package tickets until you arrive.
If you purchase stand-alone AP (not upgrading the package tickets) you have 2 options:
1) keep the package as-is and use those package tickets as credit in the future towards your AP renewals
2) drop tickets from your package which may re-work the package pricing. As PP mentions, if you have the "free" dining promo you need to keep the tickets to retain the free dining -- see option #1 above. If you paid for the dining plan, you can drop the tickets and have an "ticketless package" -- possibly adding an AP discount.

If most guests don't require park reservations now, wouldn't park reservation availability be pretty wide open on most days other than the busy holidays anyway? What's the good about good-to-go days if you can get a reservation on almost every day? What am I missing?

View attachment 830861
I don't know but this new system is incredibly frustrating. We have Incredipasses and are trying to switch our park for today but are totally blocked out from everything except AK. This is honestly ridiculous. We never had issues in the past

I don't know but this new system is incredibly frustrating. We have Incredipasses and are trying to switch our park for today but are totally blocked out from everything except AK. This is honestly ridiculous. We never had issues in the past
That's nuts. Today is the only day in the next five months without 100% availability over all four parks. I'm an AP (Sorcerer) too.

That's nuts. Today is the only day in the next five months without 100% availability over all four parks. I'm an AP (Sorcerer) too.
Ridiculous. It’s a random weekend in early Feb. I hope they sort this out. They certainly have data to be able to predict crowds

If most guests don't require park reservations now, wouldn't park reservation availability be pretty wide open on most days other than the busy holidays anyway? What's the good about good-to-go days if you can get a reservation on almost every day? What am I missing?

View attachment 830861
Nothing. You are missing NOTHING. Except Disney paying someone to keep this stupid system operational- oh my. Tinfoil hat time!! What if some genius bought this system from an outside vendor on a long term contract back when they told Wall St the park reservation system is “here to stay” and this is now how they’re justifying the expense?

Hi all. I believe I know the answer but thought I’d ask the experts.
DD and I will be attending After Hours at MK on Monday and are staying at BLT. We do not have any other park admission other than our AH tickets. We plan on entering MK at 19:00 as allowed.
So…on Monday morning can I purchase an ILL for TRON for after 19:00??
I’m guessing not but as we all know, the Mouse works in mysterious ways.
Thanks in advance,
CPC

I’m finding conflicting into. I’m almost certain I’ve read on these blogs that people have had success adding their kids cheer competition tickets to MDE and booking LL, VQs, etc for them. But I’ve also seen lots of reports that they were told it wasn’t possible, they were out of luck, etc. I have some friends going for the cheer competitions soon and I’m trying to see if I can help them out or not. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or is it really just not possible with these tickets? The mom got the confirmation number off the ticket but when she tries to link it to MDE, it says it’s already linked to a different account 🙈

I’m finding conflicting into. I’m almost certain I’ve read on these blogs that people have had success adding their kids cheer competition tickets to MDE and booking LL, VQs, etc for them. But I’ve also seen lots of reports that they were told it wasn’t possible, they were out of luck, etc.
To my knowledge, if the student is given the actual ticket number then they should be able to add it to MDE. The issue is that some groups do not give out the actual ticket number until on-site and distributing physical cards.

The mom got the confirmation number off the ticket but when she tries to link it to MDE, it says it’s already linked to a different account
Does she have a physical ticket? Or was she just given a number? It kind of sounds like the organizer may have shared the same ticket number with more than one student and someone already added it to their MDE. I suggest she confirm her child's actual ticket number with the coach or trip organizer.

To my knowledge, if the student is given the actual ticket number then they should be able to add it to MDE. The issue is that some groups do not give out the actual ticket number until on-site and distributing physical cards.

Does she have a physical ticket? Or was she just given a number? It kind of sounds like the organizer may have shared the same ticket number with more than one student and someone already added it to their MDE. I suggest she confirm her child's actual ticket number with the coach or trip organizer.
The coach just sent her a picture with the ticket number on it. I'm thinking, like you mentioned, she just sent her one of the tickets and someone else had either already linked it or the coach had already linked them to her own MDE for some reason to better keep track. If that's the case she should be able to "friend and family" with her and make that work so we will see. Thanks for the response!

Did you get the free DDP? If so, to keep it, you have to have tickets in the package. If you purchase an AP and plan to use it on your trip, call DIsney and they should be able to change the package for you. If you have the AP, you may be eligible for room discounts if any are available (as an AP holder, you would have to activate it by the time you stay or at that time). If you paid for the DDP, then you should be able to keep it.
I'll just have to call Disney and see what the best plan of action is.

I currently have an annual pass (Incredipass), and it is set to expire right in the middle of my upcoming trip (late May). So, currently I can only make park reservations for the parts of my trip where the pass is not expired. I really want to make reservations for the remaining days of my trip. I know I'm going to renew my annual pass. Is there any way to renew prior to the 60 days before my current pass expires? If not, is there any other way I can make park reservations now, or do I just have to be patient and wait?

I am heading to Epcot on March 3rd. I have my hotel and flight all set up and paid. But I haven’t bought my Epcot tickets yet. I am waiting on some medical appointments for myself. To make sure I’m good to travel. By February 21st I should know if I’m good to go. Is there any risk to buy the tickets only a few days before, besides obviously the price going up? I know reservations are gone. Just buying a single park ticket for me and my wife.

Thank you

I'm currently at a conference and bought conference tickets that are called: "2-Day Ticket with Admission to One Park Per Day and 1 Water Park Fun & More Visit (Ages 10+)". It looks lke the "water park fun & more" were offered years ago, but no longer offered for sale. I understand they provide you with access to a water park or minigolf or golf.

We are thinking about using it for 9 holes at Oak Trail. How does it actually work to use it for golf? Is it as simple as showing our tickets in MDE when arriving for our round?

Bumping this up to see if anyone has had experiences using these "water Park fun & more" add ons.

I am heading to Epcot on March 3rd. I have my hotel and flight all set up and paid. But I haven’t bought my Epcot tickets yet. I am waiting on some medical appointments for myself. To make sure I’m good to travel. By February 21st I should know if I’m good to go. Is there any risk to buy the tickets only a few days before, besides obviously the price going up? I know reservations are gone. Just buying a single park ticket for me and my wife.

Thank you
The only risk is it won’t be available- but I don’t think we’ve seen that yet? If Disney determines EP is full for that day the ticket will become unavailable to purchase.

I'm currently at a conference and bought conference tickets that are called: "2-Day Ticket with Admission to One Park Per Day and 1 Water Park Fun & More Visit (Ages 10+)". It looks lke the "water park fun & more" were offered years ago, but no longer offered for sale. I understand they provide you with access to a water park or minigolf or golf.

We are thinking about using it for 9 holes at Oak Trail. How does it actually work to use it for golf? Is it as simple as showing our tickets in MDE when arriving for our round?
Reading your question I believe you may be confusing the golf option. The golf portion of the Water Park and more is miniature golf. Oak Trail is a regular golf course. I have never heard of the golf voucher being eligible to be used for a round of regular golf.

Answer removed as more accurate information provided on next page. Always learning!

Last edited:

Thank you
Since park reservations for day tickets were removed, there have not been any instances of a park being full. You should be just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter